The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Acustica audio acqua plugins general discussion
Old 20th July 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by candyflip View Post
On a recent mix I even preferred the IK 80+456 over the real M15 you can use remotely via Mixanalog. The M15 was a teeny bit wooly/flubby in the low mids, well that or the IK cleaned up my low mids
Says it all! 80+456 is my mixbus favourite also.

Interest piqued Will!
Old 20th July 2019
Lives for gear

Dammit .... You guys enabled me to buy the IK tape collection! I demoed it before and really liked it, but thought I could live without it. But after seeing these comments and then going to the IK thread and reading comments there, I wanted to try it more and ended up just purchasing it. I am a true slut.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

rosewood - have you got Taupe ? how does it compare to the ik one ?
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajscent View Post
My understanding is that the Ik tapes can distort, compress... Just like a tape. Taupe is limited in this regard, but you have lots of frequency/phase profiles to play with !
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
No, I don't have Taupe, but I've trialed it a couple times. I like it. I chose the IK Tape though because they use a mixture of convolution and programming to make things more tweakable, and it will compress and saturate when pushed. So it's just a bit more flexible than Taupe. It can bring lots of vibe to the table and allow you to really dial in the sound. It doesn't sound "plastic" or "cartoony" in comparison to other tape emulations too, if you ask me. Taupe doesn't sound plasticy or cartoonish either, though.

I wouldn't mind getting Taupe at some point too to combine them. They're both great for different scenarios imo.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

i will give it a go at some point - i have bought taupe which is really nice - got it when it was cheap. cheers rose always appreciate your viewpoint. I have got into true iron - its really useful.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
I see use case for both. IK for transient heavy material e.g. 808 drums - Taupe most of its presets can't handle it because of the laser artifacts. On other material with soft transients Taupe gives you more options in terms of texture, but you cannot push it as hard as IK.
Both have comparable quality though which is amazing.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Nut

There is a video on the Acustica Facebook page with limited use discount codes for a number of plugins including N4.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Maniac
Yup, worked for Ruby... 70eur for it is the best deal possible!!!

Last edited by kuulart; 4 weeks ago at 01:13 PM.. Reason: grammar
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuulart View Post
Yup, worked for Ruby... 70eur for it is the best deal possible!!!
WTF! i tried Ruby and there was no reduction
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsYAuM View Post
oops missing letter
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Nut
Got N4 for a whopping 120 EUR... What a day
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Nut

Got Navy for 33 EUR!
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Guess I'll miss out -- no Facebook here. Thank G*d.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Head

For the lazy and/or FB haters: code is strangercode100 lol.

Not valid on third party libraries though.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudioHeaven View Post

Thanks Heaven! It's mostly dislike but no laziness on my behalf... I actually attempted to 'renew' my FB account (temporarily) to view the video, but for security purposes had to have a code sent to my phone, which of course is a 10-year old number that hasn't been used in ages.

So I figured I'd create a 'band' page for my music project... which requires my main account, which I can't access. Just as well, I guess.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Head

From their Facebook:

EDIT: we just hit 100 purchases BUT given the high number of requests, we have decided to raise the limit to 1000 to give all interested people more margin.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
From their Facebook:

EDIT: we just hit 100 purchases BUT given the high number of requests, we have decided to raise the limit to 1000 to give all interested people more margin.
Thanks for keeping us non-FBers in the loop AH.

I dithered for some time on what I was going to purchase and figured I better pull the trigger before it expires.

Just bought Ruby2 and Crimson for $125. Which is insane. AA basically said here, have $25 off Crimson, and we'll throw in Ruby for *free*.

My dithering was over N4. I'll probably regret it later. But... still have to buy Gullfoss in the next day before the $99 beta price expires. First world problems.

Ruby2 + Crimson for $125. Insane.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by swartzfeger View Post
Thanks for keeping us non-FBers in the loop AH.

I dithered for some time on what I was going to purchase and figured I better pull the trigger before it expires.

Just bought Ruby2 and Crimson for $125. Which is insane. AA basically said here, have $25 off Crimson, and we'll throw in Ruby for *free*.

My dithering was over N4. I'll probably regret it later. But... still have to buy Gullfoss in the next day before the $99 beta price expires. First world problems.

Ruby2 + Crimson for $125. Insane.
Coral + Cola for 59 lol!
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

I got Ruby2 for 70 Euros. :O
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

As mentioned in the Nebula thread -- plan your purchases.

Don't be like me and decide to go back and purchase Nebula4 or another Acqua -- one time use per user.

I'm still in shock over stealing Ruby2 for €70/$80, so missing out on N4 doesn't bother me a bit.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by swartzfeger View Post
As mentioned in the Nebula thread -- plan your purchases.

Don't be like me and decide to go back and purchase Nebula4 or another Acqua -- one time use per user.

I'm still in shock over stealing Ruby2 for €70/$80, so missing out on N4 doesn't bother me a bit.
I was an idiot and didn't put Coral2 in the bundle .... It would've been so inexpensive. I just jumped at the fact that the coupons were limited and quickly scooped up Ruby. Oh well .... I'm happy.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

I didnt realise it was one coupon per user - bought the crimson for great price - went for the N4 after only to realise its one coupon per user

If your buying MAKE SURE you add everything you really need - super price 70 per cent off
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Does anyone know the details on the 1.4.279 update that was in Aquarius? Coral2 and Honey3 both got bumped with minor updates.

Cola (most recent Acqua) is at 1.4.278. I shouldn't obsess over these things but if I'm not recording I need something to pass the time after I walk the dog.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

oh wow ..

Nebula for 120 EUR

or

Coral & Cola for under 60 EUR

Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Couldn't resist, just got Pink3 for 60 euro.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Addict
Quote:

Goooood damn it man!!
Now i had to purchase!!! :P
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

wow still stunned !!

what a day !
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Very generous, thanks Acustica
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Quote:
oops missing letter
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search