The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Please Help! Mac not recognising Duet. Audio Interfaces
Old 3rd August 2015
Here for the gear

Please Help! Mac not recognising Duet.

Hello, i have run into a problem and i cant fix, my friends cant fix it and Apogee cant seem to fix it. But if anyone can it must be the Gearslutz. I hope.

So i am making a move, after 15 odd years from PT to Logic. I have Logic Pro 9 and today i received a second hand Duet. My Mac is a 2006 Intel dual core with 4gb and its running 10.6.8
I downloaded the correct driver/software installer from Apogee and followed the instructions but when i plug the firewire into the Mac Maestro does not boot up. When i open Maestro myself the two windows that open are virtually blank and the few windows within are unresponsive. I have un-installed and re-installed 4 times now and no difference.
In the System Preferences Sound section the Duet does not show up as an option. The only place it does show up is in the About This Mac, More Info, Firewire section.

Can anybody please help me? The guy i got the Duet from swears it is 100% functioning and i can only take his word right now. When connected to the Mac the green OUT light flashes. If i push the Encoder button it stays permanently lit. If i hold the Encoder button down for about 5 seconds ALL the lights on the Duet come on and do not go out until disconnected.

PLEASE SEND HELP! I have work to be doing and Logic to be learning!

Steve Mason
Old 4th August 2015
Lives for gear

In the System Profiler does anything show up on the FW bus?

Old 5th August 2015
Here for the gear

Thanks for the reply, yes it does. That is the only trace of the Duet anywhere.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search