The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Acustica audio acqua plugins general discussion Multi-Ef­fects Plugins
Old 1 week ago
  #15931
Gear Maniac
 

Every forum has a sacred cow.
Old 1 week ago
  #15932
Lives for gear
 
Arionas's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by doom64 View Post
Acustica want us to use Acquarius. Its intent is to streamline everything, correct? If that is the case then the important information should be in Aquarius, not just on their web site or forum.
To be fair, that is also correct.
Old 1 week ago
  #15933
Lives for gear
 
b0se's Avatar
Alas, the internet.

Old 1 week ago
  #15934
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will The Weirdo View Post
Again, I suggest you take the time to read the manual,
Whenever I see Read The Manual I think of this guy-

Old 1 week ago
  #15935
Lives for gear
 
Arionas's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by telluride View Post
Whenever I see Read The Manual I think of this guy-

This is the most ridiculous video he ever did.
I was watching his videos for about 2 years and I liked them but sadly, he took the wrong way in order to win more subscriptions by attracting AA haters, teasing a nice company and the people who like these products. Unfair and unhonoured strategic.
Old 1 week ago
  #15936
Gear Maniac
 
marcpl's Avatar
 

It seems that to some people these are just audio plugins and to others it's a lifestyle. A really, really weird lifestyle.
Old 1 week ago
  #15937
Lives for gear
 
Will The Weirdo's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcpl View Post
It seems that to some people these are just audio plugins and to others it's a lifestyle. A really, really weird lifestyle.
To some these are just tools.
Old 1 week ago
  #15938
Here for the gear
 
Lasparkpodcast's Avatar
https://justpaste.it/AcusticaAudioAcquaMasterList

Quote:
Originally Posted by doom64 View Post
Yeah...I fugged up. Or rather, I assumed Acustica was updating all of their plugins to Core13. They said they were going to get through all of them by the end of 2018. When I saw all of the trial versions were updated around the same three days I went through the list and changed them to 13.

Oops...but hey, with the release of Ivory4 it looks like that promise is slowly coming to fruition.
Hi Doom64,

Will you include VIOLET CM in the master list? According to Pressreader.com, it's modelled on the Thermionic Culture "The Phoenix" valve compressor paired with a three-way crossover inspired by the Tube-Tech SMC 2B multi-band compressor.

I find all kind of uses for violet in my mixes these days. For example I like duplicating a stereo track, say the drum bus, then I will use violet to keep only the HF. I will then process this high freq track for sweetness (sometimes Amber2 works great for this)... Then I might reduce the HF in the original stereo track if needed.

Anyways, I really think VIOLET CM should get more love.
Old 1 week ago
  #15939
Lives for gear
 
swartzfeger's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by doom64 View Post
Acustica want us to use Acquarius. Its intent is to streamline everything, correct? If that is the case then the important information should be in Aquarius, not just on their web site or forum.
Absolutely, with no caveats or exceptions. Additionally, separating trials into their own section.

AA can’t protect us from ourselves. Pleading ignorance or innocence ‘because AA didn’t tell me otherwise’ is bs. 30 day trials + authorizations is more than enough time to get settings copied over.

I had half a dozen projects with a WAAAAAY expired Azure trial. I didn’t come on here and bitch... I half kicked myself, instantiated the new Azure, used my ears, and moved on.

But yeah, I’m into that ‘weird lifestyle’ of personal accountability and using my ears. :D
Old 1 week ago
  #15940
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lasparkpodcast View Post
Hi Doom64,

Will you include VIOLET CM in the master list? According to Pressreader.com, it's modelled on the Thermionic Culture "The Phoenix" valve compressor paired with a three-way crossover inspired by the Tube-Tech SMC 2B multi-band compressor.

I find all kind of uses for violet in my mixes these days. For example I like duplicating a stereo track, say the drum bus, then I will use violet to keep only the HF. I will then process this high freq track for sweetness (sometimes Amber2 works great for this)... Then I might reduce the HF in the original stereo track if needed.

Anyways, I really think VIOLET CM should get more love.
If it was Core13, yes.
Old 1 week ago
  #15941
Gear Nut
 

GC just confirmed a Honey "upgrade" on faceboak
Old 1 week ago
  #15942
Lives for gear
 
doom64's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lasparkpodcast View Post
Hi Doom64,

Will you include VIOLET CM in the master list? According to Pressreader.com, it's modelled on the Thermionic Culture "The Phoenix" valve compressor paired with a three-way crossover inspired by the Tube-Tech SMC 2B multi-band compressor.

I find all kind of uses for violet in my mixes these days. For example I like duplicating a stereo track, say the drum bus, then I will use violet to keep only the HF. I will then process this high freq track for sweetness (sometimes Amber2 works great for this)... Then I might reduce the HF in the original stereo track if needed.

Anyways, I really think VIOLET CM should get more love.
That list is for Acustica Audio created Acqua plugins that don't require the N4 player. There is nothing stopping another slut from starting a separate list though.
Old 1 week ago
  #15943
Lives for gear
 
doom64's Avatar
@zaphod

Please consider removing the old trial versions from the Aquarius Purchased tab. Old versions of commercial releases are greatly appreciated (please never remove them!) but keeping the old trials up clutters the app and may confuse people.
Old 1 week ago
  #15944
Lives for gear
 

And please add a "Trials" tab. Have anyone already asked for that?

And maybe a way to see the trials I have already tried.
Old 1 week ago
  #15945
Lives for gear
 
doom64's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arionas View Post
This is the most ridiculous video he ever did.
I was watching his videos for about 2 years and I liked them but sadly, he took the wrong way in order to win more subscriptions by attracting AA haters, teasing a nice company and the people who like these products. Unfair and unhonoured strategic.
How was the video unfair? Acustica clutter their manuals up with irrelevant s__t and he was poking fun at this truth.
Old 1 week ago
  #15946
Lives for gear
 
swartzfeger's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy McGroarty View Post
GC just confirmed a Honey "upgrade" on faceboak
Dang, I almost bought Honey too for the filers. Would like to see Amber, Scarlet and Green updated first though

Does anyone know anything about the D1 Magenta optical/ELOP compressor? Does it share similar characteristics with an LA3A?
Old 1 week ago
  #15947
OMU
Lives for gear
 
OMU's Avatar
 

Agree with doom64 about the manuals (I also believe that guy's videos are ridiculous sometimes, yet, the only thing ridiculous here was the manual in question), I also posted about this years ago (at that point they decided to publish some cocktail recipes, fortunately not in the manual itself, but in a different pdf ). That wasted energy should be put in the things that matter, the plugins, Aquarius, customer support. Can't believe people are still having problems with that. Thank God I don't use AA plugins that much anymore, didn't buy anything new since Lift and stopped using pretty much anything else (from AA) during this time. Funny thing, because of having problems with AA plugins ('old' Mac Pro cylinder bought 1.5 years ago and Cubase) I found out that it's the man, not the tools, that makes the music sound good.

OTOH I did received a free Coral at some point as a compensation because of my bad experience with their customer support

Last edited by OMU; 1 week ago at 08:45 AM..
Old 1 week ago
  #15948
Gear Maniac
Ffs they’re manuals, indulge them some light hearted creative expression
Old 1 week ago
  #15949
Gear Nut
 
Cali.bre's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomheavybeats View Post
Ffs they’re manuals, indulge them some light hearted creative expression
Maybe the "light hearted creative expression" in the instruction manuals would be more warmly received, if users didn't have to trawl through 500+ pages in this Gearslutz thread or FB group for the most in-depth info and usage tips regarding these plugins?
Old 1 week ago
  #15950
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali.bre View Post
Maybe the "light hearted creative expression" in the instruction manuals would be more warmly received, if users didn't have to trawl through 500+ pages in this Gearslutz thread or FB group for the most in-depth info and usage tips regarding these plugins?
I mean there is a search function on here so you dont actually have to trawl though page by page on here but yeah point taken
Old 1 week ago
  #15951
Lives for gear
 
b0se's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomheavybeats View Post
Ffs they’re manuals, indulge them some light hearted creative expression
True.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali.bre View Post
Maybe the "light hearted creative expression" in the instruction manuals would be more warmly received, if users didn't have to trawl through 500+ pages in this Gearslutz thread or FB group for the most in-depth info and usage tips regarding these plugins?
Also true.

The paradox that is Acustica!

Old 1 week ago
  #15952
Lives for gear
 
Arionas's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by doom64 View Post
How was the video unfair? Acustica clutter their manuals up with irrelevant s__t and he was poking fun at this truth.
I was talking about his intention behind the phenomenal "fun".
That video was the third in his series about "Viridian". In all these videos he tried to harm AA without actually trying the plugin.
Now, about the manuals, all the necessary information is there.
Whoever doesn't like the additional content can simply scroll to the actual manual. Personally I find it cute and fun that a music software company adds some juice of poetry or a similar content in the manuals. Music is an art, music & mixing inspiration can come through other arts as well. And in the end, it's free!
Old 1 week ago
  #15953
Gear Maniac
 
denork's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arionas View Post
I was talking about his intention behind the phenomenal "fun".
That video was the third in his series about "Viridian". In all these videos he tried to harm AA without actually trying the plugin.
Now, about the manuals, all the necessary information is there.
Whoever doesn't like the additional content can simply scroll to the actual manual. Personally I find it cute and fun that a music software company adds some juice of poetry or a similar content in the manuals. Music is an art, music & mixing inspiration can come through other arts as well. And in the end, it's free!
+1

It seems to me an original idea, and if I do not like it, I omit it, or you can edit the pdf and delete those pages.
Old 1 week ago
  #15954
Here for the gear
 
Lasparkpodcast's Avatar
Violet CM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doom64 View Post
That list is for Acustica Audio created Acqua plugins that don't require the N4 player. There is nothing stopping another slut from starting a separate list though.
Hi Doom,

Thanks for your reply. Violet is a regular Acqua though... I use it every day and I do not have N4. Anyone can get it for just a couple bucks. I'm not affiliated with the magazine so I won't mention it. I just enjoy the plugin. I don't care if it's not on your list, I was just wondering why it wasn't.

Now GO MAKE MUSIC
Old 1 week ago
  #15955
Lives for gear
 

What do you guys think about Honey?

I'm going to try it this week when I have some time, but I'm really thinking about get this while on sale.

Have anyone compared to the UAD Harrison? And with other Acquas, how it compares? Something similar?
Old 1 week ago
  #15956
Gear Nut
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomheavybeats View Post
Ffs they’re manuals, indulge them some light hearted creative expression
That would be fine if they didn't routinely leave out useful information about features in the software.
Old 1 week ago
  #15957
OMU
Lives for gear
 
OMU's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SameOh View Post
What do you guys think about Honey?

I'm going to try it this week when I have some time, but I'm really thinking about get this while on sale.

Have anyone compared to the UAD Harrison? And with other Acquas, how it compares? Something similar?
I did. They sounded nothing alike to me. Honey seemed to have more depth, no surprise here, but also sounded like a completely different device. OTOH, in the UAD video, the short comparison between the plugin and the console showed a much closer sounding result.

Last edited by OMU; 1 week ago at 11:54 PM..
Old 1 week ago
  #15958
Does anyone have news about the core updates? Aquamarine 4? Green 4? Navy 2?
Old 1 week ago
  #15959
Lives for gear
 
zaphod's Avatar
We do love our user manuals
Also we don't care if someone doesn't understand our culture. There is a lot of music you are producing which is considered a waste of time by someone else.
From comments, I think it is happening to the guy who is reviewing. In don't think he will change his style because that, even if it is an harsh opinion.
And I think this is a good paradox, and a lesson for him too.
And when you are lost, just do what you love, in the way you love.
Old 1 week ago
  #15960
Lives for gear
 
zaphod's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by doom64 View Post
How was the video unfair? Acustica clutter their manuals up with irrelevant s__t and he was poking fun at this truth.

By the way, we never care. We are here, today and now, because our past choices.
In the future our user manuals will be crazier.
And someone will love them, exactly like we do
Topic:
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Forum Jump
Forum Jump