The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Acustica audio acqua plugins general discussion Multi-Ef­fects Plugins
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

IVORY is also an EQ, along with its' Single-Band and 3-Band Compressor.
Old 4 days ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0se View Post
Be sure to check out AlexB's new Sontec 432 library then. It's a must have ITB EQ imo, butter smooth and retains that quality when pushed.
Awesome news - thanks for the headsup, was wondering when this would hit the streets. Looks to be an insta-buy.
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted brenn View Post
I just compare the CPU Load : SAND 2 is 30% lighter than SAND. Good new
Are there any other improvements (i.e. quality of bus compressor)? I find it strange that there is no press about this update/release. The way Magenta4 was advertised before/during release was starkly different in contrast.
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by RE201 View Post
Awesome news - thanks for the headsup, was wondering when this would hit the streets. Looks to be an insta-buy.
It's incredible. Have fun :¬)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket88 View Post
Ruby is totally on my short list. I love that Fearn pushed AA to get better so he would be happy with it, AND he wouldn't put his name on a plugin before they came along, so you could track ITB getting better in real time, so to speak.

I get most of it right here, or on one of the two facebook Acustica groups (Audiophiles/Official Group). I'm never on Instagram, but following G. there is probably the best source of clues toward upcoming projects.
Ruby is still one of my favourite plugins (ever). Amazing on vocals and so easy to sculpt a track with it, try this on the mixbus:

Tweak for the track, of course, but that'll usually open it right up and add both weight and nice top end.
Old 4 days ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bach666 View Post
Are there any other improvements (i.e. quality of bus compressor)? I find it strange that there is no press about this update/release. The way Magenta4 was advertised before/during release was starkly different in contrast.
Did a quick A/B, the Sand 2 compressor sounds smoother and a bit more dimensional
EQ sounds better too, transients are better preserved, difference is subtle but it´s there
Thanks Acustica
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJHollins View Post
IVORY is also an EQ, along with its' Single-Band and 3-Band Compressor.
Correct... I meant strictly from a value standpoint. Unless it’s deeply discounted I would have a hard time justifying purchasing Ivory just for the EQ.
Old 4 days ago
Gear Nut

Quote:

Ruby is still one of my favourite plugins (ever). Amazing on vocals and so easy to sculpt a track with it, try this on the mixbus:

Tweak for the track, of course, but that'll usually open it right up and add both weight and nice top end.
I purchased it after 10 mins evaluation. Never happened with me before.
Expecting the compressor - VT-7.
Old 4 days ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Ruby is totally on my short list. I love that Fearn pushed AA to get better so he would be happy with it, AND he wouldn't put his name on a plugin before they came along, so you could track ITB getting better in real time, so to speak.

I get most of it right here, or on one of the two facebook Acustica groups (Audiophiles/Official Group). I'm never on Instagram, but following G. there is probably the best source of clues toward upcoming projects.
What about El Rey? I tested it but am unimpressed. With Amber I purchased it after 10 min testing. There is something in D.W. Fearn's design which is something special. Watched his videos - so humble and from other side so knowledgeable. It is very rare to see such a thing these days.

That group?
Audiophile.ONLINE public group | Facebook
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

The Taupe thread has a few posts hinting at a ‘coming soon’ update to Ultramarine.
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by swartzfeger View Post
Correct... I meant strictly from a value standpoint. Unless it’s deeply discounted I would have a hard time justifying purchasing Ivory just for the EQ.
Fair enough.

It may not get much Press around here ... but the IVORY COMPS are really nice.

Though I rarely use a multi-band Comp, the Ivory 3-Band allow me to put real punch into a track lacking it [Mastering].
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

Quite a few Acquas have updates in Aquarius, including the Scarlet trial. But the Scarlet commercial I just purchased is still listed as last being updated in November 2017. Does anyone know what updates these Acquas entail?
Old 3 days ago
Gear Nut

Quote:

I don't know if I should try that because it might give me GAS, but a demo won't hurt, right?

No one will have a gun to my head.

Thanks for the tip. I have a track in mind...

Old 3 days ago
Gear Maniac
Quote:
I don't know if I should try that because it might give me GAS, but a demo won't hurt, right?

No one will have a gun to my head.

Thanks for the tip. I have a track in mind...

Don't try it if you are not prepared to buy it...
Old 3 days ago
Gear Head

Brass Mixing EQ

Brass Mixing EQ is available for download.

A dedicated thread has been opened here: DiBiQuadro Brass Mixing EQ - The Ultimate Mixing Workhorse

Cheers
Attached Thumbnails
Acustica audio acqua plugins general discussion-brass1.jpg  
Old 3 days ago
Lives for gear

Smile

Quote:

Bose,

I always follow your good opinions.
I have a Silver Bullet, A thermionic Phoenix Compressor.
And the most enjoyable UAD2 plugins.
Is there to your opinion, a plugin that could take me even higher and better sounding?

Cheers
Respect
Sergio
Old 3 days ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted brenn View Post
I just compare the CPU Load : SAND 2 is 30% lighter than SAND. Good new
Would love to try this out too but I can't use Aquarius....
When will Sand2 be added to the website? @AcusticaSupport @zaphod

It's annoying to not be able to use products I've paid for..
Old 3 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by swartzfeger View Post
Quite a few Acquas have updates in Aquarius, including the Scarlet trial. But the Scarlet commercial I just purchased is still listed as last being updated in November 2017. Does anyone know what updates these Acquas entail?
I believe AA are updating a bunch of Acqua's with the new Core 13.
Old 3 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali.bre View Post
Why can't you use Aquarius?
Old 3 days ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Will The Weirdo View Post
I believe AA are updating a bunch of Acqua's with the new Core 13.
I don't think that's it. I have both Amber and Scarlet, trial versions, and the update did not change the .dll. In the case of Amber all the vectors were updated. On Scarlet only some vectors were updated
Old 3 days ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Why can't you use Aquarius?
Because my Windows studio rig is offline and my other computer is a Mac.
Can't download Aquas for Windows via Aquarius Mac.

I appreciate that AA are pushing Aquarius but it would be great if they still furnished us with legacy installers when needed, like they did before...

It sucks not being able to get updates or to even trial Taupe, El Rey or any of these new Aqua goodies. Can't get AAs attention on here... I opened a ticket a while back...still no reply and the BF specials expire on the 9th...

I'm stuck!
Old 3 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
I'm stuck!
What is the best option? I'd get a cheap windows laptop from Best Buy. Waiting to get legacy installers seems hit and miss. In any case good luck.
Old 3 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Because my Windows studio rig is offline and my other computer is a Mac.
Can't download Aquas for Windows via Aquarius Mac.

I appreciate that AA are pushing Aquarius but it would be great if they still furnished us with legacy installers when needed, like they did before...

It sucks not being able to get updates or to even trial Taupe, El Rey or any of these new Aqua goodies. Can't get AAs attention on here... I opened a ticket a while back...still no reply and the BF specials expire on the 9th...

I'm stuck!
Hmmmm, I'm all PC here so I never thought about that as a problem, but that does suck. What full Acqua's do you need, maybe I can dropbox them to you and you can just upload your offline computer's aut files to your AA acount, as long a G does not have an issue with that.
Old 3 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by scalawag View Post
I don't think that's it.
LOL, you might be right, but all the recent updates in beta are Core 13 now.
Old 3 days ago
Gear Head

IF I buy Sand right do I get Sand 2 for free?

I need another coupon I just use mine on taupe
Old 3 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
When will Sand2 be added to the website? @AcusticaSupport @zaphod

It's annoying to not be able to use products I've paid for..
Sand 2 Fab 4 is on their site here on my end...
Old 3 days ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by brockorama View Post
What is the best option? I'd get a cheap windows laptop from Best Buy. Waiting to get legacy installers seems hit and miss. In any case good luck.

Cool, will you buy the laptop for me? Haha!
But seriously, you're right. Legacy installers seem to be the lowest of AAs priorities right now.
It's annoying though.... all other plugin venders I buy from are accomodating in this scenario.
Thanks for your well wishes.
Old 3 days ago
Lives for gear

So did the "hifi" issues with Purple ever get sorted out? I know Will the weirdo and a few other people were complaining about the high frequency emphasis added to Purple and possibly a few other EQs. Did this ever get fixed?

I ask because the current sale plus my coupon has me considering picking up Purple P-1, Honey, or Navy.
Old 3 days ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Hmmmm, I'm all PC here so I never thought about that as a problem, but that does suck. What full Acqua's do you need, maybe I can dropbox them to you and you can just upload your offline computer's aut files to your AA acount, as long a G does not have an issue with that.
Wow. Thanks. That would be mighty kind of you, Will!
I'm not sure why G would take issue with you sharing plugins especially updates of products I've already paid for, as an interim measure.
All my attempts to bring my very specific issue to his attention, have been unsuccessful.

I have a whole shopping list of Aquas I wanted to trial Amber, Taupe, El Rey, Viridian etc. to combine my loyalty coupon and BF discounts on.
Also wanted updates for N4, Sand2 & Gold2 but
I won't trouble you for the complete list...
Honestly, I've been waiting so long, I'll be super grateful for whatever your time allows you to share!
Old 3 days ago
Gear Maniac

Hi guys, I wanna ask you, I'm producing techno and saw this clip and got inspired:

YouTube

Do you think crimson can be used to create distortion artefacts similar to this or is useful for raw crushed techno? Unfortunately I did trial it a few months ago and my trial period is over(is it possible to reset trial?)

Thanks!
Old 3 days ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quint View Post
So did the "hifi" issues with Purple ever get sorted out? I know Will the weirdo and a few other people were complaining about the high frequency emphasis added to Purple and possibly a few other EQs. Did this ever get fixed?

I ask because the current sale plus my coupon has me considering picking up Purple P-1, Honey, or Navy.
Yeah, unless I'm missing something, including a good set of ears, that got worked out in presale... ahem... I mean "early access." It took a little pushing but resulted in Purple sounding very nice. The other big one with that issue that I remember was Magenta3. Then Magenta4 completely corrected that artificial sounding high end...

a

boss.

Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search