The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Who Uses Plugin Alliance?
Old 26th November 2020 | Show parent
  #12511
Lives for gear
 
IM WHO YOU THINK's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudedefaren View Post
I know that you said you don't know if that's my specific issue, and you'll note that I very specifically didn't say that your strawman was made against me personally. Relax. You haven't offended me.

You have observed people making complaints, whittled the entire context of their posts to the singular phrase "this should have been a free update" and making up your own reasons for why they're arguing this, — "how dare you charge for your work" as you stated, which implies that these people believe software companies should not be paid for their work. Nobody ever said anything to the effect of "how dare Ableton charge for their work" and nobody ever said that they expect Ableton to give free upgrades, but you have stated it as such. That's the strawman.

I'm not interested in answering the person's question because there are way too many people who get triggered by the subject and try to start utterly pointless arguments about it, as you've just done.

I'm cool with you thinking Ableton has done nothing wrong. Can you be ok with me having a different opinion? The subject of my original post was not focused on Ableton, so there's no need to make a big deal of it.
Wow. I'll try to remember to never ask what your issue is when you state that there is one.
Old 26th November 2020 | Show parent
  #12512
Gear Nut
 
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by IM WHO YOU THINK View Post
Wow. I'll try to remember to never ask what your issue is when you state that there is one.
Well, I'm sorry you feel that way, I doubt if we'll talk much again, it's a big forum and I've never seen you.

But I hope you don't misunderstand my post: I didn't say I suspected you personally would get triggered and try to start an argument if I answered your question. I said there are way too many people who would. And clearly I was not mistaken.
Old 26th November 2020 | Show parent
  #12513
Gear Addict
 
I wrote a longer post in response but it seems pointless as you're determined to claim people didn't say what they said.

I read posts that directly said the main contents of the Live 11 upgrade should have been a free update because they believe that MPE and Comping and the other features I mentioned should not qualify for a paid upgrade. That they should have been Ableton Live 10.2 and not 11 (point upgrades being free, this fits with the "we shouldn't have to pay for this" complaint.)

If you're claiming these things weren't said then either you missed them or you're for some odd reason pretending they weren't. The reasons why people said them are irrelevant. They were said, and indicated as a source of annoyance with Ableton.

I may have been a bit hyperbolic in a small section of my original post. No more hyperbolic than saying I or others have been "triggered."

No evidence of a straw man has been presented.

It's a pity you won't answer why you are unhappy with Ableton as I was genuinely interested to see if you had something insightful to say. But if you prefer to keep it to yourself that's okay.
Old 26th November 2020
  #12514
Gear Addict
 
Going back to being off topic in different ways...

I've been trying out the Darkglass and Cory Wong amps from Neural DSP and quite liking them so far. Using Darkglass on the Ableton Bass pack and CW on a couple of synth leads. The tonal quality is interesting and sounds really good to my ears. The CW can be pretty intensely heavy on the CPU, though. And that's with most pedals disengaged, but the stereo toggle turned on (mono on the synth leads just sounded a little flat compared to the original synth sound. Stereo sounds much better.)

Not sure I'm going to buy them both (or either) but I am so tempted. Must first try the CW on the bass (I see it has bass presets so presumably is good for that) to see if I really need both. VAT adds 20% on top of the price so it's not so cheap for me. Definitely something to sleep on. I have until Monday.
Old 26th November 2020 | Show parent
  #12515
Gear Nut
 
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by strange loop View Post
I wrote a longer post in response but it seems pointless as you're determined to claim people didn't say what they said.
I saw that longer post, but you're only partially correct. It is pointless, but because from your very first post you spoke in a way that gave away your intent to argue, and as I've said, I am not interested in a debate about whether Live 11 should have been free.

Your behavior, the way you have conducted yourself and presented your initial post on the matter here, the fact that you had to edit that recent post three times from the initial multi-quote debate mess it was initially, and your inflammatory remarks in your initial post that relegate my point of view to that of an angry horde, all lead me to not believing you when you say you are genuinely interested in my point of view.

That's not even taking into account your self-stated clause for this interest being if and only if you deem my personal reasons for my viewpoint as being "beyond the shallow objections of people who feel that functionality such as MPE and comping should have been free updates to 10." I'm really not interested in engaging an attitude like that in earnest, hence my flippant remark about your strawman.

For the same reason, I find it borderline offensive that your interest in my point of view is predicated on whether you personally deem that there is "something insightful" about it.

If you 100% believe I am incorrect about your intent to argue, then you need to review the way you have presented yourself and the verbiage you have used, as well as your recent history in this thread. Those things are out of alignment with your stated intent.

So, to use your specific verbiage, no evidence of genuine interest has been presented

And since you're so hung up on it:

Person A: Ableton shouldn't charge for this update, because X, Y, and Z
Person B: Oh, so Ableton just shouldn't charge for their work?

Read more: http://nizkor.com/features/fallacies/straw-man.html

Now, I have wasted enough of my time on you, so you are going on my ignore list. Nothing personal, just not interested. Happy thanksgiving, be well.
Old 27th November 2020 | Show parent
  #12516
Gear Nut
 
🎧 15 years
Where? Can”f find anything from their site.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mutetourettes View Post
Harrison are doing a bundle of all their ava plugs for $39. That’s a really good price folks!!
Old 27th November 2020 | Show parent
  #12517
Here for the gear
 
Tone Projects' highly praised Unisum mastering compressor is on sale right now. 40 % off. $119 instead of the normal $199 (til monday). I've been waiting for this and gonna grab it now.
Old 27th November 2020 | Show parent
  #12518
Lives for gear
 
easyrider's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bad jitter View Post
Where? Can”f find anything from their site.
Me neither...
Old 27th November 2020 | Show parent
  #12519
Gear Addict
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudedefaren View Post
I saw that longer post, but you're only partially correct. It is pointless, but because from your very first post you spoke in a way that gave away your intent to argue
That's your faulty perception. It was never my intent to argue and you've not proven that it was. You, however, have been very argumentative from the beginning and I admit I have responded in kind.

You're inferring a whole lot here that was not intended. This is probably my fault due to the use of hyperbole in the original post. I can't change that. You're mistaken that I am not interested.

I understand the straw man fallacy. I've said that that one part you're hung up on was hyperbole, specific to these features and not a general comment on upgrades. I'd remove it if I could. I can't. Using it to discount everything else said is disingenuous.

I take it you're not denying people said these features should have been a free 10.2 update? That was my intended point.

You won't see this since you've put me on ignore. That's okay. Others will and perhaps they'll take a more measured view. Or not. It's up to them.
Old 27th November 2020
  #12520
Gear Maniac
 
the diffference between the class a is that the class a is a little bit smoother or warmer than the normal shadow hills
Old 27th November 2020 | Show parent
  #12521
Lives for gear
 
64gtoboy's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by tempsperdu View Post
Softube have Valley People Dynamite going for 49 euros on their site atm
I luuuv that thing. On drums esp but also on bass guitar and synth bass. But on drums, whoah nelly!
Old 27th November 2020 | Show parent
  #12522
Deleted 1833845
Guest
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudedefaren View Post
One of the biggest strawmans I've ever seen on the internet, kudos
Bull****. He's 200% correct.
Old 27th November 2020 | Show parent
  #12523
Here for the gear
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bad jitter View Post
Where? Can”f find anything from their site.
I found it via an Instagram ad:

https://harrisonconsolesstore.onfast...m/5-ava-bundle
Old 27th November 2020 | Show parent
  #12524
Gear Nut
 
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidqp View Post
Thanks! Bought.

Vocal Flow is not included, but at that price, I don't complain. And if you need it, you can buy it for $39 from ADL.

Last edited by bad jitter; 27th November 2020 at 09:35 AM..
Old 27th November 2020 | Show parent
  #12525
Lives for gear
 
no genre's Avatar
 
1 Review written
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by bad jitter View Post
Thanks! Bought.

Vocal Flow is not included, but at that price, I don't complain. And if you need it, you can buy it for $69 from ADL.
Did you purchase from that link? I just tried and PayPal said that page doesn't exist. I've never seen that happen.
Old 27th November 2020 | Show parent
  #12526
Lives for gear
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calagan View Post
What about reverberate 3 ?
Seems that's on sale too so I'll check that out.
Old 27th November 2020 | Show parent
  #12527
Gear Nut
 
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by no genre View Post
Did you purchase from that link? I just tried and PayPal said that page doesn't exist. I've never seen that happen.
Yes, I did. No problem with PayPal.
Old 27th November 2020 | Show parent
  #12528
Lives for gear
 
no genre's Avatar
 
1 Review written
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by bad jitter View Post
Yes, I did. No problem with PayPal.
The response is appreciated.

I'll try a few more times. PayPal is working properly for me with other things. Perhaps it's just a temporary glitch here.
Old 27th November 2020 | Show parent
  #12529
Gear Maniac
 
Can I just say that I’ve spent the morning trying out my two new softsynths.

Cherry Audio’s Juno 106 ($25)

and

Plogue’s PortaFM (on sale for $15)

Both sound amazing so go now!!!!!!
Old 27th November 2020 | Show parent
  #12530
Gear Nut
 
So I am a bit confused and having slow moment, the Plugin Alliance homepage says Any Plugin for 29.99 but none of the product prices have been adjusted. Am I missing something?
Old 27th November 2020 | Show parent
  #12531
Lives for gear
 
musicman691's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleu Fontaine View Post
So I am a bit confused and having slow moment, the Plugin Alliance homepage says Any Plugin for 29.99 but none of the product prices have been adjusted. Am I missing something?
Yes - you have to enter the code from the email when you get to your cart. Keep in mind that there's a bunch that aren't included in the sale.
Old 27th November 2020 | Show parent
  #12532
Gear Nut
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
Yes - you have to enter the code from the email when you get to your cart. Keep in mind that there's a bunch that aren't included in the sale.
Thanks, I appreciate it. I just figured it out. I subscribed to the newsletter and bam there is the code. Its not too intuitive though, I didnt realize I wasnt subscribed.
Old 27th November 2020 | Show parent
  #12533
Lives for gear
 
easyrider's Avatar
 
Did everyone get the CLA Reverb plugin for free....?
Old 27th November 2020 | Show parent
  #12534
Lives for gear
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by easyrider View Post
Did everyone get the CLA Reverb plugin for free....?
Yup
Old 27th November 2020 | Show parent
  #12535
Lives for gear
 
easyrider's Avatar
 
And the Fresh Air?

https://slatedigital.com/#bfHomeFreshAir

Old 27th November 2020 | Show parent
  #12536
Here for the gear
 
thanks for the reminder on Waves and Slate guys
Old 27th November 2020 | Show parent
  #12537
Lives for gear
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by easyrider View Post
Just got it - cheers for the heads up
Old 27th November 2020
  #12538
Gear Guru
 
monkeyxx's Avatar
 
18 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Waiting on the Slate email, CLA installed, very nice I must say. Using it on the FREE Cherry Audio MG-1 synthesizer, a tasty combination.
Old 27th November 2020 | Show parent
  #12539
Lives for gear
 
mutetourettes's Avatar
 
🎧 5 years
Oh guff, do Slate not allow Ilok machine authorisation? (is that also the case for VSX?)
Old 28th November 2020
  #12540
Gear Addict
 
They apparently do not, and as a result I'm skipping their free plugin. I don't do cloud iLok and can't do the usb key (don't have one, nor do I have a spare usb port.)
📝 Reply

Similar Threads

Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post
replies: 90 views: 24471
Avatar for RogerFoote
RogerFoote 4th July 2019
replies: 761 views: 144766
Avatar for Jason rocks
Jason rocks 29th June 2016
replies: 1694 views: 201795
Avatar for machinated
machinated 1 week ago
replies: 102 views: 26594
Avatar for simon.billington
simon.billington 5 days ago
Topic:
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
🎙️ View mentioned gear
Forum Jump
Forum Jump