The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Acustica audio acqua plugins general discussion Audio Interfaces
Old 31st July 2015
  #61
Lives for gear
 
Mercado_Negro's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfjer View Post
i wouldn't mind be proven wrong on that one
Aqua is noting more than nebula in a great skin and stand alone plugins with a pretty great workflow as far as i know
so i dont see the reason why it should not work

i got noting against nebula it self , im just a little scared i could easily losing my self in it trying everything there is and completely forget about writing and recording songs hehe
You don't have parameters to tweak in sampled reverbs. Most of them are sampled on different reverb times and/or straight presets from the hardware units. You have to go loading each program depending on what you looking for (2ms, 1 sec, tiled room preset from a PCM70, things like that). So, having an acqua with no controls to tweak (besides dry/wet) and where you have to load programs is just like having Nebula.
Old 31st July 2015
  #62
Lives for gear
 
jfjer's Avatar
 

Thread Starter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercado_Negro View Post
You don't have parameters to tweak in sampled reverbs. Most of them are sampled on different reverb times and/or straight presets from the hardware units. You have to go loading each program depending on what you looking for (2ms, 1 sec, tiled room preset from a PCM70, things like that). So, having an acqua with no controls to tweak (besides dry/wet) and where you have to load programs is just like having Nebula.
i see your point , it`s a strong one

well i thought about it for 2secs.
im in on nebula when nebula 4 hits
Old 31st July 2015
  #63
Lives for gear
 
Mercado_Negro's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfjer View Post
i see your point , it`s a strong one

well i thought about it for 2secs.
im in on nebula when nebula 4 hits
Why wait? To me, Aqcua isn't better than Nebula. In fact, while the workflow might be problematic I still think Nebula has a few advantages over Nebula. You have lower CPU load and all EQ bands at once in Acqua but the beauty of having any EQ band you want in one place has no price, to me. Sure, you have to go loading Nebulas per band which is counterproductive for most users but adding 2dBs at 100Hz with AlexB A5A (API 550A), cutting a bit of mud at 240Hz with AlexB A5B (API 550B), then adding 1dB or 2dBs at 2,5kHz with AlexB PTeQ or T95 on a kick drum is priceless. Using bands from different EQs IS the real advantage of Nebula. Maybe this will be possible with Nebula 4 where you could have slots to load programs and then save that as your special hybrid EQ, who knows. Also, maybe I'm just too spoiled by the fact I can mix different EQ bands that I don't see how having Amber or Green or any other Acqua might give me better results than loading Nebulas with EQ bands that I know that work on this or that scenario.

I'm glad that AA is developing Acquas because more and more people are jumping in everyday and that's great news for them as a company. People are realizing how good this tech is for equalizers (and people like me aren't considered nuts, fanboys or placebo lovers anymore). But with Acquas, these people are just seeing a tiny part of the real and true magic of Volterra Kernels, Nebula and the myriad of libraries that just sweep the floor with what's been sampled for Acqua so far. If you like Amber, Green and all those Acquas you're gonna FLIP OUT once you hear something like Q8, R2R tape, American console and eqs libraries, AlexB or Tim's Pultecs, Tim's Gyrator... man, I could go on.

Acqua is great for "easy with a nice sound" but Nebula still holds the crown when it comes to "real hardware sound". Of course, it goes without saying that this is just my opinion.
Old 31st July 2015
  #64
Lives for gear
 
jfjer's Avatar
 

Thread Starter
i have to say that the Pearl sounds very hardware to me
its in short incredible sounding
such a shame it was only available to only a few , hope more aqua eq`s of this caliber is coming

i think that having all the bands available in an eq for me its the reason im gonna stay with aqua at least for the eq part of aqua

if there's a nebula eq that wipes the floor with the Pearl i want to know
Old 31st July 2015
  #65
Lives for gear
 
ngarjuna's Avatar
Another possible advantage of Nebula over the Acquas: I don't know who's doing the sampling over at Acustica for these Acquas but I can tell you that the likes of Alex B, Michael at CDSM, Tim P, VNXT and others like them all do a lot of program tweaking to achieve the superior results they get. In my experience none of the Acquas are as good as the stuff done by these guys with now years of Nebula sampling and tweaking under their belts (the one Acqua people tell me is on par is the one that is not for sale for vanity reasons). Maybe the guys doing the Acquas are on par but…I wouldn't just assume that's the case. There's a lot more to making a great Nebula program than just plugging in and turning on NAT.
Old 31st July 2015
  #66
Lives for gear
 
Will The Weirdo's Avatar
Yeah, as good as the Acqua's are, I would still take Nebula every day of the week. The power of Nebula has just scratched the surface with the current Acqua's. Nebula 4 is what I'm really waiting for...... I have a feeling pro audio in the computer will never be the same.
Old 31st July 2015
  #67
Lives for gear
 
jfjer's Avatar
 

Thread Starter
i think they both got there strengths both nebula and aqua

its cool to hear that nebula in many ways does sound mush better than aqua

still the aqua eq`s have a better workflow that i cant move away from ,and the aquas are already kicking algo eq`s butt big-time in sound in my ears

absolutely not disappointing to hear that the aquas can be improved in sound,
and over time i think they will
Old 31st July 2015
  #68
Lives for gear
 
jfjer's Avatar
 

Thread Starter
Quote:
Originally Posted by ngarjuna View Post
In my experience none of the Acquas are as good as the stuff done by these guys with now years of Nebula sampling and tweaking under their belts (the one Acqua people tell me is on par is the one that is not for sale for vanity reasons).
are you referring to Pearl when you say " the one Acqua people tell me is on par is the one that is not for sale for vanity reasons " ?
do these guys also have nebula ?
Old 31st July 2015
  #69
Lives for gear
 
ngarjuna's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfjer View Post
are you referring to Pearl when you say " the one Acqua people tell me is on par is the one that is not for sale for vanity reasons " ?
do these guys also have nebula ?
Yes and yes.
Old 31st July 2015
  #70
Lives for gear
 
jfjer's Avatar
 

Thread Starter
Quote:
Originally Posted by ngarjuna View Post
Yes and yes.
well i dont have nebula yet but the Pearl is shockingly good,
and i did not get this for vanity or to feel special , absolutely not , the demo sounded so good to me that i just couldn't pass

in the digital domain i think all should have access to the same tools
so i hope there comes an aqua on this level soon that all can get

maby i dont know better but in my mind and ears i cant imagine a better sounding eq right now , but i hope im wrong

if someone could point out an eq that is better sounding than Pearl please do so because im gonna get nebula 4 and i wouldn't mind more tools sounding this great
Old 31st July 2015
  #71
Lives for gear
 
ngarjuna's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfjer View Post
well i dont have nebula yet but the Pearl is shockingly good,
and i did not get this for vanity or to feel special , absolutely not , the demo sounded so good to me that i just couldn't pass

in the digital domain i think all should have access to the same tools
so i hope there comes an aqua on this level soon that all can get

maby i dont know better but in my mind and ears i cant imagine a better sounding eq right now , but i hope im wrong

if someone could point out an eq that is better sounding than Pearl please do so because im gonna get nebula 4 and i wouldn't mind more tools sounding this great
I wasn't referring to the PEARL plugin as a vanity plugin, I was referring to the sales limitation of the PEARL plugin. Needless to say I think it's a pretty bloody stupid policy.

But no, I wasn't saying those other EQs are better than PEARL (after all, I would't really know since I can't even buy PEARL), I was saying that the Nebula folks I've talked to who did buy it quick all said that PEARL was basically as good as many of the best Nebula programs. Which is great. But that was in answer to the question "So which of these new Acqua doodads should I try out?" and that was the only one any of them suggested. Take that how you will.
Old 31st July 2015
  #72
Lives for gear
 
jfjer's Avatar
 

Thread Starter
Quote:
Originally Posted by ngarjuna View Post
I wasn't referring to the PEARL plugin as a vanity plugin, I was referring to the sales limitation of the PEARL plugin. Needless to say I think it's a pretty bloody stupid policy.

But no, I wasn't saying those other EQs are better than PEARL (after all, I would't really know since I can't even buy PEARL), I was saying that the Nebula folks I've talked to who did buy it quick all said that PEARL was basically as good as many of the best Nebula programs. Which is great. But that was in answer to the question "So which of these new Acqua doodads should I try out?" and that was the only one any of them suggested. Take that how you will.
I completely agree about sales limitations being stupid, i personally think its lame , i really mean that ,
i said the same thing in the Pearl thread before they where sold out ,
and i really hope this does not happen again

i really dont get the point to be honest because if you give the same tools to 10 top mixing engineers
you will have 10 different mixes anyway
tools is just tools , a good mix is about skills no matter what, but a good tool will make it more easy to get where you want

the Pearl limitation could be a stunt to make people to talk about it , not the coolest stunt if you ask me
but if that was the point they succeeded " im not gonna put a smiley face here "
but after they released pearl they better release eq`s in the same league or else the Pearl owners will say it is not on the same level and ruin they're aqua business
i hope they thought about that or else the stunt could blow up in they're face

its the same guy that sampled the Pearl ( stedal, aka Stefano Dall'Ora ) that sampled the free Ocre that is coming in August, so i hope its a great sounding eq

its just 2 months since i stumbled over Acustica aqua so im pretty new in this world

i really didǹt believe i would ever become a nebula guy, but im convinced now no doubt, im already on aqua, next is nebula

im a friendly and honest guy so i hope im not seem aggressive or something because im not
Old 31st July 2015
  #73
Lives for gear
 
DrAudioBot's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaphod View Post
we supports refunds for product without trials.
We are releasing trials of everything as requested, though.
can't wait for magenta demo!

purchased orange eq few days ago...i love it, especially since it sounds VERY different to any algo EQ
Old 31st July 2015
  #74
Lives for gear
 
jfjer's Avatar
 

Thread Starter
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrAudioBot View Post
can't wait for magenta demo!

purchased orange eq few days ago...i love it, especially since it sounds VERY different to any algo EQ
the fun thing about aqua eq`s is that they are so different in character
when you go back to algo after trying a couple of aquas the algos sound really boring and flat
i do have UAD so i believe i have access to the best algo eq`s there is
even the clean ones in aqua world have a nice sonic print
i do have the honey and the ivory to and i love them
i said this before about ivory , clean doesn't sound boring when it sounds great
Old 31st July 2015
  #75
Lives for gear
 
jfjer's Avatar
 

Thread Starter
Quote:
Originally Posted by ngarjuna View Post
I wasn't referring to the PEARL plugin as a vanity plugin, I was referring to the sales limitation of the PEARL plugin. Needless to say I think it's a pretty bloody stupid policy.

But no, I wasn't saying those other EQs are better than PEARL (after all, I would't really know since I can't even buy PEARL), I was saying that the Nebula folks I've talked to who did buy it quick all said that PEARL was basically as good as many of the best Nebula programs. Which is great. But that was in answer to the question "So which of these new Acqua doodads should I try out?" and that was the only one any of them suggested. Take that how you will.
I have to quote you again , i do think the ivory is a really good eq and really worth a try, it supposed to be really close to the hardware to but i would wait for the free Ohre first before buy if you gonna go for a aqua eq, i have a feeling its gonna sound great
Old 31st July 2015
  #76
Lives for gear
 
ngarjuna's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfjer View Post
I completely agree about sales limitations being stupid, i personally think its lame , i really mean that ,
i said the same thing in the Pearl thread before they where sold out ,
and i really hope this does not happen again

i really dont get the point to be honest because if you give the same tools to 10 top mixing engineers
you will have 10 different mixes anyway
tools is just tools , a good mix is about skills no matter what, but a good tool will make it more easy to get where you want

the Pearl limitation could be a stunt to make people to talk about it , not the coolest stunt if you ask me
but if that was the point they succeeded " im not gonna put a smiley face here "
but after they released pearl they better release eq`s in the same league or else the Pearl owners will say it is not on the same level and ruin they're aqua business
i hope they thought about that or else the stunt could blow up in they're face

its the same guy that sampled the Pearl ( stedal, aka Stefano Dall'Ora ) that sampled the free Ocre that is coming in August, so i hope its a great sounding eq

its just 2 months since i stumbled over Acustica aqua so im pretty new in this world

i really didǹt believe i would ever become a nebula guy, but im convinced now no doubt, im already on aqua, next is nebula

im a friendly and honest guy so i hope im not seem aggressive or something because im not
Not at all, you seem perfectly friendly. I think I understand the play they made with the Pearl I just think like some other recent decisions it's fairly cynical coming from a company whose official literature has sometimes read like a socialist manifesto. But they're free to pursue their market however they want, at the end of the day i have my job because of what I do not because of the tools I use; Nebula's just another tool I like to use to get the job done.

I will say that regardless of how good the Acquas are there's definitely a huge wealth of great libraries on the Nebula platform. And the value compared to the Acquas will definitely make you think twice about how important those GUIs are to you. For example CDSM's Reel 2 Real is one of the all time classic Nebula libraries. There's an Acqua too. The Acquas are fine, each as good as any single Neb instance but the Nebula programs come scaled by sampling input level, with various tape stock, different sampling passes on the really old decks (the variation is huge), etc. It really is like getting a much larger library for a fraction of the cost. im not sure how the newer console Acquas work (I really don't ever need to buy another console program heh) but I think they at least come with some of the variations that the library would have, just not sure if it's 100%.

ETA: Of course different devs handle consoles differently anyway, not every console collection has as much variation as, say, an Alex B console library.
Old 1st August 2015
  #77
Lives for gear
 
jfjer's Avatar
 

Thread Starter
Quote:
Originally Posted by ngarjuna View Post
Not at all, you seem perfectly friendly. I think I understand the play they made with the Pearl I just think like some other recent decisions it's fairly cynical coming from a company whose official literature has sometimes read like a socialist manifesto. But they're free to pursue their market however they want, at the end of the day i have my job because of what I do not because of the tools I use; Nebula's just another tool I like to use to get the job done.

I will say that regardless of how good the Acquas are there's definitely a huge wealth of great libraries on the Nebula platform. And the value compared to the Acquas will definitely make you think twice about how important those GUIs are to you. For example CDSM's Reel 2 Real is one of the all time classic Nebula libraries. There's an Acqua too. The Acquas are fine, each as good as any single Neb instance but the Nebula programs come scaled by sampling input level, with various tape stock, different sampling passes on the really old decks (the variation is huge), etc. It really is like getting a much larger library for a fraction of the cost. im not sure how the newer console Acquas work (I really don't ever need to buy another console program heh) but I think they at least come with some of the variations that the library would have, just not sure if it's 100%.

ETA: Of course different devs handle consoles differently anyway, not every console collection has as much variation as, say, an Alex B console library.

Well i was pretty upset of the Price of the Ultramarine hehe , but i dont whisper when i get angry about those things , i think zaphod called me out and actually called me poor because i said that 299 was way to steep , i have newer complainted about aqua prices before , i think that going over 200 euro is crossing a line no matter what , 299 is stupid, you only got a hell of a lot less buyers , its that simple,
it got a great tone and its good, i think its the best sounding native Fairchild in tone when not pushed hard that i have heard, but you cant really push it like a compressor should handle like my Uad fairchild mk2
and i did wonder why the UM sounded clearer than my mk2 FC , well i found out The UM has bass roll of haha so i hit my ua Fc with a lo shelf at 60 hz Did -2 or 3db bam Same clarity to me
. I have some Uad compressors and i must say they are really great , i know they dont have the full tone and saturation like the hardware but the behaviour is really there i think, and some times that is more important than the tone it self because i could easely do some coloring before or after a really great compression behaviour anyway the way i see it .
so i absolutely dont think UM is worth 299. Becase if im right in suspecting that nebula has just as great ones already the price is really off ,
am i right or wrong on that ?

The behavour i heard in tim p compressor on youtube sounded impressive by the way and he had a nice skin to go with it to
Old 1st August 2015
  #78
Lives for gear
 
ngarjuna's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfjer View Post
Well i was pretty upset of the Price of the Ultramarine hehe , but i dont whisper when i get angry about those things , i think zaphod called me out and actually called me poor because i said that 299 was way to steep , i have newer complainted about aqua prices before , i think that going over 200 euro is crossing a line no matter what , 299 is stupid, you only got a hell of a lot less buyers , its that simple,
it got a great tone and its good, i think its the best sounding native Fairchild in tone when not pushed hard that i have heard, but you cant really push it like a compressor should handle like my Uad fairchild mk2
and i did wonder why the UM sounded clearer than my mk2 FC , well i found out The UM has bass roll of haha so i hit my ua Fc with a lo shelf at 60 hz Did -2 or 3db bam Same clarity to me
. I have some Uad compressors and i must say they are really great , i know they dont have the full tone and saturation like the hardware but the behaviour is really there i think, and some times that is more important than the tone it self because i could easely do some coloring before or after a really great compression behaviour anyway the way i see it .
so i absolutely dont think UM is worth 299. Becase if im right in suspecting that nebula has just as great ones already the price is really off ,
am i right or wrong on that ?
Well I've never demo'd the UM (and I'm not planning on doing so), I definitely can't compare it. But there are some pretty useful Nebula compressor programs:
-My favorite is Tim Cupwise's Smooth 609, really beautiful. But the best sounding variant program is render only, a definite limitation (though he has a light version of that program that is quite usable and sounds pretty close).
-I never loved the attack/release of the 1176s available; but using Alex's programs with an emulation that nails the behavior but not so much the saturation/circuit is a great combo. I need to buy Tim P's 76 program, his compressors have continued to advance and I'm sure they're even better than the last one I tried. Maybe he nailed the fast attack.
-AlexB's newish 2254 and 2264 are lovely. I've never used either as hardware so I have no base of comparison but they are seriously useful to me.

As to the subject of Fairchilds, I recommend Henry Olonga's Fairchild line amp programs (I think it was Henry) combined with your favorite other emulation that nails the behavior. I haven't tried it yet but I'll bet the early MJUC model + a good Nebula Fairchild saturation profile = as Fairchild-y as any other software Fairchilds out there; although in the short time I've been using it I'm not convinced that the MJUC "needs" spicing up to be honest.

Last edited by ngarjuna; 1st August 2015 at 01:41 AM.. Reason: homophones!
Old 1st August 2015
  #79
Lives for gear
 
Will The Weirdo's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ngarjuna View Post
Not at all, you seem perfectly friendly. I think I understand the play they made with the Pearl I just think like some other recent decisions it's fairly cynical coming from a company whose official literature has sometimes read like a socialist manifesto.
Yeah, this is where they logically lost me, and why I respectfully asked for for the Manifest to be changed, lol. All that got me was an assertive **** off, it's my company, my words, my way, my code, my Manifest, my world, lol.

I absolutely LOVE Nebula and have been saying it for some years now but the Acustica we all came to love over the last decade, and their philosophy has changed. Nothing wrong with that, everything is the Universe is about change, but to not admit to the change is a troubling thing. Anyway, it is what it is.

I'll be grabbing a few Acqua's next month to compliment my large Nebula library. I feel the Acqua quality is top notch when compared to my Nebula EQ library. I'm currently grabbing every reverb I can find, hoping AITB site comes back online so I can grab all their verbs. Nebula verbs are vastly superior to algo plugs in sound quality. I have been blessed to have used many top notch analogue verbs and Nebula is the closest sounding to analogue, if your CPU can stand the pressure, lol. My favorite's are Gene Lennon's TC 6000's & all the STN large verb library.
Old 1st August 2015
  #80
Lives for gear
 
davidgary73's Avatar
Same here. i don't plan to buy UM either. MJUC with Henry's Mojo 670 will give you more mojo-ness and as said by ngarjuna, MJUC might not need the spicing up as its already sounding very very good. Plus its only USD 30 and worth the admission of price.

I bought Sknote SDC as well and i'm pretty done with compressors plus i bought Magenta 2 yesterday and wow, it's really really good sounding plugin.
Old 1st August 2015
  #81
Lives for gear
 
jfjer's Avatar
 

Thread Starter
Quote:
Originally Posted by ngarjuna View Post
Well I've never demo'd the UM (and I'm not planning on doing so), I definitely can't compare it. But there are some pretty useful Nebula compressor programs:
-My favorite is Tim Cupwise's Smooth 609, really beautiful. But the best sounding variant program is render only, a definite limitation (though he has a light version of that program that is quite usable and sounds pretty close).
-I never loved the attack/release of the 1176s available; but using Alex's programs with an emulation that nails the behavior but not so much the saturation/circuit is a great combo. I need to buy Tim P's 76 program, his compressors have continued to advance and I'm sure they're even better than the last one I tried. Maybe he nailed the fast attack.
-AlexB's newish 2254 and 2264 are lovely. I've never used either as hardware so I have no base of comparison but they are seriously useful to me.

As to the subject of Fairchilds, I recommend Henry Olonga's Fairchild line amp programs (I think it was Henry) combined with your favorite other emulation that nails the behavior. I haven't tried it yet but I'll bet the early MJUC model + a good Nebula Fairchild saturation profile = as Fairchild-y as any other software Fairchilds out there; although in the short time I've been using it I'm not convinced that the MJUC "needs" spicing up to be honest.
what i got to do is finding those tools that capture the full tone and saturation on the 1176 and la-2a
because i already got a behaviour I'm very happy with in the uad 1176 and la2a , they also got some colour that actually is not bad at all but when you hear shootouts between them and real hardware you hear some colour and sonics missing , the behaviour is pretty mush spot on
what was kind of funny in a blind test though,
on pro tools expert 60 - 70% preferred the plugin ower the hardware on 1176 Ln hehe , i did to even after i knew the answer but on vocals the hardware crushed the plugin real bad , i even heard it on my iPad speaker , so yeah the sonics and saturation really do count especially where it matters , and is there a more important part of the song than the vocal hehe

heres the link : http://www.pro-tools-expert.com/home...176ln-plu.html

i just heard it again on my cans and now i preferred the hardware the most but i must say that the plugin is really good , and if i can pair that with a nebula 1176 saturation sonics only i don't think i could tell the difference

thank you for great tips on great sounding nebula tools by the way , i know there are so many libraries that its a jungle , so its great to already know some great ones to buy when i get nebula
Old 1st August 2015
  #82
Gear Nut
 

Talking

Henry's 670 mojo sounds great - just compared if to ultramarine. Of course you can get a lot more out of the um but the price is really a bit high I have to admit. For 50€ or so you get Henry's complete bundle and it's full of gems! The la2a mojo for example is gorgeous and the air eq (clariphonic) is worth the price alone for me! All the preamps, quick mix series, the mics, amps... Incredible what you get for that price!
Tried some of the new alexb demos and they sound soooo good. He definitly does something right with the sampling. his stuff somehow has even more of this open, lively character than the acquas I've tried. And timp's stuff I have is highly usable and sounding superb - top notch libraries definitely! My favourites maybe the gyrator eq and the color things which are insane on guitars and synths - really. but his comps too - they just work as expected and sound open and great. So no matter what acustica's future paths are - together with all the great 3rd party offerings we can get incredible sound quality for very cheap! And more than enough... It's all good here on my side
Old 1st August 2015
  #83
Lives for gear
 

For what its' worth ...

As much as I like the convenience and work-flow with ACQUA's ... I have purchased many, many NEBULA libraries, and they remain a major factor in all my work.

The latest v2 releases from AlexB are spectacular. Considering the co$t factor, it's an easy decision.

And be sure ... each Nebula library has its' unique character [even from similar units]. They come from unique pieces.

We should remember ... these plugins and libraries are NOT algo's .... they are 'sampled'.
Therefore, 3rd party Devs might have access to hardware that not everyone has sitting around. Some units are rare. Guys like AlexB are also 'maintenance' engineers that work to restore these units. [He's not the only one], but it shows that much effort, time, and testing go into each library creation.

Another thought to remember. AA has an upgrade policy for Nebula. Basically, you pay only the difference to upgrade [say from Pro to Server]. We have every reason to believe that this will also be the case when the next version gets released [v3 to v4] ... basically paying the difference.
Old 1st August 2015
  #84
Lives for gear
 
jfjer's Avatar
 

Thread Starter
Quote:
Originally Posted by lubomba View Post
Henry's 670 mojo sounds great - just compared if to ultramarine. Of course you can get a lot more out of the um but the price is really a bit high I have to admit. For 50€ or so you get Henry's complete bundle and it's full of gems! The la2a mojo for example is gorgeous and the air eq (clariphonic) is worth the price alone for me! All the preamps, quick mix series, the mics, amps... Incredible what you get for that price!
Tried some of the new alexb demos and they sound soooo good. He definitly does something right with the sampling. his stuff somehow has even more of this open, lively character than the acquas I've tried. And timp's stuff I have is highly usable and sounding superb - top notch libraries definitely! My favourites maybe the gyrator eq and the color things which are insane on guitars and synths - really. but his comps too - they just work as expected and sound open and great. So no matter what acustica's future paths are - together with all the great 3rd party offerings we can get incredible sound quality for very cheap! And more than enough... It's all good here on my side
im so gonna go for nebula
the aquas is great
nebula is great
uad is great ( but it is a a sinking ship to me )hi hi
combine those and it just can't be better itb i think ,

of corse i don't think someone must have UAD ,
because just the cards are insane priced and these days really underpowered for what you get especially if you're gonna run they're latest stuff

compared to a new purchased UAD card with a fairchild purchase Ultramarine is a bargain hahaha that really should say something

i give uad maby a year before the competition have them nailed in them 1176 and la-2a`s sound and behaviour

after discovering aqua to me they are a fast sinking ship right now,

but i have 6 dsp sharks and it is just convenient to have them , i really can run a lot of really good compressors ( la-2a-1176-fairchild are my favourites)
wouldn't buy them today though, its because of the price

i have said this before : I'm not a fanboy of any company , I'm just a fan of the tools that really sound good and is useful no matter who company who made them, its sounds like a cliché but its true
Old 1st August 2015
  #85
Lives for gear
 
jfjer's Avatar
 

Thread Starter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funtom View Post
If u use them for mastering, I would suggest Magenta which is amazing and Murano. Happy with how that chain sounds TBH! Also you can wait on Ivory compressor as complementary to your EQ, but get Magenta
i know tis a late quote and i dont try to convincing you try anything else , because if the MP sound you want you just have to buy that one, im hoping my self there will be a demo of it
me i got the uad Manly mp , to me Ivory just Blow the ua MP one to dust in my ears and theire absolutely not even same hardware inspirited pieces

there are many cool demos now and if you want to try the because sometimes they dissapear
Old 1st August 2015
  #86
Gear Maniac
 
SMaus's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfjer View Post
Well i was pretty upset of the Price of the Ultramarine hehe , but i dont whisper when i get angry about those things , i think zaphod called me out and actually called me poor because i said that 299 was way to steep , i have newer complainted about aqua prices before , i think that going over 200 euro is crossing a line no matter what , 299 is stupid, you only got a hell of a lot less buyers , its that simple,
Being a big fan of Acustica Aqua myself, especially the EQs, I was thinking along similar lines. I'm sure the Ultramarine will be a fantastic and outstanding piece of software. But as an amateur mixer I must say Acustica crossed my pain threshold when they exceeded 150 euros.
I'll stick to Klanghelm's new MJUC and when I'm missing the last 5% soundwise, so be it. Audio professionals might judge that entirely different, but for my income the Ultramarine is unaffordable.
Old 1st August 2015
  #87
Gear Nut
 
Funtom's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfjer View Post
i know tis a late quote and i dont try to convincing you try anything else , because if the MP sound you want you just have to buy that one, im hoping my self there will be a demo of it
me i got the uad Manly mp , to me Ivory just Blow the ua MP one to dust in my ears and theire absolutely not even same hardware inspirited pieces

there are many cool demos now and if you want to try the because sometimes they dissapear
mp3 sound? well dunno what you mean, anyway magenta is manley so that would be better comparison then ivory
Old 1st August 2015
  #88
Gear Nut
 
Funtom's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJHollins View Post
Another thought to remember. AA has an upgrade policy for Nebula. Basically, you pay only the difference to upgrade [say from Pro to Server]. We have every reason to believe that this will also be the case when the next version gets released [v3 to v4] ... basically paying the difference.
agree on what you have said, would also mention tim petherick who also nailed it with latest gui skins and sound imo. and regarding nebula 4, lets just hope they don't make it a rare bottle of wine too!
Old 1st August 2015
  #89
Lives for gear
 
jfjer's Avatar
 

Thread Starter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funtom View Post
regarding nebula 4, lets just hope they don't make it a rare bottle of wine too!
haha that rare bottle of wine ting will be an endless joke for us aqua/nebula
guys
Old 1st August 2015
  #90
Gear Nut
 
Funtom's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfjer View Post
haha that rare bottle of wine ting will be an endless joke for us aqua/nebula
guys
hopefully it will stay as a joke and not become practice
Topic:
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Forum Jump
Forum Jump