The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Acustica audio acqua plugins general discussion Equalizer Plugins
Old 1 week ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceejay View Post
EQ's definitely MCI, but the comp's ? hmm..
So EQs are from MCI....compressor does anyone knows which one they sampled??

Im testing here: So far, very good, with LOTS AND LOTS of possibilities of tones

I will give more feedbacks later.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Nut

is there any list of the tape machines?
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by babiuk View Post
is there any list of the tape machines?
Not complete yet. List by Tsykhra:
Attached Thumbnails
Acustica audio acqua plugins general discussion-taupe.jpg  

Last edited by ceejay; 1 week ago at 12:09 AM..
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

I’m at work right now and can’t wait to demo this. Demo is a mere formality... probably an insta-buy. Have been waiting for a quality tape model since I ditched UAD.

Would love to know the other EQs... MCI and who else? API? Langevin (drool)? Harrison? I can't recall many American consoles...
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weile View Post
So EQs are from MCI....compressor does anyone knows which one they sampled??

Im testing here: So far, very good, with LOTS AND LOTS of possibilities of tones

I will give more feedbacks later.
Studer 900?

TAUPE is an insta-buy btw. Insane value

Last edited by Arthur McArthur; 1 week ago at 11:36 PM..
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

Probably some of the other from MCI EQ's also Studer one. I hope so)
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear
Has anyone noticed this in the Youtube video info box?
"Mixed on a Quantica/Modula console at Acustica Audio"
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by scalawag View Post
Has anyone noticed this in the Youtube video info box?
"Mixed on a Quantica/Modula console at Acustica Audio"
YouTube

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acustica Audio @Youtube

Acoustic Piano recorded by Stefano Dall'Ora at Prime Studios (Austria)

Original music by : Giancarlo del Sordo at Acustica Audio

Mixed on a Quantica/Modula console at Acustica Audio

Music rights owned by Acustica Audio
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by doom64 View Post
The Unofficial Acustica Master List has been updated. Viridian was added and I made a few small changes to formatting. I was waiting for the tape plugin to be released before updating it but yeah...
It's time to update it again
Old 1 week ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthur McArthur View Post
Studer 900?
Yup, that’s the one!
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

So far getting some very thick results with taupe.

Finding some harshness in the highs on some settings but overall a very cool character.

Interesting presets as well! Really gives a good idea of what’s possible.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Nut
Anyone else getting a laser gun effect? Sounds like someone hammering on garage springs o_O
Pretty sure what I'm hearing is not the intended tone of Taupe.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Yeah, I was noticing a strange delayed laser gun effect after pressing stop when processing drums. Tried different settings, econo on/off, different gain staging, but nothing would make it go away. Definitely louder than any echo bug I've come across. This was using the main version of Taupe at 96kHz on PC.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Nut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benj View Post
Yeah, I was noticing a strange delayed laser gun effect after pressing stop when processing drums. Tried different settings, econo on/off, different gain staging, but nothing would make it go away. Definitely louder than any echo bug I've come across. This was using the main version of Taupe at 96kHz on PC.
Ok cool. Yeah, this wasn't subtle at all, on my machine it was actually so noticeable I had wondered if they had incorporated some kind of tape delay effect like Lemon. In some of the presets the "laser" effect was so loud I wondered if there was some intentional spring reverb mojo I wasn't expecting... (FYI I, never noticed the echo bug. Anyone would notice what I'm hearing... The stranger Things theme didn't help in figuring out if it was intentional :p)

After reading most other replies this doesn't sound right so seems there's a bug happening for some of us...

I'm on 10.13 mac so it isn't OS dependent.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vdosh View Post
It's time to update it again
In due time.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by zedsdeadbaby View Post
Ok cool. Yeah, this wasn't subtle at all, on my machine it was actually so noticeable I had wondered if they had incorporated some kind of tape delay effect like Lemon. In some of the presets the "laser" effect was so loud I wondered if there was some intentional spring reverb mojo I wasn't expecting... (FYI I, never noticed the echo bug. Anyone would notice what I'm hearing... The stranger Things theme didn't help in figuring out if it was intentional :p)

After reading most other replies this doesn't sound right so seems there's a bug happening for some of us...

I'm on 10.13 mac so it isn't OS dependent.
10.14 here, Logic AU... no laser gun. Just demoed all the presets in the strip and the standalone tape.

Taupe is simply incredible. And I haven't even touched the EQs (except for testing filters) or the compressor.

There's just *so* much here. I find myself gravitating toward the the two extremes it offers. The source/tape mix truly lets you explore a wide spectrum of 'vibe'. Where I really need to spend time is with the input. Just the tape unit alone will take days to get a handle on what it offers.

@zaphod and team... incredible work. Thank you.

EDIT: there are many units here I like, but the two 90210 presets (SatuR 824) sound simply GREAT with so many of my tracks. Dialing in the perfect vibe with the tape mix is so satisfying.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Nut
Try the presets Garden of Eden I, II, III and IV. Listen in headphones. What I'm hearing here is very audible.
On the preset 90210 II I'm hearing a distinct high ringing around 10k. And on the preset Leave Me Alone II it's also quite noticeable. (I've never noticed issues with Acustica plugins before, of which I own many. This is absolutely a bug.) I'll select and turn these up with RX 7 this weekend so I don't sound like a stark raving lunatic.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Nut
Quote:
Originally Posted by swartzfeger View Post
10.14 here, Logic AU... no laser gun. Just demoed all the presets in the strip and the standalone tape.

Taupe is simply incredible. And I haven't even touched the EQs (except for testing filters) or the compressor.

There's just *so* much here. I find myself gravitating toward the the two extremes it offers. The source/tape mix truly lets you explore a wide spectrum of 'vibe'. Where I really need to spend time is with the input. Just the tape unit alone will take days to get a handle on what it offers.

@zaphod and team... incredible work. Thank you.

EDIT: there are many units here I like, but the two 90210 presets (SatuR 824) sound simply GREAT with so many of my tracks. Dialing in the perfect vibe with the tape mix is so satisfying.
Yeah try on snappy transients like snare stems, very obvious over here. Lot of people on the Taupe new product thread hearing it too
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomheavybeats View Post
Yeah try on snappy transients like snare stems, very obvious over here. Lot of people on the Taupe new product thread hearing it too
Oh... yeah. Damn. My stuff is beatless ambient but loaded up some older drum tracks I recorded and the snare has some serious sci-fi laser going on.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Nut

Original Loop Above

Preset "902010 II" Above. Notice the lines above from 5k above, high frequency ringing...

Ringing Zoomed in

The downward lines indicate pitch bending over time, these are the laser-gun effect. (Preset Leave Me Alone II)
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

G said > I confirm that we can fix the issue of "laser" even on heavy transient content. It is a noise residual, we can fade out it. From AA facebook
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Not complete yet. List by Tsykhra:
Thanks for posting this. It made my update of the Unofficial Acustica Master List - JustPaste.it job much easier!

The new additions are Taupe, Cream edit and Core 13.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Nut

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidgary73 View Post
G said > I confirm that we can fix the issue of "laser" even on heavy transient content. It is a noise residual, we can fade out it. From AA facebook
Testing here......I can hear this "lasers" only on some programs. I thought that was the sound of some hardwares when pushed very hard into the tape. Because when I put the Mix Knob to the Source Side the Lasers start to disappear. When pushed all the way to the Tape Side the lasers become VERY loud.

Another "strange" thing that I notice is that when the Mix knob is all the way to the left source side, I hear all my transients and natural high frequency of my master bus, but when I start to mix to the right, (on ALL programs I tryed) seems to take this shinny air away until we get in the middle of the knob. Then from the middle to the right the natural character of the tape start to come forward and gets natural again just when I get all the way to the right side.

Let me try to explain better (sorry for my bad english): If a certain tape program has lots of high frequencies on the spectrum, the logical thing would be to start on the left very close to the original sound without addind brightness, then when we start to bring the knob to the right side, the sound starts to get more and more bright (because of that type of bright tape program). But what Im actually hearing is that when I start to bring the knob to the right side, at first I hear the high frequencies getting lost (warmer if you will) until the middle of the knob where it gets very warm without brightness at all, and then after I pass to the right side, the natural high frequencies from that tape start to really appears. Is this right?? (I never tryed a original tape machine, but the other plugin emulations are not like this behavior)

I really liked the plugin, lots of tonal options, great EQ, but this 2 things are making me lost. 1) "Lasers" should be there?? 2) Is it normal that ALL tapes options, even the harsh tapes programs, makes my sound loose high frequencies definition until hits 100% mix knob??

But I repeat, I never checked a real tape machine, and I work with electronic dance music where most of the masters has to be cristal clear on the highs. Most of the tapes plugins never really worked for me, maybe the problem is me, not the Taupe. Am I wrong on this testing conclusions?????
Old 1 week ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by doom64 View Post
Thanks for posting this. It made my update of the Unofficial Acustica Master List - JustPaste.it job much easier!

The new additions are Taupe, Cream edit and Core 13.
Excuse-me doom64, please could you incorporate all the Lemon harware list, like you did with Taupe, in the Unofficial Acustica Master List - JustPaste.it? It will be usefull to see all that Lemon hardware list in the Unofficial Acustica Master List.
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

I was searching for 'zap effect tape' after demoing this.. zap zap
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

List of TAUPE tape machines with pictures attached (based on Tsykhra and doom64 findings)
Attached Files
File Type: pdf TAUPE LIST.pdf (977.2 KB, 53 views)
Old 1 week ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
List of TAUPE tape machines with pictures attached (based on Tsykhra and doom64 findings)
So cool!
Can I share it to Acqua Dreamware *with credits to you guys o.c.?
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

Sure. Hope doom64 and Tsykhra ok too.
Old 1 week ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mi6ix View Post
I was searching for 'zap effect tape' after demoing this.. zap zap
He's called ZAPhod for a reason
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

wow..there are presets from Joe Chiccarelli in El Rey. I'm a big fan of Joe's work. Now we can mix like the Masters
Attached Thumbnails
Acustica audio acqua plugins general discussion-masters.jpg  
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search