The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Who Uses Plugin Alliance?
Old 24th November 2020 | Show parent
Here for the gear

Also very pleased with R4. I have the FabFilter Pro-R on the iPad which I sadly rarely use for making music, but the FF plugs are all very good too (have them all on the iPad only).
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM WHO YOU THINK View Post
I chose to bet it wouldn't go on sale.
I'm considering selling mine for the $74 I paid plus transfer fee. (Buyer's remorse. lol). I have to put it through its paces a bit more, but I think I like CLA mix Hub and MH CH3 together more).

I may keep it like I do most plugs in case someone comes through and wants it in a session.

I have enough plugins lol.
I tried CLA Mix Hub when it dropped and thought it a waste, especially given it's a cpu-muncher. Combine that with no solo/mute buttons and it was an easy delete from my computer.

Nor have I ever gotten on with any MH stuff. Just not my cup of Earl Grey (hot).
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I can dig it. (I like Earl Grey)!

I like the UAD SSL more than all of them, but my 2 Octos would scream if I tried to put them on every channel. I use the Mix hub mainly on drums (along with UAD API vision).

It's cool to switch it up some times too. (depending on the tune).
Old 25th November 2020
Deleted 94711a4
I guess that I will not be needing this $50 code:

2020-11-50-7CCZJ

Knock yourself out.
Old 25th November 2020 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
Also very pleased with R4. I have the FabFilter Pro-R on the iPad which I sadly rarely use for making music, but the FF plugs are all very good too (have them all on the iPad only).
I highly prefer FabFilter Pro-R (on the Mac) to the Exponential Audio reverbs (and I have them all). Pro-R is my main verb for almost every reverberation need. I only add Zynaptiq Adaptiverb for sound design.
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
Earl Grey (hot).
Qapla!
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by nichttuntun View Post
Please do check out HYPERSPACE from United Plugins. This is one of the best reverbs out there. And its on sale for unbelievable 37 EUR.

It can do Lexicon style sounds with ease but is actually tweakable to the last bit of detail and goes far beyond.
This is one of the reasons I am resisting buying any more reverbs (and compressors and ...) There will always be another one someone says is a must have top of the range so awesome no brainer it's so cheap that by the time you've bought all of them you've spent a lot of money and now have so many that the chances of you making music instead of deciding which plugin to use today have dropped.

Better to be happy with what I have** than drowning in a sea of choices and wondering why my bank account is looking at me with murder in its eyes.

** Note: I mean actually happy. Not "It's what I have so I'll make do even though I don't really think it's that great."
Old 25th November 2020
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Black friday Mail.

Every Plugin 29. Again.

Bettermaker and 9000j and others are excluded
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Bummer for me 'cause the only plugs I don't have are excluded.
Deleted 94711a4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkey Man View Post
Bummer for me 'cause the only plugs I don't have are excluded.
Same here.

I have pretty much everything I want/need from PA. The only few that I still want/need are among the 10 plugins that are excluded.

Oh well, that makes things easy for me. I wont be using any of the $29 coupons, just like I didn't use them in the previous sale.

I do have my eyes on some other plugins and samples from various vendors that I've been thinking about, as there are so many black friday sales happening.
Old 25th November 2020
Lives for gear

4 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
ANY PLUGIN $29.99*

* Products NOT included in this promotion:
Everything you actually might buy
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eigenwert View Post
Gold!
Lives for gear

Quote:
ANY PLUGIN $29.99*

Indeed another Yawn fest from PA....
Old 25th November 2020
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Just had bought Adptr Streamliner with my previous coupon and Metric AB ... so I got it for $25.

But now ... with this new 29 coupon ... nothing really left for me to buy :|

Interested in the AMEX 200 ... but not at that price.

If I was to get, yet another, EQ ... maybe the 2098 ? but really not what I would need ... i don't know.

pandemic lockdown is getting to me .....
Gear Maniac

Quote:
ANY PLUGIN $29.99*

ish....
There will be a lot of new people joining the PA cult that don't have everything like we might have.. this is a great start for them.

As there is nothing like others, that I need I can look elsewhere-

Nueral DSP anyone?
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by strange loop View Post
There will always be another one someone says is a must have top of the range so awesome no brainer it's so cheap
it's usually @ Bose too.

He's keeping the plugin industry afloat single-handedly
Old 25th November 2020
The Neold V76U73 looks intriguing and wasn't excluded from the $29 sale. Sigh, like everyone else, I was hoping for a good price on the 9000J.

Off topic but has anyone tried the kh-comp1 from Black Rooster? On offer for $20. I have the VLA bundle and it's pretty great.
trg
Gear Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbl4311 View Post
Off topic but has anyone tried the kh-comp1 from Black Rooster? On offer for $20. I have the VLA bundle and it's pretty great.
Thanks for that!
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Maybe 9000j will be available in the second round?
Gear Addict

Quote:
I like it for clean drum compression (it had an almost transient shaper effect that I like a lot) using the Hilbert detector. Haven't used it that much yet but where I have it's done good things.

I was using it on a synth line where it really brought out something in the delayed stereo echoes that my other compressors (not a large collection, mainly Kotelnikov GE, bx_opto, elysia Alpha at the time) did not, using the blended stereo link. There was low level lower mid range detail that pushed up nicely with KH-Comp1. But I've since replaced it on that particular sound with Molot GE. That gave me the same added detail but tamed some upper mids in certain parts that were more prominent with KH-Comp1. It's not that KH-Comp1 sounded bad - it sounded great - it's that it sounded that little bit better to me without those bits standing out as much each time they came around. And it may be that what you prefer is for them to stand out.

Still using it on the drums for that track, though. Molot GE does great things for drums but it's different and I'll use them both there, depending what sound I'm looking for.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagman18 View Post
ish....
There will be a lot of new people joining the PA cult that don't have everything like we might have.. this is a great start for them.

As there is nothing like others, that I need I can look elsewhere-

Nueral DSP anyone?
Got Cory Wong yesterday. Amazing. There isn't a single PA amp sim which is even close to that quality level.
Lives for gear

Quote:
The Neold V76U73 looks intriguing and wasn't excluded from the $29 sale. Sigh, like everyone else, I was hoping for a good price on the 9000J.

Neold... Go grab it. It's an amazing plugin. Worth every penny and the guys are worth too be supported anyway.

Black Rooster Audio are having a BF sale. Right now the COMPLETE PLUGIN BUNDLE is offered for 99 EUR!!!

Yeah I feel the joy for new customers. But BRA lost me here as I bought all of their plugins over the years... this is a big hard slap in the face of long term loyal customers. I bought the H1 comp alone for 99 EUR No more words.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Got Cory Wong yesterday. Amazing. There isn't a single PA amp sim which is even close to that quality level.
Yeah Neural DSP are Kings of amp sims at the moment.
Lives for gear

Quote:
ANY PLUGIN $29.99*

Amen to that. I doubt the excluded plugins will ever be on a cut price sale.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Who or what is this Cory Wong?
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
Who or what is this Cory Wong?
It's an amazingly skilled guitarist. Neural DSP made an incredibly sounding and versatile signature Amp suite with him. Absolutely state of the art sounding. Even the inbuilt pedals are among the best I've ever heard so far. There isn't a Wha pedal (including auto-wah) or a filter envelope follower like this from another brand.

The suite offers 2 amps and one console DI in emulation for achieving those archetypes funk sounds. It has 3 cabs, 4 extremely good sounding pedals plus the wah. Many microphones, adjustable in distance and panning. 2 at once usable. And 3 EQs. Best thing is this isn't the usual hi-gain amp system. It's vintage and it's excellent in clean tones as well in the dirty region and it's 100 percent custom made. The components are very well tuned to one another and fit perfectly together. It's an incredibly package for the money even on full price. This is a product, once again, it puts most PA amp product to shame in any aspect.

It's on sale BF wise for 59 Euro and that is a real bargain. Check it out on YT, you'll be amazed, I'm sure. The video demonstrations are great and it's a joy to see Cory Wong playing. But you'll find some other very very good guitar player also if you search YT who demo this amp system.

PS
Beside this, tis just one example for me why any additional 29 Euro for grabbing *any* plugin from PA is 29 Euro too much as there are so good excellent products out there which are far above PA quality standards. I rather spend the money for unique high quality keepers from specialized smaller companies as investing in PAs generic stuff. Listen to their IRs for example, they sound just terrible in comparison.
Gear Maniac

Quote:
It's an amazingly skilled guitarist. Neural DSP made an incredibly sounding and versatile signature Amp suite with him. Absolutely state of the art sounding. Even the inbuilt pedals are among the best I've ever heard so far. There isn't a Wha pedal (including auto-wah) or a filter envelope follower like this from another brand.

The suite offers 2 amps and one console DI in emulation for achieving those archetypes funk sounds. It has 3 cabs, 4 extremely good sounding pedals plus the wah. Many microphones, adjustable in distance and panning. 2 at once usable. And 3 EQs. Best thing is this isn't the usual hi-gain amp system. It's vintage and it's excellent in clean tones as well in the dirty region and it's 100 percent custom made. The components are very well tuned to one another and fit perfectly together. It's an incredibly package for the money even on full price. This is a product, once again, it puts most PA amp product to shame in any aspect.

It's on sale BF wise for 59 Euro and that is a real bargain. Check it out on YT, you'll be amazed, I'm sure. The video demonstrations are great and it's a joy to see Cory Wong playing. But you'll find some other very very good guitar player also if you search YT who demo this amp system.
Here here..
Also the Nolly is so so versatile too from clean crunch and chug.. outstanding amp sims straight out of the box.

Could easily spend my whole BF budget there..
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagman18 View Post
Here here..
Also the Nolly is so so versatile too from clean crunch and chug.. outstanding amp sims straight out of the box.

Could easily spend my whole BF budget there..
Oh yes. Nolly is great also. I also got Plini and Darkglass. Phenomenal packages. But the Archetype suites are some of the best values and most versatile ones you actually can buy for the money.

Have high hopes for the upcoming new Thermionic from Kazrog. As Shane stated, his bar for quality measurement actually is Neural DSP. And as we all know how talented he is as a coder and how rock solid his products are released, his system could be the only one en par with Neural quality. As far as he stated he will cover a huge variety of tones and sonic periods with his system. The amazing additional thing is, he knows how to code without plugins eating CPU for breakfast. That's a point Neural has to learn yet. Amazing times.
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Oh yes. Nolly is great also. I also got Plini and Darkglass. Phenomenal packages. But the Archetype suites are some of the best values and most versatile ones you actually can buy for the money.

Have high hopes for the upcoming new Thermionic from Kazrog. As Shane stated, his bar for quality measurement actually is Neural DSP. And as we all know how talented he is as a coder and how rock solid his products are released, his system could be the only one en par with Neural quality. As far as he stated he will cover a huge variety of tones and sonic periods with his system. The amazing additional thing is, he knows how to code without plugins eating CPU for breakfast. That's a point Neural has to learn yet. Amazing times.
Just new to Neural and didn't know that they were hooking up with Kazrog. Ohhh that will be good.. Yes, very exiting times right now..

I have spent all morning doing A/B between Gtr sims with PA Sgear and Neural.
The PA sims well just sound old now Not all but most.
The one that really let me down was the Friedman from PA.
That sounded nothing like the BE I used to have.. really disappointing..

The Sgear is still very good up to the chug and grunge then the NDSP just takes over from there..

If you can't get a good tone these days there really is no excuse..
Old 25th November 2020
Lives for gear

I looked up Neural DSP and am not enthralled with their stuff. They don't say what each amp is modeled after like a Fender/Marshall/Friedman/etc. Also never heard of any of the artists they have made plugins for. The amps may be great sounding but without knowing what they're modeled after it's a no-sell.
πŸ“ Reply