The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Who Uses Plugin Alliance? Dynamics Plugins
Old 1 day ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by dyscode View Post
They have to pay licensing fees to Weiss and I am guessing they are severe.
Yeah , it's supposed to be actual Weiss code for the audio path. The GUI ,etc is Softube.
Old 1 day ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by tempsperdu View Post
As far as I can see none of them apart from those by Unfiltered Audio appear to have a save function which I find totally bizarre
Never had a problem with saving presets in those plugins you supposedly are having a problem with. And I have a ****load of PA plugins from different developers who license their wares to PA. Some save presets within whatever daw or host you're working in. This is one of those where you have to pay attention to what's going on in the header of the plugin. For example one plugin that uses the daw/host for it's preset saving is the bx_limiter. If create a preset in PT for example Digital Performer won't see that preset. And vice versa.
Old 1 day ago
Gear Nut

Hi everyone,

I'm doing a research as part of my academic study about the Gear Acquisition Syndrome (GAS) and how it could impact our life and career as producers, engineers..etc. Please, if you don't mind participating in this quick questionnaire, check boxes only answers, will took only a minute to be done.

https://forms.gle/oyb6ZzkwuABqJYZc9
Old 1 day ago
Here for the gear

I edited my posts to remove my error, overeaction, and stupidity.

After considering @ MarkR 's post and thinking things over, I can see that I misinterpreted PA support, overreacted, and was d*ckish. I apologized to them and now apologize to you guys. Thanks for the help!
Old 1 day ago
Lives for gear

Brilliant, mate!

I actually constructed a lengthy reply to your post yesterday and then thought no, I'll give you a chance to see what happens. Turns out you did exactly what I'd suggested in that message. Honestly, well done, man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 64gtoboy View Post
There is no manual for it which i found annoying since it's not self explanatory like the eq's that don't have a manual. There is, however a pretty good vid that goes over all the controls, it should be on the product page but if not it comes up when searching youtube.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagman18 View Post
MM.. I dont think they did one for it. bit like the Amek 2208.. I like manuals too
Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
There isn't one nor clicking on the ? (question mark icon) bring up the manual like it does in other plugins. Google can't find a manual either.
Thanks guys.
Old 1 day ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Never had a problem with saving presets in those plugins you supposedly are having a problem with. And I have a ****load of PA plugins from different developers who license their wares to PA. Some save presets within whatever daw or host you're working in. This is one of those where you have to pay attention to what's going on in the header of the plugin. For example one plugin that uses the daw/host for it's preset saving is the bx_limiter. If create a preset in PT for example Digital Performer won't see that preset. And vice versa.
If they are saving their presets within the DAW then it is the DAW that is managing the presets and the plugin isn't really doing anything, right?
I mean every DAW has a preset manager that works for all plugins but not every plugin has its own preset saving capabilities. The Plugin Alliance plugins in question apparently do not have any built in preset saving capabilities and that is the issue (unless I am misunderstanding something about this conversation).
Old 1 day ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by M Albazy View Post
Hi everyone,

I'm doing a research as part of my academic study about the Gear Acquisition Syndrome (GAS) and how it could impact our life and career as producers, engineers..etc.
Boy did you come to the right thread!
Old 1 day ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by chilln View Post
I edited my posts to remove my error, overeaction, and stupidity.

After considering @ MarkR 's post and thinking things over, I can see that I misinterpreted PA support, overreacted, and was d*ckish. I apologized to them and now apologize to you guys. Thanks for the help!
Living up to your screen name in the best possible way!
Old 1 day ago
Gear Head

Quote:
OK.. just tried the P.A. plugins in Reaper and indeed there is no problem with them. However this is not the case at all with Maschine as there isn't any header display. You can load the presets and it offers the chance to load up Init numbers but no indication if you use those as a starting point how to save your results. I'll do a call out on the NI forum to see if anyone has found a solution. It does seem a tad odd to me not to have the facility to save the presets within the plugin itself as most appear to do because that mantains the concept of portability. It kinda defeats the plug in concept if you use a plugin in any DAW but can't transfer those settings to another.
Old 1 day ago
HSi
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxbf View Post
300 would still be steep for that limiter. But 550?!?! Yeah... nah

200 is steep for these other limiters but I'm willing to support the developers. 550 is a joke that makes me lose a little respect for Softube.
Yeah I totally see your point, but I'm pretty sure its the license fee from Weiss. Just look at the cost of the Buchla oscillator, $99, more than the cost of Softube modular itself. 1st ever licensed software by Buchala.

I know a guy called Streaky, a mastering engineer that used to work at metropolis in London, mastered ed Sheehan to Adele to skepta to tons of dnb people. I'll ask on his youtube channel if he'd compare the two things, because he has the hardware. Should be possible to get him to do it at some point.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSv...UURjGrdAJX_Yjg

Yeah, it's expensive to say most musicians, but even if its 90% there to the hardware its a pretty good deal to even a decent home ME. It's one of those $10,000 units...

Those Lexicon PCM verbs still have an SRP for $999...

I could just buy an actual Elsyisa hardware Mpressor, 500 rack, for pretty much that price and just keep the maximiser. So, it's not really an option for me either.

Volume 3 is out now, not on subs yet, includes Softube saturation, OTO Biscuit (which was excellent) and Parallels also, very cool. If it's the same price, thats an amazing offer Imo.
Old 1 day ago
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSi View Post

Volume 3 is out now, not on subs yet, includes Softube saturation, OTO Biscuit (which was excellent) and Parallels also, very cool. If it's the same price, thats an amazing offer Imo.
The upgrade price from Volume 2 is pretty good but not quite as much so if you have Parallels.
Old 1 day ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by tempsperdu View Post
OK.. just tried the P.A. plugins in Reaper and indeed there is no problem with them. However this is not the case at all with Maschine as there isn't any header display. You can load the presets and it offers the chance to load up Init numbers but no indication if you use those as a starting point how to save your results. I'll do a call out on the NI forum to see if anyone has found a solution. It does seem a tad odd to me not to have the facility to save the presets within the plugin itself as most appear to do because that mantains the concept of portability. It kinda defeats the plug in concept if you use a plugin in any DAW but can't transfer those settings to another.
Portability of presets - that's a biggie for sure. The problem I mentioned earlier about non-portability between PT and DP is that PT uses it's own plugin format (aax) and DP uses either au or vst format. For some reason a number (all?) of PA's plugins don't share presets between plugin formats.
Old 22 hours ago
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyscode View Post
like also Imperial Delay for $29 right now (homepage), which got a lot of praise.
But he also got quite some heat because of his fixed angle pseudo 3D GUIs that can be a bit irritating to work with.

He also uses simple serial number activation.
Thanks for the heads up on this.....I'm rather liking it
Old 14 hours ago
Lives for gear
I am really thinking about that Limiter 6 GE deal that was mentioned above.
I still don't really have a good master bus limiter that I trust on a wide variety of material.
Any thoughts on that one?
Old 13 hours ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Local Man View Post
I still don't really have a good master bus limiter that I trust on a wide variety of material.
It’s incredible
Old 1 hour ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Local Man View Post
Take a look at Fabfilter Pro-L

BTW: I figured out that GE means Gentleman's Edition but what does that phrase mean? Is that some kind of code for 'with extra features'?
Old 1 hour ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
BTW: I figured out that GE means Gentleman's Edition but what does that phrase mean? Is that some kind of code for 'with extra features'?
I think Fabien just wanted to avoid having to use the "Pro" tag, so came up with this as a bit of a laugh in its nod to the 19th Century.

Yes, it means extra features.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search