The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Acustica audio acqua plugins general discussion
Old 4 weeks ago
Company Rep

Taupe Flash Sale

FLASH SALE ⚡ Save 55% on Taupe!!!
Use the code: g_tapeistop

Promo valid from July 7 to July 9, 2020 (11:59pm GMT+2)
Link: https://www.acustica-audio.com/store/products/taupe

You can apply your Loyal Customer discount on top of this!
Do not trash these codes even if you cannot make it in time.
They could come in handy someday...

Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcusticaCM View Post

You can apply your Loyal Customer discount on top of this!
Do not trash these codes even if you cannot make it in time.
They could come in handy someday...
Could you explain please how? They do expire as soon as you get the next one, don't they?
Old 4 weeks ago
Company Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonStrom View Post
Could you explain please how? They do expire as soon as you get the next one, don't they?
The codes for the discount, not the Loyal Customers code, that's all I can say...
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Re-emphising the request: PRETTY PLEASE make the ZL versions optional!

It gets quite tiresome going through and manually deleting them, especially now that you're doing so many updates. It would be very much appreciated!
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodhifile View Post

It gets quite tiresome going through and manually deleting them, especially now that you're doing so many updates. It would be very much appreciated!
Agreed.
IMO Aquarius should offer an option for us to choose which components we wish to install.
Some people will skip ZL versions, some channel strips (and leave just the individual components), others might skip installing certain samplerates etc.
As it is, we're just bloating our harddrives with stuff we don't need.
This should be addressed asap.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:

+1
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
The codes for the discount, not the Loyal Customers code, that's all I can say...
oh how they tease! lol
Old 4 weeks ago
I just wanted to make a quick point: I came to Nebula 4 through my use of Acquas over the past 5 years.

As I am learning my way around Nebula4 and loving the results, I have been sharing my N4 experience with a few friends of mine. One of my friends in California, who is a reputable mixer, also jumped on the recent N4 sale and–as a result of his positive experience–has now purchased 8 different Acquas. He would not have done this if not for N4. I had been telling him about Acquas for years, but it never penetrated. Nebula sold him.

So, my point is that there is a current place for both Nebula and Acqua... and I think they complement and benefit each other mutually in an ongoing way.

I am grateful for Acustica's ongoing Nebula and Acqua development and also for the independent Nebula developers. Keep doing your thing, y'all.
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by robshrock View Post
I just wanted to make a quick point: I came to Nebula 4 through my use of Acquas over the past 5 years.

As I am learning my way around Nebula4 and loving the results, I have been sharing my N4 experience with a few friends of mine. One of my friends in California, who is a reputable mixer, also jumped on the recent N4 sale and–as a result of his positive experience–has now purchased 8 different Acquas. He would not have done this if not for N4. I had been telling him about Acquas for years, but it never penetrated. Nebula sold him.

So, my point is that there is a current place for both Nebula and Acqua... and I think they complement and benefit each other mutually in an ongoing way.

I am grateful for Acustica's ongoing Nebula and Acqua development and also for the independent Nebula developers. Keep doing your thing, y'all.
this is exactly how it went with me :D
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

I use WinRAR to compress (and delete source) the ZL .dlls if you're not going to use them.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Just noticed the Input meter in the Coffee strip doesn't seem to change when you adjust the Input Trim. Is that by design?
Old 4 weeks ago
Company Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sloansimpson View Post
Just noticed the Input meter in the Coffee strip doesn't seem to change when you adjust the Input Trim. Is that by design?
Not sure if this is what you mean: https://acusticaudio.freshdesk.com/s...put-trim-works but output gain is automatically compensated.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Not sure if this is what you mean: https://acusticaudio.freshdesk.com/s...put-trim-works but output gain is automatically compensated.
On the standalone Pre plugin, as you raise the Input Trim, you can see the input meter rising to correspond. On the Coffee strip, Input Trim doesn't seem to affect the meter.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Hiii friends, Lime 2 for modula still needs to be updated. Hope everyone has a good week!
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by sloansimpson View Post
On the standalone Pre plugin, as you raise the Input Trim, you can see the input meter rising to correspond. On the Coffee strip, Input Trim doesn't seem to affect the meter.
There's an explanation for the design. In the preamp input shows the way it is saturated, it is a useful thing for a preamplifier. On the other hand, in the strip it is important to compare the input level with the output level, to even out the effect of the compressor for example. This is why they are implemented differently
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaphod View Post
There's an explanation for the design. In the preamp input shows the way it is saturated, it is a useful thing for a preamplifier. On the other hand, in the strip it is important to compare the input level with the output level, to even out the effect of the compressor for example. This is why they are implemented differently
Understood, thanks.
Old 4 weeks ago
I'm a Taupe owner and, looking back, find that I rarely use it because of how bloated it is. The overall design is just cumbersome. The random images and fake rack ears could be taken out completely because they don't do anything other than take up space. There are also 16 different plugins that appear under the folder with obscure names that end in T, TZL, ZL and apparently none of them are authorized along with the original...? It's also just slow; you click a button and it takes half a second for it to respond either within a DAW or as a single-instance standalone in something like iZotope RX on a completely capable rig. I think the entire thing could really be stripped down because it otherwise sounds cool, it's just rarely worth the trouble when put up against other tape plugins.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripripstabstab View Post
I'm a Taupe owner and, looking back, find that I rarely use it because of how bloated it is. The overall design is just cumbersome. The random images and fake rack ears could be taken out completely because they don't do anything other than take up space. There are also 16 different plugins that appear under the folder with obscure names that end in T, TZL, ZL and apparently none of them are authorized along with the original...? It's also just slow; you click a button and it takes half a second for it to respond either within a DAW or as a single-instance standalone in something like iZotope RX on a completely capable rig. I think the entire thing could really be stripped down because it otherwise sounds cool, it's just rarely worth the trouble when put up against other tape plugins.
I don't find the gap that happens when switching programs to be a big pain, but would definitely like the option to toggle off the picture window in Taupe. Maybe they put the pictures in there as a memory aid to help differentiate between all the different programs, but I find some of them downright creepy...
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

T and TZL are trial versions
Rack ears are useful for N4 gui compatibility
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Maniac
yeah, what a shame that it takes half a second (less for me) to switch between the 40 tape machines/configurations and preamps available in one plugin. and don't even get me started on those rack ears.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Nut

Quote:

+1
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Guru
Taupe is simply amazing. Just using the combo presets gives a depth and focus to tracks and the variety of decks is super useful.
I love IK Tape but the cpu is not great for tracks.
GUI concerns are low on my list I do like the frequency display which is a great visual reference and unique...
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardis View Post
I love IK Tape
Me too! freezing tracks is our friend.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

A potential warning - I updated Celestial to the latest Core 16 build last night, and it repeatedly crashed Reaper (on load) with a project that used the previous version of Celestial.

Thankfully Reaper uses text editable project files so I was able to manually delete the string that loaded Celestial. Worked fine after that, and so I added the updated Celestial, saved, closed and opened fine.

Back any key projects up before updating. Aquarius also shows a big warning on the latest builds too...

... which I think is unprofessional. They shouldn't be publicly releasing anything that could potentially bork working projects. That's what testing is for; stability and compatibility. Ho hum.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Nut

Be careful indeed. I have a mastering chain with Taupe & El Rey. To my ears the latest C16 sounds really different. I prefer the sound of the previous C16 version so I went back. I don't know if it's the same for the other aquas.
Old 4 weeks ago
Company Rep

Regarding the updates, and for what Ive been reading in our platforms, most (I dare to say 90-95%) had no issues with the latest updates, sometimes if the update cause any problem like the one you report in Reaper @ b0se a workaround was reinstalling to the latest version directly and resetting the plug-in cache.
About the sound @ Barendse what some of our users did was export a mixdown of the project before and another one after the updates, and most preferred the sound of the latest, but the good thing is that you can choose to roll back and wait.
Anyway, if you guys find something that is worth to report via ticket please do so, it will help to correct this minor issues on future updates. Thank you!
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Maniac
Quote:
About the sound @ Barendse what some of our users did was export a mixdown of the project before and another one after the updates, and most preferred the sound of the latest, but the good thing is that you can choose to roll back and wait.
A plugin update should NEVER change the sound of a plugin in either a positive or negative way. It should go without saying that mix decisions are made based on what someone is hearing, so for heaven's sake, don't ever change the sound out from under people!!!

There is no 'good thing', there is no 'some users prefer'. Don't change the sound of an existing plugin. Period.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaphod View Post
T and TZL are trial versions
Rack ears are useful for N4 gui compatibility
then at least provide the screws to fix them securely!
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindafishy View Post
A plugin update should NEVER change the sound of a plugin in either a positive or negative way. It should go without saying that mix decisions are made based on what someone is hearing, so for heaven's sake, don't ever change the sound out from under people!!!

There is no 'good thing', there is no 'some users prefer'. Don't change the sound of an existing plugin. Period.
have to agree 100% with this, could be absolutely disastrous for a mix
Old 4 weeks ago
Company Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindafishy View Post

Reducing the residual noise (or echo) is a positive thing, you are not forced to update if this is not a problem for you.
📝 Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
🎙️ View mentioned gear