The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
New Avid HD I/O's or nah?
Old 5th August 2015
Lives for gear

New Avid HD I/O's or nah?

I'm in the process of moving my studio in a new location and have been revamping my gear list while everything is down. The room is being built out right now and is almost done. I'm running an SSL Matrix with a nice assortment of outboard gear and an almost full X-rack. I mostly do Rap/Hip-Hop, R&B, Reggae, and electronic music. I have an HD Native System and 1 old 192 i/o with 8 ins and 8 outs. I need at least 16 to get me started preferably more.... So do i stretch the budget and get a used Avid HD i/o with 16 ins and outs for around 2k? Or do I just get a cheap card for my interface or even another old 192 since they are so cheap? My room is properly built out and done right and the gear is there. What do you guys think?
Old 6th August 2015
Lives for gear

No opinions?
Old 6th August 2015
The HD I/O is well worth the price tag. Do some searching on the forum and you will see that it is incredibly well regarded.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search