The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Acustica audio acqua plugins general discussion Dynamics Plugins
Old 1 week ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by schmeete View Post
Why do you need the whole channel? The EQ and preamp module are the ones i use the most.
Thats what I did.

I havent took a screenshot of what I was trying to build but it didnt worked out as I expected.

The big picture that I tried to route a bunch of inputs to 4 different stereo buss.

There was also 3 different Send channel ( EchoBoy 1x channel for Delay, 1 channel for 3 different type of Verb ( AITB EAR Room, Verbsuite M7 Sunset Chamber, Verbsuite M7 Plate,Softube Spring reverb) and 1 channel for for TimP T-Tape)

Each buss contained a Pre an EQ (mostly GOLD but my FX Buss contained Pearl2 strip) and one of my Favorite TimP utility compressor( La3a, 1176) and the Input for AlexB Neumann SP79. ( I also put Godhertz Wow filter in HQ on my intrument buss)

I then routed the 4 stereo buss to a MIxBuss that contained the output for AlexB SP79, Tan with Pre, Cupwise Vari-Mu followed by Silk.

Each buss and channel also contained the Presonus VU Meter and a Trim plugin .

With the most demanding processing turned off, its still too much for my built it seems.

To be fully honest, I'm not getting much more processing done per session then I had with my 3rd generation i7.
I'll still have to build a composition template, a mixing template and a polishing template....which is freaking sad considering that I've put 1300$ CAD hoping that would speed up my work flow.

Acustica audio acqua plugins general discussion-strip.jpg

By the way, can someone explain me why I can load 16 full GOLD in seperate input channel that take about 3% each but when I load 1 GOLD pre , its eating 6% of my cpu ressouces....

Attached Thumbnails
Acustica audio acqua plugins general discussion-strip.jpg  
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head

Once you start stacking 8-10 acquas with or without algos, workflow is utterly abysmal. Its impossible to get a lot of work done in a relatively quick amount of time. The latency unimaginably sucks so much so that Im rethinking even using acquas or maybe 1 or 2 but what's the point then? more than 1 or 2 are needed for a good sounding mix.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by sn47som View Post
Once you start stacking 8-10 acquas with or without algos, workflow is utterly abysmal. Its impossible to get a lot of work done in a relatively quick amount of time. The latency unimaginably sucks so much so that Im rethinking even using acquas or maybe 1 or 2 but what's the point then? more than 1 or 2 are needed for a good sounding mix.
This is not a universal truth. This is what you are experiencing and assuming we all do.

This is not my experience.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Ray View Post
This is not a universal truth. This is what you are experiencing and assuming we all do.

This is not my experience.
so you're saying you've tweaked all your xml buffers and run the most expensive hardware/setup? If not then you are definitely getting a lot of latency or not using too many acquas.

If none of this is true then PLEASE do delight us with the wondrous pill you take for improved experience.
Old 1 week ago
Quote:
so you're saying you've tweaked all your xml buffers and run the most expensive hardware/setup? If not then you are definitely getting a lot of latency or not using too many acquas.

If none of this is true then PLEASE do delight us with the wondrous pill you take for improved experience.
I'm assuming what he's saying is that he learned to use Acquas and N4 in minimal amount so his workflow doesnt suffer and he's happy with it.

I think I was having too big of a dream for whats today technology would make it possible to opperate.

What I understand with my 1300$ test is that there is no way I can go all ITB for now to get the results I'm hoping for.

My console, my Otari and my compressors will need to stay plugged in my hybrid setup and keep on dealing with noise floor unless I can be psycologicly satisfied with a more sterile but less noisy mix.

Nothing is perfect, there consequences on both sides.

Oh well. Now I know for sure at least.

Last edited by Martel80; 1 week ago at 10:38 PM..
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear
Reaper has multiple freeze stages.

Just sayin'.
Old 1 week ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolin View Post

Just sayin'.
I'm 100% sure there is.

There's also certain functions that I learned in S1 that I wasnt able to recreate in reaper.

For example, simply holding ALT + left click on the end of a file to stretch it.

In editing I cant say how much this single function is used.

I'm sure there must be a twist with one of the thousands add-on that are possible to connect to Reaper but I dont have the time to spend another month and maybe more to figure it out.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolin View Post

Just sayin'.
Yep! This is exactly what I'm doing and actually that was the main reason I turned to Reaper. In the meantime I discovered many other goodies as well.
However a new modern cpu that could double or more the Aqua - N4 instances that I can run at once would be welcomed.
But definitively, even with "freezing" I can do my job and mix happy with these lovely sounding tools.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Nut

@Martel80 could you do a quick test, assembling similar or same template/plugins setup in Reaper, to compare CPU usage and overall plugins headroom ?
I find out that i can use about 25-35% more Nebula/Acqua plugins in Reaper than in S1.. (without any THREADS tweaks e.t.c.)
Reaper's "Anticipative FX Processing" inbuilt algorithm makes resource usage just crazy, utilizing modern multicore CPU's over
the top.
But sadly currently, same as you, i haven't enough free time to get accustomed to Reaper's workflow.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

I found that turning off hyperthreading in my BIOS helped in Reaper too (but definitely read into it). The Reaper workflow is great for me so far .... I find that every DAW has its pros and cons, though ... but overall, Reaper is one of the best. It might be less important to some, but I like that there are so many themes available too. It's nice to be able to customize the look for something that I have to stare at for 7+ hours.
Old 1 week ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceejay View Post
@Martel80 could you do a quick test, assembling similar or same template/plugins setup in Reaper, to compare CPU usage and overall plugins headroom ?
I find out that i can use about 25-35% more Nebula/Acqua plugins in Reaper than in S1.. (without any THREADS tweaks e.t.c.)
Reaper's "Anticipative FX Processing" inbuilt algorithm makes resource usage just crazy, utilizing modern multicore CPU's over
the top.
But sadly currently, same as you, i haven't enough free time to get accustomed to Reaper's workflow.
@ceejay, this computer is new and I havent installed reaper on it. I was actually not planning on installing it.
Like I said on the previous message, there's some function that are not possible or that I simply dont know that I can do with 1 click or one keyboard shortcut in S1 and that really killed me when I tried it.
I tought it felt even more like computer programming, all the plugin in a window similar to soundforge 2002.

I really found it stable but did not appreciate one bit the workflow, again, clearly because i'm not used to ''programming'' it yet.

For now, Reaper is not for me.

Maybe one day I'll listen to a tutorial on Youtube and one guy will be like, if you want those functionality, click the link in the description for a file that will install them all.

But until then, I dont want to go nerd out my life to code a DAW.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Nut

Martel, i got your point clearly. Currently S1 is my choose too, because of super comfortable workflow.
BTW: There are portable trial version of Reaper available, so you may test it anytime w/o installation.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martel80 View Post
I'm 100% sure there is.

There's also certain functions that I learned in S1 that I wasnt able to recreate in reaper.

For example, simply holding ALT + left click on the end of a file to stretch it.

In editing I cant say how much this single function is used.

I'm sure there must be a twist with one of the thousands add-on that are possible to connect to Reaper but I dont have the time to spend another month and maybe more to figure it out.
It's exactly the same action in reaper. As soon as you see the "hand" you just drag the edge...
Old 1 week ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceejay View Post
Martel, i got your point clearly. Currently S1 is my choose too, because of super comfortable workflow.
BTW: There are portable trial version of Reaper available, so you may test it anytime w/o installation.
Ok, I will find a version this week and try it out.

Thanks for pointing it out.

Quote:
It's exactly the same action in reaper. As soon as you see the "hand" you just drag the edge...
Thanks James, I'll give it another try I guess
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:

No.

You don’t seem like a nice person.

Mull it over.

I’m a person too, my friend. Deep breath. I don’t like feeling attacked, or watching others be either.

The good news: I’m not doing anything that others haven’t explained.

If you sincerely want help, feel free to message me.

But “panties in a bunch” type of comments have revealed your toxic nature.

I’m already aware of the fact that your claims aren’t universally true... I experience them daily. I just wanted to make sure YOU knew that.

That will remain my contribution for now. Please consider lowering the extremity of your discourse as a favor to those of you that like helping people. You may enjoy the results.

Take this “pill” first. The others will be much easier to swallow.
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Reaper gone down... Cannot load any sessions.

Hi Everyone. I cannot load any reaper sessions without it crashing.
Ive never had a problem with Reaper till now and i can't use at all - and I'm in middle of a bunch of mixes...
Im only using Nebula and Acqua plugins in the sessions..

Anyone had any issues like this recently ?

Any particular acqua plugin s causing any dramas ?

Any help would be appreciated, and the Reaper Customer service support is HARD not being in the same country...

Any help, greatly appreciated ;-)

Thinking of demoing Studio One 4 to get the mixes finished till the Reaper problem gets sorted..
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by drumsareme View Post
Hi Everyone. I cannot load any reaper sessions without it crashing.
Ive never had a problem with Reaper till now and i can't use at all - and I'm in middle of a bunch of mixes...
Im only using Nebula and Acqua plugins in the sessions..

Anyone had any issues like this recently ?

Any particular acqua plugin s causing any dramas ?

Any help would be appreciated, and the Reaper Customer service support is HARD not being in the same country...

Any help, greatly appreciated ;-)

Thinking of demoing Studio One 4 to get the mixes finished till the Reaper problem gets sorted..
No problems this end. One of the ways to diagnose is to open your project in safe mode and then re enable each plugin one at a time till you get the crash. It helps to have your resource monitor open while you do it so as to keep an eye out for serious spikes in cpu/ram
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Nah, doesn't work, tried that - i cannot load any nebula or acqua plugins ... trying cockos plugins now...
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Ok, so cockos plugins WORK , acqua plugins WORK... Nebula DOES NOT WORK....

Performance meter is fine..

Anyone know why ?
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac
Quote:

Anyone know why ?

I work with Reaper and Aqua Plugins (Not Nebula) . Never had issues.

BUT, with some others, I had trouble in those 2 cases :

1 When I load AU plugin just after (or before) VST plug in the same FX chain Track

2 For exemple, with Reverb Overload, I couldn't keep both format in my Library (component and VST) . For Breverb, I delete the VST version and only keep the AU.
And it works perfectly now (don't ask me why Reaper doesn't like to load the tow format).

SOLUTION, to isolate the trouble, Re OPEN your Session with the selection (in the bottom of the page) " OPEN WITH FX OFFLINE"

Then, when you select the Plugin on each track, Reaper will ask you if you want to activate the plugin. You will have to do it one by one but I will show you when Reaper crash.

I hope it helps.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:

Anyone know why ?
Loading both here. Try an n4/3 uninstall reinstall
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Pre similar to Coral`s ?

Hey guys. Out of the Coral Bundle I recently find myself just using the Pre (just the 1 Pre `Coral`), on the 2-Buss. I really love the sound. Do you know of another, similar sounding Pre in the AA world?
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

Water...Coming Soon!!!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Acustica audio acqua plugins general discussion-water.jpg  
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdilletteMan View Post
Hey guys. Out of the Coral Bundle I recently find myself just using the Pre (just the 1 Pre `Coral`), on the 2-Buss. I really love the sound. Do you know of another, similar sounding Pre in the AA world?
Unfortunately Nope. Nothing available is even close. Maybe in the same family like a cousin rather than a sibling. If you like Coral you'll have to get it. Plenty of other fantastic options to try on the 2bus though but I won't open that can of worms. Push that purchase button and be happy.
Old 6 days ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidgary73 View Post
Water...Coming Soon!!!!!
funken nice
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidgary73 View Post
Water...Coming Soon!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by audiodistortion View Post
funken nice
Is this the Telefunken V611/612? I don't know anything about vintage German gear. I'm guessing this is tube and not solid state?

How does this sound compared to other contemporaries from the same time period? I'm guessing Water sounds nothing like Sand and is more in Cream territory.
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by swartzfeger View Post
Is this the Telefunken V611/612? I don't know anything about vintage German gear. I'm guessing this is tube and not solid state?

How does this sound compared to other contemporaries from the same time period? I'm guessing Water sounds nothing like Sand and is more in Cream territory.
This is posted in AA Official FB Group and Drezz Dressler said:

WE starte testing. It sounds freakin awesome. There's nothing like this EQ in Aqua land so far. Warm, Quality, Huge.............This EQ cuts into mixes, but sounds refined and solid. Preamps are very cool too, haven't fully evaluated the comp, but so far with filter engaged it seems like it's up there with recent comp releases from AA. I think it's gonna be another essential. Get your wallets ready. guys......................Seriously useful and another classic in the making.
Old 5 days ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by swartzfeger View Post
Not exactly... Also, not only German(ium)...

I think today AA is going to unveil this knotty mystery.
Old 5 days ago
Gear Head
Anyone else have issues with Ebony occasionally not producing sounds and also sometimes dials on reverb section of channel strip defaulting to ZERO and then can't adjust them? I am on Windows 10 and it was happening in Reaper for me but I am now trying out mixing in Studio One and same thing happens there (I ignored it till now as thought it was quirk of Reaper). The only way I can make it work again is to reload plugin, not even restart works. Can't replicate when it happens but happens often enough to be pain in arse
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

Water is out! Huzzah.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search