The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Acustica audio acqua plugins general discussion
Old 1 week ago | Show parent
  #25621
Gear Maniac
 

Working on my new Electronica mix this weekend.

Got the mix level balanced and panned - then started putting Pink4 on my channels and buses.

The difference before and after is just night and day...what a great set of plugins.

Even when I think a channel is locked down and finished / trying a Pink channel on it, pushing the input gain and a hint of compression, some very small eq changes (setting A) and a channel I thought was done, clearly sounds better.

I think I have been sleeping on the Pink preamps before now - even where no eq or comp is needed just adding the Pink Preamps makes a sweet difference.

If you’re making anything electronica ITB - then I Can’t recommend Pink highly enough.
Old 1 week ago | Show parent
  #25622
Company Rep
 
AcusticaCM's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by DamianL View Post
Working on my new Electronica mix this weekend.

Got the mix level balanced and panned - then started putting Pink4 on my channels and buses.

The difference before and after is just night and day...what a great set of plugins.

Even when I think a channel is locked down and finished / trying a Pink channel on it, pushing the input gain and a hint of compression, some very small eq changes (setting A) and a channel I thought was done, clearly sounds better.

I think I have been sleeping on the Pink preamps before now - even where no eq or comp is needed just adding the Pink Preamps makes a sweet difference.

If you’re making anything electronica ITB - then I Can’t recommend Pink highly enough.
This is a very good tip/workflow!
Old 1 week ago | Show parent
  #25623
Gear Maniac
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcusticaCM View Post
This is a very good tip/workflow!
Oh and - shhhh, don’t tell anyone...it’s a secret sauce...

But adding a Coffee preamp to your stereo bus just before your compressors never fails...
Old 1 week ago | Show parent
  #25624
Company Rep
 
AcusticaCM's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by DamianL View Post
Oh and - shhhh, don’t tell anyone...it’s a secret sauce...

But adding a Coffee preamp to your stereo bus just before your compressors never fails...
Mine is adding Taupe on econo mode on the stereo bus, but I will try that as well. Thanks for sharing, oh... ok shhh!
Old 1 week ago
  #25625
Gear Nut
 

Hey guys, spoiler alert... GAINSTATION is the next AA plugin and its a distortion box from Mike Dean & Studio DMI. Looking forward to this! https://twitter.com/therealmikedean/...65093935230976
Old 1 week ago | Show parent
  #25626
Gear Maniac
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6ixcore View Post
Hey guys, spoiler alert... GAINSTATION is the next AA plugin and its a distortion box from Mike Dean & Studio DMI. Looking forward to this! https://twitter.com/therealmikedean/...65093935230976
Old 1 week ago | Show parent
  #25627
Gear Nut
 
jBranam's Avatar
DMI? so it will be overpriced? lol
Old 1 week ago | Show parent
  #25628
Gear Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by DamianL View Post
[...]
If you’re making anything electronica ITB - then I Can’t recommend Pink highly enough.
...or electric or acoustic productions (rock, hard rock, bluesy stuff, etc). Pink is killer. It's my favourite first party AA product by a huge margin.
Old 1 week ago | Show parent
  #25629
Gear Head
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamianL View Post
Working on my new Electronica mix this weekend.

Got the mix level balanced and panned - then started putting Pink4 on my channels and buses.

The difference before and after is just night and day...what a great set of plugins.

Even when I think a channel is locked down and finished / trying a Pink channel on it, pushing the input gain and a hint of compression, some very small eq changes (setting A) and a channel I thought was done, clearly sounds better.

I think I have been sleeping on the Pink preamps before now - even where no eq or comp is needed just adding the Pink Preamps makes a sweet difference.

If you’re making anything electronica ITB - then I Can’t recommend Pink highly enough.
Thank you we need more of this. I like Pink, If only I wouldn't have so much trouble with Pink's CPU usage when it comes to the 47236.
Old 1 week ago | Show parent
  #25630
Lives for gear
 
wjmwpg's Avatar
AA ACQUA FEATURE REQUEST MUSINGS . . .

I've really come to appreciate the little red overload lights on the Skins of many N4 libraries that let us know the instant the internal N4 engine has been overloaded. I think that this would be a great addition to all the Acquas. It's really nice to be able to push these N4 libraries and see the instant when they overload so you can back off your input level (or rethink changes made within the N4 library instance) safely.

Usually it's easy to tell (using your ears) when you've pushed an Acqua too far and come up against the inherent limits of the AA tech. But other times a brief transient peak might overload the Acqua and not be immediately noticeable in a busy mix. I had this happen recently on my drum bus with a particularly spicy double-tom hit (with kick) at the end of a chorus. 99% of the track was fine, but there were those three short instances at the end of each chorus where the double tom + kick overloaded the N4 engine. And thanks to the little red overload light I could see the moment it happened . . . maybe my listening skills aren't good enough, but I have to admit that I saw the issue (thanks to the little red overload light) before I heard it. Within the mix it wasn't jumping out at me, but with the Drum Bus soloed I could now clearly hear the crackle/click distortion of the N4 engine being overloaded on those toms.

I could have just lowered the entire drum bus signal hitting the N4 library, but instead I decided to shave some the peaks off those tom hits on my Toms Sum track coming into the drum bus. Thanks to the little red overload light I was able to see and confirm instantly when I'd reduced those transients on my Toms Sum track enough not to overload the N4 instances on my Drum Bus. By reducing the peaks of those particular tom hits by 0.5dB each the little red overload light no longer came on - there was no guesswork.

Considering all the issues that have surrounded users improperly hitting Acquas with inappropriately high track levels, I would think that the little red overload light would be a no-brainer . . . red light on = you need to back off!

It's also useful when the overload is being created by gains applied within the Acqua plugin despite the initial track input level being appropriate. It's easy to go into an Acqua with appropriate headroom but then still overload the Acqua internally due to eq boosts, makeup gain boosts, etc. With the little red overload light we'd know right away that we had strayed from God, or reason, or both, and needed to rethink our (Acqua-internal) gainstaging strategy.

So please, treat us like idiots, and give us a simple little red overload light that lets us know we've done wrong.

Last edited by wjmwpg; 6 days ago at 07:58 PM.. Reason: typo
Old 1 week ago | Show parent
  #25631
Lives for gear
 

Smile

hello,

Hope to see major discounts on the DMI products for Black Friday !!

Cant wait to buy those plugins at a good price !!

Cheers

Sergio
Old 1 week ago | Show parent
  #25632
Company Rep
 
AcusticaCM's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by sergioelectro View Post
hello,

Hope to see major discounts on the DMI products for Black Friday !!

Cant wait to buy those plugins at a good price !!

Cheers

Sergio
You won't be disappointed
Old 6 days ago | Show parent
  #25633
Lives for gear
 
Arionas's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by AcusticaCM View Post
You won't be disappointed
And what about the clients who already have all the AA stuff?
Will we be disappointed or there is something new coming on Black Friday as well?
Old 6 days ago | Show parent
  #25634
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6ixcore View Post
Hey guys, spoiler alert... GAINSTATION is the next AA plugin and its a distortion box from Mike Dean & Studio DMI. Looking forward to this! https://twitter.com/therealmikedean/...65093935230976
I hope it won't get any crazy UI. With almost every release these plugins are less usable.
Old 6 days ago | Show parent
  #25635
Company Rep
 
AcusticaCM's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arionas View Post
And what about the clients who already have all the AA stuff?
Will we be disappointed or there is something new coming on Black Friday as well?
You won't be disappointed either
Maybe tomorrow I can give you all an advance. Stay tuned.
Old 6 days ago | Show parent
  #25636
Here for the gear
 

Do u recommend audio grinder for achieving 0.8 ms latency with waves sound card??
Old 6 days ago | Show parent
  #25637
Lives for gear
 
doom64's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by elcct View Post
I hope it won't get any crazy UI. With almost every release these plugins are less usable.
As an amateur pilot, I disagree. The GUIs need MORE buttons and knobs and switches! And I need a meter to tell me whether or not my meter is working!
Old 6 days ago
  #25638
Company Rep
 
AcusticaCM's Avatar
GAINSTATION coming soon!

Achieve punch-packing, wall-shaking, face-slapping sound faster than ever with Gainstation & Gainstation Boost.

Coming soon from Mike Dean, Acustica Audio & Studio DMI

Make sure to get notified when it drops! https://www.acustica-audio.com/pages/newsletter



Old 6 days ago | Show parent
  #25639
Gear Addict
 
BobMaloogalooga's Avatar
[QUOTE=AcusticaCM;15115003]Achieve punch-packing, wall-shaking, face-slapping sound faster than ever with Gainstation & Gainstation Boost.

Coming soon from Mike Dean, Acustica Audio & Studio DMI

Make sure to get notified when it drops! https://www.acustica-audio.com/pages/newsletter



[/QUOTE}

Oh niiice
Old 6 days ago | Show parent
  #25640
Gear Addict
 
MRSEED's Avatar
 

Is Mike sure its not the weed making everything sound better?

Its been known to happen
Old 6 days ago | Show parent
  #25641
Lives for gear
 
wjmwpg's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRSEED View Post
Is Mike sure its not the weed making everything sound better?

Its been known to happen
I thought that was the product being pushed? No? Damn.
Old 6 days ago | Show parent
  #25642
Gear Addict
 
MRSEED's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjmwpg View Post
I thought that was the product being pushed? No? Damn.
Free 10 bag with every plug?

Joking aside - am will totally demo this when its out!
Old 6 days ago | Show parent
  #25643
Gear Addict
 
MRSEED's Avatar
 

Anyone else click pause on that vid to scope out his 3 Better Maker Limiters and other gear?

Just me?
Old 6 days ago | Show parent
  #25644
Gear Maniac
 

Aw yeah...AA and Mike Dean bringing the Saturation?

That’s right up my alley...
Old 6 days ago | Show parent
  #25645
Lives for gear
 
TonStrom's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRSEED View Post
Anyone else click pause on that vid to scope out his 3 Better Maker Limiters and other gear?

Just me?
I only paused to check how much weed might be in that plastic bag on the shelf
and i quit smoking weed about 10 years ago

PAWLOV TRIGGER ALARM
Old 5 days ago
  #25646
Lives for gear
 
dirtROBOT's Avatar
Ah the classic 'I'm way too high to understand what you just said but i'm going to look serious to avoid arousing suspicion'
Attached Thumbnails
Acustica audio acqua plugins general discussion-toohigh.png  
Old 5 days ago | Show parent
  #25647
Gear Addict
 
BobMaloogalooga's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtROBOT View Post
Ah the classic 'I'm way too high to understand what you just said but i'm going to look serious to avoid arousing suspicion'
Haha definitely
Old 5 days ago | Show parent
  #25648
Gear Maniac
 

Am I the only one struggling to run a session with the new DMI plugs in protools? On a 2013 macpro.
I do have an older OS, is there a recommended version?

Any tip appreciated !
Old 5 days ago | Show parent
  #25649
Company Rep
 
AcusticaCM's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by j.frad View Post
Am I the only one struggling to run a session with the new DMI plugs in protools? On a 2013 macpro.
I do have an older OS, is there a recommended version?

Any tip appreciated !

From there latest release Diamond Transient:

The recommended System requirements are:
macOS 10.14 Intel I9 Coffee Lake 3.5 GHz, 64GB of RAM, SSD.

Pro-Tools is also very inefficient in managing multiple processing threads.
You should try Reaper and see if your system handles the load a little better.
Best regards.
Old 5 days ago | Show parent
  #25650
Gear Maniac
 

Thanks, protools is mandatory in my situation.
I might try an OS update.
📝 Reply

Similar Threads

Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post
replies: 295 views: 60975
Avatar for anguswoodhead
anguswoodhead 26th March 2013
replies: 1296 views: 158166
Avatar for heraldo_jones
heraldo_jones 1st February 2016
replies: 360 views: 44074
Avatar for Symphony Sid
Symphony Sid 7th August 2019
replies: 228 views: 42371
Avatar for rhysmix
rhysmix 9 hours ago
Topic:
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
🎙️ View mentioned gear
Forum Jump
Forum Jump