The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
SSL Duende Native Chanelstrip Crashes Protools DAW Software
Old 3rd August 2015
Lives for gear

SSL Duende Native Chanelstrip Crashes Protools

I saw someone else online having a issue with the SSL Duende channel strip as well, but cant remember where. Anyways..

My whole protools freezes up and cant even quite Protools without restarting my whole system. This leads me to not dear using the SSL. Haven´t had this issue with the Stereo comp.. yet at least.

Anyone here who are using the SSL channel strip and if so, all good ?
Old 3rd August 2015
Gear Guru

please, need system info to help .. i have seen them crash PT before .. but has not happened since 11.3.1 ... i am on MAC so not sure what you have going on .. john
Old 3rd August 2015
Lives for gear

Hi John !

Im on OSX Mavericks, PT HD Native Version 11.2.2, I jumped back to this version a couple of weeks ago. I recall I had a crash with 11.3.1.

But, you are saying 11.3.1 should be stable with the Channel strip ?
Old 3rd August 2015
Gear Guru

at this time i have no issues with SSL duende plugins .. i notice when i think it might crash i slow down a little .. make sure i am saving alot and that when moving a control that if the numbers or control is not moving then i slow down a little ..

.. the difference could be that you are using HD software and i am on vanilla ..

.. also, are you on 10.9.5 mavericks ??
Old 3rd August 2015
Lives for gear

Good to hear is working on you setup !!

Im on Mavericks 10.9.3, but i have no chance what so ever to notice if its about to crash. I just get the spinning ball and that was that. If it weren´t for my auto save i would loose my last session for sure.
Old 4th August 2015
Gear Guru

do you feel comfortable upgrading to 10.9.5 ??? just asking not telling you to do it by any means .. but that could solve your issues .. but would hate to make anything worse on your system .. that would not be good at all ..
Old 5th August 2015
Lives for gear

It might be an option as my Omnisphere (Soft synth) is crashing from time to time as well. Everything else is pretty much rock solid.

I guess i have to live with this until i take the step and upgrade.

Thanx for the replies btw
Old 18th October 2015
Gear Head

DSL Duende channel strip is also crashing my pro tools 12 HD. I am on Mavericks 10.9.5
Old 19th October 2015
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionheart View Post
It might be an option as my Omnisphere (Soft synth) is crashing from time to time as well. Everything else is pretty much rock solid.

I guess i have to live with this until i take the step and upgrade.

Thanx for the replies btw
hey man .. you still having same SLSL duende issues ??? i have been using 12.2.1 now and they sem to be fine .. there has been no update from SSL since i bought these .. hoping they do not abandon these .. i love them john
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search