The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Acustica audio acqua plugins general discussion Equalizer Plugins
Old 14th June 2018
Lives for gear

Water is out! Huzzah.
Old 14th June 2018
How's the high shelf on Water ?
Old 14th June 2018
Lives for gear

Anyone know the EQ sampled in Water?
Old 14th June 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martel80 View Post
How's the high shelf on Water ?
I haven't gotten to try it yet. Loading up a new project soon, so I'm going to try it there. I'm hoping the 60 Hz shelf is super deep too.
Old 14th June 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosewood123 View Post
I haven't gotten to try it yet. Loading up a new project soon, so I'm going to try it there. I'm hoping the 60 Hz shelf is super deep too.
Let me know, I'm very interested by this one.
Old 14th June 2018
Gear Head
Hi and low shelfs are quite, quite good
Old 14th June 2018
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by SameOh View Post
Anyone know the EQ sampled in Water?
Looks like the WSW 436511 Equalizer. I could be wrong though.
Old 14th June 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martel80 View Post
Let me know, I'm very interested by this one.
In my limited testing (used it on the mix bus of one song), the high shelf is very, very nice. Did a 1 to 2 dB boost at 12k and it brought things to life. But I'll have to do more testing to be sure.

Last edited by rosewood123; 15th June 2018 at 02:25 AM..
Old 15th June 2018
Lives for gear
Imo Cream and Water are similar or at least in the same family. Cream is denser where Water is thicker. Water allows for more control but is also more aggressive in a forward way like SSL. 24khz is unique though. Hard pressed to pick one of the two as better.
Old 15th June 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asher Bay View Post
Imo Cream and Water are similar or at least in the same family. Cream is denser where Water is thicker. Water allows for more control but is also more aggressive in a forward way like SSL. 24khz is unique though. Hard pressed to pick one of the two as better.
Downloading now.

By denser I'm guessing you mean Cream is tighter and not as 'big', whereas Water might be looser and bigger?

Water already seems like it might be a better choice for guitar with the HPF and germanium. And I had just declared Cream to be the ultimate Acqua for guitar. Lol.

Also -- great price. I guess it's much lower $ since there are only 2 preamps vs the 20+ that AA sampled for Cream.
Old 15th June 2018
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by swartzfeger View Post
Quote:
Downloading now.

By denser I'm guessing you mean Cream is tighter and not as 'big', whereas Water might be looser and bigger?

Water already seems like it might be a better choice for guitar with the HPF and germanium. And I had just declared Cream to be the ultimate Acqua for guitar. Lol.

Also -- great price. I guess it's much lower $ since there are only 2 preamps vs the 20+ that AA sampled for Cream.
Exactly! Not loose as in sloppy as it still retains detail but yep looser than Cream for sure and bigger. Good luck trying to pick one lol.
Old 15th June 2018
Lives for gear

The Master List has been updated at Acustica audio acqua plugins general discussion

I still haven't confirmed officially whether Diamond Color EQ is Core 9 or Core 12.

Also, the word on the street is that Magenta 4 will have true parallel EQ processing capability along with the legacy serial processing. It will be much closer to the hardware design. Just a rumor though!
Old 15th June 2018
Lives for gear

Quick question for Acustica Press. When where the last Discount-Mails sent? Might be I`m still not getting Acustica mails.
Old 15th June 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Unfortunately Nope. Nothing available is even close. Maybe in the same family like a cousin rather than a sibling. If you like Coral you'll have to get it. Plenty of other fantastic options to try on the 2bus though but I won't open that can of worms. Push that purchase button and be happy.
I got the full Coral. The amazing Pre is the only thing keeping me from selling it.
Maybe Water Pre`s come close...
Old 15th June 2018
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdilletteMan View Post
Quick question for Acustica Press. When where the last Discount-Mails sent? Might be I`m still not getting Acustica mails.
Hi there, I just read that we sent some coupons recently. So it is possible that because of the whole change of EU laws you are somehow not on the list. Please inform the sales department by opening a sales ticket from the website and they will check this for you. I personally have no access to that system.

Obviously, also check your spam folder but I guess you already did this...
Old 15th June 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acustica Press View Post
Hi there, I just read that we sent some coupons recently. So it is possible that because of the whole change of EU laws you are somehow not on the list. Please inform the sales department by opening a sales ticket from the website and they will check this for you. I personally have no access to that system.

Obviously, also check your spam folder but I guess you already did this...
Will open a ticket. Thanks!
Old 15th June 2018
Lives for gear

Water...............!!!

What can i say? AA have outdone themselves. AGAIN !!!

That EQ !!!

Please get in touch if you are in the UK and want discount coupons.

I have them
Old 15th June 2018
Gear Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by doom64 View Post
I still haven't confirmed officially whether Diamond Color EQ is Core 9 or Core 12.
From AA forum:
Diamond color eq
Post by giancarlo » Sat May 12, 2018 9:20 am

There is a new version of it on aquarius
Basically it is a core 12 - hq version, and using the same cpu load - on Windows it is certified ever as a lot lighter, enjoy
No more echo bug

Old 15th June 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by drezz View Post

I have them
Just to be sure...it's not possible to combine dealer coupons with the loyalty coupons is it??
Old 15th June 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by stella645 View Post
Just to be sure...it's not possible to combine dealer coupons with the loyalty coupons is it??
No, I'm afraid not. It's one or the other.
Old 15th June 2018
Lives for gear
Water is a cool bundle. The EQ preamp is so thick and creamy with a forward presentation when pushed its almost like cheating. Definitely reminiscent of the gear from that time period, geography and manufacturers. Its also sweet how you can also coax out more details as you thicken. The eq itself is great, I prefer boosts but it is powerful as heck. You only need a little to get a lot from it. Seems like a good musical piece-a-puzzle-together kinda mix eq, pushing and pulling back large swaths of frequencies. The real show stopper for me though is the compressor. The way it brings up details in between the drum beat is simply ridiculous. I would assume in mastering it would be a nice tool to have. Great on lead Vocal as well. The added portion from Ebony is huge as for me I sincerely think that compressor is one of the best compressors ITB but wasn't too keen on the color/tone of the preamp. Overall Water is a really sweet bundle. I like these off the beaten track releases. I had to do lots of reading the last two days to get up to snuff on these bad boys.

Edit: Similar to Cream but clearer and far less dense. One two punch?

Last edited by Asher Bay; 15th June 2018 at 05:48 PM..
Old 15th June 2018
Gear Nut

Is there any word on Amber?
Old 15th June 2018
Quote:
Water...............!!!

What can i say? AA have outdone themselves. AGAIN !!!

That EQ !!!

I have them
US Customers get at me for coupons for Water!
Old 15th June 2018
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrG View Post
US Customers get at me for coupons for Water!
Nice! Is this a coupon in conjunction with the pre sale price? double discount?
Old 15th June 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by sn47som View Post
Nice! Is this a coupon in conjunction with the pre sale price? double discount?
Yes. Combined.
Old 15th June 2018
Gear Nut

Quote:
Yes. Combined.
Wow sounds like a pretty good deal!
Old 15th June 2018
Lives for gear

The WATER compressor is on of the best!
Just a little touch of compression (1-3 db) in the mix bus is woww!
It adds tightness, depth and clarity with in a special way that doesn't exist with other compressors.
Even with the PRE "off" you get a very beautiful colour.
I tried it with 2 different tracks (an acoustic Latin and a Tango) and it did the job very easy!
Have to try with other styles though.

cheers
Old 15th June 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by sn47som View Post
Wow sounds like a pretty good deal!
Indeed it is! And Water is sounding fantastic over here. I prefer it in many ways to Cream, and the compressor/limiter is wonderful. Great release AA!

MG
Old 16th June 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrG View Post
Indeed it is! And Water is sounding fantastic over here. I prefer it in many ways to Cream, and the compressor/limiter is wonderful. Great release AA!

MG
Please PM a Water code for this US customer... I think it will complement Cream perfectly
Old 16th June 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by doom64 View Post
The Master List has been updated at Acustica audio acqua plugins general discussion

Also, the word on the street is that Magenta 4 will have true parallel EQ processing capability along with the legacy serial processing. It will be much closer to the hardware design. Just a rumor though!
Core12

No there was no time for parallel eq in magenta, since we are extremely focused on modula and aquarius till september

But as you can see we are improving compressors deconvolution now (at the beginning of the year we improved eq and pre with core12). The water compressor was extremely difficult to achieve
If you check the release curves, they are quite interesting

I think the console trilogy is a little gem.
You miss the last element, but they were planned like a single one, a bit like "the Lord of the rings"

I can't wait till it is completed. Imho elements fit perfectly, there are no duplicates but you have a similar mood, a similar fingerprint. The trilogy is meant to be cohesive and to solve a full range of tasks.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search