The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Acustica audio acqua plugins general discussion
Old 4 days ago
Any suggestions for inductor-based EQs in the Nebula world? Looking to approximate the Auditronics 110, so: 3 bands, inductors on each. (Would also take other non-Nebula/Acustica suggestions!)
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by vizcities View Post
Any suggestions for inductor-based EQs in the Nebula world? Looking to approximate the Auditronics 110, so: 3 bands, inductors on each. (Would also take other non-Nebula/Acustica suggestions!)
SoundDrops - HENRY-Q - GERMANIUM INDUCTOR EQUALIZER

TimP - ELC24 STEREO EQ

there are others ...
Old 4 days ago
Gear Maniac
Cola C-228 is an inductor EQ.
Old 4 days ago
Gear Nut

And what, pray tell, does an inductor EQ sound like?
Old 4 days ago
Gear Head
Quote:
Originally Posted by GusGranite View Post
And what, pray tell, does an inductor EQ sound like?
Hear from the most experience pros themselves along with multiple members opinions.

What makes Inductor EQs sound different?
Old 4 days ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by valy View Post
Are you guys using different sample rates? I also observed no difference in a test at 44.1k but someone else saw a difference at 96k (in a different Acqua)
Quote:
Originally Posted by plexus View Post
Plugin Doctor was using 96k. I just checked it and also at 44.1k and Water and Water2 have the same response at all freq settings. I am using the latest versions that are not Core 16.

This is it!

I tested at 48khz and there the difference in hpf is enormous. When testing at 44.1 khz i hear no difference!
Old 3 days ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.vybz View Post
Hear from the most experience pros themselves along with multiple members opinions.

What makes Inductor EQs sound different?
Awesome. Thank you. Always learning!
Old 3 days ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evian View Post
This is it!

I tested at 48khz and there the difference in hpf is enormous. When testing at 44.1 khz i hear no difference!
I decided to try them at 48k based on your post. Here is a screenshot of the LPF at 60 on the commercial Water and Water2. I tried this at 44.1, 48, 88, 96 and it was the same at all these rates. 120 also has a similar difference.

I have no idea why my previous test showed Water/Water2 being exactly the same and why now they are not. I dont know if this is an issue with Plugin Doctor, Water/2 and/or my system. *shrug*

Compareing the LPF with Water and WaterT across the 4 sample rates there is no difference at 60 or 120.

Acustica audio acqua plugins general discussion-screen-shot-2020-07-05-2.23.54-pm-copy.jpg
Attached Thumbnails
Acustica audio acqua plugins general discussion-screen-shot-2020-07-05-2.23.54-pm-copy.jpg  
Old 3 days ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
I decided to try them at 48k based on your post. Here is a screenshot of the LPF at 60 on the commercial Water and Water2. I tried this at 44.1, 48, 88, 96 and it was the same at all these rates. 120 also has a similar difference.

I have no idea why my previous test showed Water/Water2 being exactly the same and why now they are not. I dont know if this is an issue with Plugin Doctor, Water/2 and/or my system. *shrug*
Hmm weird, i think you discovered another difference there. but at least now we know something is up.

Have you tried comparing the graph of the hpf from waterT vs water @ 48k hz? listen to the lows when setting the hpf to 120. Its crazy different. I love the bump waterT gives at that samplerate. Unfortunately water doesn't replicate that.
Old 3 days ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Hmm weird, i think you discovered another difference there. but at least now we know something is up.

Have you tried comparing the graph of the hpf from waterT vs water @ 48k hz? listen to the lows when setting the hpf to 120. Its crazy different. I love the bump waterT gives at that samplerate. Unfortunately water doesn't replicate that.
Here's Water and WaterT @ 48k . Ok now really don't have a clue what is going on as to why there is so much difference now. Anyway, either there is user error on my part and/or there is something strange going on. But here you go.... Water vs WaterT @ 48k LPF at 60:

Acustica audio acqua plugins general discussion-screen-shot-2020-07-05-2.41.57-pm-copy.jpg
Attached Thumbnails
Acustica audio acqua plugins general discussion-screen-shot-2020-07-05-2.41.57-pm-copy.jpg  
Old 3 days ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Here's Water and WaterT @ 48k . Ok now really don't have a clue what is going on as to why there is so much difference now. Anyway, either there is user error on my part and/or there is something strange going on. But here you go.... Water vs WaterT @ 48k LPF at 60

Thank you! I knew I wasn't crazy. I just tested lpf 120 of waterT vs water @48 khz and the visible diffrerence is insane. I cant post images yet, because i am a new member.

Zaphod, could you maybe enlighten us with more insight in this difference? I love the way waterT handles the lpf at 120hz.
Old 3 days ago
Gear Head

maybe i am missing the point here. kinda looks like people are getting different readings per PD with the same settings. could it be the fault of PD or each's system run on and if you own the official then why bother with the trial? just to complain? i think one pointed out it was one way... then when tried again (same settings) and it was another way. ???

being analog emulations would it not vary with tolerance built into the code? as i understand the images taken of the hardware are just at that given time... would they not vary tolerances with the code based on the image? real analog sounds different and shows on analysis different each and every time you turn it off and turn it back on. i think some just WANT to complain... but again that is par for the course these days. if one sounds better than another (vst) then run with it. from the graphs it seems you all are splitting hairs.

this kinda reminds me of the firearm expert that knows 'everything' and has an opinion on firearms he has never used let alone owned. perfection is good to be chased but it will NEVER be attained.

just my 2 cents that ain't worth 2 cents anymore lol

cheers
Old 3 days ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jBranam View Post
maybe i am missing the point here. kinda looks like people are getting different readings per PD with the same settings. could it be the fault of PD or each's system run on and if you own the official then why bother with the trial? just to complain? i think one pointed out it was one way... then when tried again (same settings) and it was another way. ???
I don't really understand what happened with my testing and why I got different results. I'd recommend not reading anything into it. Nothing has been concluded about it. I could try and dig in futher and get to the bottom of it but I just don't have the time or inclination right now. But definitely consider not reading anything into my posted tests and creating any generalizations about it. It could have been user error.
Old 3 days ago
Lives for gear

Perfection is not being chased in this case. Uniformity and consistency are.
Old 3 days ago
Gear Head

amen plex not picking on error... just trying to state imo there may be built in variance (but should not be in PD) and i think there should be in reality. cheers mate

p.s. the perfection statement was in all things... not this specific case
Old 3 days ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardis View Post
Open a ticket they will respond.
Personally I think you ought to be able to sell the bundled plug ins without penalty but not my call!
I dont want to sell, i just want my tools to work
Old 3 days ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jBranam View Post

being analog emulations would it not vary with tolerance built into the code? as i understand the images taken of the hardware are just at that given time... would they not vary tolerances with the code based on the image? real analog sounds different and shows on analysis different each and every time you turn it off and turn it back on. i think some just WANT to complain...
Are you kidding me? I am super enthousiastic about all acusticas plugins. even had someone makeing me out for a shill recently. I am not complaining, i am noticing different behaviour. I tried water1's trial, then bought it. Then it sounds different than the trial. That is what i noticed and I wanted to know more about. It is your projection that i am complaining about things.
Old 3 days ago
Gear Head

Quote:
i think some just WANT to complain...
lol... how does one get 'me personally' out of the word 'some'? the word some is quite all encompassing... hence why i used it. try not to be so self-centered. i think if i wanted to section an individual out i would have. cheers
Old 3 days ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Thank you! I knew I wasn't crazy. I just tested lpf 120 of waterT vs water @48 khz and the visible diffrerence is insane. I cant post images yet, because i am a new member.

Zaphod, could you maybe enlighten us with more insight in this difference? I love the way waterT handles the lpf at 120hz.
Just guessing here.. It could be that there is no 48 kHz package for water trial, and possibly there is one for the purchased one. I've seen people reporting that sometimes the eq's can behave very differently, when it's used on the "wrong" sample rate.
Old 2 days ago
Here for the gear
Hi there... I'm quite new to posting here ... I own most of the Acqua plug ins and was wondering if there was a place to find preset ideas or screen shots of some plugin settings that really work for people...I've been fumbling around with them(the plugins) but i know there are people that know so much more about getting the best out of them...such as input gain.. little tricks that are specific to a particular plugin...etc. I like the starting points of the plugins that have presets built into them but so many of the plug ins don't have presets.. so I'm not sure if I'm getting the best out of them...I have read the manuals but my attention span is kinda short.. so any help would be awesome!! Thanks and have a great day!
Old 2 days ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by drdave007 View Post
Hi there... I'm quite new to posting here ... I own most of the Acqua plug ins and was wondering if there was a place to find preset ideas or screen shots of some plugin settings that really work for people...I've been fumbling around with them(the plugins) but i know there are people that know so much more about getting the best out of them...such as input gain.. little tricks that are specific to a particular plugin...etc. I like the starting points of the plugins that have presets built into them but so many of the plug ins don't have presets.. so I'm not sure if I'm getting the best out of them...I have read the manuals but my attention span is kinda short.. so any help would be awesome!! Thanks and have a great day!
I highly recommend picking up Plugin Doctor so that you can at least see some of what's going on with the different settings, since it isn't always obvious or intuitive.

I think it will be hard to get much from other people's settings because so much of that is dependent on the source material, and some of it will come down to personal taste. Really, you just have to play around with the plugins and over time you will learn their strengths and weaknesses. Maybe concentrate on one or two Acquas at a time so you don't get overwhelmed, because it is a lot to take in.
Old 2 days ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenMaster View Post
Just guessing here.. It could be that there is no 48 kHz package for water trial, and possibly there is one for the purchased one. I've seen people reporting that sometimes the eq's can behave very differently, when it's used on the "wrong" sample rate.
Think this might be my answer. thank you.

Also Big thanks to plexus for looking into it.
Old 2 days ago
Gear Head

hope so mate... i think i remember there was a discussion here a while back about the trial not having all sample packages but i also think it was about another plugin other than water. kinda hard to find these things over 800+ pages lol to me that makes no sense... trials should be just that... trial of the actual full product but on a timer. but i am an old fart and what do i know? lol cheers
Old 2 days ago
Here for the gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by valy View Post
I highly recommend picking up Plugin Doctor so that you can at least see some of what's going on with the different settings, since it isn't always obvious or intuitive.

Maybe concentrate on one or two Acquas at a time so you don't get overwhelmed, because it is a lot to take in.
Thanks for the advice! It seems as though I've been buying the acqua plug ins so fast it's hard for me to keep up with the learning!
Old 2 days ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcusticaCM View Post
We are releasing a new Core16 version of the engine for all plugins.
We added a small fix to some rendering issues in Wavelab. (VST3)
Preset loading should also be more stable.
As usual, keep in mind that this is an experimental version, i.e. avoid massive updates if you are using the products in commercial productions with a tight deadline, because something might not work as expected.
This is much safer than in the past anyway though, as Aquarius allows you to restore a previous version easily, just with a click.

Starting from the next plugin release, we will try a new way to distribute trial versions, maintaining compatibility with the commercial versions!
This is the reason why trial versions are momentarily misaligned: in case the new system proves stable and is working, we will have to reload all trial versions from scratch, and it is a complex operation.
Yet, it will be super useful to many people for a more realistic comparison with the final product
How soon do you expect these updates to be available? Thanks!
Old 2 days ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Think this might be my answer. thank you.

Also Big thanks to plexus for looking into it.
You're welcome. It's always interesting to see what you can find. It seems plausible that WaterT doesn't have 48k samples and SRC is causing the issue. It wouldn't be the first time SRC has caused audible issues that confuse people.
Old 2 days ago
Gear Guru
Quote:
Originally Posted by drdave007 View Post
Since I write and donโ€™t engineer I agree. You might try finding a comparable eq like free Slick eq from TDR. Take a look at the presets and try the settings to get you in the ballpark. Compressor same thing but less complex. Find an algo you like and copy the settings...

Diamond is very cool as easy to manipulate and like a Clariphonic, just makes nice boosts in the general areas...
Fun playing with and then you can branch out with different curves etc...

Less is more donโ€™t overdo it a few small tweaks is better than a large move...
Old 2 days ago
Gear Head
Quote:
Originally Posted by ardis View Post
Less is more donโ€™t overdo it a few small tweaks is better than a large move...
Depends on context of the mix or sound, for example; cutting, boosting, recording, Mixing, pre-mastering & etc.
Old 2 days ago
Company Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 31090291 View Post
How soon do you expect these updates to be available? Thanks!
Probably before July ends. We will keep you informed!
Old 2 days ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcusticaCM View Post
Probably before July ends. We will keep you informed!
That's great news thanks!
๐Ÿ“ Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
๐Ÿ–จ๏ธ Show Printable Version
โœ‰๏ธ Email this Page
๐Ÿ” Search thread
โ™พ๏ธ Similar Threads
๐ŸŽ™๏ธ View mentioned gear