The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Who Uses Plugin Alliance?
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

(Edited to removed user error, overreaction, and stupidity)
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by chilln View Post
PA goes from Hero to Zero.

I emailed them to ask for help since not receiving any HH emails since their May 15th TCL-2 (where they sent the email to previous owners of TCL-2 - their mistake). Instead of helping me, they accused me of receiving their emails after the TCL-2 May 15th mailing (cleansweep and delay).

They said they can see that I opened their emails within the last few days. I provided a screenshot of my email, confirmed my address, and they provided a screenshot of their system that says I received and opened their emails. I ask them for help, they accuse me of "you opened our emails". They then accused me of having a spam or junk folder and closed the ticket! Unbelievable. I don't have a spam or junk folder - as seen in the screenshot I sent them. They also got hurt feelings when I used strong words in refuting their claim that I received and opened their HH emails for Cleansweep and delay. I hope they don't use strong words in conversations when they're accused of something - that wouldn't be nice. Now I understand other user's stories.

Customer wrong, system right. Plow along.

I feel so much shame, now. How will I ever go on...

Dirk, what happened over there?
What do you mean you don't have a spam or junk folder?

Are you sure they were "accusing" you of opening them, or just stating that their read receipt say you opened it? It doesn't make sense for them to be annoyed at you because obviously they want you to get the emails, you may have come to the wrong conclusion there.

If you're using "strong words" when asking for help you're probably not going to get the most from the person you're asking to help you. Were you being a d*ck?
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkR View Post
What do you mean you don't have a spam or junk folder?

Are you sure they were "accusing" you of opening them, or just stating that their read receipt say you opened it? It doesn't make sense for them to be annoyed at you because obviously they want you to get the emails, you may have come to the wrong conclusion there.

If you're using "strong words" when asking for help you're probably not going to get the most from the person you're asking to help you. Were you being a d*ck?
Got agree with Mark.. any time I have delt with PA support, even today, they have been mega helpful and friendly. hmm... :/

Last edited by Jagman18; 3 weeks ago at 05:27 PM.. Reason: delt not felt lol
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

I've always have had pleasant interaction with PA.

(Edited to remove user error, overreaction, and stupidity)
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

wonder if they'll pull something interesting for memorial day weekend, or whatever it is...

currently i'm caught in a tractor beam that has "Zynaptiq unfilter" and "T-Racks 5" written on it... damn..... (I'd been looking at mastermatch for $60, now full T-racks inc MM and 'ONE' for $49.... good times...)
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Waiting for the Memorial day email to drop. Any minute now...

Meanwhile Kush has a 50% sale going and Fuse Audio just dropped a new plugin I'm really liking, the VPRE-562A.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by mutetourettes View Post
currently i'm caught in a tractor beam that has "Zynaptiq unfilter" and "T-Racks 5" written on it... damn..... (I'd been looking at mastermatch for $60, now full T-racks inc MM and 'ONE' for $49.... good times...)
Any of those have anything not already covered on PA???
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Addict

this bx delay is real nice it's probably the best delay plug I've personally used in terms of usability and it does sound good. only problem is i just got sandman pro and I have a lot of delays, it's so nice to use though. it's fun to use honestly and so very easy and understandable, no bells and whistles and it sounds great.

my only worry is that there are going to be other less "I'm a ***** for getting this" kinds of sales on stuff I have been wanting to get for a while and I'd regret it. so I must pass! but I will keep it on my wish list for sure, it's probably the best for general purpose delay plug I've used. overall.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Where the heck is the bx_delay2500 manual? I can't find it on the site or in the package.

I know it's a simple plugin but I like manuals...
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkey Man View Post
Where the heck is the bx_delay2500 manual? I can't find it on the site or in the package.

There isn't one nor clicking on the ? (question mark icon) bring up the manual like it does in other plugins. Google can't find a manual either.

Looks like the bx_xl v2 is on sale today; didn't get any code email yet - maybe because I demoed it over a year ago? I passed on it at that time as I was comparing limiters and ended up with the simpler bx_limiter. Didn't see the need for m/s multi-band limiting.

edit for additional:
Just got the code email it's XL-29-190526 for $29 US

Last edited by musicman691; 3 weeks ago at 12:12 PM.. Reason: added code
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Head

Also, Plugin boutique are having a sale on the Tokyo Dawn Limiter 6 GE, I picked it up for a tenner.
Not had a chance to compare both but its an option and a cheap one too.. Just flinging it out there..
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Head

MM.. I dont think they did one for it. bit like the Amek 2208.. I like manuals too
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Nut

Plugin Boutique have Boz Manic Compressor for £20.95 and from demo vids it looks rather likeable........anyone any thoughts?
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkey Man View Post

There is no manual for it which i found annoying since it's not self explanatory like the eq's that don't have a manual. There is, however a pretty good vid that goes over all the controls, it should be on the product page but if not it comes up when searching youtube.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by tempsperdu View Post
Plugin Boutique have Boz Manic Compressor for £20.95 and from demo vids it looks rather likeable........anyone any thoughts?
This is a very versatile compressor and the GUI is very helpful. Sound quality is very good for something that doesn't take a lot of cpu. It has several different types of algorithm and is great for side chaining.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
boz makes nice to great stuff. I like the way he tends to re-think how the usual tools work and the working process involved.

It also really pays to subscribe to the newsletter, you can get his plugs on a steep discount, sometimes.

like also Imperial Delay for $29 right now (homepage), which got a lot of praise.
But he also got quite some heat because of his fixed angle pseudo 3D GUIs that can be a bit irritating to work with.

He also uses simple serial number activation.

Last edited by dyscode; 3 weeks ago at 03:12 PM..
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyscode View Post
ike also Imperial Delay for $29 right now (homepage), which got a lot of praise.
thanks for pointing this out, I'm trying it and I like it. a lot. I was thinking about grabbing the BX delay, but I did notice that the shortest delay time you get on sync is 1/16.

IMO that's a bit... idk... ****e? I do like the unit, the transient control thing is quite, quite nice. and the various options. the drive is poor imo. but the controls are so easy to use and intuitive, it's kind of confusing why it doesn't go to lower times.

anyway, the imperial delay does go down to 1/32, and sounds quite good, has lots of tweaking options, maybe not as super-fast to dial in but it strikes me as a great option. only think I can't find is individual feedback control for each channel but i dont know if thats all that important.

edit: I see the bx_delay gets a pretty bad rap, bad reviews in an old thread by many people. I personally think it's quite good. very close to pulling the trigger.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Nut

At the risk of being impossibly thick how do I save my settings as a preset in the P.A stuff????
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
At the risk of being impossibly thick how do I save my settings as a preset in the P.A stuff????
hmm. in reaper you just click the plus. so this answer is probably of no use to you. in most DAWs there is the option to save presets within the DAW, rather than the plugin itself which is how I do it.

about to buy this bx_delay. I've demoed a ton of other delays and actually, I think it's one of the top choices. which is surprising considering how much hate it gets from what I've seen in other threads. I don't have echoboy though, so IDK. it doesn't have any real "wow factor" in terms of the sound, compared to Replika which really is impressive sonically. but it's fast to use, clear, and will be my go-to delay unit from now on. I don't know why it doesn't go down to lower delay times in sync but I don't use them THAT much anyway.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagman18 View Post
Also, Plugin boutique are having a sale on the Tokyo Dawn Limiter 6 GE, I picked it up for a tenner.
Not had a chance to compare both but its an option and a cheap one too.. Just flinging it out there..
to be honest I have no interest in the BX Master Limiter, or the TDR Limiter. Assuming the Master limiter is just a bit of an upgrade from the bx_limiter. I'm not that impressed by it, maybe I'm stupid. Richard Devine said the Master Limiter is his go to.

I like TDR, and I think it's a fine piece of software that I have no doubt you can get great results from. But I'm shopping for a limiter right now and I'm looking at

-Eventide Elevate
-DMG Limitless
-AOM Invisible Limiter
-Fabfilter Limiter
-PSP Xenon

I demoed the TDR a few times and I found it doesn't sound as good as those. Might be using it wrong but the Fabfilter definitely blows it out of the water on transparency (though it's possible I'm not using the TDR Limiter right, it seems a bit complicated). The Elevate is my favorite of those that I've used (sounds good like the Fabfilter, and has way more options to fine tune your limiting stage to perfection), though they all basically sound good. I still need to try DMG, I'll be surprised if it sounds as good as the Fabfilter.

The PSP Xenon is underrated, it's very transparent and tight. Bob Katz recommends it.

The AOM lets you rent it per month which is a good option and it's good, but I am not sure I think it's as good as Fabfilter.
Old 3 weeks ago
HSi
Lives for gear

People should check out the Weiss Limiters.

https://www.softube.com/ds1#/

Pretty expensive, but worth a listen. It's the same code as the hardware, so they say. I have the Maximiser competent and on transparent you really can't hear it, unless you go mad. You can buy certain elements for less, I got the maximiser in volume 2. The newfangled sound eventide stuff was pretty good too, a lot less expensive also.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSi View Post

Pretty expensive, but worth a listen. It's the same code as the hardware, so they say. I have the Maximiser competent and on transparent you really can't hear it, unless you go mad. You can buy certain elements for less, I got the maximiser in volume 2. The newfangled sound eventide stuff was pretty good too, a lot less expensive also.
I was a big fan of the Weiss in the Volume 2 subscription I did a few months back. I actually preferred it to the Fabfilter.

Honestly though, I feel rather sour on Softube for some reason. Their stuff is overpriced to a degree that makes me feel somewhat annoyed with them, particularly after all these great sales. And when their stuff does go on sale, it's still more expensive than anything else. I do think that the full version of the Weiss Limiter looks like a top contender though, due to the amount of features. It's just way too expensive.

300 would still be steep for that limiter. But 550?!?! Yeah... nah

200 is steep for these other limiters but I'm willing to support the developers. 550 is a joke that makes me lose a little respect for Softube.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxbf View Post
hmm. in reaper you just click the plus. so this answer is probably of no use to you. in most DAWs there is the option to save presets within the DAW, rather than the plugin itself which is how I do it.
Although I have Reaper, at the moment I mostly work in Maschine and I just browsed all my other plug-ins and afaics it's only the P.A. stuff that appears not to have a save function which I find way way beyond bizarre so I hope I'm missing something somewhere. I've got to be surely

Quote:

Honestly though, I feel rather sour on Softube for some reason. Their stuff is overpriced to a degree that makes me feel somewhat annoyed with them.
I have to agree, I do think their stuff is very very good but their sale prices are often more like what some might say the non sale prices should be and I really wish they would open up Console One to more than their own and UAD's plug-ins
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Head

Have you had a look at Sonnax Oxford limiter too? It’s been around for a while and recently been updated, has the inflator, and on sale on plugin boutique 117.. ?
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by HSi View Post

Hmmm. I find the WEISS to have a definite "sound". Works on some stuff but not all for my purposes. Not saying it's bad. It does what it does quite well.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
to be honest I have no interest in the BX Master Limiter, or the TDR Limiter. Assuming the Master limiter is just a bit of an upgrade from the bx_limiter. I'm not that impressed by it, maybe I'm stupid. Richard Devine said the Master Limiter is his go to.

I like TDR, and I think it's a fine piece of software that I have no doubt you can get great results from. But I'm shopping for a limiter right now and I'm looking at

-Eventide Elevate
-DMG Limitless
-AOM Invisible Limiter
-Fabfilter Limiter
-PSP Xenon

I demoed the TDR a few times and I found it doesn't sound as good as those. Might be using it wrong but the Fabfilter definitely blows it out of the water on transparency (though it's possible I'm not using the TDR Limiter right, it seems a bit complicated). The Elevate is my favorite of those that I've used (sounds good like the Fabfilter, and has way more options to fine tune your limiting stage to perfection), though they all basically sound good. I still need to try DMG, I'll be surprised if it sounds as good as the Fabfilter.

The PSP Xenon is underrated, it's very transparent and tight. Bob Katz recommends it.

The AOM lets you rent it per month which is a good option and it's good, but I am not sure I think it's as good as Fabfilter.
A lot depends on what you want from a limiter. If you want to add more clean gain before limitin then the Fabfilter Pro-L is the way to go. Somebody a shootout (I think it may be on YouTube) where they compared the Fabfilter Prol L, Waves Pro LL and a couple of other limiters and the Fabfilter came out on top for the reason I mentioned.

I agree the PSP Xenon is the Rodney Dangerfield of limiters as it's not that easy to wrap one's head around the operation. But it has a really good sound and if you can get it on discount then go for it.

All that being said my go-to limiter is the Fabfilter Pro L and for a more 'rock and roll' sound (especially on individual track and busses) it's the bx_limiter.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Nut

Quote:

-Eventide Elevate
-DMG Limitless
-AOM Invisible Limiter
-Fabfilter Limiter
-PSP Xenon

I have the Elevate and IMHO it's just awesome and you _can_ influence the sound most drastically and - a bit like the bx_XL2 -, the gainstaging in the components is somewhat critical make it invisible but gives you many option. At the beginning it's not so easy to handle, esp. with many frequency-bands. You def, should give it an extended demo-run. I suggest checking the product thread on slutz, too.

PS:
Another limiter that ist mostly overlooked is the Flux Elixir, it doesn't have much options but I have yet to find another limiter that works so invisible.
This is just set and forget.

Somehow finding a fitting limiter is a bigger PIA than any other software, at least for me.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Nut

Quote:

300 would still be steep for that limiter. But 550?!?! Yeah... nah

200 is steep for these other limiters but I'm willing to support the developers. 550 is a joke that makes me lose a little respect for Softube.
They have to pay licensing fees to Weiss and I am guessing they are severe.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Although I have Reaper, at the moment I mostly work in Maschine and I just browsed all my other plug-ins and afaics it's only the P.A. stuff that appears not to have a save function which I find way way beyond bizarre so I hope I'm missing something somewhere. I've got to be surely
Not all daws or applications have the same save function. Some save from within the plugin and some within whatever host the plugin is running in. I ran into that with some PA plugins inside ProTools. In what specific PA plugins aren't you seeing a save function?
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
Not all daws or applications have the same save function. Some save from within the plugin and some within whatever host the plugin is running in. I ran into that with some PA plugins inside ProTools. In what specific PA plugins aren't you seeing a save function?
As far as I can see none of them apart from those by Unfiltered Audio appear to have a save function which I find totally bizarre
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search