The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Acustica audio acqua plugins general discussion
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by sergioelectro View Post
Do you mean Diamon EQ2?
Is it still possible to purchase it, since now it is version 3?
Thank you
Regards
Sergio
Hi - I am using both Diamond Lift and Transient on mixes and home masters.

They really shine for me at the mastering stage...if I sent my material out to be properly mastered then not sure I would use them as much. But when I am home mastering they are amazing for that final push in transient control and level.

I don’t have the Diamond Eq so can’t comment.
Old 1 week ago
Company Rep

Arrow Aquarius update available!

Aquarius 2.5.026 is online!
• Improved checking of corrupted and empty history files
– this should fix some (generic) errors related to framework installation.

https://www.acustica-audio.com/pages/aquarius

Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Ok, I am finally ready to try out AA. I see they are doing a few deals and it seems like the right moment to give a try.

So I would be interested in an EQ with character for mastering applications mainly.

If you could choose only one AA EQ products, what would you choose?

(I am not going through 800 pages to find the answer )

Thanks in advance !!
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

Well / Erin Eq lives on my home mastering chain.

As does the Erin Comp.

The Erin Eq is big and clear and wide - not a surgical mix eq. Analog character eq for broad moves - but the extra mid-only eq plugin that comes in the pack is excellent for added flexibility.

I really love them both....and I expect they’ll be discounted soon enough.

The other thing I can’t live without for master bus is Celestial - I got it for free one year ago, which is the best bargain in the history of plugins.

I would gladly pay 100 bucks for it on its own / seeing as I use it every single time I finish a ‘master’.

Only one AA?

That’s tricky - if not Celestial then probably my Pink4 as it’s so flexible - a real multitool channel strip...though I have my eye on Gold too now - as you can never have enough Neve can you?
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by audioloud View Post
Ok, I am finally ready to try out AA. I see they are doing a few deals and it seems like the right moment to give a try.

So I would be interested in an EQ with character for mastering applications mainly.

Thanks in advance !!
For mastering I'd pick Green (GML 8200) or Scarlet (Sontec 432). Just the pres alone on these are spectacular, just using Green on any source without touching the EQ and just using the preamp is a big improvement, thick 3 dimensional sound
Old 1 week ago
Gear Nut

EQ alone i would also agree on Green but for the 'package' i would go with Erin... it has excellent EQs and also comps
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioloud View Post

Thanks in advance !!
I would try Erin (EAR) and Green4 (GML) for two very different flavors with the latest tech. Definitely try with and without the preamps (I often don’t use in a mastering context). Search for the unofficial equipment list to see if any of the other equipment is of interest. I think the EQs are the best aspect of the technology but the comps have slowly improved. I still prefer Weiss/Unisum/Multiplicity for bus comps.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head
Quote:
Originally Posted by AcusticaCM View Post
Aquarius 2.5.026 is online!
• Improved checking of corrupted and empty history files
– this should fix some (generic) errors related to framework installation.

https://www.acustica-audio.com/pages/aquarius

Question:
For old plugins that were updated to Core 16, did they get the benefits of all the Core versions (1-15) before it.

Thank you for your time.
Old 1 week ago
Company Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.vybz View Post
Question:
For old plugins that were updated to Core 16, did they get the benefits of all the Core versions (1-15) before it.

Thank you for your time.
Hi Mr.vybz! They don't get the harmonic response introduced by Core 15, for example. The Core16 update brings the removal of residual noise and some other optimizations and fixes. It is in continuous development with further improvements to be made.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Guru
Quote:
Originally Posted by DamianL View Post
Well / Erin Eq lives on my home mastering chain.

As does the Erin Comp.

The Erin Eq is big and clear and wide - not a surgical mix eq. Analog character eq for broad moves - but the extra mid-only eq plugin that comes in the pack is excellent for added flexibility.

I really love them both....and I expect they’ll be discounted soon enough.

The other thing I can’t live without for master bus is Celestial - I got it for free one year ago, which is the best bargain in the history of plugins.

I would gladly pay 100 bucks for it on its own / seeing as I use it every single time I finish a ‘master’.

Only one AA?

That’s tricky - if not Celestial then probably my Pink4 as it’s so flexible - a real multitool channel strip...though I have my eye on Gold too now - as you can never have enough Neve can you?
Do you have any good start points for Celestial and Erin’s comp? I use a lot of presets since I don’t have a tuned room and do ballpark mixes to send out to a real mixer.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benj View Post
I would try Erin (EAR) and Green4 (GML) for two very different flavors with the latest tech. Definitely try with and without the preamps (I often don’t use in a mastering context). Search for the unofficial equipment list to see if any of the other equipment is of interest. I think the EQs are the best aspect of the technology but the comps have slowly improved. I still prefer Weiss/Unisum/Multiplicity for bus comps.
Thank you, and thanks for the other people suggesting...
That is the kind of processors I was interested in.

I will defo try those... Hopefully there will be some sales on these units soon...

Thanks again!
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardis View Post
Do you have any good start points for Celestial and Erin’s comp? I use a lot of presets since I don’t have a tuned room and do ballpark mixes to send out to a real mixer.
Well for Celestial / it’s just an instant better maker for me...

Get the input into it at anything around -18 and push the input gain by around 6db. Compensate on the output as needed.

I am usually around 3 or 4 on the saturations...Which are ALWAYS on.

Set the eq and filters for what you need. A little high frequency push here can help to give the high freq compressor/dynamics which is about to come into the chain something to work with.

Set the crossover at maybe 5-7hz or above depending on your track...and how much of an analog high frequency squash you want to hear.

Bring the threshold down until you get maybe 1.5-2db of compression showing on the meter to the right of the input meter. Keep the attack pretty moderate...

Bring that back up a touch using the make up gain.

I don’t use the elliptical filter etc. Prefer Izotope for the Spatial if needed.

Sometimes use the transformer...depends on the sound.

Set it up like you want it as above - then toggle it on and off and the difference should be night and day...whenever I do this it always puts a smile on my face.

After celestial it’s straight into imaging then clipping if needed, then limiting. Done!
Old 1 week ago
Gear Guru
Quote:
Originally Posted by DamianL View Post
Well for Celestial / it’s just an instant better maker for me...

Get the input into it at anything around -18 and push the input gain by around 6db. Compensate on the output as needed.

I am usually around 3 or 4 on the saturations...Which are ALWAYS on.

Set the eq and filters for what you need. A little high frequency push here can help to give the high freq compressor/dynamics which is about to come into the chain something to work with.

Set the crossover at maybe 5-7hz or above depending on your track...and how much of an analog high frequency squash you want to hear.

Bring the threshold down until you get maybe 1.5-2db of compression showing on the meter to the right of the input meter. Keep the attack pretty moderate...

Bring that back up a touch using the make up gain.

I don’t use the elliptical filter etc. Prefer Izotope for the Spatial if needed.

Sometimes use the transformer...depends on the sound.

Set it up like you want it as above - then toggle it on and off and the difference should be night and day...whenever I do this it always puts a smile on my face.

After celestial it’s straight into imaging then clipping if needed, then limiting. Done!
Super helpful and really well explained... Thx!
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head

I’m thinking of maybe Navy, on sale through 10/15.

Already have Gold. So I’m wondering about sonic overlap (I’m talking about sound, I have compared the specs and and demoing Navy now — very happy to see it has a low CPU load, only around 11% in studio 5 under High Sierra on an iMac 4 GHz i7, for both the compressor and the strip with everything turned on)

If anyone has any illumination on differences in sound between the two It’d be much appreciated if you could kindly please share your insights. Just wondering if it’s worth getting navy in addition to already having gold.

Obviously I want to avoid duplication in getting Navy, but one thing I noticed is that the compressor is very gentle and reacts well to big volume changes, and I like the preamps (but still haven’t done a head-to-head comparison with gold yet but will soon).
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head
Same. Is it worth getting Navy or wait if Gold is discounted?
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardis View Post
Super helpful and really well explained... Thx!
Forgot to note - that advice is for the ‘mastering’ version of the Celestial - which is my preferred one.

It has the high frequency crossover in the dynamics section / the ‘mix’ versions do not, and they do full range compression instead.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head

Since things seemed to have slowed down here...

Please can we see a Hendyamps Michelangelo and some Elysia in the near future.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

Well - my memory might be a bit unreliable here but - the last time Elysia was mentioned I think our AA folk online gave little wink 😉 so - could be?!
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

80% off of N4? Why not 95% off instead?? I wish I could sell my worthless AA licenses. Haven’t bought one in almost 2 years after seeing everything constantly on sale for 75% off.
Old 1 week ago
Company Rep

N4 MEGADEAL!

Better, Faster, Stronger! N4 and N4 Player got updated and improved.
Time to celebrate with an 80% OFF #MegaDeal

Link: https://www.acustica-audio.com/store...cts/neb4server
Promo valid until October 20, 2020 (11:59 pm CET)

Several improvements and updates including the latest core engine for better performance and overall stability, offline processing (Steinberg DOP), and optimized libraries and presets loading. Minor compatibility fixes.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head
Does N4 contain all the Acquas? Like Aquamarine I just bought? Or Navy2?
Old 1 week ago
Company Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stone21 View Post
Does N4 contain all the Acquas? Like Aquamarine I just bought? Or Navy2?
After installing N4, you should see on the formats drop-down menu in Aquarius the option to install the Acquas you've purchased.
The commercial N4 includes tons of compressors, reverbs, and tape emulations already: https://www.acustica-audio.com/store...cts/neb4server
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear
The beauty of N4 is not that it can run aquas. Who needs that? Aquas are just fine as vsts really. Many of us believe the Nebula devs's libraries sound better. The stock library is also not the main draw. Couple of things here and there maybe ok.

Official devs libraries are basically like aquas and have great offerings. You'll see them in Aquarius.

Originals devs have limitations like only 1 band of eq per instance or separate pres to compressors but they are crazy cheap and crazy quality. They're cheap becuase AA honourably does not lock them out of N4 (due to their participation in growing AA in the early days) and doesn't charge them commission for using it to this day.

Most Nebulas have skins. Our own GS Ceejay is reskinning a bunch.

Honestly Nebula is not that hard, the skins are avaialble, it sounds amazing and it's currently cheap to buy the framework.

Don't abandon your aquas by any means as they're also great but the world of Nebula is next level. This is the best deal in audio right now because of the options it opens up.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolin View Post
The beauty of N4 is not that it can run aquas. Who needs that? Aquas are just fine as vsts really. Many of us believe the Nebula devs's libraries sound better. The stock library is also not the main draw. Couple of things here and there maybe ok.

Official devs libraries are basically like aquas and have great offerings. You'll see them in Aquarius.

Originals devs have limitations like only 1 band of eq per instance or separate pres to compressors but they are crazy cheap and crazy quality. They're cheap becuase AA honourably does not lock them out of N4 (due to their participation in growing AA in the early days) and doesn't charge them commission for using it to this day.

Most Nebulas have skins. Our own GS Ceejay is reskinning a bunch.

Honestly Nebula is not that hard, the skins are avaialble, it sounds amazing and it's currently cheap to buy the framework.

Don't abandon your aquas by any means as they're also great but the world of Nebula is next level. This is the best deal in audio right now because of the options it opens up.
Thank you for replying. Would you recommend buying Navy2 right now, or N4 and with what 3rd party library then?
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear
Hey Stone21

I’d jump on N4 like a shot but have to admit I didn’t demo Navy or Gold. I don’t doubt their quality or ease of use, but felt covered with Nebula.

Nebula has a bunch of libraries (some unskinned) for old and new N*v*. In full disclosure there were big discussions about “chirp and wobble” which were hard to hear for most people but which have been mostly addressed by now, for the benefit of those who listen through plug-in doctor.
Old 1 week ago
Company Rep

Quote:
The beauty of N4 is not that it can run aquas. Who needs that? Aquas are just fine as vsts really.
Weeell, yes, and no. If you work in more than one DAW and you use AAX, VST, AU formats, using N4 you can only install the N4 format and save a lot of disk space. Also, you can use the N4 preset system to save and recall your settings.
But we agree that the main attraction is the wide selection of libraries available.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head
Quote:
Originally Posted by AcusticaCM View Post
NAVY2 RELOADED!
Now armed with 48/88.2 sample packs and at an unmissable price! #JointheDeal Navy2 65% OFF €69 (reg. €199).

Link: https://www.acustica-audio.com/store/products/navy
Promo ends October 14, 2020 (11:59 pm UTC+2).
Is it 14th or 15th? Website says #JointheDeal ! Get 65% OFF Navy2 until October 15, 2020 (11:59 pm CET)
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head
Quote:
Hey Stone21

I’d jump on N4 like a shot but have to admit I didn’t demo Navy or Gold. I don’t doubt their quality or ease of use, but felt covered with Nebula.

Nebula has a bunch of libraries (some unskinned) for old and new N*v*. In full disclosure there were big discussions about “chirp and wobble” which were hard to hear for most people but which have been mostly addressed by now, for the benefit of those who listen through plug-in doctor.
Wish I could trial pack 3 pre's, seems to be a download/unzip error from aquarius. (already purged stage folder)
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear
I'd look at Henry Olongas FREE (at 44.1) All You Can Eat collection as an N4 intro. Maybe 96 is free or cheap? Mostly unskinned but most of us get by. Ceejay skinned his Titan V2, a H**ios, and his mic collection. Henry also has many good pres.
Old 1 week ago
Company Rep

Thumbs up SOS Awards

We are very proud to announce that Green4 has been nominated for the SOS Awards for Best Plug-in of the year!

We would appreciate you voting for us here: https://www.soundonsound.com/sos-awa...wards-vote-now

📝 Reply