Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
VSX supports machine authorization.
Old 28th November 2020 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
Amen to that. I doubt the excluded plugins will ever be on a cut price sale.
Probably not anymore. I remember when people had a chance to grab the Class A comp (which was quite new at the time) during the Valentine's Day promo. That was the last time they allowed people to grab any of their top of the heap plug-ins at a serious discount.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragan View Post
It’ll be surprising to me if they don’t offer any sale on it. It’s been out a while now and I can’t imagine they’re selling all that many licenses at that comical price.
It isn't about selling licenses for individual plug-ins anymore. They would rather you subscribe to one of their plans. That's why the newest stuff is being exempted.
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Hey guys, what the heck am I doing wrong?

Cannot get CLA EchoSphere for some reason. I filled out the form 2 weeks ago or whenever, and then several times again today, and it still won't appear in my cart or account. If I try to add it to my cart, I get taken back to the form page and then back to the product page after I fill the form out, making for a nice little useless loop.

This is gettin' to be OTT-frustrating, meaning that even if I resolve this with your help, it would've cost me at least one "normal" Waves plugin purchase's worth of time and stress.

TIA
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Good news. Half an hour later I managed to snap out of the loop and was told to expect an email within 4 hours.

Whoopie-doo.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmaier View Post
Am I the only one here who didn't get a Black Friday email from PA?
I didn't get mine, either. is there a code that we're supposed to use?
Here for the gear

Try subscibing to their newsletter. I've been a customer for a few years and didn't receive anything, but when I subscribed yesterday I got the discount code immediately via email.
Old 28th November 2020
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
broke down and grabbed the SPL Vitailizer.

It does do some unique things ... and in Mastering, you just never know when you might call on it.

But geesh .... can the GUI get any smaller. Should request the braille version :| [got to see if I can whip up a GUI in Reaper STRIPPER]

from the looks of it ... PA needs to get some new stuff. The last piece of interest is the AMEX 200. But I don't even want to demo at current price.
Lives for gear

Had a few beers and bought V collection 7 for €149

Having fun!
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by easyrider View Post
Had a few beers and bought V collection 7 for €149

Having fun!
For the most part what's in VC7 is really good. One very dark spot is the piano; to put it succinctly it sucks. Possibly the worst piano emulation ever.
Old 28th November 2020
Gear Guru

18 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
The Arturia DX7 is a miracle to me. It sounds exactly the same as my MK I Yamaha real-deal DX7.

Some of the other instruments are kind of samey sounding, and some stand out. I wish I could make a list but it's still being sorted out. The ARP 2600 is a favorite of mine.
Gear Maniac

Quote:
For the most part what's in VC7 is really good. One very dark spot is the piano; to put it succinctly it sucks. Possibly the worst piano emulation ever.
Piano is bad but Stage is really good.
GBP
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Hey kids if ya not buying any PA plugs at the moment as they’re holding the new ones back and need an excellent clipper/ distortion for sound design or tracks etc, I just bought this for £12.50

Well good , well happy, never knew of this until yesterday and I now have even more clippers Should be resizable as well in the new year.....

Hello all, V-Clip is on sale again 50% off until Friday 4th. https://www.vennaudio.com/product/v-clip/
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyxx View Post
The Arturia DX7 is a miracle to me. It sounds exactly the same as my MK I Yamaha real-deal DX7.

Some of the other instruments are kind of samey sounding, and some stand out. I wish I could make a list but it's still being sorted out. The ARP 2600 is a favorite of mine.
The only problem with the DX7 is the ratio system Arturia uses - it's not the same as what Yamaha used. All kinds of bitching about it on the Arturia forums. So a patch on a real DX7 and entering it on Arturia's won't sound the same.

Had a DX7-IID back in the day; should never have gotten rid of it.
Gear Guru

18 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
The only problem with the DX7 is the ratio system Arturia uses - it's not the same as what Yamaha used. All kinds of bitching about it on the Arturia forums. So a patch on a real DX7 and entering it on Arturia's won't sound the same.

They're some little button near the bottom for old school maximum value, or modern maximum value of midi note velocity. I thought that fixed it for me. Unless you're talking about something else.
Lives for gear

Quote:
They're some little button near the bottom for old school maximum value, or modern maximum value of midi note velocity. I thought that fixed it for me. Unless you're talking about something else.
Not even close. I'm talking about the ratios for operators. Here's but one thread on the issue: https://forum.arturia.com/index.php?topic=92513.0
Old 28th November 2020
Gear Guru

18 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
"Not even close." Nice one. The more you know, I guess. Thanks for pointing out the issue. Sounds good to me though.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkey Man View Post
Good news. Half an hour later I managed to snap out of the loop and was told to expect an email within 4 hours.

Whoopie-doo.
Had troubles as well. Signed up earlier this week at the announcement, later today filled my address in again but for some reason nothing happened. Found out my adblocker did prevent the site from working.

It was added to my account within an hour, I have downloaded and installed it via Waves central now. Will check it out tomorrow.

Quote:

I use this and it works and sounds great: https://asb2m10.github.io/dexed/
This made me get rid of my TX7 as the sound is 1 on 1. Did keep my TG77 as it does more than the FM thing.

More on topic:
Using Brainworx SSL4000G here along with some of the PA freebies (Elysia and SPL). Pretty happy with that. Might take their Focusrite console in the future.

But to be very honest, i'm not the kinda guy who owns long lists of plugins. I hate being swamped with choice, just a total distraction for me. I think I have something like 20 additional plugins (and my Waves IR is just to compensate for lack of similar reverb to Logic's Space Designer in Pro tools).
Old 29th November 2020
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Do you know if $15/month for mix & master bundle is a regular price or black friday special offer?
Old 29th November 2020
Lives for gear

Just grabbed Sir3 as a BF deal....Wooooah!!!!! It's fantastic
Old 29th November 2020 | Show parent
GBP
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by tempsperdu View Post
Just grabbed Sir3 as a BF deal....Wooooah!!!!! It's fantastic
I think there has been a price reduction in its normal price as well as I am sure it was around $200 several months ago. Might be wrong....
How does it compare to liquidsonics reverberate 3 do you know?
Quote:
Not even close. I'm talking about the ratios for operators. Here's but one thread on the issue: https://forum.arturia.com/index.php?topic=92513.0
this will be the DX7 to get: https://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewt...t=dx7#p7940020
Old 29th November 2020
Lives for gear

IMPORTANT: If you own any of the Eventide plugins from the Anthology XI Bundle check your Upgrade Price now from their website and click on Buy to see your price. I had 8 or something I think and got a completely FREE upgrade to the Bundle with 23 plugins. Very nice surprise from a great company.

Just thought I'd give the heads up. Probably to do also with the slashed full price now to $499 which is great value if you haven't got any.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBP View Post
I think there has been a price reduction in its normal price as well as I am sure it was around $200 several months ago. Might be wrong....
How does it compare to liquidsonics reverberate 3 do you know?
It's 49 euros with a further 25% off if you subscribe to their newsletter.
No idea about Liquidsonics I'm afraid but the sound quality is so lush.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neptune45 View Post
IMPORTANT: If you own any of the Eventide plugins from the Anthology XI Bundle check your Upgrade Price now from their website and click on Buy to see your price. I had 8 or something I think and got a completely FREE upgrade to the Bundle with 23 plugins. Very nice surprise from a great company.

Just thought I'd give the heads up. Probably to do also with the slashed full price now to $499 which is great value if you haven't got any.
I have 10 and the upgrade price is $249
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM WHO YOU THINK View Post
I have 10 and the upgrade price is $249
Have you checked now as it worked for me.
Old 29th November 2020
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:

Dexed sounds identical to the dx7 mk1 and that's free, nice patch library/editor for the mk1 too
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Yeah, thanks. It worked!

My price for the H9 bundle is cheaper too. It's not $0, but it was $99 yesterday. It's $49 now.
Old 29th November 2020
Gear Addict

for those that happen to like Liquidsonics and Mix with the masters: If you get your BF MWTM deal first, you can stack the individual mwtm liquidsonics discount (30%) on top of the liquidsonics BF sale resulting in a serious discount.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraByte View Post
for those that happen to like Liquidsonics and Mix with the masters: If you get your BF MWTM deal first, you can stack the individual mwtm liquidsonics discount (30%) on top of the liquidsonics BF sale resulting in a serious discount.
What’s the MWTM deal?

Ignore .....

Last edited by easyrider; 29th November 2020 at 03:29 AM.. Reason: Googled the answer
📝 Reply