The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Acustica audio acqua plugins general discussion
Old 3rd December 2020 | Show parent
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by jBranam View Post
imo it started back in the 80s... in general kids were taught at least here in the states to think of themselves first and people stopped disciplining their kids and 'trying to talk sense to a three year old' then you had the advent of the internet where those same kids became less social and add to that the advent of the cell phone and cameras... those children grew up to be self centered and thought the world actually revolved around them.

i try very hard to think and tell myself it is not all their fault... they were trained and brought up to think that way. so for most of them selfishness and being self centered is all there is. not trying to be asinine here but a person of age can certainly tell those that are 40 yrs old or younger... very few of them even take others into account and it shows in the world today. i understand most parents were trying to do what is best for their child in getting it to think of itself and look out for itself but it went to the extreme imo sometimes things don't always work out for the best and i can only hope somehow people will get back to actually caring about others and not this fake sjw world where virtue signaling is all you get. i think we can ALL do better at that... caring that is.

okay enough of my philosophizing lol your comment just struck a nerve and being an old man now maybe someone will listen to experience and reason. but in the same breath i know people 40 yrs and younger will find offence in my words... sadly it IS what they do. of course this is just my opinion from what i have lived through.

cheers and may God bless us all... we certainly could use some.
Funny to see your post right now, I was just ruminating Over the same things. I don’t care if it’s their fault or not, either way it sucks to deal with people like that. When I was young I didn’t trust anyone over 30, now I don’t trust anyone under 40. I’ve definitely seen humans become less human as the years have progressed. Coupled with what you said, there is now much less attention span and patience, Or empathy, which is dehumanizing. You can see this in music. It’s a beautiful day today so I was thinking of the Moody blues days of future past which I loved when I was young. What a day to go kite flying… I thought it was funny that that popped into my head, and I realized kids today won’t have that type of truly beautiful music to go back to, and instead only have this dehumanizing pop stuff with no melody, depth or true humanity in it.

Reading your post it was good to see there’s still some of us left and I’m not as alone as I might’ve thought. Peace. Now to go back to enjoying the great plug-ins I got on Black Friday from acoustica. Stay human and happy holidays to all.
Deleted e680ec2
Quote:
Originally Posted by jBranam View Post
imo it started back in the 80s... in general kids were taught at least here in the states to think of themselves first and people stopped disciplining their kids and 'trying to talk sense to a three year old' then you had the advent of the internet where those same kids became less social and add to that the advent of the cell phone and cameras... those children grew up to be self centered and thought the world actually revolved around them.

i try very hard to think and tell myself it is not all their fault... they were trained and brought up to think that way. so for most of them selfishness and being self centered is all there is. not trying to be asinine here but a person of age can certainly tell those that are 40 yrs old or younger... very few of them even take others into account and it shows in the world today. i understand most parents were trying to do what is best for their child in getting it to think of itself and look out for itself but it went to the extreme imo sometimes things don't always work out for the best and i can only hope somehow people will get back to actually caring about others and not this fake sjw world where virtue signaling is all you get. i think we can ALL do better at that... caring that is.

okay enough of my philosophizing lol your comment just struck a nerve and being an old man now maybe someone will listen to experience and reason. but in the same breath i know people 40 yrs and younger will find offence in my words... sadly it IS what they do. of course this is just my opinion from what i have lived through.

cheers and may God bless us all... we certainly could use some.
Yawn, age has nothing to do with maturity and wisdom, and people born before the 80's are no better than the crazy kids born now. Older people get on my nerves talking about how the kids today are so selfish and disrespectful, when people in America have always been selfish and mean spirited. Your generation are the ones who raised these kids so that speaks volumes about y'all. The past generation were just a bunch of morally depraved sheep who couldn't think for themselves, and helped aid the rich in destroying the world that the next generation has to inherit.

Old people are always talking out of their behind and assuming they are wiser than those younger than them because of their age, yet look at Trump, George W. Bush Jr., Bill Clinton, etc; they're all a bunch of clowns.
Europeans in the 1500s literally invaded America, were welcomed by Native Americans and Europeans gave them blankets ridden with diseases as thanks. Then they continued to commit genocide on them and their food supply and now live on "reservations". Europeans literally enslaved Africans and forced them to come to America as slaves to do forced free labor to build your country into the empire it is today. That is peak selfishness, and that was centuries ago. And there was no punishment for that, nor have European-Americans repaid that debt. So what does that teach the new generations? That teaches them that there are benefits for evil behavior, and thus creating a selfish and corrupt society where many people believe the end justifies the means.

America cannot talk about selfishness and taking others into account, when America in it's entirety is about being self-centered and throwing away those who are not deemed equal to you. Americans are literally putting Mexicans in concentration camps and sterilizing their women, and poisoning the African-American communities. And this is not new. It irks me when I see older people talking about how the new generation of kids are so bad. You're actually claiming the invention of cell phones, social media, and cameras to be on the reasons for kids being self-centered. Social media is just the modern form of the newspaper. Blaming technology for people's shortcomings makes no sense.
Deleted e680ec2
Quote:
Originally Posted by daudio View Post
Funny to see your post right now, I was just ruminating Over the same things. I don’t care if it’s their fault or not, either way it sucks to deal with people like that. When I was young I didn’t trust anyone over 30, now I don’t trust anyone under 40. I’ve definitely seen humans become less human as the years have progressed. Coupled with what you said, there is now much less attention span and patience, Or empathy, which is dehumanizing. You can see this in music. It’s a beautiful day today so I was thinking of the Moody blues days of future past which I loved when I was young. What a day to go kite flying… I thought it was funny that that popped into my head, and I realized kids today won’t have that type of truly beautiful music to go back to, and instead only have this dehumanizing pop stuff with no melody, depth or true humanity in it.

Reading your post it was good to see there’s still some of us left and I’m not as alone as I might’ve thought. Peace. Now to go back to enjoying the great plug-ins I got on Black Friday from acoustica. Stay human and happy holidays to all.
This post doesn't make any sense either. Following that logic, you should trust Trump because he's over 40. The behaviors of people today are actually not even as bad as the behaviors of people decades prior. European-Americans were putting the Japanese in internment camps in 1942, Europeans putting Africans in zoos, and Europeans-Americans were putting African-Americans on slave breeding farms. Hitler was literally committing genocide on the jew-ish in 1933. The sad truth is that people have become more human. Y'all are crying about SJW's and MeToo as if that's something new, when people were accusing each other of being witches during the Salem Witch Trials where they would do crazy tests like throwing the tied up accused person into a body of water seeing if they would sink. And black friday is called black friday because after thanksgiving they would sell black families on the slave market at a discount.
Old 4th December 2020 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
right back at you heck i never thought i would see 30 lol... now i am twice that but yeah it sucks for a lot of folks they just don't know it and i get ragged sometimes for being 'too' honest... it is just how i have seen things change. again i hope it gets better for them... life shouldn't suck so bad. but as the old saying goes and it seems to be true... "you don't know what you have 'til it's gone" cheers
Old 4th December 2020
Gear Maniac

1 Review written
🎧 5 years
Guys i need advice!
Let's say I'm looking for a "tubey/smooth" sounding eq and let's say the choice is either Diamond EQ or Pensado EQ.
What would be your choice? (And please explain why if possible)

Thanks
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeNto View Post
Guys i need advice!
Let's say I'm looking for a "tubey/smooth" sounding eq and let's say the choice is either Diamond EQ or Pensado EQ.
What would be your choice? (And please explain why if possible)

Thanks
Many like Titanium eq
Old 4th December 2020
Gear Addict

1 Review written
🎧 5 years
Is it just me or does the "Unofficial Acustica Master List" not show up in google anymore?
Deleted e680ec2
Smh at people talking about getting ragged on for being "too honest" when they were just talking nonsense from the start. Older people who declare themselves to be wise usually are living in their own delusional world, because they don't like younger people telling them that they are wrong. They don't even realize they're apart of the problem. Oh well, that's on you.
Deleted e680ec2
Quote:
Originally Posted by doom64 View Post
The Unofficial Acustica Master List - JustPaste.it has been updated. AMBER3's new compressor was added. Core versions are also once again accurate.

The old list with proper Cores is at Acustica audio acqua plugins general discussion .

But I compared it against the latest updates Acustica Audio - Professional Audio Software - Acustica Audio . Everything released past September 2018 is Core 13. I believe it was Taupe, El Rey and then Sand 2. The rest is on Acustica's list.

Why update the list now? I came across this list Acustica Audio / Acqua Freebies - Sampled/Convolution-Based Hardware Emulations - Mixing and Mastering - Next Level Sound Forum and realized I haven't been "psychotic" enough lately, LOL.
Nevermind, here's the Acustica Unofficial master list, it's on page 546 of this thread.
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barncore View Post
Is it just me or does the "Unofficial Acustica Master List" not show up in google anymore?
https://justpaste.it/AcusticaAudioAcquaMasterList
Gear Addict

1 Review written
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Heimbecker View Post
Yeah, i sourced the link (duckduckgo). Just thought it was interesting that it doesn't show up in google anymore
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJHollins View Post
Many like Titanium eq
I'd be interested to hear from anyone who has both, how Titanium compares with the software Tube-Tech emulations, as the Softube plugs are spankingly expensive.
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faint Brouhaha View Post
I'd be interested to hear from anyone who has both, how Titanium compares with the software Tube-Tech emulations, as the Softube plugs are spankingly expensive.
Titanium eq is really special imo. In general I think Nebula has the slight edge when it comes to tube, however Titanium's eq is unlike anything Ive found in Nebula color wise. Its a real flattering eq that in most cases I prefer over Purple.

It certainly adds more analog beef and weight when compared to the plugin which I found quite thin sounding actually. The midrange and highs on Titanium are really nice for vocals as well. Overall it really is a step up from Softube's eq. Im not a huge fan of Titanium's compressor but it is good though. I just find it to be more work than I want to put in, single band or multi.
Gear Addict

And / for analog eq goodness don’t sleep on Erin. What a great sound.

Sure the curves are quite broad but, it’s not just for mastering. And the midrange eq module makes it nice and flexible.
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamianL View Post
And / for analog eq goodness don’t sleep on Erin. What a great sound.

Sure the curves are quite broad but, it’s not just for mastering. And the midrange eq module makes it nice and flexible.
The mid-range EQ is one of the most musical EQs I've heard, and its preamp is very powerful in situations where it's the sound you are going for (isn't always appropriate, but when it is...)
Gear Maniac

1 Review written
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJHollins View Post
Many like Titanium eq
I already own Titanium eq, thought Pensado eq or Diamond could give me something I don't have yet. Agree with everything @ Bleu Fontaine says.
In my opinion, Titanium eq is one of the most underrated aqua eqs!
Deleted e680ec2
I love Titanium's eq and compressors. I'm waiting on the tube tech parametric eq though.

Here for the gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeNto View Post
I already own Titanium eq, thought Pensado eq or Diamond could give me something I don't have yet. Agree with everything @ Bleu Fontaine says.
In my opinion, Titanium eq is one of the most underrated aqua eqs!
their are enough tube eq acqua's to make your head spin - purple, magenta, titanium, ultramarine, cobalt, cream, viridian, erin, emerald, ruby, azure
Gear Addict

I watched the Mike Dean 2 hour live beat making YouTube the other night...

It was great to watch a master at work.

I noticed he uses the Acustica Purple for Bass eq.

It sounded great...I’ve got to get on the Purple Train!
Deleted e680ec2
Hmm I've been messing around with my mixbus today deciding if Ivory 4's eq makes the song sound too thin, and trying to maintain the transients and the tone I want for the song after adding the compressor. The plugins I'm really missing from Acustica are:

- Taupe 2: I always wondered how come Taupe never got the revamping it needed to be used on the master bus. I definitely need it right now for the added saturation, movement, and presence it gives. It would also be great if you could apply the new drive feature for the input that you used for Gainstation. We definitely need multiple tape emulations for the stereo bus with more features.

Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Be sure to try out the free Coffee EQ. I actually think it's better than Purple since it has the 50hz setting. It really sounds great and is my goto on bass now.
Old 5th December 2020 | Show parent
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by guavadude View Post
Be sure to try out the free Coffee EQ. I actually think it's better than Purple since it has the 50hz setting. It really sounds great and is my goto on bass now.
Sssshhhhh (lol, like its a hardware secret sauce)
Old 5th December 2020
Lives for gear
I need to reinstall all plugins and sometimes Aquarius complains there is a problem with a file and offers an option to retry. When I click retry it continues just fine.
What is the point of this message? Could it just auto retry? Otherwise you cannot just leave it overnight to do its thing as it most likely it will stop at a next plugin and wait for the user to click retry.
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
won't say the coffee is better than the purple... they sound different to me but the coffee freebie is nice
Old 5th December 2020
Gear Addict

I’m tempted for Henry-Q eq but I already have Softube’s Chandler Curve Bender.

Does anyone have both, how do they compare?
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
I'm trying out Crimson last minute before the sale ends, trying to compare with Vertigo VSM-3 and finding the behaviour really odd - just using the saturator module I'm finding that the saturation sort of bursts through as if it's going through a gate or something, has anyone else experienced this?
Old 6th December 2020 | Show parent
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by oboemaroni View Post
I'm trying out Crimson last minute before the sale ends, trying to compare with Vertigo VSM-3 and finding the behaviour really odd - just using the saturator module I'm finding that the saturation sort of bursts through as if it's going through a gate or something, has anyone else experienced this?
I also own Crimson and I'm not comfortable with this plugin. I prefer to use the VSM3 which I really like.
I own almost all the Acustica plugins and the ones I use the most are compressors
(Aquamarine 3 for the voices and Cream, Honey or Violet for the busses).
Company Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by oboemaroni View Post
Try uninstalling the trial and installing it again using Aquarius. Try a large buffer size since is one of the most resource-demanding Acquas.
Lives for gear

Do you get a gift code after every purchase?
I did not got one after my last purchase, but got one after every other.

Thanks!
Old 6th December 2020
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
I’m really interested to see how Gainstation fares after a few months. It feels quite different for an AA plugin. More heavy handed maybe?

One thing that bugs me about the DMI plugins is that they don’t always leak the hardware that’s been sampled. That’s the biggest fun after the sound with AA.

I’m still super tempted by Gainstation but think I am going to wait and see views over time.
📝 Reply