The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Acustica audio acqua plugins general discussion
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Guru
Anyone else having problems with discount code?
Old 4 weeks ago
Company Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardis View Post
Anyone else having problems with discount code?
Remember to log in to your account first.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Guru
Quote:
Originally Posted by AcusticaCM View Post
Remember to log in to your account first.
Duh! I'm a bonehead!.... thx.....
Old 4 weeks ago
Company Rep

Quote:
Duh! I'm a bonehead!.... thx.....
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Head

What a fantastic surprise for a cold and thankless Monday. I didn't even have El Ray on my radar before today. (I mean, just a compressor, for $300?) But today I had to try it to see if it was worth the $54 it would cost me today. And yeah ... yeah, it was very worth it. The most astonishing thing was how nice it seems to be as just a color box, even with next to no compression dialed in.

Thank you so much, Acustica!
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Head

woohoo, now that's put a smile on faces, all hail acustica!
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonStrom View Post
It would be great, if AQUARIUS

had a page with 4 columns
DEMO - PURCHASED - INSTALLED (VST/VST3 etc) - UP TO DATE/UPDATE AVAILABLE,

where i have an actual overview over all my ACUSTICA plugins
plus have buttons for install and remove.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeNto View Post
Can someone tell me if it can cause a problem if i delete a few 88 khz samples from the aqua folders? If I only work with 44khz.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonStrom View Post
that task could also be added, if AQUARIUS would be more efficient, like said above:

another thing weird with AQUARIUS: why are trial versions included on the "PURCHASED" page?

the whole thing really should be on one page...

also, i just had the case that ableton "warned" me, that TITANIUM 3 is "broken" and cannot be used (so i had to reinstall it".
it would also be great, if AQUARIUS could "know" such damages.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Finally got El Rey
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Guru
Quote:
Originally Posted by M Albazy View Post
Finally got El Rey
Nice ain’t it!
With Celestial and Taupe finishing to die for!....
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Head

I‘m feeling like an idiot, having paid serious cash for ElRey not that long ago
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Nice ain’t it!
With Celestial and Taupe finishing to die for!....
Yeah I like the way it distort, also it's fast/easy to setup and get it right while mixing.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Head
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5 Cent View Post
If it was very recent it’s worth hitting up support as they’ve taken care of people in past who were in similar situation. Not gospel just something I heard on here
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Not such an idiot - the more money you’ve actually spent will result in higher future discounts with the vouchers
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Head

@ BobMaloogalooga no, not recent enough
@ djrustycans no, plateauing at 55%
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
[MENTION=445648]
@ djrustycans no, plateauing at 55%
Probably because when you reach that point, there's really not much left to buy.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

AA playing a (somewhat) dangerous game here, starting to look like Waves/PA. No one will by plugins at normal (i.e. high) value at this rate.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synth Buddha View Post
Probably because when you reach that point, there's really not much left to buy.
I started buying them before the mega discounts were established. Got me relatively fast to the point where I received 40-50% vouchers. Long before I had them all (Acquas)...

The recent discounts never really bothered me. Not even the all-in for $999. Feels different with the Rey though. To me at least. Don’t know exactly why. Maybe because it has become kind of a secret sauce for certain signals... When I bought it, I did not pay the full price. But still well above $100. This morning I read on fb that one guy scored it for thirty something. This is ridiculous for such a premium plugin.

However, hope all the new Reyers enjoy what it does

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0se View Post
No one will by plugins at normal (i.e. high) value at this rate.
Agreed... lesson learned

Last edited by 5 Cent; 4 weeks ago at 04:49 PM.. Reason: Added details
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by drezz View Post
Viridian seems to not get discussed here, which to me, is kind of a shame, as i cosider it to be one of the finest Aqua's on the scene. It really is a great tone box, such a lovely sound capable from that unit...............

I really like Viridian. It's my got to for quick but powerful and great sounding boosts. It's an instant 'betterzier'. One tweak of a knob and the sound is perfect.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Of course Acustica can do whatever they want with prices, but maybe they can change their resale policy as well. Got a few Aqua's I'm not using but they're now impossible to sell because of the high transfer costs.
Old 4 weeks ago
Company Rep

Quote:
AA playing a (somewhat) dangerous game here, starting to look like Waves/PA. No one will by plugins at normal (i.e. high) value at this rate.

* Behind the scenes *

Quote from sirgregwells
"Speaking with Giancarlo and Luca this weekend at NAMM, I floated the idea of a price drop on El Rey as many people have told me they’d like to own it but it’s too pricey. I woke up today to the news that it was going on sale at a 78% discount!!! How cool! The sale is valid until Feb. 3 on the Acustica Audio website. Presets from Spike Stent, Serban Ghenea, Alan Meyerson, and many of my favorite engineers"
https://www.instagram.com/p/B7kWLcUhGG4/
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mplay View Post
Of course Acustica can do whatever they want with prices, but maybe they can change their resale policy as well. Got a few Aqua's I'm not using but they're now impossible to sell because of the high transfer costs.
Yeah the resale thing is a bit of a bummer, you end up losing money.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcusticaCM View Post
* Behind the scenes *

Quote from sirgregwells
"Speaking with Giancarlo and Luca this weekend at NAMM, I floated the idea of a price drop on El Rey as many people have told me they’d like to own it but it’s too pricey. I woke up today to the news that it was going on sale at a 78% discount!!! How cool! The sale is valid until Feb. 3 on the Acustica Audio website. Presets from Spike Stent, Serban Ghenea, Alan Meyerson, and many of my favorite engineers"
https://www.instagram.com/p/B7kWLcUhGG4/
To be fair, if AA/Greg wanted it in more hands it could have been sold for less during release. It was priced high as a decision from all involved (for maximum return). Now it's no longer a 'hot' release, a discount will pull people back and earn more revenue from a different tier of buyers.

Sales 101 innit.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
To be fair, if AA/Greg wanted it in more hands it could have been sold for less during release. It was priced high as a decision from all involved (for maximum return). Now it's no longer a 'hot' release, a discount will pull people back and earn more revenue from a different tier of buyers.

Sales 101 innit.
They should give a special voucher to spend on any plugin, to those who have bought at full price. Just my 2 cents...
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear
So I got this in the mail:

" Blue Monday is claimed to be the most depressing day of the year.

Now, this crazy deal should make you smile instead!

Get El Rey at an unmissable price and save over €200!*"

Considering I paid few times more than the promo price I am not sure how this should make me smile.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

I agree with b0se. Dangerous game! Fast money is always for a short time! I think you pissed off more people than you can imagine. The whole thing will certainly lead to consequences. I would not advise you to continue playing this game because I don't think you want to scare off your loyal customers if it is not too late. Here is an example of the consequence:

wait. . .

wait. . .

buy pensadoeq with 80% off
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear
I passed on Modula for this reason. I probably would like it but I'll wait until it is £29.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Nut

I bought El Rey during the initial offer when it was $100+ . I don't regret doing that and I'm glad I've been able to use it on many projects since then. Personally I don't have anything against flash sales as I've picked up some great deals on high quality plugs with sales like that. The way I look at it it all kind of evens out in the end, I'm glad to get a good deal when I can and if I need something at a particular time and I can afford the asking price I'll go ahead and buy it.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Amazing deal on El Ray - thankyou Acustica - you really are the best !!!
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Nut

Mmmm that El Rey sale just rubbed me in all the right ways
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

I don't think I've bought a single AA plugin at full price. Since Pink v1, my strategy has been: pay intro price, use coupon if possible, or wait for a sale... surely many others do the same. Very probably AA get more revenue from discount sales than from full-price sales, I don't see them changing their sale system any soon.

As with Plugin Alliance, you have to know to play plugin poker, and find the right moment to buy. If I like one of AA new releases, I pay intro price minus loyalty coupon. If in doubt of a plugin, I'll pass or maybe wait for a crazy 70% discount sale and then use the coupon on top of that.

Like it or not, AA sets the rules of the game, so you have to try and make the best out of it and time your purchases correctly. No plugin is going to prevent you from finishing a mix, so you have to be patient and find the right spot to buy...
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search