The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Acustica audio acqua plugins general discussion
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Nut

seems i 'updated' Gold3 and it installed Gold4? looked under 'purchased' and "Gold3" is NOT listed (Gold, Gold2 and Gold4) lol hate to be Capt. Obvious here 'cause i love the sound of your plugs... but you guys really can't get some of the simplest tasks done correct at times. it is like the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing. lol cheers and thanks for... uh something lol
Old 3 weeks ago
Company Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jBranam View Post
seems i 'updated' Gold3 and it installed Gold4? looked under 'purchased' and "Gold3" is NOT listed (Gold, Gold2 and Gold4) lol hate to be Capt. Obvious here 'cause i love the sound of your plugs... but you guys really can't get some of the simplest tasks done correct at times. it is like the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing. lol cheers and thanks for... uh something lol
Gold4 is an update/upgrade for Gold3 and they share vectors files (almost no extra space), so they are installed together (same as Purple 3 and Pink4 with their previous version). You can hide Gold3 by renaming the plug-in files to ".old" for example.
Old 3 weeks ago
Company Rep

Aquarius Web Update

Aquarius Web major update! We are working hard to elevate your Aquarius experience. Now at https://www.aquariuspowered.com you will find redesigned product pages, easier-to-find info about plug-in versions, available sample rates per plug-in, expandable change-logs and there is more to come! Go check that out!

Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by norbury brook View Post
does this affect recall on tracks saved with Gold 3?

M
Yes
What happened here is that i installed 4, it over wrote 3 and then when i opened projects with frozen tracks with gold 3 in them they got screwed up as they loaded the (now ver4) and i of course didn't notice, but i saved, then it saved the screwed up frozen plugs, so now even when i revert back to the june version of gold (still now labelled gold 4 for some reason) the sessions i open have damaged gold 3 plugins because i saved them in that state.
What a mess
It seems to be the 8093 and the 3081 and 3012 eqs of the gold EQ that are not recalling here.
I am aslo finding that even after reverting back to the old versions that the golds are generally not working now in my sessions, the graphics are ****ed and the settings are not right.

Acustica needs to make the old version 3 installers available again right now! I can't work on any sessions i have started with gold on them.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcusticaCM View Post
Gold4 is an update/upgrade for Gold3 and they share vectors files (almost no extra space), so they are installed together (same as Purple 3 and Pink4 with their previous version). You can hide Gold3 by renaming the plug-in files to ".old" for example.
It sounds like a couple people who upgraded to Gold 4 had their previous sessions with Gold 3 broken - not recalling session settings. That is why they wanted to be able to downgrade to Gold 3.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenNeedle View Post
This is really not cool with Gold 4, i cannot revert back to gold 3 now because both installers say 4 on them in Aquarius. I rolled back to the June version on both and the recall problem is not fixed.
I would uninstall and reinstall Gold 3 but there is no option to in Aquarius to do that, they both say 4 and i believe are both core 16.
I hope they fix this right away.
Damn that’s disconcerting. Would you mind sharing the system/OS/DAW you’re using?
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
We need the Gold 3 installer back please
Old 3 weeks ago
Company Rep

Quote:
We need the Gold 3 installer back please
Sometimes when the update fails, the best way is to reinstall. Gold3 should be still compatible and recall the session, but I will ask if there is another solution available (like installing Gold3 only, as you said).
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Sometimes when the update fails, the best way is to reinstall. Gold3 should be still compatible and recall the session, but I will ask if there is another solution available (like installing Gold3 only, as you said).
Right now the only way to get back to 3 is to install 4 and downgrade, but i still see the files from 4 in my system.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
NM

Modula has stopped working today on Catalina, so I cannot work.

Whats the fix? and who do I invoice there....
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Guru
I installed 4 and still have 3 PC based and Harrison Mixbus....
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSmo View Post
NM

who do I invoice there....
lol, yeah right. It's like driving defensively, DON'T INSTALL UPDATES THE DAY THEY COME OUT

I got sucked in because I LOVE Gold sooo much.

As far as core 16 goes, anything I freeze and try to recall comes back screwy. So i am abandoning all things core 16.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

It would be great to get a copy of Green 4 that uses core 15 not 16 on the installer in Aquarius as well as 16 isn't stable yet.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
You should state that in the upgrade notice for people.
It is inherently confusing if you don't.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by sound_of_ours View Post
You should state that in the upgrade notice for people.
It is inherently confusing if you don't.
It is and it is inconsistent with other Aqua plugs where when they go up a number they have a separate installer and are different entities on the system, which btw works great and is a nice safe trouble free way to try new versions.

Personally I have wasted about 4 hours now getting my sessions back to where they were.
I expect a free plug for that.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Guru
How did my install not overwrite? Is that a pc thing? I have 3+4
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

I thought for a split second that El Rey was getting a big update

Timing is everything.

Quote:
Aquarius Web major update! We are working hard to elevate your Aquarius experience. Now at https://www.aquariuspowered.com you will find redesigned product pages, easier-to-find info about plug-in versions, available sample rates per plug-in, expandable change-logs and there is more to come! Go check that out!

Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Head

Guess they're trying to turn upgrades into updates so everytime someone updates any of the plugins these could keep settings, ect, but its not really working and we users with projects to deliver are the ground zero facility! One step forward, two step backwards.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardis View Post
How did my install not overwrite? Is that a pc thing? I have 3+4
The only time ever a Mac is better....
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Guru
Quote:
The only time ever a Mac is better....
Not a complaint actually works great and 3 not overwritten. I have both so wondering why some don’t.,,

I love Macs but they are too much money.,,use em at work.,,
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

I cannot get any Aqua to work in Wavelab 10, is this a known issue?

I get a couple of error messages, depending on where I place the plugins, ALL of my other mastering plugins work inside Wavelab 10, Catalina.

"Error reported by MAGENTA5ST

At this insertion point, the plug-in cannot accept the number of input channels."

EDIT: No Acustica-Audio plugins are working on my system, in any of my DAWS.

Any Ideas?

Last edited by BigSmo; 3 weeks ago at 08:44 AM.. Reason: Epic Fail
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Getting no luck here, wasted most of today trying to solve this.

Is there a way to completely remove all Acustica-Audio products from my mac, all at once, that doesn't involve uninstalling one at a time as it takes forever to go back to the updates page again?

I have a majority of the Aquas here and don't have the time to **** about with getting them to work.

It can't be a coincidence that this new Aqaurius Web****e happened today and all my Acustica products are broken.
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSmo View Post
Getting no luck here, wasted most of today trying to solve this.

Is there a way to completely remove all Acustica-Audio products from my mac, all at once, that doesn't involve uninstalling one at a time as it takes forever to go back to the updates page again?

I have a majority of the Aquas here and don't have the time to **** about with getting them to work.

It can't be a coincidence that this new Aqaurius Web****e happened today and all my Acustica products are broken.
Same thing happened to me. Everything stopped working in every daw. Just reinstalling one plugin got them all to come back though in my case.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
I installed Purple3, tried to delete Purple2 and then it breaks Purple3. So I have to have double the amount of plugins on my hard drive and visible in my plugin manager. Also I only use P1 from that suite so I have 11 plugins that I don’t use taking up space. I have to say I’m not keen onthis new way of plugins sharing files, it’s too cluttered. I much prefer each suite being self contained, that way I can install and uninstall when need be.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

@ GreenNeedle
From our reports most users have upgraded all products to Core16, and the number of tickets we have received is very low.
As far as Core15 on green is concerned it is obviously not possible, we do the update when there is a specific version of the engine that allows us to realize it. Green4 in core15 mode could not exist
As for the engines, you can always go back to version, I think there was an update to all products around the end of December.

@ sound_of_ours
In some products, following users' requests, we are trying to limit the necessary space on the drive. If we have to release a new version called Gold4 then it must have the files not in common with Gold3, leading to an effective duplication of space. This happens because if the versions are designed to be independent, they must be independent (otherwise an installation, update or uninstallation of one of them would lead to consistency problems in the other version
To overcome this we are creating real updates where most of the files are common. In these we have the products called "gold3", and they are all compatible with the past and the new gold4 with the exception of the equalizer. This means that there are a lot of files in common.
We have received some reports of recall problems on old sessions but we have not been able to replicate the problem.
At the moment the number of tickets for Gold4 is extremely, extremely low.
If you have any problems please report it.
The number of downloads is high enough, considering we are in August.

Regarding downgrades to Gold3: just go back to version on Aquarius. We have verified a malfunction, the new DLLs of gold4 are not perfectly deleted, there will be a fix soon. Apart from that, a complete restore of all files, which become identical to those used in the past, is guaranteed. We have done a check and verified just that.

@ SuperJV
The thing you described might be related to a framework problem in fact. When it happens, just install a product again and the framework is restored. These days we are investigating whether uninstalling a product can create problems at the framework level.
In the past we have also verified that some files in the framework with signature problems suddenly gave problems to some users: unfortunately Apple has become very restrictive on signature or quarantine problems, so things stop working completely with obscure and not perfectly visible errors (for example the plugin comes out with a "2" code and consequently daw crashes). We have no direct control over all this: if the plugin is declared "non compliant" it can't even print error messages, and usually daw interprets the sudden exit as a crash, or sometimes even crashes in turn.
I would like to turn back a clock and go back to when things on mac osx were much simpler.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaphod View Post
In some products, following users' requests, we are trying to limit the necessary space on the drive. If we have to release a new version called Gold4 then it must have the files not in common with Gold3, leading to an effective duplication of space. This happens because if the versions are designed to be independent, they must be independent (otherwise an installation, update or uninstallation of one of them would lead to consistency problems in the other version
To overcome this we are creating real updates where most of the files are common. In these we have the products called "Gold3", and they are all compatible with the past and the new Gold4 with the exception of the equalizer. This means that there are a lot of files in common.
I would much rather have different entities of plug ins so i can trouble shoot properly upon a new install than save disk space.

Its frikking 2020, disk space is not an issue. Time is.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Self-contained product versions please. No inter-dependencies to make it easier to troubleshoot and provide flexibility. Innovation usually invovles moving things forward, not backward.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by plexus View Post
Self-contained product versions please. No inter-dependencies to make it easier to troubleshoot and provide flexibility. Innovation usually invovles moving things forward, not backward.
Ok we'll try to avoid it in the future
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jBranam View Post
On PC, don`t know the structure of MAC:
Installing an AA product equals to download it and the version.
Deinstalling equals to delete the downloaded folder.
That means any version of an AA product can live side by side (folder by folder).

I wouldn`t direct the install path into the regular vst folder but into a "preview" of it
and only one plugin with the specific version at a time.
One then can find in the "preview" folder the raw structure of a download.
The raw structure indicates there is no main folder containing the content
(I suggest AA to do so to ease the overview of a download).
Knowing this, the regular vst folder then needs an AA folder naming the content.

The raw content of Gold 4 in "preview" then goes to a new created folder "Gold 4" in the vst folder.
So one can have Gold 3, Gold 4 etc side by side (folder by folder).

Could be done less confusing if AA places the download into it`s own main folder as said above.

Quote:

@ sound_of_ours
In some products, following users' requests, we are trying to limit the necessary space on the drive. ...
If so I would users give the choice of which samplerate to download.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Maniac
Quote:
In some products, following users' requests, we are trying to limit the necessary space on the drive.
Thank you for putting effort into this request, however, I would tend to agree that introducing dependencies between product versions is not the way to go and indeed is more harmful as we are seeing.

The ideal way to do this (IMO) is to allow users to select a single (or multiple) sample rate packs to install.

For example, I only ever want 48 and I would really like to remove the three others.
📝 Reply