The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Acustica audio acqua plugins general discussion Effects Pedals, Units & Accessories
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Nut

Once again thank you for the Pink 3 update.

I feel like the compressors have gained some punch, weight and definition (no more blanket on the highs).

This is something i almost noticed with every core 13 update

Thank you, Pink is still my favorite channel strip.

I can't wait to hear Core 13 on Crimson
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by stella645 View Post
So did you check the folder....are there any files still there?
Yes I 've check, the folder is empty without any folders or files inside. It's just an instalation folder.

It could be awesome if we have the choice of install only 44k or only 48k or 44k and 96k via aquarius.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Anyone else getting a GUI bug on PINK3EQ, Model D? The HF band selects some in-between frequencies. The 7k selection also is offset. Most visible when using a mouse scrollwheel to make the selection.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Nut
Quote:
Originally Posted by doom64 View Post
Anyone else getting a GUI bug on PINK3EQ, Model D? The HF band selects some in-between frequencies. The 7k selection also is offset. Most visible when using a mouse scrollwheel to make the selection.
I noticed that too, but did not pay much attention to it.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0se View Post

Cool, look forward to your thoughts
Hey!

Here is how I set up the Reaper/Live configuration:

First, make sure you have REAROUTE ASIO installed with Reaper - for some reason this isn't a default on the install, so if you don't have it you'll need to reinstall reaper and tick the 'install REAROUTE' box when you get to the install customisation bit. It's easy to find.

Then you need to open Reaper, arm your channel, select 'Stereo > Rearoute 1&2' as your input source and make sure monitoring is ON.

Now open Ableton, and Go into the Options > Preferences > Audio section - Select 'Rearoute ASIO' as your output.

Now when Ableton makes noise you should hear it through Reaper! You'll need to make sure you have an armed track with monitoring ON in reaper if you want to hear anything from Ableton (unless you change Ableton's output back to your Soundcard).

It works, but in the end I find myself using acquas in Live and printing tracks more often
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Can't confirm here. Works fine on my Windows 8.1 system. Tested it in plugin doctor.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by William Rigout View Post
Once again thank you for the Pink 3 update.

I feel like the compressors have gained some punch, weight and definition (no more blanket on the highs).

This is something i almost noticed with every core 13 update

Thank you, Pink is still my favorite channel strip.

I can't wait to hear Core 13 on Crimson
did they sampled the hardwares again???
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by filterfreak View Post
Hey!

Here is how I set up the Reaper/Live configuration:

First, make sure you have REAROUTE ASIO installed with Reaper - for some reason this isn't a default on the install, so if you don't have it you'll need to reinstall reaper and tick the 'install REAROUTE' box when you get to the install customisation bit. It's easy to find.

Then you need to open Reaper, arm your channel, select 'Stereo > Rearoute 1&2' as your input source and make sure monitoring is ON.

Now open Ableton, and Go into the Options > Preferences > Audio section - Select 'Rearoute ASIO' as your output.

Now when Ableton makes noise you should hear it through Reaper! You'll need to make sure you have an armed track with monitoring ON in reaper if you want to hear anything from Ableton (unless you change Ableton's output back to your Soundcard).

It works, but in the end I find myself using acquas in Live and printing tracks more often
Thanks man, I'll try that when I get back to the studio. Appreciate the help.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weile View Post
did they sampled the hardwares again???
I dont think so, but to me the compressors sound better, i didnt have time to work with all the Eqs yet.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by William Rigout View Post
Pink is still my favorite channel strip
Pink was so good it made me buy an API The Box mini console. I never in my life thought software would make me buy hardware, lol.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will The Weirdo View Post
Pink was so good it made me buy an API The Box mini console. I never in my life thought software would make me buy hardware, lol.
I don't know what it is about this Pink3 update, but it's sounding amazing here. I'll need to compare it directly to Pink2 of course, but for now, I had a reaction that I usually didn't have with Pink2 ....

P.S. I was reading over the REDD mic thread and saw you mention you were getting a Requisite EQ made. Did that ever end up happening? It's off-topic, but I'm just curious how it sounds if it did end up going through.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Would you please elaborate how the software compares to the hardware soundwise?
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by filterfreak View Post
Would you please elaborate how the software compares to the hardware soundwise?
Close at normal un-driven levels but the hardware saturates a bit differently and you can't come close to driving Pink like you can the hardware. AA's technology in normal ranges is in the ballpark IMHO but AA has a lot of work to do to properly do distortion and proper driven saturation, especially in the upper harmonic frequencies.

I keep hoping AA will fix their un-useable meters, work on real distortion, develop proper filters, and give us the full control reverbs we crave.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Close at normal un-driven levels but the hardware saturates a bit differently and you can't come close to driving Pink like you can the hardware. AA's technology in normal ranges is in the ballpark IMHO but AA has a lot of work to do to properly do distortion and proper driven saturation, especially in the upper harmonic frequencies.

I keep hoping AA will fix their un-useable meters, work on real distortion, develop proper filters, and give us the full control reverbs we crave.
I wonder if an additional plugin provides similar saturation to compensate the missing part.
Since you can compare to hw did you give it a try?
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Can anyone confirm pink 3 to have the 48 sample rate available?
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinkSaunders View Post
Can anyone confirm pink 3 to have the 48 sample rate available?
Confirmed.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

It has!
Thank you for the praises!
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Yes, here's how to do it.

First, find the file directory that PINK3 is installed in. For Windows VST3, it is
C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3 .

For Windows VST 2.4, it is usually in either C:\Program Files\VSTPlugins or
C:\Program Files\Steinberg\VSTPlugins .

Next, click on the folder that you want to delete sample libraries from. For PINK3 it would appear that all 1,940 N2V files are in the PINK3 folder. So for Windows 64-bit VST3, that's
C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3\PINK3.

In the Search for files box (on a Windows 7 machine, upper right corner) type in the sample rate number that you want to remove. See screenshot below.

Your choices are:

44 for 44.1 kHz
48 for 48 kHz
88 for 88.2 kHz
96 for 96 kHz

Windows will find all of the files with that number in them. Simple press Control and A to do a Select All Files command and then press your delete keyboard key.

I would recommend waiting about a month for Acustica to work out any last PINK3 bugs before removing the libraries. Otherwise, Aquarius may throw a fit. @ zaphod or beta test team, please correct me if I am wrong.
Can you safely do that for all Aqua plugs ? I only work at 44, so it would save me a lot of precious SSD space
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

The question of ACQUA's included native sample rate libraries seems to come up ....

In no way do I want to represent ANY OFFICIAL position as to removing, 'un-needed' samples.

This question has been raised in BETA a long time back. [personally, I've not worked any session at 88.2].

As a matter of PERSONAL practice, it could be viewed that early releases of any Acqua have included 44.1 & 96k natives. 48 and 88 have usually been
released as an UPDATE.

That said, we can presume that these additional SR presets are an update/Addition/Option ... and with that, a User decision to not have these installed.
This could be User tested by MOVING these 'extra' SR presets to a TEMP location, run the specific Acqua looking for any issue. [that's the safe way].

NOTE: I am NOT speaking of Files in the STAGING AREA.

2. As beta-testers, it is required that we have ALL rates installed ... and that's the way that is.

As CAUTION, and mentioned ... it may be prudent to WAIT on the newest releases before manually thinning out.

and AGAIN I'll state ... this is explaining with the CURRENT PUBLIC information we have. This is NOT the Official AA statement. There is nothing binding that may force AA to need to CHANGE the current implementation ... But only THEY would know that. [even though there has not been an Official hint to changing ... that is my CMA statement].

does this help you're welcome
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

That is as clear as most AA manuals
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by dione View Post
Can you safely do that for all Aqua plugs ? I only work at 44, so it would save me a lot of precious SSD space
I always remove 88.2 and have not had any issues. I never mix at that sample rate but your mileage may vary, like RJH said above.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Quote:

We need these before Pink 4 drops. Core 14 should focus on these things. We all like free upgrades, but I'd take a killer moog filter that I could really punch or a guitar cab that I can filthify much more than 5 more slightly better channel strips.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolin View Post
We need these before Pink 4 drops. Core 14 should focus on these things. We all like free upgrades, but I'd take a killer moog filter that I could really punch or a guitar cab that I can filthify much more than 5 more slightly better channel strips.
This +1000.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Before core 14 we have to move to core 13 existing ones! Which is a challenge, already.
Many plugins will be moved to a completely different level, and their release is very important for other waiting customers.
Yes, there are so many things to improve... But Rome was not built in a day

About the priority of improvements: my first impression is that big guys are not caring about meters at all, but they are focused on other issues (ie parameter mapping, broken automation).
Other ones are waiting for a better bus management in several formats (ie au, vst3) I spoke with one just yesterday about that, he replied that almost all his hardware meters are broken anyway, while other issues are a possible showstopper for him and his friends. Just from feedbacks we receive daily, sound is already nailed completely. Which is not true maybe, but 99% of them have what they are looking for, today.
This is an important lesson for everybody: given the fact we can't fix all possible issues at once, different users have different requirements for the immediate future. And the perspective changes.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Nut
@ zaphod . Could you please tell me if there are plans to make Acqua VST3 plugins bypass properly in Cubase/Nuendo when bypassing a channel strip? As of now, they need to be individually bypassed. With the newly released VST3 Acqua plugins and N4 VST3, it would be great to be able to use them for the cpu-saving with no audio passing and for the Side-chaining. If it’s not something that will change soon, I’ll stick with VST2.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Couldn't pass up on Pink. Was my first Acustica plugin and it blew my mind. It's still one of the best, for me.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxbf View Post
Couldn't pass up on Pink. Was my first Acustica plugin and it blew my mind. It's still one of the best, for me.
They are (almost) all great, just different
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Addict

G - What have you done here with Pink 3?? Just been working a vocal with 2412 comp and comparing with Pink 2, it's absolutely stunning. The compression seems smoother but there's also a fuller sound which to my ears brings the harmonic distortion levels closer to hardware levels. It's definitely more pleasing on the ear - well done and thank you
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Guess I need to start running Nebula vectors off an external. This Pink file size is a tad large
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinematree View Post
@ zaphod . Could you please tell me if there are plans to make Acqua VST3 plugins bypass properly in Cubase/Nuendo when bypassing a channel strip? As of now, they need to be individually bypassed. With the newly released VST3 Acqua plugins and N4 VST3, it would be great to be able to use them for the cpu-saving with no audio passing and for the Side-chaining. If it’s not something that will change soon, I’ll stick with VST2.
We'll enable a proper bus management moving to a different release of the juce framework
But no, there are no plans for the soft bypass: it was requested but not as much as other urgent things. Native sidechain in cubase 10 is one of them
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search