The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Who Uses Plugin Alliance?
Old 26th November 2020 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudedefaren View Post
I know that you said you don't know if that's my specific issue, and you'll note that I very specifically didn't say that your strawman was made against me personally. Relax. You haven't offended me.

You have observed people making complaints, whittled the entire context of their posts to the singular phrase "this should have been a free update" and making up your own reasons for why they're arguing this, — "how dare you charge for your work" as you stated, which implies that these people believe software companies should not be paid for their work. Nobody ever said anything to the effect of "how dare Ableton charge for their work" and nobody ever said that they expect Ableton to give free upgrades, but you have stated it as such. That's the strawman.

I'm not interested in answering the person's question because there are way too many people who get triggered by the subject and try to start utterly pointless arguments about it, as you've just done.

I'm cool with you thinking Ableton has done nothing wrong. Can you be ok with me having a different opinion? The subject of my original post was not focused on Ableton, so there's no need to make a big deal of it.
Wow. I'll try to remember to never ask what your issue is when you state that there is one.
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by IM WHO YOU THINK View Post
Wow. I'll try to remember to never ask what your issue is when you state that there is one.
Well, I'm sorry you feel that way, I doubt if we'll talk much again, it's a big forum and I've never seen you.

But I hope you don't misunderstand my post: I didn't say I suspected you personally would get triggered and try to start an argument if I answered your question. I said there are way too many people who would. And clearly I was not mistaken.
Gear Addict

I wrote a longer post in response but it seems pointless as you're determined to claim people didn't say what they said.

I read posts that directly said the main contents of the Live 11 upgrade should have been a free update because they believe that MPE and Comping and the other features I mentioned should not qualify for a paid upgrade. That they should have been Ableton Live 10.2 and not 11 (point upgrades being free, this fits with the "we shouldn't have to pay for this" complaint.)

If you're claiming these things weren't said then either you missed them or you're for some odd reason pretending they weren't. The reasons why people said them are irrelevant. They were said, and indicated as a source of annoyance with Ableton.

I may have been a bit hyperbolic in a small section of my original post. No more hyperbolic than saying I or others have been "triggered."

No evidence of a straw man has been presented.

It's a pity you won't answer why you are unhappy with Ableton as I was genuinely interested to see if you had something insightful to say. But if you prefer to keep it to yourself that's okay.
Old 26th November 2020
Gear Addict

Going back to being off topic in different ways...

I've been trying out the Darkglass and Cory Wong amps from Neural DSP and quite liking them so far. Using Darkglass on the Ableton Bass pack and CW on a couple of synth leads. The tonal quality is interesting and sounds really good to my ears. The CW can be pretty intensely heavy on the CPU, though. And that's with most pedals disengaged, but the stereo toggle turned on (mono on the synth leads just sounded a little flat compared to the original synth sound. Stereo sounds much better.)

Not sure I'm going to buy them both (or either) but I am so tempted. Must first try the CW on the bass (I see it has bass presets so presumably is good for that) to see if I really need both. VAT adds 20% on top of the price so it's not so cheap for me. Definitely something to sleep on. I have until Monday.
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by strange loop View Post
I wrote a longer post in response but it seems pointless as you're determined to claim people didn't say what they said.
I saw that longer post, but you're only partially correct. It is pointless, but because from your very first post you spoke in a way that gave away your intent to argue, and as I've said, I am not interested in a debate about whether Live 11 should have been free.

Your behavior, the way you have conducted yourself and presented your initial post on the matter here, the fact that you had to edit that recent post three times from the initial multi-quote debate mess it was initially, and your inflammatory remarks in your initial post that relegate my point of view to that of an angry horde, all lead me to not believing you when you say you are genuinely interested in my point of view.

That's not even taking into account your self-stated clause for this interest being if and only if you deem my personal reasons for my viewpoint as being "beyond the shallow objections of people who feel that functionality such as MPE and comping should have been free updates to 10." I'm really not interested in engaging an attitude like that in earnest, hence my flippant remark about your strawman.

For the same reason, I find it borderline offensive that your interest in my point of view is predicated on whether you personally deem that there is "something insightful" about it.

If you 100% believe I am incorrect about your intent to argue, then you need to review the way you have presented yourself and the verbiage you have used, as well as your recent history in this thread. Those things are out of alignment with your stated intent.

So, to use your specific verbiage, no evidence of genuine interest has been presented

And since you're so hung up on it:

Person A: Ableton shouldn't charge for this update, because X, Y, and Z
Person B: Oh, so Ableton just shouldn't charge for their work?

Read more: http://nizkor.com/features/fallacies/straw-man.html

Now, I have wasted enough of my time on you, so you are going on my ignore list. Nothing personal, just not interested. Happy thanksgiving, be well.
Old 27th November 2020 | Show parent
Gear Nut

🎧 15 years
Where? Can”f find anything from their site.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mutetourettes View Post
Harrison are doing a bundle of all their ava plugs for $39. That’s a really good price folks!!
Here for the gear

Tone Projects' highly praised Unisum mastering compressor is on sale right now. 40 % off. $119 instead of the normal $199 (til monday). I've been waiting for this and gonna grab it now.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad jitter View Post
Me neither...
Gear Addict

Quote:
I saw that longer post, but you're only partially correct. It is pointless, but because from your very first post you spoke in a way that gave away your intent to argue
That's your faulty perception. It was never my intent to argue and you've not proven that it was. You, however, have been very argumentative from the beginning and I admit I have responded in kind.

You're inferring a whole lot here that was not intended. This is probably my fault due to the use of hyperbole in the original post. I can't change that. You're mistaken that I am not interested.

I understand the straw man fallacy. I've said that that one part you're hung up on was hyperbole, specific to these features and not a general comment on upgrades. I'd remove it if I could. I can't. Using it to discount everything else said is disingenuous.

I take it you're not denying people said these features should have been a free 10.2 update? That was my intended point.

You won't see this since you've put me on ignore. That's okay. Others will and perhaps they'll take a more measured view. Or not. It's up to them.
Old 27th November 2020
Gear Maniac

the diffference between the class a is that the class a is a little bit smoother or warmer than the normal shadow hills
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by tempsperdu View Post
Softube have Valley People Dynamite going for 49 euros on their site atm
I luuuv that thing. On drums esp but also on bass guitar and synth bass. But on drums, whoah nelly!
Deleted 1833845
Quote:
One of the biggest strawmans I've ever seen on the internet, kudos
Bull****. He's 200% correct.
Here for the gear

Quote:
I found it via an Instagram ad:

https://harrisonconsolesstore.onfast...m/5-ava-bundle
Gear Nut

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidqp View Post
Thanks! Bought.

Vocal Flow is not included, but at that price, I don't complain. And if you need it, you can buy it for $39 from ADL.

Last edited by bad jitter; 27th November 2020 at 09:35 AM..
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Thanks! Bought.

Vocal Flow is not included, but at that price, I don't complain. And if you need it, you can buy it for $69 from ADL.
Did you purchase from that link? I just tried and PayPal said that page doesn't exist. I've never seen that happen.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calagan View Post
What about reverberate 3 ?
Seems that's on sale too so I'll check that out.
Gear Nut

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by no genre View Post
Did you purchase from that link? I just tried and PayPal said that page doesn't exist. I've never seen that happen.
Yes, I did. No problem with PayPal.
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Yes, I did. No problem with PayPal.
The response is appreciated.

I'll try a few more times. PayPal is working properly for me with other things. Perhaps it's just a temporary glitch here.
Gear Maniac

Can I just say that I’ve spent the morning trying out my two new softsynths.

Cherry Audio’s Juno 106 ($25)

and

Plogue’s PortaFM (on sale for $15)

Both sound amazing so go now!!!!!!
Gear Nut

So I am a bit confused and having slow moment, the Plugin Alliance homepage says Any Plugin for 29.99 but none of the product prices have been adjusted. Am I missing something?
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleu Fontaine View Post
So I am a bit confused and having slow moment, the Plugin Alliance homepage says Any Plugin for 29.99 but none of the product prices have been adjusted. Am I missing something?
Yes - you have to enter the code from the email when you get to your cart. Keep in mind that there's a bunch that aren't included in the sale.
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
Yes - you have to enter the code from the email when you get to your cart. Keep in mind that there's a bunch that aren't included in the sale.
Thanks, I appreciate it. I just figured it out. I subscribed to the newsletter and bam there is the code. Its not too intuitive though, I didnt realize I wasnt subscribed.
Lives for gear

Did everyone get the CLA Reverb plugin for free....?
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by easyrider View Post
Did everyone get the CLA Reverb plugin for free....?
Yup
Lives for gear

And the Fresh Air?

https://slatedigital.com/#bfHomeFreshAir

Here for the gear

thanks for the reminder on Waves and Slate guys
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by easyrider View Post
Just got it - cheers for the heads up
Old 27th November 2020
Gear Guru

18 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Waiting on the Slate email, CLA installed, very nice I must say. Using it on the FREE Cherry Audio MG-1 synthesizer, a tasty combination.
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Oh guff, do Slate not allow Ilok machine authorisation? (is that also the case for VSX?)
Old 28th November 2020
Gear Addict

They apparently do not, and as a result I'm skipping their free plugin. I don't do cloud iLok and can't do the usb key (don't have one, nor do I have a spare usb port.)
📝 Reply