The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Firewire not working properly or is it Cubase?
Old 5th August 2015
Here for the gear

Firewire not working properly or is it Cubase?

Hi, I am sorry if this is posted in a wrong category?
I searched my question but some topics may seem close to my problem but I don't understand it.

When I record my voice it's too soft in Cubase. All other audio such as instrumental track is very loud and clear. But the recorded track is almost not audible.
I use CME Matrix K FW Firewire Audio Interface, AKG Perception 120 condensator mic. And Cubase 5.
All this time all worked fine, but today I am having this problem.

Also the lights of In peak and In level of the firewire interface are not lighting up. Does this mean the problem is with the interface?

All the settings on the interface: gain, stereo in, line out vol. and headphone vol. are set ok. But I hardly can't hear my self.

Or is it the microphone??
When I do hear myself (still softly), it's a bit with a reverb.

I checked everything in Cubase and everything seem right in there (also the busses). Although VST System Link is inactive because of too many errors (?). But I don't understand this option and don't really know if this was always on or off. Sorry for my newbie behaviour.

Ahhh I hope somebody can help me.
Old 5th August 2015
Lives for gear

Is the 48v phantom power button engaged? Your condenser mic needs that. If you engage the direct monitor button can you hear the mic input through the headphone jack of the CME Matrix?
Old 5th August 2015
Here for the gear

Hi, yes the 48v phantom power button is on. Also the direct monitor button, but when I switch on/off and on again, I don't hear it in the headphones. Did you mean that?
Old 5th August 2015
Lives for gear

If you're not hearing the direct monitor signal from mic input in the headphone feed (of the CME) then you've likely got a problem with your mic, your mic cable or the CME itself. A good testing process would be:
-Check the cable connections
-Try a different cable
-Try a different mic
-Try a different audio interface
Old 5th August 2015
Here for the gear

Hi Sparqee,
ok thank you. I now know what to test and will do that.
Top Mentioned Products
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search