The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Acustica audio acqua plugins general discussion
Old 29th July 2015
Lives for gear

Acustica audio acqua plugins general discussion

i just tough`t we could have a place where we could discuss every aqua plugins and make it more easy to stay on topic
and share knowledge about aquas and how we use them

comparison between algo world vs aqua in sound should not be considered
off topic in this thread as long as they are based sort off on the same gear modelling

This could also make threads about new aquas that are coming a little cleaner
so the new ones could be a little more about the sound and not to off topic

i did quite a mess my self in the Ultramarine thread

i think it`s a lot more activity here on gearslutz compared to Acustica`s forum
so that's the reason i made it on GS

my English is not the best so sorry for that ( Norwegian guy )
Old 29th July 2015
Gear Nut

So what's the question again ... ? ;-)
Old 29th July 2015
Lives for gear

Any question from anyone are aloud hehe
but i can start with, what do you think about titanium vs Murano vs Ultramarine
what is the most useful and versatile one ?

and whats your favorite aqua EQ ?
Old 29th July 2015
I own the Murano and Titanium. I use the Titanium single on my drum buss all the time. It gives a new sound and punch that I can't get from anything else. The Murano has been in "mothballs" for awhile. I still need to find more information on how to use it effectively. It's so hard on my CPU and I really haven't been able to hear the benefits to justify its usage yet.

If I could find more information on its usage, I would give it a shot. My Nebula chain just sounds as good if not better and is so much easier on my computer.
Old 29th July 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKeefe1032 View Post
I own the Murano and Titanium. I use the Titanium single on my drum buss all the time. It gives a new sound and punch that I can't get from anything else. The Murano has been in "mothballs" for awhile. I still need to find more information on how to use it effectively. It's so hard on my CPU and I really haven't been able to hear the benefits to justify its usage yet.

If I could find more information on its usage, I would give it a shot. My Nebula chain just sounds as good if not better and is so much easier on my computer.
it`s the Titanium im actually is most interested in right now , i dident know if i was gonna buy it because its not core 6 , but im hearing that the Titanium is coming to core7 so im pretty happy about that im gonna trial it tomorrow
Old 29th July 2015
Lives for gear

Im pretty happy about my aqua eq's i must say incredible sounding compared to my algos including UAD , the ones i got right now is Honey , Ivory and Pearl
Old 29th July 2015
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfjer View Post
the ones i got right now is Honey , Ivory and Pearl
If u use them for mastering, I would suggest Magenta which is amazing and Murano. Happy with how that chain sounds TBH! Also you can wait on Ivory compressor as complementary to your EQ, but get Magenta
Old 29th July 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funtom View Post
If u use them for mastering, I would suggest Magenta which is amazing and Murano. Happy with how that chain sounds TBH! Also you can wait on Ivory compressor as complementary to your EQ, but get Magenta
Im pretty exited for the Ivory comp yes so even when i got Pearl i should get the Magenta ,wow bet the Magenta is really awesome then

Thanks , hope they give a trial of Magenta soon
Old 29th July 2015
Lives for gear

I also want acustica la-2a and 1176 comps and a ssl bus comp
Old 29th July 2015
Gear Nut

Quote:
Im pretty exited for the Ivory comp yes so even when i got Pearl i should get the Magenta ,wow bet the Magenta is really awesome then

Thanks , hope they give a trial of Magenta soon
you can buy it and return if you don't like, as far as i know that is the policy for products without demo
Old 29th July 2015
Lives for gear

Titanium has been on every single master since I bought it ,adds incredible tone like no other plugin i own...seriously !!!
you just can't make it sound bad
Old 29th July 2015
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funtom View Post
you can buy it and return if you don't like, as far as i know that is the policy for products without demo
Not exactly. The actual policy says:

"1.3 Refund Policy. Due to the nature of Acusticaudio srl products (non-tangible digital goods), it is not possible to “return” the product therefore we DO NOT offer refund or exchange after purchase is made. If you are having any issue with the file, trouble setup, or have any questions, please submit a support ticket, we will do our best to resolve the problem. We always reccomand to try the trial versions before buy.
Note (only for product without a trial version): we can evaluate a refund during the first 14 days."

So you are right, there is 14 day eligibility for refund of acquas without demo
however the language of the policy does not state that the customer is
entitled to a guaranteed refund if the no trial and 14 day conditions are met
but that AA "can evaluate" a refund. In other threads it has been discussed to
no end that clear language and a clear commitment to refunds is needed. Some customers also reported that
a refund was denied and that a 1-year equal value credit at the AA store
was offered instead.

IMO a no-questions-asked refund policy of aquas without demos should be in place.
Old 29th July 2015
Lives for gear

we supports refunds for product without trials.
We are releasing trials of everything as requested, though.
Old 29th July 2015
Gear Maniac

Quote:
it`s the Titanium im actually is most interested in right now , i dident know if i was gonna buy it because its not core 6 , but im hearing that the Titanium is coming to core7 so im pretty happy about that im gonna trial it tomorrow
Did a developer say so ... skipping core 6 but going core 7 with Titanium? ... is there a link to that statement?

thanks and regards!
Old 29th July 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by gussyg2007 View Post
Titanium has been on every single master since I bought it ,adds incredible tone like no other plugin i own...seriously !!!
you just can't make it sound bad
I with you. There's all of these plugin compressors I purchased over the years and then there's Titanium. Even if you only use it on your drum buss, you'll hear the difference. Wish I had purchased it first and saved myself a ton of dough.

Been using it with Reel to Reel/Tonebooster Studer NAB on my master buss for the past dozen or so songs and have no reason to switch.
Old 30th July 2015
Gear Maniac

I think I understood it, in regards to Titanium, that there will be a core 7 version..
no?
Old 30th July 2015
Gear Maniac

in the forum i understood it as there will be a version 7 for titanium..just not a 6
Old 30th July 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by lopan View Post
in the forum i understood it as there will be a version 7 for titanium..just not a 6
I understood it that way to , but when im reading it again it made me unshure, but i just made a new thread on acustica forum if they are gonna make a titanium 2 for core 7 just to make it as clear as it can be .i really hope its just me that is confused right now , because i dont want plugins to get left Behind . It would not be a wice move from Acustica if that is the case
Old 30th July 2015
Lives for gear

I did make a thread where i asked about the new engine(core7) 6 days ago

• View topic - Aqua new engine in september

They will try to update all aqua effects possible so its not all dark

I forgot about that thread hehe , somtimes i get wery emotional when it comes to Acustica , its because of the great sound of the aqua eq's that no algo can give me
Old 30th July 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaphod View Post
Dident see you where here zaphod

Ok so i got really unshure if the Titanium is going to core7
Can you pleace confirm this ? I hope the answer is yes

Thank you for answer in advance
Old 30th July 2015
Gear Maniac

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaphod View Post
would it be too difficult for your policy to state that customers
are entitled to a full refund if they request one within 14 days of purchase and
the product does not have a trial? Because right now your official
policy which i quoted verbatim above does not guarantee the right to refund.
It only says you
can evaluate a request thus it is up to you to accept or decline. Not the
same as a guaranteed refund.

By the same token all of gearslutz members can request from me a million
dollars and i can evaluate their request lol
Old 30th July 2015
Lives for gear

It would be cool to get a Murano and Magenta trial
Old 30th July 2015
Gear Maniac

i have a few acqua plugins as well as nebula now.

the murano and magenta...well i have both, i find murano difficult to use.

Comments on here and other forums about how the compressor's controls are wonky and then subsequently working hard to find a sweet spot are true.

Magenta i didnt care too much for either. I have the UAD massive passive. It works a little bit more like the hardware i imagine. But the tone of magenta is better. But then again ive never used the hardware so i really have no idea. I did think the filters on magenta were kinda terrible.

I also own blue, amber, and the red is free but it doesnt work in logic at all.

They are all great. Blue is amazing but the latency ruins it for me.

Now i also own Pearl. That eq is stunning. Ive never heard anything like it.

But if you want to try some great compressors in the meantime, get nebula and try the compressor libraries from tim petherick.

I got the Blue mu Comp/Limit and the LA3a he did. they are really nice.

the Blue mu comp on the mix bus works better than the acqua comps as far as im concerned, and just about any algo plugin ive heard.

the new klanghelm mjuc is also really great from what ive heard.

Back to Titanium...I own that as well. Its easier for me to work than murano but i do wish, like others have said, that it had a side chain filter. but that's not in the hardware.

The latency also kinda ruins it for me as well, unless youre just mixing, as i like to compose and mix as i go.

Just my two cents. doesnt mean im right about all that.
Old 30th July 2015
I've been wanting to try out Acustica's stuff for years but there were always some things stopping me:

- I keep hearing that Acustica's stuff is super buggy and inefficient CPU-wise. Is this still true (i'm on a a mac)? Also, no AU's for all your products in 2015 does not look good.
- Their website is not clear and intuitive. Not good for prospective customers to find some things out without spending some time searching through stuff. Most of the info seems out of date or irrelevant for most people just looking for some info on how the plugins work.
- The 3D renderings of the plugins are silly and the lack of actual screenshots make no sense. I can't even find a single screenshot of Nebula to see how the interface works. Why on earth would you spend all this time (and therefore money) on making all these detailed 3D renderings that are completely useless to most people?
- The different versions of Nebula seem pointless and just add to the confusion to prospective customers.

If you go to any other plugin company's site you rarely see this level of obfuscation. While i'm sure the technology is impressive and sophisticated, they are failing really hard in some very basic ways. I keep hearing how awesome they sound, but right now I wouldn't touch them with a ten foot pole as i'm not convinced that they are a responsible and professional company. A lot of that would be mitigated by a website with clear information on it....
Old 30th July 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
i have a few acqua plugins as well as nebula now.

the murano and magenta...well i have both, i find murano difficult to use.

Comments on here and other forums about how the compressor's controls are wonky and then subsequently working hard to find a sweet spot are true.

Magenta i didnt care too much for either. I have the UAD massive passive. It works a little bit more like the hardware i imagine. But the tone of magenta is better. But then again ive never used the hardware so i really have no idea. I did think the filters on magenta were kinda terrible.

I also own blue, amber, and the red is free but it doesnt work in logic at all.

They are all great. Blue is amazing but the latency ruins it for me.

Now i also own Pearl. That eq is stunning. Ive never heard anything like it.

But if you want to try some great compressors in the meantime, get nebula and try the compressor libraries from tim petherick.

I got the Blue mu Comp/Limit and the LA3a he did. they are really nice.

the Blue mu comp on the mix bus works better than the acqua comps as far as im concerned, and just about any algo plugin ive heard.

the new klanghelm mjuc is also really great from what ive heard.

Back to Titanium...I own that as well. Its easier for me to work than murano but i do wish, like others have said, that it had a side chain filter. but that's not in the hardware.

The latency also kinda ruins it for me as well, unless youre just mixing, as i like to compose and mix as i go.

Just my two cents. doesnt mean im right about all that.
I really hope titanium is going to be core 7 and you are not the first to say the blue is great so i hope for core 7 on that one as well and the Pearl completely agree absolutely stunning i cant live without it now that im used to it

It all started with the Honey for me, i was trialing the new uad neve 88rs collection and was pretty impressed until i sort of just stumbeled over Acustica aqua and gave Honey a shot , it was a mush better eq than the eq of the 88rs mk2 to my ears ,
so after i got that i vent for a complementary eq and i choose Ivory , really nice eq to , Ivory and Pearl are a killer combo on the master
it was because of the Amber trial i wanted a clean eq because i liked the sound a lot, but i think the Ivory was the wisest choise for me because it has lots of insert point so its more versitale and it turned out be a little smoother to

You mention sidecain filter , i got a trick that is sort of a fake sidechain filter its of course not exactly the same but it can work , you could add a lo shelf filter before you hit the compressor so the compressor dont work so hard on the low , and bost up the lo again with the same lo shelf settings after
I resently did a shootout between the uad Fairchild mk2 and the Ultramarine
My first tought was that the ultramarine had more clarity , so i just said to my self whye

I took a low shef before uaFC mk2 and took out 2-3 db at 60 hz , damn now they sounded pretty close in clarity, so it seems to me that the Ultramarine has some rollof in the lows, i have to check this on more tracks though to make sure it wasent just a fluke or something haha
Old 30th July 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by illsoulprod View Post
Why do my demos say they need authorization?
You need to authorize the demos just like the fullversions , it kind of sucks a little in the beginning, but its actually very easy when you get used to it
Old 30th July 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by EsotericMetal View Post
- I keep hearing that Acustica's stuff is super buggy and inefficient CPU-wise. Is this still true (i'm on a a mac)? Also, no AU's for all your products in 2015 does not look good.
Not CPU inefficient, just CPU hogs. The new Acqua is becoming much more CPU efficient, take the demo's for a test drive.... the sound is nothing short of fantastic. Do remember that VST is the biggest plugin format on the planet, AAX and AU will be coming.

Quote:
- Their website is not clear and intuitive. Not good for prospective customers to find some things out without spending some time searching through stuff. Most of the info seems out of date or irrelevant for most people just looking for some info on how the plugins work.
Website is better than most now & the information and forum are up to date. The new Acqua plugins work like every other plugin made. The original Nebula takes more time to master, but it is very powerful with the best sound quality in the box and a huge amount of cheap libraries.

Quote:
- The 3D renderings of the plugins are silly and the lack of actual screenshots make no sense. I can't even find a single screenshot of Nebula to see how the interface works. Why on earth would you spend all this time (and therefore money) on making all these detailed 3D renderings that are completely useless to most people?
The plugins are the 2d version of each picture, the Nebula interface is just the load screen and 8 sliders or knobs, depending on what skin you are using. The new Acqua plugins are super simple, just demo them..... you will have a hard time using algo EQ plugins again if you do.

Quote:
- The different versions of Nebula seem pointless and just add to the confusion to prospective customers.
Nebula has been in development for a decade, during that time is has fostered the different versions and the new Acqua plugins and Nebula 4 are making this advanced technology workable for everyone. Again, the sound quality is superior in all ways except compressors.... but they are catching up fast.
Old 30th July 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
I think I understood it, in regards to Titanium, that there will be a core 7 version..
no?
I quote you again it could be that you are the one that got it right and i am the one who got it wrong and i am for sure gonna find this out as fast as i can, if i dont get any answers by tomorrow im gonna contact acustica support
Old 30th July 2015
Gear Maniac

where did someone read that there would be no audio units for plugins in 2015??

or im reading that wrong? no updates to audio units in 2015?
Old 30th July 2015
Gear Maniac

Quote:
I quote you again it could be that you are the one that got it right and i am the one who got it wrong and i am for sure gonna find this out as fast as i can, if i dont get any answers by tomorrow im gonna contact acustica support
i hope so
Loading mentioned products ...
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+  Submit Thread to Reddit Reddit 

Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get instant access to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search