The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Acustica audio acqua plugins general discussion
Old 30th May 2019
Lives for gear

Curious if any Sand2 users here have demoed or used Satson CS alongside Sand.
Old 31st May 2019
Gear Maniac
Do you guys have issues with (some) Aqua plugins after switching sample buffer size?

So lets say I'm mixing and set buffer size to 1024, all audio files, no problem, and can use a lot more Aqua plugins (still need to start freezing tracks after a while).

Now I save this project, set the buffer size to 256, open the same project again, and the unfrozen Aquas go completely bonkers. Especially Lemon, which I often have on send channels (so no freezing), it often makes this buzzy "digital" sounding thing, sometimes does not make sound etc. Sounds like the plugin "saves" its own buffer size settings when inserted?

Anyone knows whats up? Very annoying... You can only solve it if you completely delete the plugin and reset a new one to the same settings OR you correctly guess the original buffer size of the project when the plugin was inserted.
Old 31st May 2019
Lives for gear

BUFFERS are not under DAW parameter control. They are property of the plugin engine.
Old 31st May 2019
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJHollins View Post
BUFFERS are not under DAW parameter control. They are property of the plugin engine.
What does that mean? Buffers are usually set via your audio card driver. It's not a DAW nor a plugin control.

Probably since Aquas do downsampling/upsampling buffer size is important to them
Old 31st May 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by erwinor View Post
Does this mean that if for example someone bought UM 4 at 119€, has to pay 180€ plus 25€ transfer fee to be able to sell it???
from what i understand... if UM4 full price is $180 and you bought it for $119, you need to pay $86 ($61 the amount that you saved plus $25 transfer fee) to Acustica in order to sell it. if you're able to get $100 for it, you walk away with $14.
Old 31st May 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by breakline View Post
What does that mean? Buffers are usually set via your audio card driver. It's not a DAW nor a plugin control.

Probably since Aquas do downsampling/upsampling buffer size is important to them
Nebula, N4, and ACQUAs each have an 'internal' BUFFER. Notice that there are generally 2 versions of each plugin ... Normal, and ZL.

It is important to understand how all these BUFFERS [Soundcard, plugins] are inter-dependent. If you set your soundcard buffer to 1024, this is generally the same buffer size default for an Acqua plugin. If then change soundcard buffer to 256, the Operating System has to make 4 calls to 'fill' the Acqua plugin. [VERY GENERALLY speaking].

Buffers are a 'Balancing Act'. Particularly with systems not on the bleeding edge.

We have noted that this can vary from one computer to another [so many influencing factors].
Old 31st May 2019
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJHollins View Post
Nebula, N4, and ACQUAs each have an 'internal' BUFFER. Notice that there are generally 2 versions of each plugin ... Normal, and ZL.

It is important to understand how all these BUFFERS [Soundcard, plugins] are inter-dependent. If you set your soundcard buffer to 1024, this is generally the same buffer size default for an Acqua plugin. If then change soundcard buffer to 256, the Operating System has to make 4 calls to 'fill' the Acqua plugin. [VERY GENERALLY speaking].

Buffers are a 'Balancing Act'. Particularly with systems not on the bleeding edge.

We have noted that this can vary from one computer to another [so many influencing factors].
So then it can happen that by reloading a project this does not happen? So you have a mismatch between audio card/external buffer size and internal/Aqua buffer size, causing issues?
Old 31st May 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
So then it can happen that by reloading a project this does not happen? So you have a mismatch between audio card/external buffer size and internal/Aqua buffer size, causing issues?
I've tried to go back to your initial post about this.

With your soundcard buffer set at 1024 ... everything plays back fine. ok.
Project Saved.

Then, you change your soundcard buffer to 256, reload the project, but now plays with issues.

Seems your computer cannot handle the Project load.

I'm not aware of any issue like this being made to the beta-test team in this regard.

If you re-load the project at the known working buffer of 1024 ... is there an issue with playback?

sidenote: there have been times when my computer decides to do some background 'activities' when I have been working on a track [plenty of Acquas, N4, Algo plugs with high over-sampling], and it did cause playback jittering.
I viewed the 'Task Manager', but nothing seemed wrong.

I have also had times with my DAW [upon quiting], was actually still running in the TaskManager [had to kill it].

2. I've only 16 gigs of RAM. When I close a major Session, there is plenty of Disk/RAM cleanup going after the close. [now that RAM prices are more normal, I'll be ordering 32 gig update].

Lastly ... maybe someone else will spot your post with a similar situation ... but to this date, I've not read this in any of the multiple threads.

Wish I could be more helpful ....
Old 31st May 2019
Here for the gear
Hi.
One week ago I bought Ultramarine 4.
Comressor is software emulation of Fairchild 670.
But, what about EQs and reverb? What exactly EQ A-27 and A-64 emultes? And the same for A-58 reverb. I'm googled. But didn't get any results.
Old 31st May 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexZander View Post
Hi.
One week ago I bought Ultramarine 4.
Comressor is software emulation of Fairchild 670.
But, what about EQs and reverb? What exactly EQ A-27 and A-64 emultes? And the same for A-58 reverb. I'm googled. But didn't get any results.
https://www.worthpoint.com/worthoped...tube-135319292

http://www.steampoweredradio.com/pdf...0equalizer.pdf

https://www.google.com/search?ei=bd_...60.t_UOfSGHB8Y
Old 31st May 2019
tcc
Here for the gear

Satson CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by swartzfeger View Post
Curious if any Sand2 users here have demoed or used Satson CS alongside Sand.
I’m also wondering about this.
Old 31st May 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcc View Post
I’m also wondering about this.
I only demoed quickly because there were some pretty ridiculous demo restrictions — no oversampling and no CPU optimizations. So there was no point in setting up a full test session with my Acquas and nebulas to see how they all got along with my i7.

Sound — I thought it sounded great. More relaxed/musical than Sand? Can’t really say, once I saw the demo limitations I listened for a few minutes and uninstalled. I’d definitely recommend Sonimus if the demo restrictions don’t bother you. Initial impressions were really good.

bx_Console is on sale the next few days so I’m going to demo those tonight.
Old 31st May 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Do you guys have issues with (some) Aqua plugins after switching sample buffer size?

So lets say I'm mixing and set buffer size to 1024, all audio files, no problem, and can use a lot more Aqua plugins (still need to start freezing tracks after a while).

Now I save this project, set the buffer size to 256, open the same project again, and the unfrozen Aquas go completely bonkers. Especially Lemon, which I often have on send channels (so no freezing), it often makes this buzzy "digital" sounding thing, sometimes does not make sound etc. Sounds like the plugin "saves" its own buffer size settings when inserted?

Anyone knows whats up? Very annoying... You can only solve it if you completely delete the plugin and reset a new one to the same settings OR you correctly guess the original buffer size of the project when the plugin was inserted.
yes. I get that buzzy distortion sounds like bit degrader or I can get noise explosions (pink3)

email AA they'll tell you to upgrade your cpu
Old 31st May 2019
Gear Nut

Has anyone tried the new libraries from Prime Studio yet? I wonder how good their new compressor Solid is, I downloaded the trail version but it's not showing up in Aquarius, sometimes it takes awhile, just wondering how it sounds though...
Old 31st May 2019
Gear Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam A View Post
Has anyone tried the new libraries from Prime Studio yet? I wonder how good their new compressor Solid is, I downloaded the trail version but it's not showing up in Aquarius, sometimes it takes awhile, just wondering how it sounds though...
Remember you have to login with your Prime Studio account in aquarius to see their plugins. Make sure password is different to your AA account too otherwise won’t work
Old 31st May 2019
Gear Maniac

Hi, anyone using ruby have this: If using th ZL version, when I switch on the preamp I'm loosing all sound above 10kHz. Takes a couple of seconds before it happens..
Old 1st June 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
SOLID is FLIPPING AWESOME!!!!!
Old 1st June 2019
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomheavybeats View Post
Remember you have to login with your Prime Studio account in aquarius to see their plugins. Make sure password is different to your AA account too otherwise won’t work
I register in Prime Studio site, with the same Email address than my Acustica account. Then, Is it possible to find the Studio Prime Plugins in the same Aquarius window with Acustica plugins?
Old 1st June 2019
Gear Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted brenn View Post
I register in Prime Studio site, with the same Email address than my Acustica account. Then, Is it possible to find the Studio Prime Plugins in the same Aquarius window with Acustica plugins?
Use same email no problem but has to be different passwords. Switch between accounts in Aquarius
Old 1st June 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
What I liked about solid was the saturation and the control it has. as a compressor I prefer l-bus
Old 1st June 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by denork View Post
What I liked about solid was the saturation and the control it has. as a compressor I prefer l-bus
My findings also.
Old 1st June 2019
Gear Addict

I'm sure this has been already discussed, but I'm in the middle of a huge project (mixing a full album with tons of parts) and I would LOVE so much to have the option to save presets in Acqua plugins. Don't know about other DAWs, but I'm in Ableton and as far as I know this is not possible yet.

I ended up making screenshots of every single setting in order to save some valuable studio time, but...
Old 1st June 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by abecedari View Post
I'm sure this has been already discussed, but I'm in the middle of a huge project (mixing a full album with tons of parts) and I would LOVE so much to have the option to save presets in Acqua plugins. Don't know about other DAWs, but I'm in Ableton and as far as I know this is not possible yet.

I ended up making screenshots of every single setting in order to save some valuable studio time, but...
Utilise a custom folder system in you User Library section. Save ableton presets for your plugins in custom named folders for each plugin. Use the colour coding options to provide quick access to favourites.
Old 1st June 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by abecedari View Post

I didn't know ableton has this limitation: despite the fact several plugins have a preset system, this should be a business of the daw, not the plugin.
Plugin should be a dsp engine, not a complex world of cut&paste features, reiterated again and again, at least imho

There is a quick solution: if you load the plugin using nebula 4 or nebula 4 player, basically they implement a preset system. It's a pain, because you should load plugins indirectly - so way more clicks.

Possibly in the future we'll wrap all our plugins with the player, so you'll have a set of functionalities always implemented
Old 1st June 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick_ View Post
SOLID is FLIPPING AWESOME!!!!!
It is a close match, very close match of funky junk compressor. They allowed the endorsement, because so closely matched.
Thank you for the heads up, I worked on that project directly.
Old 1st June 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomheavybeats View Post
Use same email no problem but has to be different passwords. Switch between accounts in Aquarius
We are working on that
Old 1st June 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by swartzfeger View Post
I only demoed quickly because there were some pretty ridiculous demo restrictions — no oversampling and no CPU optimizations. So there was no point in setting up a full test session with my Acquas and nebulas to see how they all got along with my i7.

Sound — I thought it sounded great. More relaxed/musical than Sand? Can’t really say, once I saw the demo limitations I listened for a few minutes and uninstalled. I’d definitely recommend Sonimus if the demo restrictions don’t bother you. Initial impressions were really good.

bx_Console is on sale the next few days so I’m going to demo those tonight.
despite the appearance, it is a design completely different from sand
Old 1st June 2019
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaphod View Post
It is a close match, very close match of funky junk compressor. I worked on that project directly.
hey man, I own almost all Acustica Aqua plugins and I am very faithful. Why don't you propose this plugin ? Why should I spend my money to another company ?

Will you released something like that quiet soon ?
Old 1st June 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaphod View Post
despite the appearance, it is a design completely different from sand
Zaphod please don’t misconstrue... I love Sand. BusB is pure magic. I’m just always on the lookout for lighter CPU plugins to help alongside Acquas.

How is Sand3 shaping up? Scarlet3? Honey3? Green4? We need updates! :D
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search