The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Acustica audio acqua plugins general discussion
Old 6 days ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man in a Loft View Post
How do you do that? I just installd Logic 10.5 and it's super poppy despite my buffer setting.
Google that ish bro lol
Old 6 days ago
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightmosaic View Post
Google that ish bro lol
True.
Old 5 days ago
Gear Addict

not to get too off topic, but I've been surprised and impressed that the price of the iMac pro has stayed the same since its release in Dec 2017. I bought mine July 2018 after returning the first laptops apple released with the i9(I believe?) around that time. I remember bringing the i9 15 inch with 32 gb of ram home and doing a modest stress test and boy did that thing heat up with the fan coming on immediately, i think they made a few little improvements with an update but I knew it wasn't for me so I returned it and got the 8-core iMac pro with 64 gb of ram, with a $500 student discount it was a no brainer. To this day I don't think I've ever heard the fan come on on my iMac pro. But yeah just really surprised that a computer (and just so happens the one I bought) sells for the same price 2 and a half years later.

I use Ableton and Ableton can be a cpu pig, but the iMac pro with Ableton really does well(or should I say ok) with Aquas and others, or at least as well as it can. I've come accustomed to freezing and unfreezing everything anyways and mixing at a 2048 buffer, but my iMac pro can go quite far before coming to its knees.
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

Managed to get the London Acoustics Brighton comp working, very nice,
I see why everyone raved about it when it came out. So, basically, N4 is
sort of a wrapper, like Patchwork is for vst's in Pro Tools? The cpu hit was
lower with Brighton/N4 than a lot of my Acqua's. I'm tempted.
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by marchhare View Post
Managed to get the London Acoustics Brighton comp working, very nice,
I see why everyone raved about it when it came out. So, basically, N4 is
sort of a wrapper, like Patchwork is for vst's in Pro Tools? The cpu hit was
lower with Brighton/N4 than a lot of my Acqua's. I'm tempted.
Brighton works with the N4 "Player" too doesn't it?
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by MogwaiBoy View Post
Brighton works with the N4 "Player" too doesn't it?
Yes.
Old 5 days ago
Hi All,

Has anyone compared the new UAD-2 Neve 1084 Preamp to the Updated Gold3? We just purchased Gold3 Installing the over 3 gig Installer lol
Old 5 days ago
Company Rep

Extended promos!

EXTENDED!
#British Invasion promo. Save 55% off Sand & Gold

SAND3 is a VST/AAX/AU plug-in suite that reproduces the sonic behavior of a series of high-end British consoles which literally dominated the Pop and Rock scene of the '80s onward, while GOLD3 represents the ultimate choice for anyone willing to incorporate the sound of legendary vintage British consoles into their workflow.
This promo is valid from May 6 through June 3, 2020 (11:59 pm UTC+2), and is eligible for our Loyalty Coupon Program.
https://www.acustica-audio.com/store/marketplace

PURPLE3: 65% OFF Crazy Deal!
A brand 'new' filter and Core15 update! Get it now at a bargain price and add not 1, not 2 but 6 plug-ins to your studio collection.

This promo is valid from April 28 through June 3, 2020 (11:59 pm GMT+1), and is eligible for our Loyalty Coupon Program.
https://www.acustica-audio.com/store/products/purple
Old 5 days ago
HSi
Lives for gear

Damn, I only came on to see what people thought of Pink4, I have pink cm and love it, just wondering how much better it was.

Looks like i'll be checking n4 at that price.
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by HSi View Post
Damn, I only came on to see what people thought of Pink4, I have pink cm and love it, just wondering how much better it was.

Looks like i'll be checking n4 at that price.
It's worth it now. The official 3rd party libraries are great and it's a better default experience.
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

Ok, bought N4. Crashing PT when trying to save presets. Already sad.
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

Actually, crashes when trying to load anything, too. I figured since my Acquas
work pretty well in PT, this would too. What's weird is that I tried the free N4 player last night to
make sure it worked and had zero problems.
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
work pretty well in PT, this would too. What's weird is that I tried the free N4 player last night to
You uninstalled Player first, before installing Nebula 4 right? Those two are designed not to play nice .
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Using Aquarius, can you roll back to an older version of N4 and see if any of those work for you?

ÉDIT: oh yeah, what JoeyM said. I forgot about that issue.
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyM View Post
You uninstalled Player first, before installing Nebula 4 right? Those two are designed not to play nice .
You know what, no I didn't! Thanks!! Will try that right now.
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

N4 Player seems to have disappeared. Maybe N4 commercial deletes it when
you install? Also, there isn't any uninstall button in my Aquarius to remove
N4 Player.
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

Found the un-installer for N4 Player, un-installed, still crashing. From a quick
Google search, I'm not the only one who's had this problem. Anyone else?
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
N4 Player seems to have disappeared. Maybe N4 commercial deletes it when
you install? Also, there isn't any uninstall button in my Aquarius to remove
N4 Player.
You should uninstall N4 Player before installing N4.
You can Not have both installed.

In Aquarius you select your Updates page.
Find N4 Player and select Uninstall from the Drop Down version Menu.
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Found the un-installer for N4 Player, un-installed, still crashing. From a quick
Google search, I'm not the only one who's had this problem. Anyone else?
Try uninstalling N4Player and N4, then install N4 again.
Maybe restart your Mac after uninstalling both before reinstalling N4.
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatworld View Post
Try uninstalling N4Player and N4, then install N4 again.
Maybe restart your Mac after uninstalling both before reinstalling N4.
Tried, no luck. Thanks.
Old 4 days ago
Gear Nut
Quote:
Tried, no luck. Thanks.
My N4 gets crashy sometimes. When it does, I shut down my DAW, delete the Temp directory that resides in the main nebula directory, and then start the DAW again. Fixes my issue every time. Fingers crossed. Hope it helps.
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindafishy View Post
My N4 gets crashy sometimes. When it does, I shut down my DAW, delete the Temp directory that resides in the main nebula directory, and then start the DAW again. Fixes my issue every time. Fingers crossed. Hope it helps.
Is this on Mac or PC? Can't find main nebula directory anywhere.
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Tried, no luck. Thanks.
What I'd do is install CCleaner, clean it and clean registry and then uninstall CCleaner because it otherwise will make itself automatically on when you don't want it.

Just yesterday that procedure fixed something, can't remember.

Do you have the Everything desktop search engine? That too might turn up some files leftover that have player and N4 in the name. It's helped me in big ways before. Both of those apps are freeware.

I'm stumped, but you're going to love it when it's going; Nebula is inseparable from what is analog sound.
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyM View Post
What I'd do is install CCleaner, clean it and clean registry and then uninstall CCleaner because it otherwise will make itself automatically on when you don't want it.

Just yesterday that procedure fixed something, can't remember.

Do you have the Everything desktop search engine? That too might turn up some files leftover that have player and N4 in the name. It's helped me in big ways before. Both of those apps are freeware.

I'm stumped, but you're going to love it when it's going; Nebula is inseparable from what is analog sound.

Downloaded and ran Ccleaner. Found everything possible related to N4 or Nebula and deleted. Re-installed N4, re-installed just the compressors, same thing.
I can open up different comps a couple of times, then it crashes. Can't use Pro Tools presets, works once, then crashes instantly.
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

N4 replaces N4 player
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaphod View Post
N4 replaces N4 player
Hi, since your up, question, are Pro Tools presets not supported in N4?
I've managed to get it not to crash for a couple of minutes by not trying
to save anything, which would definitely be a workflow killer. Thanks.
Old 4 days ago
Here for the gear

Since I'm new to Acustica Audio, can somebody explain to me how this loyalty voucher program works? What's the minimum amount of plugins/paid sum you need to have in their webstore in order to get permanet 20%, 30% etc. price reductions as a loyal customer? Is there also a summer sale or does Acustica rely on year round sales of specific plugins at specific times?
Old 4 days ago
Company Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CulchuralMarxism View Post
Since I'm new to Acustica Audio, can somebody explain to me how this loyalty voucher program works? What's the minimum amount of plugins/paid sum you need to have in their webstore in order to get permanet 20%, 30% etc. price reductions as a loyal customer? Is there also a summer sale or does Acustica rely on year round sales of specific plugins at specific times?
Loyal Customer Discounts are sent automatically depending on how much you have spent in our web-shop, so different discount levels were established with various spending thresholds (they are dynamic)
The threshold for deserving a loyal customer discount coupon code is generally fixed at 500 euros spent in the Acustica Audio web-shop, but lower purchases will allow you to receive a smaller discount too.
NOTE: 3rd party products are not included in the list of products that can be purchased using an LCD.
Also, make sure that you have checked both boxes in your Gdpr Privacy Consent at your account: https://www.acustica-audio.com/store/account in order to receive them when applies.
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

After a few more hours of Googling and trying to make this work, I'm starting to
think that Nebula doesn't work properly in Pro Tools. From what I could tell,
it sounds great though.
Old 4 days ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcusticaCM View Post
Loyal Customer Discounts are sent automatically depending on how much you have spent in our web-shop, so different discount levels were established with various spending thresholds (they are dynamic)
The threshold for deserving a loyal customer discount coupon code is generally fixed at 500 euros spent in the Acustica Audio web-shop, but lower purchases will allow you to receive a smaller discount too.
NOTE: 3rd party products are not included in the list of products that can be purchased using an LCD.
Also, make sure that you have checked both boxes in your Gdpr Privacy Consent at your account: https://www.acustica-audio.com/store/account in order to receive them when applies.
Thanks for the info! When you cross the 500 euro line, do you get a single voucher or do you get permament discounts on all plugins from then on out?

Also, is there usually a summer sale in June or do you spread it across the whole year?

Since I can't really guess what kind of hardware is modeled from names like coffee or jade, is there a go-to emulation for 70s/80s hard rock/heavy metal?
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search