The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
OSX audio preview issues
Old 6th August 2015
Gear Maniac

OSX audio preview issues

Hi folks. I'm troubleshooting some audio issues with my Mountain Lion osx system. Specifically, the audio preview seems to be glitchy/inaccurate and I'm wondering if anyone might have any fix ideas.

For example, let's say I have a short snare sound that has just a bit of reverb on the end. If I go through Battery via a DAW or if I just preview through Finder, the end of the sound will cut off. This only seems to happen with very short sounds, but it's annoying as I like to audition a whole lot of short sounds while putting together kits.

The second annoying thing is trying to play a sound twice. Once you try to play a sound twice using preview via the finder (or through Battery), the initial attack isn't clean. You have to select another sound and then go back to the original sound to get it to play cleanly.

Again as someone who audition tons of sounds, I find this to be super annoying. Anyone else run into this?

Thanks.
Old 6th August 2015
Gear Maniac

Actually I just tried this again through the Battery interface and this seems to solve the problem.

However I find it still very weird and annoying, especially as I like to edit sounds outside of a DAW, and be able to quickly preview them without having to open them in Audacity.

Last edited by johnnyblotter; 6th August 2015 at 05:57 PM..
Old 6th August 2015
Lives for gear

It costs a little money, but audio ease's Snapper works pretty well... I hear you about toggling between samples etc...
Old 6th August 2015
Gear Maniac

Thanks. I checked that out, looks pretty useful.

Though...it's kinda crazy to me that this would actually be a native problem.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search