The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Acustica audio acqua plugins general discussion
Old 1 week ago | Show parent
Gear Maniac

Working on my new Electronica mix this weekend.

Got the mix level balanced and panned - then started putting Pink4 on my channels and buses.

The difference before and after is just night and day...what a great set of plugins.

Even when I think a channel is locked down and finished / trying a Pink channel on it, pushing the input gain and a hint of compression, some very small eq changes (setting A) and a channel I thought was done, clearly sounds better.

I think I have been sleeping on the Pink preamps before now - even where no eq or comp is needed just adding the Pink Preamps makes a sweet difference.

If you’re making anything electronica ITB - then I Can’t recommend Pink highly enough.
Company Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamianL View Post

Got the mix level balanced and panned - then started putting Pink4 on my channels and buses.

The difference before and after is just night and day...what a great set of plugins.

Even when I think a channel is locked down and finished / trying a Pink channel on it, pushing the input gain and a hint of compression, some very small eq changes (setting A) and a channel I thought was done, clearly sounds better.

I think I have been sleeping on the Pink preamps before now - even where no eq or comp is needed just adding the Pink Preamps makes a sweet difference.

If you’re making anything electronica ITB - then I Can’t recommend Pink highly enough.
This is a very good tip/workflow!
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcusticaCM View Post
This is a very good tip/workflow!
Oh and - shhhh, don’t tell anyone...it’s a secret sauce...

But adding a Coffee preamp to your stereo bus just before your compressors never fails...
Company Rep

Quote:
Oh and - shhhh, don’t tell anyone...it’s a secret sauce...

But adding a Coffee preamp to your stereo bus just before your compressors never fails...
Mine is adding Taupe on econo mode on the stereo bus, but I will try that as well. Thanks for sharing, oh... ok shhh!
Old 1 week ago
Gear Nut

Hey guys, spoiler alert... GAINSTATION is the next AA plugin and its a distortion box from Mike Dean & Studio DMI. Looking forward to this! https://twitter.com/therealmikedean/...65093935230976
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6ixcore View Post
Hey guys, spoiler alert... GAINSTATION is the next AA plugin and its a distortion box from Mike Dean & Studio DMI. Looking forward to this! https://twitter.com/therealmikedean/...65093935230976
Gear Nut

DMI? so it will be overpriced? lol
Gear Addict
Quote:
[...]
...or electric or acoustic productions (rock, hard rock, bluesy stuff, etc). Pink is killer. It's my favourite first party AA product by a huge margin.
Gear Head

Quote:

Thank you we need more of this. I like Pink, If only I wouldn't have so much trouble with Pink's CPU usage when it comes to the 47236.
Lives for gear

AA ACQUA FEATURE REQUEST MUSINGS . . .

I've really come to appreciate the little red overload lights on the Skins of many N4 libraries that let us know the instant the internal N4 engine has been overloaded. I think that this would be a great addition to all the Acquas. It's really nice to be able to push these N4 libraries and see the instant when they overload so you can back off your input level (or rethink changes made within the N4 library instance) safely.

Usually it's easy to tell (using your ears) when you've pushed an Acqua too far and come up against the inherent limits of the AA tech. But other times a brief transient peak might overload the Acqua and not be immediately noticeable in a busy mix. I had this happen recently on my drum bus with a particularly spicy double-tom hit (with kick) at the end of a chorus. 99% of the track was fine, but there were those three short instances at the end of each chorus where the double tom + kick overloaded the N4 engine. And thanks to the little red overload light I could see the moment it happened . . . maybe my listening skills aren't good enough, but I have to admit that I saw the issue (thanks to the little red overload light) before I heard it. Within the mix it wasn't jumping out at me, but with the Drum Bus soloed I could now clearly hear the crackle/click distortion of the N4 engine being overloaded on those toms.

I could have just lowered the entire drum bus signal hitting the N4 library, but instead I decided to shave some the peaks off those tom hits on my Toms Sum track coming into the drum bus. Thanks to the little red overload light I was able to see and confirm instantly when I'd reduced those transients on my Toms Sum track enough not to overload the N4 instances on my Drum Bus. By reducing the peaks of those particular tom hits by 0.5dB each the little red overload light no longer came on - there was no guesswork.

Considering all the issues that have surrounded users improperly hitting Acquas with inappropriately high track levels, I would think that the little red overload light would be a no-brainer . . . red light on = you need to back off!

It's also useful when the overload is being created by gains applied within the Acqua plugin despite the initial track input level being appropriate. It's easy to go into an Acqua with appropriate headroom but then still overload the Acqua internally due to eq boosts, makeup gain boosts, etc. With the little red overload light we'd know right away that we had strayed from God, or reason, or both, and needed to rethink our (Acqua-internal) gainstaging strategy.

So please, treat us like idiots, and give us a simple little red overload light that lets us know we've done wrong.

Last edited by wjmwpg; 6 days ago at 07:58 PM.. Reason: typo
Lives for gear

Smile

hello,

Hope to see major discounts on the DMI products for Black Friday !!

Cant wait to buy those plugins at a good price !!

Cheers

Sergio
Company Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sergioelectro View Post
hello,

Hope to see major discounts on the DMI products for Black Friday !!

Cant wait to buy those plugins at a good price !!

Cheers

Sergio
You won't be disappointed
Old 6 days ago | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcusticaCM View Post
You won't be disappointed
And what about the clients who already have all the AA stuff?
Will we be disappointed or there is something new coming on Black Friday as well?
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6ixcore View Post
I hope it won't get any crazy UI. With almost every release these plugins are less usable.
Company Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arionas View Post
And what about the clients who already have all the AA stuff?
Will we be disappointed or there is something new coming on Black Friday as well?
You won't be disappointed either
Maybe tomorrow I can give you all an advance. Stay tuned.
Here for the gear

Do u recommend audio grinder for achieving 0.8 ms latency with waves sound card??
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by elcct View Post
I hope it won't get any crazy UI. With almost every release these plugins are less usable.
As an amateur pilot, I disagree. The GUIs need MORE buttons and knobs and switches! And I need a meter to tell me whether or not my meter is working!
Old 6 days ago
Company Rep

GAINSTATION coming soon!

Achieve punch-packing, wall-shaking, face-slapping sound faster than ever with Gainstation & Gainstation Boost.

Coming soon from Mike Dean, Acustica Audio & Studio DMI

Make sure to get notified when it drops! https://www.acustica-audio.com/pages/newsletter

Gear Addict

[QUOTE=AcusticaCM;15115003]Achieve punch-packing, wall-shaking, face-slapping sound faster than ever with Gainstation & Gainstation Boost.

Coming soon from Mike Dean, Acustica Audio & Studio DMI

Make sure to get notified when it drops! https://www.acustica-audio.com/pages/newsletter

[/QUOTE}

Oh niiice
Gear Addict

Is Mike sure its not the weed making everything sound better?

Its been known to happen
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRSEED View Post
Is Mike sure its not the weed making everything sound better?

Its been known to happen
I thought that was the product being pushed? No? Damn.
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjmwpg View Post
I thought that was the product being pushed? No? Damn.
Free 10 bag with every plug?

Joking aside - am will totally demo this when its out!
Gear Addict

Anyone else click pause on that vid to scope out his 3 Better Maker Limiters and other gear?

Just me?
Gear Maniac

Aw yeah...AA and Mike Dean bringing the Saturation?

That’s right up my alley...
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRSEED View Post
Anyone else click pause on that vid to scope out his 3 Better Maker Limiters and other gear?

Just me?
I only paused to check how much weed might be in that plastic bag on the shelf
and i quit smoking weed about 10 years ago

PAWLOV TRIGGER ALARM
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

Ah the classic 'I'm way too high to understand what you just said but i'm going to look serious to avoid arousing suspicion'
Attached Thumbnails
Acustica audio acqua plugins general discussion-toohigh.png  
Old 5 days ago | Show parent
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtROBOT View Post
Ah the classic 'I'm way too high to understand what you just said but i'm going to look serious to avoid arousing suspicion'
Haha definitely
Gear Maniac

Am I the only one struggling to run a session with the new DMI plugs in protools? On a 2013 macpro.
I do have an older OS, is there a recommended version?

Any tip appreciated !
Company Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by j.frad View Post
Am I the only one struggling to run a session with the new DMI plugs in protools? On a 2013 macpro.
I do have an older OS, is there a recommended version?

Any tip appreciated !

From there latest release Diamond Transient:

The recommended System requirements are:
macOS 10.14 Intel I9 Coffee Lake 3.5 GHz, 64GB of RAM, SSD.

Pro-Tools is also very inefficient in managing multiple processing threads.
You should try Reaper and see if your system handles the load a little better.
Best regards.
Gear Maniac

Thanks, protools is mandatory in my situation.
I might try an OS update.
📝 Reply