The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Acustica audio acqua plugins general discussion
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motor For Music View Post
I could educate you further on those questions but I wont. Will you be in Milan in July ?
OK then. And no, I won't be in Italy any time this year.
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by moede View Post
hey guys, can anyone explain what was missing in some of the 3rd party compressor librarys for nebula that are a couple years old? from reading nebula thrteads i got the impression that compressors really started to work how they should only recently with the acqua plugins.. so what about all those alexb 1176 librarys and similair stuff? old posts praise it like you all do with the new stuff.. is any of it worth getting besides the tim petherick varimu that got recomended? would the cheaper(compared to acquas) alexb compressor librarys perform satisfactory for certain compressing situtations or are the acquas just better and nebula compression just isnt good enough?
For 1176 I thought Gemini Audio's G76 was very good. It's finicky and requires a considerable amount of CPU to sound best, but it trounces algorithmic plugs. It sounded better than alexb's demo 76 collection, even if that's not an entirely fair comparison. Timp's U76 I wouldn't know; there's no demo for that.

There's no acqua for this yet but I'd bet obscene amounts of money that it'll happen.
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synonym Music View Post
For 1176 I thought Gemini Audio's G76 was very good. It's finicky and requires a considerable amount of CPU to sound best, but it trounces algorithmic plugs. It sounded better than alexb's demo 76 collection, even if that's not an entirely fair comparison. Timp's U76 I wouldn't know; there's no demo for that.

There's no acqua for this yet but I'd bet obscene amounts of money that it'll happen.
Alex b. 76 collection is a joke. Nobody will ever use that for compression. You should give u76 a try. Try the demo of blueu first, then you have an idea of how good Tim p. Compressors are. I never need to demo anything from Tim.
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by malekmusic View Post
Alex b. 76 collection is a joke. Nobody will ever use that for compression.
Then why did you buy it?
Old 5 days ago
Gear Addict

I don't like Nebula's compressors in general. As tone box they are good, but as compressors... yikes.

But I have TimP Vari-Level and 100a. All I can say is that they are all I need for vocals. Lovely sound, texture, and the compression action is just what you would expect.

For me is either that or a combination of UAD 1176 and La2a. And I don't remember the last time that I used the 1176 + La2a instead of the Vari-Level or the 100a. They are that good!

I never tried his U76, I heard that it is being updated. I have my doubts that Nebula can do this type of fast compression. But if anyone could do it, that one would be TimP, for sure.
Old 5 days ago
TimP U76 is the only 1176 that is close to behaving correctly, but I still feel it isn't quite there. Updates to u76, Opto3a and Sum100 are coming soon and should bring them up to the quality level he achieved with Vari-Level... which, like many in this thread, is my go to vocal compressor after having UAD La-2a there for many years.
Old 5 days ago
Gear Nut

Tim should just do an aqua collection,kinda like prime audio,as long as there's no obscene royalty that he has to pay,it would really show what ITB is capable of.
Old 4 days ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Alex b. 76 collection is a joke. Nobody will ever use that for compression. You should give u76 a try. Try the demo of blueu first, then you have an idea of how good Tim p. Compressors are. I never need to demo anything from Tim.
Actually I do, and to me the 60's model in that library sounds great. Yeah it's behaviour is kinda odd, but when it works it works. That said, I should give the TimP lib a go too..
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by reggiejaxx View Post
Tim should just do an aqua collection,kinda like prime audio,as long as there's no obscene royalty that he has to pay,it would really show what ITB is capable of.
I hope that never happens. In n4 we should be able to load multiple instances, which are skinned, so theres no need for aqua.
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
I've got blue mu, though I really have to come to grips with using it properly. Actually I have every compressor from him but U76! Think I'm hitting over 40 GB in Nebula libraries, with acquas more like 50...
Old 4 days ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
I hope that never happens. In n4 we should be able to load multiple instances, which are skinned, so theres no need for aqua.
In a perfect or at least reasonable world yes,but even though most people were given the impression that feature was coming in N4 it's apparently a year away at least. .

I mean there are more useful features available in N3 e.g setups etc that aren't even available in N4.

So yeah TimP look into it if you haven't already, AA are great at coming up with the tech but there are a few 3rd party guys that are much better at sampling and creating libraries, and that's a fact ,just look at alex's consoles or tim's eq's and comps, and they're not even using the latest tech.

I'm pretty sure if tim did something like an ssl,neve or any channel strip it'd make you sell half your existing plugs,annnnd on top of that it'd be cpu efficient .
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

No the path on nebula is quite different
Next step is the long awaited nebula setups feature.
After that you will see aquarius for downloading acqua, plugins first, nebula libraries later
You will start using the new nebula library format, based on multiple internal nebula instances (beware, it doesn't mean you could load multiple libraries in the rack! It is more like gold is working, you have a streamlined subrack)
There is a bunch of developers waiting for aquarius, so they will release the new format easily. Today it wild be a problem without proper installers, copy protection and so on
Old 4 days ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaphod View Post
You will start using the new nebula library format, based on multiple internal nebula instances.
The new nebula library is something like Rose, YROY and Violet? With that, will the 3rd parties be able to move their existing libraries to only one instance, for example? Like merging all the bands on a EQ?

Quote:
There is a bunch of developers waiting for aquarius, so they will release the new format easily.
Yes, Aquarius is one of the best things you released this year.
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

No they are more complex, it is a format like acqua but aimed to nebula (it cannot be standalone). So basically more complex libraries. Don't be surprised about the price which could be higher, depending on the amount of work the developer is dedicating to the product
Old 4 days ago
Gear Addict

Got it. There is no way to move the libraries that already exists. The new libraries are like Acquas, but only work inside N4, is that correct?
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

Yes the new format is better. You will see it in reverbs. It is quite impossible to create them using a single instance, because you need to split in several components: early, late, distortion, vlf. In ebony we are using 3 instances at least! 8 for the whole strip. But you need this architecture also for core6: you need at least 1 instance for each band
Old 3 days ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
No they are more complex, it is a format like acqua but aimed to nebula (it cannot be standalone). So basically more complex libraries. Don't be surprised about the price which could be higher, depending on the amount of work the developer is dedicating to the product
Yeah got it,so basically it's a new format optimized for nebula4, and working like Gold in the sense that you can have multiple eq's and or compressors in one load.

PROS-
Hopefully developers like TimP, alexB ,CDS for example get involved and offer us re-worked libraries of their best stuff without the single band limitations.
(imagine a full "Surge" with compressor and pre or full "MFC" with pres,eq compressors and console outs in one instance).

Also having the option of loading different libraries and library types, but using one plugin.

CONS-
Pretty much accepting that all existing nebula 3rd party libraries that we have come to know and use a lot, will probably never see multi loading.

Also most likely having to wait till possibly late next year,if that early,and the possibility our fav developers might not adopt the new format or tech.

Anyway we'll see what happens. qué será, será
Old 3 days ago
Lives for gear

all the Neb3 comp's are a PITA... way too many prog's/variables to load up .. this setting, that setting blah blah blah
if I can't open up an interface and get at what I need, what's the point ?
Old 3 days ago
Gear Maniac

When is Multi effects in the N4 rack going to happen? This was one of the reasons I purchased N4 at full price 239 euros as I was assuming it would be soon. Loving N4 ,but I'd love it more if I could use the Multi rack
Old 3 days ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbybland View Post
When is Multi effects in the N4 rack going to happen? This was one of the reasons I purchased N4 at full price 239 euros as I was assuming it would be soon. Loving N4 ,but I'd love it more if I could use the Multi rack
Man, I would not wait for that. My impression is that we'll not get that in less than 2 years.

We needed setups for the release of N4, and here we are, 6 months after, without setups. I guess G wants to make all those things he said today (Aquarius and the new library format) before working on the rack thing.
Old 3 days ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbybland View Post
A lot of us apparently thought it was going to be a feature and so grabbed N4,but don't hold your breath on multi rack for existing 3rd party libraries,just hope your fav existing developers port your fav libraries over to the new N4 format,which will hopefully load full eq's comps and strips,unless i'm assuming once again like with multi loading.
Old 3 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by reggiejaxx View Post
Yeah got it,so basically it's a new format optimized for nebula4, and working like Gold in the sense that you can have multiple eq's and or compressors in one load.

PROS-
Hopefully developers like TimP, alexB ,CDS for example get involved and offer us re-worked libraries of their best stuff without the single band limitations.
(imagine a full "Surge" with compressor and pre or full "MFC" with pres,eq compressors and console outs in one instance).

Also having the option of loading different libraries and library types, but using one plugin.

CONS-
Pretty much accepting that all existing nebula 3rd party libraries that we have come to know and use a lot, will probably never see multi loading.

Also most likely having to wait till possibly late next year,if that early,and the possibility our fav developers might not adopt the new format or tech.

Anyway we'll see what happens. qué será, será
You can use those libraries in nebula 4, at the same time you load new ones.
Basically we'll remove nebula 3 as soon as we have a setups implementation.
Franci is working both on setups and aquarius.... I'm sure he will complete both of them before the end of the year.

About "who can do what", I have no clue. Basically they should follow several rules if they want to take advantage from the new library format.
Old 3 days ago
Lives for gear

wait wait wait! does that mean i will never be able to load normal n3 libraries as multible instances in n4??? that was the main reason why i bought it. acustica is never too shy for a big surprise
Old 3 days ago
Lives for gear

We reserve to do it after other developments.
By the way, what makes you think the feature should be implemented soon? Where did you read that?
Old 3 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
We reserve to do it after other developments.
By the way, what makes you think the feature should be implemented soon? Where did you read that?
As always i dont understand your answer.
You reserve to do WHAT after other developments?

I asked if i understood correctly, that i will never be able to open n3 libraries as multiple instances in n4.

That n4 will be able to ope multiple instances was in your forum over and over again.

I never said that i expect that soon BUT what i didnt expect is that you are going to change the format so only libraries developed for n4 will be able to do that. This in hearing now for the first time.

Quote:
Cobalt will feature it
We don't do as a rule because it would be more cpu intensive

By the way, did i get something wrong. In every picture i only saw external sidechain.l for the cobalt compressor.

So what happend? You said its going to have that. I would have liked to try cobalt as im waiting for an aa compressor with an internal sidechain.
If it doesnt have one, though you said its going to have one, then i really come to the point where i think you dont want to understand your users and you just dont care about workflow for people for work with your plugins every day.
Old 3 days ago
Here for the gear

I honestly don't see what all the fuss is about, when it comes to multiple instances of libraries in Nebula. Yes, it would make things more convenient, but what's currently being worked on is almost just as good or better. Loading a multi-instance library (like an Acqua plugin) will be super convenient, but our favorite devs would have to comply to the new rules of AA.

If only I could get a 4-band eq from AlexB or TimP in one instance of Nebula. I would use them much more often!
Old 3 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antagon1st View Post

If only I could get a 4-band eq from AlexB or TimP in one instance of Nebula. I would use them much more often!
This is exactly why i bought n4 because of this. I want tim p and alex b s libraries in one instance. But if i understood zaphod right, its not going toto happen.

I dont understand your post, you asked what's all the fuzz about and your answer your own question with your last sentence.

Oh acustica have mercy with us a little bit...
Old 3 days ago
Gear Addict

It is not going to happen, dudes. At least not in any near future. Invest your money on Agent or even BlueCat Patchwork for similar results.

On the bright side, Zabukowski seems like a pretty good coder, and should do a good job when it happens. But don't expect this year or even the next one. Acustica (Giancarlo) seems to have no interest with that.

What we should be doing is supporting developers like TimP, AlexB, Cupwise, to name a few, and show our interest in new libraries from them, new N4 libraries and ports of the old ones.
Old 3 days ago
Lives for gear

@SameOh

N4 is a piece of shixt

The vst3 version is broken, doesn't work under bluecat audios patchwork because the finder is not openable. Vst3 doent have a bypass. Vst3 version is laggy as hell.

Vst2 version, the sidechain inputs dont work.

The most funny thing in cubase you cant have, the vst2 and the vst3 version work together. You have to deinstall the vst3 version if you want the vst2 version.
Old 3 days ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by SameOh View Post
It is not going to happen, dudes. At least not in any near future. Invest your money on Agent or even BlueCat Patchwork for similar results.

On the bright side, Zabukowski seems like a pretty good coder, and should do a good job when it happens. But don't expect this year or even the next one. Acustica (Giancarlo) seems to have no interest with that.

What we should be doing is supporting developers like TimP, AlexB, Cupwise, to name a few, and show our interesting in new libraries from them, new N4 libraries and ports of the old ones.
+1 100%

AA will always do what they decide is the right decision for the company. ,which is entirely their right.

Let's stop the nonsense pretending that if we complain about something it's going to change anything.

There are other just as good tools to be used in combination with N4,might not be the swiftest workflow ,but it kinda evens out in versatility. (kinda)
Loading mentioned products ...
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get instant access to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search