The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Acustica audio acqua plugins general discussion
Old 3 weeks ago | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcusticaCM View Post
Beside all our socials and GS, yes, we sent a newsletter. Check your GDPR privacy settings in your AA account. Newsletter box should be checked.
Sorry to hear you missed it.
Thanks, will check the privacy settings now. Will make sure i don't miss the next one!
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by disp View Post
Acustica has a long history of reacting to criticism (be it constructive or not) with a defensive or arrogant tone. We all know this.

Giancarlo stated that he wants the fb page to be a dialogue with the customers.
However, if you delete criticism and only keep the praise, it becomes a free advertising service, powered by the people who already paid you thousands of euros.

Sure, private group, rules etc.
But if this is how you communicate with your customers, you will definitely lose a lot of them in the long run.
I've personally spent like 3000 euros on your plugins, and I've reccomended them to many other people.
But this is where I draw the line. You're not gonna see any more money from me.
If you don't understand why all of this irritates me so much, then you shouldn't be in charge of social media/communication.
A simple and constructive dialogue. But if it has to be a constantly negative dialogue I prefer to do it here.
Among the various motivations
- there is no page from another developer where you can be constantly negative, polemical and critical. If there is one, just point it out to me and we will do an experiment. In my experience our page is identical to that of other developers - I think there is even more freedom since we use the ban very rarely.
- a constantly polemical confrontation forces a continuous defense and comparison with what others do, leading to discussions where the comparison is not equal. There is a risk of speaking badly of another developer about some circumstance, but without him having the opportunity to respond. It is good to have discussions of this kind on neutral territories.
@ bmanic
And no, it's not an echo chamber. No more than the facebook group of other developers.
In our history we have given huge possibilities and freedom of replication to users and betatesters, I would say a unique freedom to go around and express your opinion freely, almost without restrictions. I would like this kind of freedom to be applied everywhere. If you don't believe me, try to be betatesters of another company and go around complaining freely about a product. At the very least, sue you for damages!
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardis View Post
The thing I like is people being able to address AA issues publicly. Sorta fits the community feel of the developer. What I don’t find helpful is non specific bomb throwing and blanket condemnation without specifics.

If you don’t like something and want it fixed say what it is. That’s useful info.
Absolutely
Gear Maniac

Does anyone know when the black friday sales normally start at AA and what kind of deals we can expect??
Gear Nut
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tansao View Post
Does anyone know when the black friday sales normally start at AA and what kind of deals we can expect??
Big Savings, put your wallet away until the day it announced, besides paying for bills (or not )

I'm est. 60% - 80% depending on plugin.

Stay Sharp...
Old 2 weeks ago
Company Rep

Cream2 70% OFF + sampler freq. added.

Black Friday warm-up.
Get Cream2 now at just €59 (reg. €199). You'll save 70%!

Link: https://www.acustica-audio.com/store/products/cream

Now with added 48/88.2 kHz frequency packs!

Old 2 weeks ago | Show parent
Gear Maniac

Might be Black Friday but feels like Christmas with 48k packs
Lives for gear

I hope that at some point the UI for Cream will be reworked a bit. Some sliders are not practical, kinda buggy. A shame because the sound is good. But you want to go fast fast fast on these things you know.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowlou View Post
I hope that at some point the UI for Cream will be reworked a bit. Some sliders are not practical, kinda buggy. A shame because the sound is good. But you want to go fast fast fast on these things you know.
Good to bring this up. In my view there's a general issue (at least in the AA plugins I gave). The knobs and sliders doesn't feel solid. Most lack weight or feel flimsy, as if even the biggest knobs was just a 0.2 grams - which seems very strange when so much effort has been put into create a hardware look. I really hope some care will be taken to make the GUIs respond better in this regard - they deserve a solid response.

::
Mads
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mljung View Post
Good to bring this up. In my view there's a general issue (at least in the AA plugins I gave). The knobs and sliders doesn't feel solid. Most lack weight or feel flimsy, as if even the biggest knobs was just a 0.2 grams - which seems very strange when so much effort has been put into create a hardware look. I really hope some care will be taken to make the GUIs respond better in this regard - they deserve a solid response.

Mads
I think this feeling partly comes from the fact that on stepped design, Acustica knobs still have a smooth course. In real life, you only experience strong steps and nothing inbetween position on the faceplate. So that's a bit strange that we see the knob turning on stepped design, and it ajusts itself on a step right after mouse click release. It means that the 3D engine has to calculate 128 steps, or maybe 256 (depends on the interpolation chosen), which is a lot of work to render first, then also to assemble in Photoshop, where they could simply render the number of steps required by the hardware design. Less work, lighter, better UX...

ANyway, it's ok as is imo, what matters is the sound with AA .
Here for the gear

Has anyone else run any Aquas through DDMF's Plugin Doctor?

Just tried Gold 4 comp and Sand 3 comp and, well, they don't seem to be doing anything 'special'... not harmonically at least.

With Sand 3 comp, when I turn on the preamp section, it makes a tiny difference to the harmonics, then, when I cycle through the 8 pre-amps, they're all doing the same thing?! There's no difference between them!

Can someone point out where I'm going wrong?

Here's preamp 1 on Sand 3:

https://ibb.co/wJ4TRkG

And here's preamp 8:

https://ibb.co/8MNgRxk

There is no difference, and what they're both doing is soooo negligable. It seems to be adding a tiny, tiny amount of the signal one octave up... that's it! The compressor is engaged here as well, no harmonic distortion, surely there is on a G Series?

What am I missing here?
Lives for gear

Quote:
I think this feeling comes from the fact that on stepped design, the Acustica knob still have a smooth course. In real life, you only experience strong steps and nothing inbetween position on the faceplate. So that's a bit strange that we see the knob turning on stepped design, and it ajusts itself on a step right after mouse click release. It means that the 3D engine has to calculate 128 steps, or maybe 256 (depends on the interpolation chosen), which is a lot of work to render first, then also to assemble in Photoshop, where they could simply render the number of steps required by the hardware design. Less work, lighter, better UX...

ANyway, it's ok as is imo, what matters is the sound with AA .
Maybe this the reason, still it's annoyingly flimsy in my view. Hope the AA developers will work on more smooth operation - and resizable GUIs while they're at it...

Mads
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnliquid View Post

Just tried Gold 4 comp and Sand 3 comp and, well, they don't seem to be doing anything 'special'... not harmonically at least.

With Sand 3 comp, when I turn on the preamp section, it makes a tiny difference to the harmonics, then, when I cycle through the 8 pre-amps, they're all doing the same thing?! There's no difference between them!

And here's preamp 8:

There is no difference, and what they're both doing is soooo negligable. It seems to be adding a tiny, tiny amount of the signal one octave up... that's it! The compressor is engaged here as well, no harmonic distortion, surely there is on a G Series?

What am I missing here?
You're hitting it at 0db, try -18db. You would need to host it in something like patchwork so you can raise the gain back up to see the plots better
Gear Addict
Quote:

And here's preamp 8:

What am I missing here?
Might be the same thing as Pink where the harmonics are derived from a single preamp and applied to all line preamps whereas the frequency responses are what are unique for each preamp.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

plugin doctor is like googling for medical symptoms, you won't know how to interpret the results unless you have some expertise
Gear Maniac

Quote:

And here's preamp 8:

What am I missing here?
IMO the reason to use these compressors is not their harmonic distortion, it's the way that they compress the sound due to their attack and release characteristics (like how GOLD can bring an amazing warmth to something that's harsh, and SAND gives that really punchy sound). If you just want to add harmonic distortion from the original machines, you could supplement your Acquas with something like AlexB's console inputs or an algorithmic plugin like Kazrog's True Iron.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Yes, I hope so to. I noticed a problem with the "LINE" channel wheel in Cream. When you move it, it does not click to the exact number, in fact sometimes it skips a number:

#4 looks like 4.5
#5 looks like 5.5
#6 looks like 6.5
#7 skips to 8!
8 is 9
9 is 10
11 is 12
12 is 12.5 and so on until at 20 it sorts itself out.

The channel strip has exactly the same behaviour. I opened a ticket and was told “At present [Cream2] correction is not possible with our current user interface framework, first we need to improve the visual precision.”
Gear Head
Thanks for posting about Cream interface problems. Definitely not buying now.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stone21 View Post
Thanks for posting about Cream interface problems. Definitely not buying now.
I wanted Cream...Is it broken still after all this time?
Company Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by easyrider View Post
You might want to install the trial and test, it's the best way to find if it works for you.
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by easyrider View Post
I've yet to hear the graphics...
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy McGroarty View Post
Yes, I hope so to. I noticed a problem with the "LINE" channel wheel in Cream. When you move it, it does not click to the exact number, in fact sometimes it skips a number:

#4 looks like 4.5
#5 looks like 5.5
#6 looks like 6.5
#7 skips to 8!
8 is 9
9 is 10
11 is 12

The channel strip has exactly the same behaviour. I opened a ticket and was told “At present [Cream2] correction is not possible with our current user interface framework, first we need to improve the visual precision.”
what about your ears? are they buggy too?
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy McGroarty View Post
#4 looks like 4.5
#5 looks like 5.5
#6 looks like 6.5
#7 skips to 8!
8 is 9
9 is 10
11 is 12
This! The spinny dial is bad enough even if the numbers were correct! Not fun to use. How did that ever pass beta??
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Maniac
i was worried about the cream UI before i bought it, but it's not an issue for me since my preferred way of controlling acustica/nebula plugins is clicking parameters and using up and down arrows for precise control (shift + up and down for even more precise).
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtROBOT View Post
what about your ears? are they buggy too?
Completely
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by candyflip View Post
This! The spinny dial is bad enough even if the numbers were correct! Not fun to use. How did that ever pass beta??
What Beta???? There is no way these guys do Beta testing.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenNeedle View Post
What Beta???? There is no way these guys do Beta testing.
I am beta as you are beta as we are beta and we are all together.
Gear Nut
Quote:
Originally Posted by candyflip View Post
I am beta as you are beta as we are beta and we are all together.
Perpetual beta ova here.
Gear Nut

want some cheese to go with that whine?
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaytron View Post
i was worried about the cream UI before i bought it, but it's not an issue for me since my preferred way of controlling acustica/nebula plugins is clicking parameters and using up and down arrows for precise control (shift + up and down for even more precise).
Mousewheel works great for this too, at least on my Windows
📝 Reply