The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Who Uses Plugin Alliance?
Old 29th November 2020 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
That had to have been a glitch on their website- I looked it up a few times and because I own room2016 and quadravox, I got a coupon code the brought the price to $429 every time. They must have fixed whatever it was. I don't want it free if it's a mistake.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagman18 View Post
I have it and its pretty good. They offer rent to own and if you get it now its something like 8 dollars a month.

Seems like the Eventide Anthology was too good to be true but you never know they might honour it. But if they dont I do understand it was a mistake have no problems handing it back as long as I get my original license back.
I'm tempted to get Clearmountain Spaces and their Pultec on rent to own. You can pause or cancel at any time, so it's essentially an extended demo that locks in the 50% off from BF, if you decide to buy.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by IM WHO YOU THINK View Post
I'm tempted to get Clearmountain Spaces and their Pultec on rent to own. You can pause or cancel at any time, so it's essentially an extended demo that locks in the 50% off from BF, if you decide to buy.
There was a super deal not that long ago, maybe 2 months ago on Black Octopus Sound. They had the entire Apogee bundle (minus the clearmountain plugins) for $99
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by SBX-80 View Post
There was a super deal not that long ago, maybe 2 months ago on Black Octopus Sound. They had the entire Apogee bundle (minus the clearmountain plugins) for $99
Thanks for the heads up. I'll wait for a better deal.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Thanks for the heads up. I'll wait for a better deal.
That seemed like a one time thing though. I've never seen the entire collection on sale for anywhere near that price anyplace else, so it's hard to say what the future holds.
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Having the Anthology in my Ilok account brought my H9 upgrade to $29, so I bought it. (It was $99 a few days ago, but it wasn't counting a plugin I own. Then it went down to $49 and the plugin issue was corrected. @$29. I'm in.)
Hmm still $149 for me even with axi
Nevermind though, i aint complaining!
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I had 5 H9 plugins already.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by SBX-80 View Post
That seemed like a one time thing though. I've never seen the entire collection on sale for anywhere near that price anyplace else, so it's hard to say what the future holds.
Would you pay $98 for Slate VCC and VTM? (I would demo them but by the time Id get to the studio to test, I'd run close to the end of sale time).

Edit:Actually VTM is on sale till Jan 1.)
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mutetourettes View Post
Hmm still $149 for me even with axi
Nevermind though, i aint complaining!
Same here
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Would you pay $98 for Slate VCC and VTM? (I would demo them but by the time Id get to the studio to test, I'd run close to the end of sale time).

I have both of those.

VTM I paid $199 for many, many years ago and VCC I got for free when Steven Slate gave it to me on a thread here a few years ago when I was the first to complete some sort of task in the thread and Steven was running some sort of quick, mini contest.

I do still like both of them, but they're both a bit older now and there are so many choices on the market now with similar products.

The choice will of course come down to individual preference and what somebody prefers and how somebody hears.

You mentioned that it's on sale until 2021, so you have plenty of time to check them out and play with them.
Gear Maniac

Quote:

FWIW I still use VTM. I am in a minority tho it seems as others have moved on. IK tapes is good but it's too CPU intensive for me and I find constantly bouncing a chore; if I want tape saturation across a mix I want to hear it and make a judgement or mix into it from the start and bouncing as I go doesn't allow for that.
Old 29th November 2020
Gear Guru

18 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
The Black Rooster Magnetite is a great tape plugin, also on sale right now, not hard on CPU. I don't often use the IK's either for that reason also.
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyxx View Post
The Black Rooster Magnetite is a great tape plugin, also on sale right now, not hard on CPU. I don't often use the IK's either for that reason also.
Magnetite has become main tape plugin. I use Softube Tape as well. People seem to praise the one by Fuse Audio Labs.
Gear Guru

18 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathirio View Post
Magnetite has become main tape plugin. I use Softube Tape as well. People seem to praise the one by Fuse Audio Labs.
Same here for me.

Softube Tape, Magnetite, and Oxide are on first call for channel tapes.

I haven't looked into the Fuse one I'll check it out.
Gear Maniac

Quote:
I did this last BF with Domain and been using it all year for what 8 dollars a month and its superb. it can take a bit of getting used to working out the routing and getting it set up how you like it. But it is worth it. And i spent days setting up my own simple reverbs delays micro shifts etc etc and its a real time saver as the defaults are a bit OTT.

Spaces was a no brainer given the price and how quick it easy to get a decent verb up and running with out all the paffing about with Domain. Its not as advanced and doesn't have all the reverbs that Domain has but still works a treat.

Born in the USA snare anyone?? ok perhaps not these days..

If you do get the Pultecs let us know what you think of them as I was tempted but at that price no, and its not as If i dont have any others from other vendors and it would be worth hearing what you think in comparison to others.
Here for the gear
Quote:
R4 is now $29 at Plugin Boutique

PhoenixVerb is $9.99

Izotope Excalibur is $9.99
So glad I saw this...I just watched a comparison video with PhoenixVerb, and was shocked how good it sounded. Thanks!

If you are interested in the video: https://youtu.be/sgMlKWS_Mw8
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagman18 View Post
I did this last BF with Domain and been using it all year for what 8 dollars a month and its superb. it can take a bit of getting used to working out the routing and getting it set up how you like it. But it is worth it. And i spent days setting up my own simple reverbs delays micro shifts etc etc and its a real time saver as the defaults are a bit OTT.

Spaces was a no brainer given the price and how quick it easy to get a decent verb up and running with out all the paffing about with Domain. Its not as advanced and doesn't have all the reverbs that Domain has but still works a treat.

Born in the USA snare anyone?? ok perhaps not these days..

If you do get the Pultecs let us know what you think of them as I was tempted but at that price no, and its not as If i dont have any others from other vendors and it would be worth hearing what you think in comparison to others.
https://www.sweetwater.com/insync/pu...racking%20Link
Old 29th November 2020
Lives for gear

4 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
I didn't get anything on BF but I think I should get all the samples from Mars for $39.00? I don't have any of them yet. Or maybe only the drums for $29.00?
Old 30th November 2020 | Show parent
Gear Addict

Samples from Mars are worth it for the inspiration alone - and the MPC3000 is one of my favourite drum selections, load it up into XO and browse endlessly.
Old 30th November 2020
Lives for gear

4 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
The discount code "SNACKS" brings down the price even further with Samples from Mars. Resistance is futile :D
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by DamianL View Post
Samples from Mars are worth it for the inspiration alone - and the MPC3000 is one of my favourite drum selections, load it up into XO and browse endlessly.
I’m intrigued by the SFM complete collection but I already have Wave Alchemy’s revolution (as well as Battery and a few other drum machine plugins) so I’m wondering how useful it’ll be for me.
How much of their collection is quirky oddball stuff vs standard classic drum machines?
I’m much more interested in the former at this point.
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Local Man View Post
I’m intrigued by the SFM complete collection but I already have Wave Alchemy’s revolution (as well as Battery and a few other drum machine plugins) so I’m wondering how useful it’ll be for me.
How much of their collection is quirky oddball stuff vs standard classic drum machines?
I’m much more interested in the former at this point.
Have you ever looked at Kb6 Samples? Massive library.

https://samples.kb6.de/downloads.php
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Have you ever looked at Kb6 Samples? Massive library.

https://samples.kb6.de/downloads.php
No, I’ve never seen that. Looks like an awesome resource, thanks!
Old 30th November 2020
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Anyone having issues with PA's installation manager? Whenever I select their plugins, nothing happens. Can't download anything.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbone1313 View Post
Anyone having issues with PA's installation manager? Whenever I select their plugins, nothing happens. Can't download anything.
You're logged in to your account right? After you selected your plugin(s) did you click the 'download and install' button at the lower left of the manager?
Old 30th November 2020
Lives for gear

Decided to get the Bundle of Seventh Heaven Pro; Lustrous Plates and Illusion for £139 using my vouchers. (All ready had Cinematic Rooms Pro). Then I used those vouchers to get Reverberate 3 for £7. I am a Reverb slut lol.
Lives for gear

Quote:
I'm probably going to miss the sales and buy Live 11 later next year. My ProTools support expires Christmas day. , so I understand not wanting to pay for bug fixes, but you're right, I bought in for the version that was current at the time of my purchase.
I couldn’t get Ableton working with my gear, so gave up and bought studio one pro (crossgrade) for $190 a couple days ago. Didn’t take long at all to get it working and using the basics. It’s great! I also think I just have never “clicked” with Ableton - and I don’t work Live.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neptune45 View Post
Decided to get the Bundle of Seventh Heaven Pro; Lustrous Plates and Illusion for £139 using my vouchers. (All ready had Cinematic Rooms Pro). Then I used those vouchers to get Reverberate 3 for £7. I am a Reverb slut lol.
Go get the PastToFuture everything bundle for $99 before it’s too late! Be forewarned it has a lot of misc non reverb IRs and a lot of odd Kontakt instruments, too.
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neptune45 View Post
Illusion is amazing. You don't see much talk about it here but its just so complete. Spend some time learning the interface (which is pretty intuitive but has a lot of stuff). I use it a lot just for the early reflections, which you can tweek as you want. The chambers as very good as well.
Old 30th November 2020
Deleted 1833845
So...anyone have any problems with their Eventide Anthology upgrade yet? Still waiting on that email myself.
📝 Reply