The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Who Uses Plugin Alliance?
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Guru

Plugin Alliance has just announced a "Pay What You Can Plan" but the price is your soul, with an extra 25% of other peoples' souls.
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyxx View Post
Plugin Alliance has just announced a "Pay What You Can Plan" but the price is your soul, with an extra 25% of other peoples' souls.
True.
But this time it looks like really winwin situation.
What will happen in sub-to-own scenario?
Subscribers every year will be selling those '' high end-250$ free'' plugs for 3d or half price, minimizing their subs costs. Newcomers without chances should pay transfer fee... Bravo - you are PA's sales agents And you know what will happen to newcomers over time - we want more Anyway i see this as hidden lowering of subs cost but in PA manner, suckin in new mass.
Really pa? Nobody in clear mind will sub 10 years just to have 10 plugs licences. If i need them now i buy them now. Or sub?
But, not bad model i shoud say. What will be in next round of PA's poker?

P. S.
But wait, majority of high-end plugs prices are 299 or 300ish...but i have only 250 in pa cashback. What should i do?

''One way, or another... ''

P. S. S.
How would we like to receive cupons PA asks us?
May i..... Summ cupons for the next years? After 4x7 years or (250x4)x7 in pa' s currency i can cashback MEGA Bundle 1.0 for 6.999
Music is free over the street. . Mixing works for pa - forever.

Last edited by mididim; 2 weeks ago at 02:30 AM..
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Just got the Sub to own email...still very much P.A poker but could be worth it for those starting out with PA...certainly better than a straight forward sub
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mididim View Post
True.
But this time it looks like really winwin situation.
What will happen in sub-to-own scenario?
Subscribers every year will be selling those '' high end-250$ free'' plugs for 3d or half price, minimizing their subs costs. Newcomers without chances should pay transfer fee... Bravo - you are PA's sales agents And you know what will happen to newcomers over time - we want more Anyway i see this as hidden lowering of subs cost but in PA manner, suckin in new mass.
Really pa? Nobody in clear mind will sub 10 years just to have 10 plugs licences. If i need them now i buy them now. Or sub?
But, not bad model i shoud say. What will be in next round of PA's poker?

P. S.
But wait, majority of high-end plugs prices are 299 or 300ish...but i have only 250 in pa cashback. What should i do?

''One way, or another... ''

P. S. S.
How would we like to receive cupons PA asks us?
May i..... Summ cupons for the next years? After 4x7 years or (250x4)x7 in pa' s currency i can cashback MEGA Bundle 1.0 for 6.999
Music is free over the street. . Mixing works for pa - forever.
In 100 years you own all their plugins
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Is this better than the best deal of our lives that we got last summer?
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Eventide has a few things on sale
H910 Harmonizer $59
H3000 Factory $79
Blackhole $49
SP2016 $79
Omnipressor $49
Tverb $59
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyscode View Post
Is this better than the best deal of our lives that we got last summer?
It might be for me if they give me a $250 voucher for my $150 subscription, but that remains to be seen. Not that I trust them or anything, but we'll see later today.
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Slightly 'Off Topic' this apparently goes on sale for 1€ on March 12th and I am so impressed with the depth and solidity of the lower registers.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGXhYkxrQ7k
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by tempsperdu View Post
Slightly 'Off Topic' this apparently goes on sale for 1€ on March 12th and I am so impressed with the depth and solidity of the lower registers.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGXhYkxrQ7k
Be forewarned - it's Windows vst only.
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
LOL That's fine by me, I detest Apple but do feel sorry for those that don't
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Got my 250 dollar voucher, I gotta say that's a pretty awesome bonus - I've gotten really good value from my PA sub.
Old 2 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
It might be for me if they give me a $250 voucher for my $150 subscription, but that remains to be seen. Not that I trust them or anything, but we'll see later today.

I got a $250 voucher and my sub is $150.
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattTheFurniture View Post
I got a $250 voucher and my sub is $150.
Eee By Gum I remember the days when $250 would have bought you 10 plugins
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Cool for you Windoze users but us Mac People are left out in the cold. Besides - who codes for Windoze only in this day and age?
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Cool for you Windoze users but us Mac People are left out in the cold. Besides - who codes for Windoze only in this day and age?
It's hard to feel really sorry for people that support a company famous for buying up software and making it Apple only I'm afraid.
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM WHO YOU THINK View Post
Eventide has a few things on sale
H910 Harmonizer $59
H3000 Factory $79
Blackhole $49
SP2016 $79
Omnipressor $49
Tverb $59
Blackhole is an awesome reverb. I'd recommend it, especially at that price.

On topic. I use some PA stuff that I have picked up over the years, but given the cost of the hardware that they emulate, their software often has an immediate appeal, then ends up feeling weirdly disposable...
Their sub plan has just made their software seem even more throw away. People are selling their licenses en mass, for pittance.
It's hard to imagine that anyone subbing to access all of their plugins getting to grips with everything in it, hence not getting the benefits of the majority of it.
It's like 'kid in a candy shop' type of scenario and kind of wasteful, which is why I am not even tempted to sub.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Just found out that apparently it's only 32 bit...that really has pretty much killed it for me.....................
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by soapmak3r View Post
Blackhole is an awesome reverb. I'd recommend it, especially at that price.

On topic. I use some PA stuff that I have picked up over the years, but given the cost of the hardware that they emulate, their software often has an immediate appeal, then ends up feeling weirdly disposable...
Their sub plan has just made their software seem even more throw away. People are selling their licenses en mass, for pittance.
It's hard to imagine that anyone subbing to access all of their plugins getting to grips with everything in it, hence not getting the benefits of the majority of it.
It's like 'kid in a candy shop' type of scenario and kind of wasteful, which is why I am not even tempted to sub.
I'm tempted to grab the Eventide plugs. My only issue is that I know in the next Black Friday sale (though it's roughly a year away), $250 would get me the entire Anthology upgrade. If I spent $150-200 on more individual plugs, I don't think they'd all count toward an eventual upgrade.

But, I have enough of the others that with Blackhole, H3000factory, and the harmonizer, I may never need the whole bundle, so I may just buy these.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
****s, that's who, ****s.
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM WHO YOU THINK View Post
I'm tempted to grab the Eventide plugs. My only issue is that I know in the next Black Friday sale (though it's roughly a year away), $250 would get me the entire Anthology upgrade. If I spent $150-200 on more individual plugs, I don't think they'd all count toward an eventual upgrade.

But, I have enough of the others that with Blackhole, H3000factory, and the harmonizer, I may never need the whole bundle, so I may just buy these.
I have the anthology but had not yet gotten the SP2016 reverb. The crossgrade price was $99. The current sale is $79 so I almost bought it but first I checked the crossgrade price. It was $29 so I bought it.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Wilson View Post
****s, that's who, ****s.
Mind posting in words that won't get censored dude?
Elsewise what you write is bogus.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Guru
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattTheFurniture View Post
I have the anthology but had not yet gotten the SP2016 reverb. The crossgrade price was $99. The current sale is $79 so I almost bought it but first I checked the crossgrade price. It was $29 so I bought it.
One of the coolest tools ever...... Best reverb GUI ever......
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

i kinda go when there is a PA flash sale,
the flash sale price is 69$ but i cannot use my 50$ voucher,
because total basket has to be 75$ minimum.

PA, since i bought a l o t of your products.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Mind posting in words that won't get censored dude?
Elsewise what you write is bogus.
****k you.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
****k you.
There's no need to get nasty & rude dude. I merely asked that you post so it could be read here. Is that so much to ask for? Or are you pi$$ed someone called you out?
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
There's no need to get nasty & rude dude. I merely asked that you post so it could be read here. Is that so much to ask for? Or are you pi$$ed someone called you out?
I was only saying 'thank you'
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

I can get the Shadow Hill Mastering Compressor for $53.99 (~£40 in real English money coins) . . by using a couple of vouchers.

Is it worth getting for that price, I already have several thousand compressors ??
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
I was only saying 'thank you'
If that's what you really said (and I doubt that) why did it get censored? Just like your original post here. Don't need your 'tude dude.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
If that's what you really said (and I doubt that)
Damn, caught again, I actually said ****k you.

Quote:
why did it get censored?
It didn't . . . this might come as a suprise (which is something my 5th wife 'big Babs' told me on our wedding night) but you have been able to type asterisks on pretty much any keyboard since the 1970s !

L**k I'm d***g it r***t n*w !

Quote:
Just like your original post here. Don't need your 'tude dude.
The original was censored and it wasn't 'rude' and I didn't know it was going to get censored, meh ? Not sure what your issue is ?
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search