The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Acustica audio acqua plugins general discussion Dynamics Plugins
Old 1st December 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Yordan View Post
I picked up Orange during sales, really great shine eq. :-)

Will try out Emerald during this week.
is the orange a cpu hog or slow reacting when you twist the knobs since its older tech ?
Old 1st December 2015
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainMorgan100 View Post
i know this is beating a dead horse but i'm still confused I downloaded the demo of navy for pc installed it ran it expecting to find a .ser file in the navy folder in my daw but i dont see one.. where is it lol?
Normally only users with administrative rights can write into protected folders.
Old 1st December 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainMorgan100 View Post
i know this is beating a dead horse but i'm still confused I downloaded the demo of navy for pc installed it ran it expecting to find a .ser file in the navy folder in my daw but i dont see one.. where is it lol?
just in case you don't know

you didn't say if you opened up the navy in your daw first,
in short the ser file wont be created before you open up the navy or any other aqua in the daw , then close, and you will find the ser in your plugin folder
Old 1st December 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfjer View Post
is the orange a cpu hog or slow reacting when you twist the knobs since its older tech ?
The little I had tried it out, it use more than red but my hope is to be able to put it a lot of tracks in the mix that need more hi end shine. I was very positive surprised by the sound I got. :-) Next one to try out after Emerald will be Blue.
Old 1st December 2015
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Yordan View Post
The little I had tried it out, it use more than red but my hope is to be able to put it a lot of tracks in the mix that need more hi end shine. I was very positive surprised by the sound I got. :-) Next one to try out after Emerald will be Blue.
I understand the price is very nice... but seeing that it is not core 6 or 7 and that you can have Ochre: Is it really worth going with the 'older generation' of plugins?
Secondly, you mention the 'shine and hi end'... is it a very clean and glossy eq?

thanks and regards
Old 1st December 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearsuser View Post
I understand the price is very nice... but seeing that it is not core 6 or 7 and that you can have Ochre: Is it really worth going with the 'older generation' of plugins?
Secondly, you mention the 'shine and hi end'... is it a very clean and glossy eq?

thanks and regards
It has a less dense sound than Red. Hopefully it might get upgraded later.
Old 1st December 2015
Lives for gear

Ho ho ho

i forgot in Norway we don't pay taxes in december

Emerald here i come, i must buy because i have 40%off on Emerald for Pearl owners must buy must buy.... I'm think I'm getting a little to addicted to Aqua stuff hehe

i seriously don't need any more mastering eq`s after this

looking forward to the black comp and ivory comp cause that is what i need in aqua now
a 1176 that nails the HW sound completely and got really great behaviour to at least 5-6 db of compression would make it a must buy for me

and i have started loving using multi band compression, so an aqua multi band with HW magic is most welcome

i know of course that the Titanium is multi band but it has been said that the ivory comp will be lighter on the cpu with better behaviour so its very important to try both at least because I'm not getting both
only need one multi band that works great with that HW touch

im gonna relax a little bit with the eq`s from now on because the collection i got now is incredible
Old 1st December 2015
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by zabukowski View Post
Out of curiosity, check MAGIC value in the Nebula plugin's XML file. It should / must be the same as it was before ...
Yes, that turned out to be the problem, thanks!

Now the next problem: It takes over 30 minutes to open projects whereas with Pro it just took a minute or two! Oh well, so much for that.
Old 1st December 2015
Geariophile

I went and bought Neb ultimate in the end after all, but the download says legacy. It does now have a ZL version though, so I take it I am fully upgraded. Can't tell any better compression behaviour that people mentioned though, and it stayed on the old skin I was using before.....sort of not sure whether it is the new one running or what.....
Old 1st December 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karloff70 View Post
I went and bought Neb ultimate in the end after all, but the download says legacy. It does now have a ZL version though, so I take it I am fully upgraded. Can't tell any better compression behaviour that people mentioned though, and it stayed on the old skin I was using before.....sort of not sure whether it is the new one running or what.....
Check out the MSTR page, it says if it's Core7 or whatever on the top left.
My skin chaged to the new Ultimate skin automatically BTW.
Old 1st December 2015
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karloff70 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultra171 View Post
Check out the MSTR page, it says if it's Core7 or whatever on the top left.
My skin chaged to the new Ultimate skin automatically BTW.

Yes, the skin changed for me too.
Old 1st December 2015
Geariophile

Will do tomorrow, thanks guys. Not in the studio anymore.
Old 1st December 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercado_Negro View Post
You can run the installer twice. One for x64 and a second time for x86. It isn't ideal and the installer should be friendly enough to do both at the same time like most installers but doing it twice does the job.
Not true, done it 3 times, and it is either a x64 or x86 load, the installer will not allow both on the same computer.

After you load one installer (x64), then run the other (x86), it will repair, update or uninstall only, not load the dll's.

Acustica has dropped the ball on this one, their older installers allow both on the same machine, I'm not sure why.
Old 1st December 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaphod View Post
Yes it installs one 32 or 64 and you cannot select a folder. We'll verify if it is possible to install both of them at the same time, we did not think there were clients using both of them
Yep, I still have to go back between x64 and x86 all the time, I'm getting closer to total x64 use, but not as of today.
Old 1st December 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Ho ho ho

i forgot in Norway we don't pay taxes in december

Emerald here i come, i must buy because i have 40%off on Emerald for Pearl owners must buy must buy.... I'm think I'm getting a little to addicted to Aqua stuff hehe

i seriously don't need any more mastering eq`s after this

looking forward to the black comp and ivory comp cause that is what i need in aqua now
a 1176 that nails the HW sound completely and got really great behaviour to at least 5-6 db of compression would make it a must buy for me

and i have started loving using multi band compression, so an aqua multi band with HW magic is most welcome

i know of course that the Titanium is multi band but it has been said that the ivory comp will be lighter on the cpu with better behaviour so its very important to try both at least because I'm not getting both
only need one multi band that works great with that HW touch

im gonna relax a little bit with the eq`s from now on because the collection i got now is incredible
You are already an Acqua addict hahaha. I bet you'll get another EQ for sure in the near future but ya, a 1176 comp is a must have

Would like to see a Fatso or Manley in Acqua tho. I do look forward to the tape and probably we will see it next year.

So, you demoed the Valhalla Plate yet? Do you like it? As good as VNXT EMT140?
Old 1st December 2015
Lives for gear

Any of you guys using the FROZENBOOT trick? Can't get it to work.. I have both SCANBOOT and FASTBOOT enabled in the XML, tried to add the FROZENBOOT parameter but it doesn't work. Disabling the SCANBOOT gives me an empty Nebula.

Any help?
Old 2nd December 2015
Cool

"No plugin is worth this"

"May the vectorial volterra kernels technology be with you"

("Acustica Audio, I am your father")
Old 2nd December 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidgary73 View Post
You are already an Acqua addict hahaha. I bet you'll get another EQ for sure in the near future but ya, a 1176 comp is a must have

Would like to see a Fatso or Manley in Acqua tho. I do look forward to the tape and probably we will see it next year.

So, you demoed the Valhalla Plate yet? Do you like it? As good as VNXT EMT140?

to buy the white eq in December would be just nuts with the great aqua eq collection i already got, no point in ending up with 100 eq`s and and very little of other great mixing tools

so yep need different mixing tools now

fatso and tape in aqua would be great

ivory comp and black is most likely to be my next aquas, they are coming in january
really hope the black turn out to be great, maybe i don't have to buy the WA76

in nebula im gonna get some more reverbs
im also gonna add my last and second console MFC
also gonna add some guitar effects by Tim p Classic Phasers
you know some more creative tools other than EQś

algos :
i just bought soundtoys microshift
great and fast tool to use by the way, i like soundtoys

next is valhalla plate if i really like it, haven't tried the demo yet but is sounded great in some examples i heard, but i must admit i have a hard time thinking valhalla plate will beat VNXT EMT140, but it can be good but different

but have to take it in smaller steps now, i haven't got so nuts on a black friday ever before with plugins haha
the funny thing was that i tought nah this year im only buying a soundtoys plugin or two and thats it yeah right
Old 2nd December 2015
Lives for gear

first test with the gyrator, wow its great

nebula ultimate install next

im a little scared hehe

i have all my libraries on a extern hdd, very important to take a backup of neb3 pro so i also can copy the paths to the extern hdd form those xlm files
Old 2nd December 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
ivory comp and black is most likely to be my next aquas, they are coming in january
really hope the black turn out to be great, maybe i don't have to buy the WA76

in nebula im gonna get some more reverbs
im also gonna add my last and second console MFC
also gonna add some guitar effects by Tim p Classic Phasers
you know some more creative tools other than EQś

algos :

next is valhalla plate if i really like it, haven't tried the demo yet but is sounded great in some examples i heard, but i must admit i have a hard time thinking valhalla plate will beat VNXT EMT140, but it can be good but different

but have to take it in smaller steps now, i haven't got so nuts on a black friday ever before with plugins haha
the funny thing was that i tought nah this year im only buying a soundtoys plugin or two and thats it yeah right
Best to save up till Jan 2016 so you can compare the WA76 or Black.

MFC, my best buy of the year. Worth every penny

I hold back on my purchase and only bought Hoser XT and Flucti-Mew last week. Saving up for Black and maybe Valhalla Plate.

Quote:
first test with the gyrator, wow its great

nebula ultimate install next

im a little scared hehe

i have all my libraries on a extern hdd, very important to take a backup of neb3 pro so i also can copy the paths to the extern hdd form those xlm files
Have been using Gyrator and it just lift any sound source so nicely and smooth.

There's gonna be a new AU framework coming out today i think. Probably best to wait bf you install. Just use Neb3 Pro first.

Last edited by davidgary73; 2nd December 2015 at 02:09 AM..
Old 2nd December 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidgary73 View Post
Best to save up till Jan 2016 so you can compare the WA76 or Black.

MFC, my best buy of the year. Worth every penny

I hold back on my purchase and only bought Hoser XT and Flucti-Mew last week. Saving up for Black and maybe Valhalla Plate.

Have been using Gyrator and it just lift the sound so nicely and smooth.

There's gonna be a new AU framework coming out today i think. Probably best to wait bf you install. Just use Neb3 Pro first.
i think ill buy the black first hehe, ill really think i need a new computer now
im running low on cpu to easy even when i commit
i cant leave logic so it has to be an Hackintosh for about 1100-1300 euros
with a skylake processor
hopefully there will come some more powerful skylakes than todays quad 4ghz
i really would want a 6 core skylake if they're release something like that
i really cant buy a mac pro, they start at 3000 euro, thats insane
and the one at 3000 euro is only a quad core, i just cant justify it

Hoser XT and Flucti-Mew are great buys

i like that compressor and the hoser do-sent even sound bad beside ivory
thats incredible for an algo
easily my favourite algo eq´all time
great to use to save some cpu
algo world really have stepped up they're game in clean eq`s
well some of the companies
its with strong character eq`s algos fall really flat IMO
and none of them can ever do what the gyrator and the aqua`s with strong colour

thanks for the heads up about new au framework, I'm not gonna record anything before tomorrow anyway so i`ll wait
Old 2nd December 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will The Weirdo View Post
Not true, done it 3 times, and it is either a x64 or x86 load, the installer will not allow both on the same computer.

After you load one installer (x64), then run the other (x86), it will repair, update or uninstall only, not load the dll's.

Acustica has dropped the ball on this one, their older installers allow both on the same machine, I'm not sure why.
Sorry Will, you're right. I got confused with Acqua installers which let you install both by running them twice. Apologies.

[EDIT] I just downloaded both installers from my Dashboard, x86 and x64. Uninstalled Nebula first and then ran the x64 installer. Went through the whole installation and then I ran the x86 installer. As you said there were only three options "Upgrade", "Repair" and "Uninstall". I chose "Upgrade" and it installed the 32bit plug-ins just fine (it didn't ask me for a path, though. It just installed them where I had them before C:\Program Files (x86)\VSTPlugIns). None of this should be taken as "working as expected", though. AA needs to work on the installers because at the moment they're terrible.
Old 2nd December 2015
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Will The Weirdo View Post

Something is definitely amiss with your installation, I have both 32 and 64bit installed. The installer, which does not let the user specify where they go, did install both...I just had to find them and move them to where my old installation was. But both 32 and 64bit are working on 2 of my systems. I hate to say it, but maybe uninstall and reinstall...?
Old 2nd December 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercado_Negro View Post
Sorry Will, you're right. I got confused with Acqua installers which let you install both by running them twice. Apologies.

[EDIT] I just downloaded both installers from my Dashboard, x86 and x64. Uninstalled Nebula first and then ran the x64 installer. Went through the whole installation and then I ran the x86 installer. As you said there were only three options "Upgrade", "Repair" and "Uninstall". I chose "Upgrade" and it installed the 32bit plug-ins just fine (it didn't ask me for a path, though. It just installed them where I had them before C:\Program Files (x86)\VSTPlugIns). None of this should be taken as "working as expected", though. AA needs to work on the installers because at the moment they're terrible.
Thanks, I'll test some more when I get a chance.
Old 2nd December 2015
Gear Maniac

Please open a ticket with Acustica. They may get to the bottom of it.
Best
Henry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kindred View Post
Hey,

Did you have any joy getting to the bottom of this? Henry gave me this reply -

I believe that the latest version of Nebula may fix that. I had that happen with some of the newer libraries. Perhaps something to do with the copy protection. I really don't know. But when I got the latest version all was well. Let me know if that doesn't help. You will need to login to your Acustica account to download.

However I have checked that everything is up to date and seems to be fine except for my Henry Olonga stuff and also AITB (since reinstalling on the new computer my AITB stuff like Doc Fear etc all revert to init).
Old 2nd December 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
to buy
algos :
Me 2 hehe
Old 2nd December 2015
Yep I'm done with algo plugs. I don't care about the CPU stress or any of that. Im going to dedicate myself strictly to Nebula as my MAIN processing.
Old 2nd December 2015
Geariophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Olonga View Post
Please open a ticket with Acustica. They may get to the bottom of it.
Best
Henry
Hi Henry.... I think I have got to the bottom of it. Basically the relevant vectors are missing. Maybe they died in the download or unzipping? In any case, they are not there, so not surprising the affected libraries don't show up.

Regards,

Boris
Old 2nd December 2015
Gear Maniac

Hi,

Acqua user here ...but not Nebula so far.

If I wanted to enter Nebula land for other developers' products then the cheapest way to go Nebula server (ultimate) would be to buy Nebula 3 Pro Bundle for 139€ and then the 'Upgrade to Nebula3 Server ULTIMATE (Bundle)' for some 50 € (with the BlackFriday code until the 4th December)? Is this right or is there a cheaper way :-) ?

many thanks in advance and regards
Old 2nd December 2015
Gear Maniac

As regards those Nebula presets offered by TimP, HO and Co :-)
1)What will happen to those when Nebula 4 comes in March/April 2015? Will they or have to be updated to benefit from Nebula 4? What will change?
Is the investment in those Nebula presets as save or .... will it be like with the 'orange and blue' Acquas that will be left behind as regards getting updrades to go core 7 and beyond?

2) If I was to use Nebula 3 Server Ultimate with those Plugins right now: Are they as CPU and latency efficient as Acqua Core 7 plugins? Or are Acquas always the 'cutting edge' and can work with a better underlying engine?
All this talk about Acquas left this -probably wrong impression- on me that those 3rd party Nebula presets are less efficient than Acqua offerings and also might sound not as good as Acquas. Is this completly wrong?

Thanks for clarification on this!
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search