The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Acustica audio acqua plugins general discussion
Old 25th November 2020 | Show parent
Here for the gear

I bought a 3XS 17” laptop 2 years ago and it has been great. Really well set up and support was excellent at the build/options stage. I will be using Scan again (I’m a Mac guy really)

edit: in answer to post a few days ago
Gear Maniac

If nobody minds I'll keep sharing some things that worked for me in optimising Cakewalk for performance with Ryzen?

Another tweak that made a session run without crackles at 90% engine load compared to having crackles at 90% engine load with 10 Acustica plugins on the bus at 96khz is setting the mix thread count in the config file to your actual cores in your CPU, not your logical ones.

My Ryzen 3950x has 16 "real" cores/ 32 logical ones.
Go into the config file under settings and set the max thread count to your real cores, in my case 16. Et voila!
I saw similar setting options in Reaper and Cubase, so this might/should work with other DAWs as well and maybe is not a Ryzen issue but a high thread count CPU issue in general. Try it out and let me know what you find?

As an aside: In true black Friday fashion I am selling my plugins listed below for 30 dollars each. If you take more than one each additional one is 15. If you want them all its 60 USD. In brackets is what they emulate. I can only sell them together since I only have one free transfer left.

For an even more detailled look please check the Acustica emulations list: https://justpaste.it/AcusticaAudioAcquaMasterList

- Scarlett (Sontec)
- Aquamarine (Shadow Hills)
- Honey (Harrison)
- Lemon (Delay collection)
- Orange (Orban 627)

If you want any of the above send me a PM
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by AcusticaCM View Post
NEW! The License Transfer functionality inside Aquarius Web lets you transfer one or more products to a target account in just a few clicks.

It is easy, fast, and automatic. Check out the video to learn more.

Just want to say Thank You for meeting and exceeding our expectations to this new license transfer program.

Although I only buy what I need, so I have no urge to sell, but I bet other's are having a ball and some yet to find out. When is the official news being released via newsletter email.

Last edited by Mr.vybz; 25th November 2020 at 05:01 PM.. Reason: Spelling
Company Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.vybz View Post
Just want to say Thank You for meeting and exceeding our expectations to this new license transfer program.

Although I only buy what I need, so I have no urge to sell, but I other's are having a ball and some yet to find out. When is the official being released via newsletter email.
It should be included in a newsletter soon, on our website it's already updated: https://acusticaudio.freshdesk.com/s...and-conditions
Old 25th November 2020
Gear Addict

@ AcusticaCM , do you have any insight on if/when Acustica is going to natively support the new Apple CPU's. The M1 is already proving to be powerful and it's only the start of what's coming.
Company Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mplay View Post
@ AcusticaCM , do you have any insight on if/when Acustica is going to natively support the new Apple CPU's. The M1 is already proving to be powerful and it's only the start of what's coming.
Tests are being done, we will keep you updated, but regarding OS we still recommend deferring the update to Big Sur if possible.
Gear Addict

Quote:
Tests are being done, we will keep you updated, but regarding OS we still recommend deferring the update to Big Sur if possible.
Thanks for your reply! Can't update to Big Sur as I'm on Windows I'm just looking at whether to build a new PC but would seriously consider switching to the other side if it turns out I can run a decent amount of Acqua/N4 on a MacBook.
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Thanks for your reply! Can't update to Big Sur as I'm on Windows I'm just looking at whether to build a new PC but would seriously consider switching to the other side if it turns out I can run a decent amount of Acqua/N4 on a MacBook.
If you're on Facebook, check the official AA group. @ zaphod has been chronicling this. The results so far seem VERY promising.
Gear Maniac

Quote:
If you're on Facebook, check the official AA group. @ zaphod has been chronicling this. The results so far seem VERY promising.
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket88 View Post
Thanks and wow, I see he mentiones 76 instances of Gainstation Boost on his MacMini. Looks more and more likely I'm switching to Apple.
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Thanks and wow, I see he mentiones 76 instances of Gainstation Boost on his MacMini. Looks more and more likely I'm switching to Apple.
"The computer is cold and it's impossible to crash it."

-G

And this is the lower end first build.

Once more software is native and the M2 is out, it won't even be a competition anymore.
Lives for gear

Quote:
just get a Ryzen 5950x and 64 gigs of ram , some nice EVO NVMe drives , windows 10 and reaper or Cubase 11 and you're good to go.

If you have an old machine lying around then install Audio gridder and your AA plugins and you will have a perfect slave running as well.

I was working with the latest build yesterday and it was rock solid running a sh*t load of AA plugs from the server only.

M
Old 25th November 2020
Lives for gear

wait till amd goes 5nm and will have transistor counts similar to arm's
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannymac View Post
If nobody minds I'll keep sharing some things that worked for me in optimising Cakewalk for performance with Ryzen?

Another tweak that made a session run without crackles at 90% engine load compared to having crackles at 90% engine load with 10 Acustica plugins on the bus at 96khz is setting the mix thread count in the config file to your actual cores in your CPU, not your logical ones.

My Ryzen 3950x has 16 "real" cores/ 32 logical ones.
Go into the config file under settings and set the max thread count to your real cores, in my case 16. Et voila!

I saw similar setting options in Reaper and Cubase, so this might/should work with other DAWs as well and maybe is not a Ryzen issue but a high thread count CPU issue in general. Try it out and let me know what you find?

As an aside I am selling my plugins listed below for 30 dollars each, if you take more than one every second/third/whatever one is 15. If you want them all send me 60 USD and I will send you those 5 plugins.
  • Scarlett (Sontec)
  • Aquamarine (Shadow Hills)
  • Lemon (Delay)
  • Honey ( Harrison)
  • Orange (Orban 627,selling that one for 10 USD)

If you want any of the above send me a PM
I found turning off hyperthreading for my cpu's helps get me a few more instances of AQUA's, I'm not running Ryzens though, 2 old quad core Xeons at 2.8GHz.
Changing the Mixthreadcount in Cakewalk prefs from 0 to your core count is the same thing from what i understand, 0= your core count.
Old 25th November 2020
Gear Addict

Hi ladies and gents, I’m not sure where to post these items but I’d like to sell a bundle.

Acustica Audio Jade
Acustica Audio Coral
Acustica Audio Emerald
Acustica Audio Lemon
Acustica Audio Veridian

I’d like $200 for the lot

Edit: sold.

Last edited by BigSmo; 26th November 2020 at 06:37 AM..
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by norbury brook View Post
just get a Ryzen 5950x and 64 gigs of ram , some nice EVO NVMe drives , windows 10 and reaper or Cubase 11 and you're good to go.

If you have an old machine lying around then install Audio gridder and your AA plugins and you will have a perfect slave running as well.

I was working with the latest build yesterday and it was rock solid running a sh*t load of AA plugs from the server only.

M
I just can’t get AudioGridder to behave at all on Win10, so weird. Put crossover cable between both PCs too. Just hangs when adding plugins, I gave up. Sounds like I might revisit if it’s working solid for you

EDIT: Tried new build and constant crashes on remote server. Plugin GUI only opens on main window after RDPing to remote. Waste of another 20 minutes trying this lol
Old 25th November 2020
Gear Addict

Wondering if the way ARM is designed with its RISC instruction set might be inherently more suitable for real time audio processing. Maybe @ zaphod can shine his light on this as I'm definitely not an expert in this department. Seeing that the M1 MacBook Air performance is almost the same as a fully loaded Macbook 16, I wouldn't be surprised though
Gear Maniac

was bloody impressed watching a vid of a bloke running the new mac mini m1 with logic and 1000 stock plugins lol and this a base model of of new line... they will only get better from past history. quite interesting...

p.s i know logic is apple's baby and it's stock plugs in logic... but who would ever need a thousand plugins? lol THAT'S AMAZING!
Old 26th November 2020 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

Further news from the Ryzen test front

As a reminder: Ryzen ram speed can be the bottle neck when using Acustica plugins with Ryzen, especially at higher sample rates.

What is also interesting is the role RAM latency plays!

I just swapped my 2x16 Corsair Vengeance LPX 3600 Mhz CL 18 (thats the latency value) for 2x8 Corsair Vengeance LPX 3600Mhz CL14.

And at 96khz I am now able to go to lower buffer settings!!!
Im not a programmer or hardware so I cant proof this but it really does seem the communication between RAM and CPU is more sensitive for Ryzen than for Intel for real time audio which is why us AMD folks depend on the best RAM we can afford.

So for us Ryzen owners: Get 3600Mhz ram at the lowest CL latency you can afford to really unlock the power you paid for in your CPU

Also, thanks to everyone that bought an Acqua plugin from me today.

I only got one left which is Honey, the Harrison emulation. If anybody wants it it is yours for 30 USD, just send me a PM.
Deleted e680ec2
Quote:
I'll never switch to Apple after all the nonsense I've been through. Your personal data, your photos, your music, etc. can all be stolen so much easier. using Apple's devices. It makes me look at Apple's computers and phones in a WHOLE different light now. Especially !Tun3s, I realized now that the voice memo upload section in your !Tunes personal library allows for people in the music industry to access them and steal your songs/ideas. Like it had gotten so out of hand that people in the industry were going through my personal library listening to my voice memos (I caught them when I wasn't using my phone and voice memos started playing randomly). Got a new iphone due to having to upgrade and it continued, then I put the pieces together and deleted all voice memos. But you know, what's uploaded to the cloud stays in the cloud. Luckily those were just throwaways for the most part, except for a few. I can't say too much right now, but there's a reason why the music industry is falling apart right now (GOD's judgement). As someone making music, I would not do it on an apple device, makes stealing your work that much easier. A lot of what you're seeing in the industry now th3W33knd/[email protected]@/B!lli3 eyelash/[email protected], etc are all just shallow attempts at stealing someone else's work. They don't even come close lol but you will all find out when the time comes. I'm just throwing this out there to warn y'all just how fake the industry is and these artists are, and they are desperately looking for new ideas to steal. Your data isn't safe on apple devices. But running 76 instances of an AA plugin? Ugh that's enticing tbh.

The music industry is desperately trying to make the next big thing because they need to validate the music industry's existence by showing that it can produce "stars". But the thing is, breakout stars happen organically, via GOD'S will, it can't be bought or forced. From my experiences, these apple devices y'all are just a trojan horse.

https://www.wired.com/insights/2012/03/icloud-safe/

https://www.forbes.com/sites/thomasb...h=3af6244f79b8
Old 26th November 2020
Lives for gear

btw I bought some licenses and they were transferred without a hitch, nice work guys
So, If I'm understanding correctly (please correct me if I'm wrong).

Each user has 5 transfer limitation and each plugin (separately) also has 5 transfer limitation ?

So, if I have 8 plugins. I can transfer only 5 plugins ? And afterwards ? It is 25 EUR per transfer ?

Quote:
NEW! The License Transfer functionality inside Aquarius Web lets you transfer one or more products to a target account in just a few clicks.

It is easy, fast, and automatic. Check out the video to learn more.

Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7blanche View Post
So, If I'm understanding correctly (please correct me if I'm wrong).

Each user has 5 transfer limitation and each plugin (separately) also has 5 transfer limitation ?

So, if I have 8 plugins. I can transfer only 5 plugins ? And afterwards ? It is 25 EUR per transfer ?
AcusticaCM,
That can’t be right, surely?
So we can only transfer to 5 different buyers from our account and then no more?
Old 26th November 2020
Gear Nut
I'm selling my Navy2 license for 49 euro, PM if interested
Lives for gear

has the selling/transfer thing gone live?
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobMaloogalooga View Post
I just can’t get AudioGridder to behave at all on Win10, so weird. Just hangs when adding plugins, I gave up. Sounds like I might revisit if it’s working solid for you

EDIT: Tried new build and constant crashes on remote server. Plugin GUI only opens on main window after RDPing to remote. Waste of another 20 minutes trying this lol
you must have a set up issue with your networking I'd say. Have you got a good network connection between your 2 machines? are you running at full 1000/sec? fixed IP? using a router or a switch?

I was using it for a whole day without a single crash when testing the new build.

AMD windows 10 master/ Cubase 11 /AXR4 running @64 samples on one machine and an i7 windows 10 slave, through a GB switch. Audio gridder set a 4x buffer. I used the constrain delay compensation button when recording VI's . I had a piano and Hammond coming form the slave machine as well using audio gridder. An instance each on full settings of Aether and B2 reverb which are killers and about 15 full AA strips.

M
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRSEED View Post
has the selling/transfer thing gone live?
Yes. Via the Aquarius web app.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by La Mato View Post
Yes. Via the Aquarius web app.
The desktop ap, or online Acustica browser account?
Old 26th November 2020
Here for the gear

I have Aquamarine but I don’t use it. I’d like to trade for another Acustica plugin if anyone is interested. Preferably Gold, pink, coffee, or viridian.
Gear Addict

well, since there is no dedicated thread: Selling Navy, Coral and Sand for 35 euros each.
PM me if interested
📝 Reply