The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Acustica audio acqua plugins general discussion
Old 13th June 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted brenn View Post
Hello,

I have almost All AQUA Plugins and recently, I had issues with Upgrade. Aquamarine VST 3 , Big Ceil VST3 , and some others.

The problem is that some settings are changing with the VST 3 Version.

For example, with BIG CEIL, when I reload a song, the Threshold is always set at the maximum :-(
Or with aquamarine, the threshold is moving from minimum to max very fast and all the time when playing the song.
etc...

Then, I reload the VST2 Version of all New updates, and no more trouble.

Am i alone ?

Did I do something wrong ?

Thanks for advice.

Ted.

I've a Mac Pro Late 2013 - 12 Cores - 128 Gb Ram - Hight Sierra - Reaper.
I don't know if it's related, but I read that bugs occur with acqua vst3. I only install/use vst2 acquas for this reason.
Old 13th June 2019
Lives for gear
I still don't use VST3 with AA, they've always caused problems for me. It's a fairly common reported issue among others.
Old 13th June 2019
Gear Nut

I've just bought Amber3, primarily to use preamp 2 on the master after reading about it here. Anyone know what preamp 2 is from? The unofficial list doesn't have any details on the preamps.
Old 14th June 2019
Gear Maniac

I downloaded the AU vs - should i be using vst vs ? is there a benefit ? ( the one big prob ive had is Lemon - its been chomping my power like a man having a feast after a marathon )
Old 14th June 2019
Lives for gear

Au, aax and vst3 will get a proper update, we'll support also sidechain in a better way
We are also migrating the code to new compilers for Mac os, and debugging it further.
Old 14th June 2019
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaphod View Post
Au, aax and vst3 will get a proper update, we'll support also sidechain in a better way
We are also migrating the code to new compilers for Mac os, and debugging it further.
acoustica - your so great - I've bought 6 in just 6 days - sooo good.
Old 14th June 2019
Gear Head

Quote:
Au, aax and vst3 will get a proper update
joyful anticipation
Old 14th June 2019
Gear Maniac
IK Multimedia have released a tape plugin, apparently using "dynamic convolution". Has anyone checked it out? Compared it to Taupe? https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/trtapemac/
Old 14th June 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy McGroarty View Post
IK Multimedia have released a tape plugin, apparently using "dynamic convolution". Has anyone checked it out? Compared it to Taupe? https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/trtapemac/
There are some comparisons to Taupe in the dedicated threads, both here on GS and at KVR.
Bmanic touches on the issue in the KVR thread.
Old 14th June 2019
Lives for gear
Quote:
I think they're excellent & prefer them over Taupe which is static. With IK's you can drive the inputs, sounds closer to tape than many others. I'm using them on mixes, mastering, asst. tracks but not for heavy mangling. The models are all different, they can be smooth, warm, punchy etc.. very nice collection.
Old 15th June 2019
Gear Addict
Quote:
It’s really good. Like REALLY good. Love my AA plugins and want to love Taupe but it’s too static compared to an algorithm. Especially where it counts, in the low end... Anyway the IK Tapes really do a smash up job.
Old 15th June 2019
Lives for gear

Next "upgrade" on Monday!
Old 15th June 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by zedsdeadbaby View Post
It’s really good. Like REALLY good. Love my AA plugins and want to love Taupe but it’s too static compared to an algorithm. Especially where it counts, in the low end... Anyway the IK Tapes really do a smash up job.
It's funny, Taupe is the one Acqua I like more and more that I use it... I'm really starting to pick up on the subtle compression stuff. I'll try IK but I dislike their rack/central software thing almost as much as I dislike Waves Central.

Have you ever used TB RealBus 4? That seems to get a lot of attention. Curious how IK stacks up.

Quote:
Next "upgrade" on Monday!
Hints, please!
Old 15th June 2019
Gear Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by swartzfeger View Post
It's funny, Taupe is the one Acqua I like more and more that I use it... I'm really starting to pick up on the subtle compression stuff. I'll try IK but I dislike their rack/central software thing almost as much as I dislike Waves Central.

Have you ever used TB RealBus 4? That seems to get a lot of attention. Curious how IK stacks up.

Hints, please!
I haven't. I had some TB plugins years ago but thought they were pretty middle of the road... That said I haven't checked them out in forever so wouldn't be surprised if they've gotten much better.

I don't dislike Taupe per se, (the tape module, other modules are great). But to me it functions more like a static EQ curve with light saturation and dynamic characteristics.. (The dynamic behavior's also too static for my taste.)

The other thing is that it doesn't fatten up the way tape does when you deliberately smack it around a little. I guess I'd describe it as missing the 'spank' factor. (Which I feel the IK plugins do really well.)
Old 15th June 2019
Gear Maniac
Quote:
we'll support also sidechain in a better way.
That's great news! The quadro channel works ok, but a bit tedious to set up.
I really miss sidechain implementation in IVORY4 (3B) multiband and DMI studio LIFT2 as I often use these on my stereobus. Then it would be so easy to make correct stems to my clients.
Old 16th June 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvfur View Post
That's great news! The quadro channel works ok, but a bit tedious to set up.
I really miss sidechain implementation in IVORY4 (3B) multiband and DMI studio LIFT2 as I often use these on my stereobus. Then it would be so easy to make correct stems to my clients.
Exactly
Old 16th June 2019
Lives for gear
Hey all, Ive been out for a bit working. Anyone have confirmation on when the Ultramarine 4 intro sale will end? I don't want to miss it but Im still on my evaluation period. Thanks. Hope all is well with you all
Old 16th June 2019
Gear Addict

I bought the Puremagnetik Verv synth a few weeks ago, put it in my plugin folder and now the guis of all my acqua plugins are messed up looking like deformed creations of that Verv synth with some buttons left from the original acquas.

I tried removing Verv from the plugin folder, but the acqua guis are still messed up.

I think I remember someone having similar problems here...what was the solution?
Old 16th June 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deff J View Post
I bought the Puremagnetik Verv synth a few weeks ago, put it in my plugin folder and now the guis of all my acqua plugins are messed up looking like deformed creations of that Verv synth with some buttons left from the original acquas.

I tried removing Verv from the plugin folder, but the acqua guis are still messed up.

I think I remember someone having similar problems here...what was the solution?
First time I hear about this
Old 16th June 2019
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deff J View Post

I have had the same problem with some Hornet plugins and one more eq plugin. But I could get the guis back by restarting Reaper and not using those plugins.
This issue was only with VST2 versions of Aquas. I contacted support and they aaid to clean the reaper cache and closed the issue.
In the end I am not using the hornet sw34 and the other eq which is causing this issue.
Old 16th June 2019
Lives for gear

Honey 3 confirmed. They will probably release it tomorrow.

Bought it not a long time ago, and it's a nice eq. Let's see what more they'll bring this time.
Old 16th June 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by SameOh View Post

Bought it not a long time ago, and it's a nice eq. Let's see what more they'll bring this time.
I bought it, really liked it, LOVED the filters but didn’t use it much. The EQ seemed to be super easy to dial in and ‘never suck’ similar to Pink. Really excited to revisit Honey.
Old 16th June 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3
It's gonna be one special monday then.
Old 16th June 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:

Where did you see it confirmed? Nothing on their site or IG yet (and the coupon I received today still says Honey2... occasionally their emails have pre-leaked the next release).
Old 16th June 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by swartzfeger View Post
Where did you see it confirmed? Nothing on their site or IG yet (and the coupon I received today still says Honey2... occasionally their emails have pre-leaked the next release).
On Acustica's facebook page.

Giancarlo first posted "Nest upgrade on Monday". Then he posted a big jar of real honey...

So, I guess there isn't too much else to interpret.
Old 16th June 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
On Acustica's facebook page.

Giancarlo first posted "Nest upgrade on Monday". Then he posted a big jar of real honey...

So, I guess there isn't too much else to interpret.
Are you 100% certain that it wasn’t a jar of sand?
Old 16th June 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjmwpg View Post
I hope I am. Otherwise, I would have real problems doing grocery shopping.
Old 16th June 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:

Old 17th June 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Maybe a dig in the Sand, and pull out an update of CORAL.
Old 17th June 2019
Gear Maniac

Or he is colorblind and it means GREEN..? No..? No..
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search