The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Who Uses Plugin Alliance?
Old 19th January 2020
  #7981
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardis View Post
My biggest problem is not paying a lot for plug ins since I have so many. Standouts from pia are VSM3 vsc2 Townhouse Refinement engl bassdude bx subsynth bac hg2 and g8.....

A lot I picked up on silly sales!....
Wondering others hit parades?!
My hit parade from pia is Townhouse, HG2, Metric AB, Refinement. Use those all the time.
Old 19th January 2020
  #7982
Lives for gear
 
musicman691's Avatar
My PA hit parade:
#1 is bx_meter - my go-to final metering on my 2 bus
#2 is SHMC Green - lives on my 2-bus
#3 is Purple MC77 - my new drum bus go-to
In no particular order:
for bass:
Bassdude
V4B
B15N
my mastering chain:
elysia alpha compressor
Dangerous Bax EQ

and on busses: Iron (which sometimes gets swapped out for Pulsar mu)

I have most everything else from PA that don't get used all that much but if you look at my PT sessions you'll find many of the above as they're my most used plugins. I tend to NOT use a lot of plugins on my sessions as I'm a fanatic for getting it right when recording without adding anything else.
Old 19th January 2020
  #7983
Lives for gear
 
musicman691's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkey Man View Post
Anyone know if the Eventide spring plugin will become part of the Anthology bundle at some point?
The question to ask is does Eventide have the same deal like PA's Mega Bundle where new plugins get added at no extra cost? I would think Spring will get added but not until a later Anthology bundle is announced.
Old 19th January 2020
  #7984
Gear Addict
 
tempsperdu's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
I would think Spring will get added but not until a later Anthology bundle is announced.
That does seem to be usual for them but don't they take into account what you've already got so I doubt anyone would save anything by waiting as opposed to grabbing Spring at the current offer.
Old 19th January 2020
  #7985
Gear Maniac
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
The question to ask is does Eventide have the same deal like PA's Mega Bundle where new plugins get added at no extra cost? I would think Spring will get added but not until a later Anthology bundle is announced.
No, Eventide doesn't work like PA. Eventide releases plugins and at some point they make a new Anthology Bundle. The upgrade takes into account what you already have bought (since the last bundle).

E.G: upgrade from X to XI was as low as $1 if you bought (nearly) all plugins that came out since X - or $700 if you bought none. Which was still cheaper than having all the new plugins bougth one by one at normal price.

Effectively, Anthology seems to be the convenience of having all plugins in one installer, rather than 23+ single installers and you can brag about having Anthology.

That mostly what it's about. Maybe there are some additional benefits involved, besides the 2 or 3 UREI EQ plugins that I have never seen on sale. But I am not aware of that, since I only upgraded to XI last Black Froday, getting 9 or so plugins I did not have for only $100 (normally $500).

if it's cheaper to wait or if you buy cheap right away with intro prices, is up to you. Either option has obvious pros and cons.

But with Anthology XII (which will still take a while) you have to pay for it at some point, if you want it or not

Last edited by dyscode; 19th January 2020 at 07:34 PM..
Old 20th January 2020
  #7986
Lives for gear
 
Monkey Man's Avatar
 

I gave up my Anthology X, 2016 Stereo Room, and Blackhole licenses to get the Anthology X -> XI upgrade for $69 US back in 2017.

The plate 'verb could be used this way as well I s'pose, but I'm broke so I'll just have to wait, hopefully a long time, for A12.

Anyone considering this approach should know that third-party plug-ins such as Elevate and EQuivocate don't count towards upgrade prices.

Thanks for the answers, guys.
Old 20th January 2020
  #7987
Gear Guru
Eventide is a very cool company and counted free gifts towards a discount for me. That was over and above.....

Also Elevate is an amazing value....
Old 20th January 2020
  #7988
Lives for gear
 
Monkey Man's Avatar
 

Agreed. Cool company.
Old 20th January 2020
  #7989
Here for the gear
I was a massive Slate plugins fan (still am), but Plugin Alliance has fast almost every need I have in a mix.
Faves:-
bx_console_n - Modern Neve Console
bx_townhouse_Buss Compressor
bx_XL_V2
Lindell 80 Series - Classic Neve Console
dear VR Pro
Metric AB
bx_refinement
Old 20th January 2020
  #7990
Lives for gear
 
musicman691's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ardis View Post
Eventide is a very cool company and counted free gifts towards a discount for me. That was over and above.....

Also Elevate is an amazing value....
Soundtoys does that as well. Both cool companies.
Old 20th January 2020
  #7991
Gear Maniac
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
Soundtoys does that as well. Both cool companies.
They basically originate from the same dev team inventing the H3000 back in 1986.
Old 20th January 2020
  #7992
Lives for gear
 
Pali's Avatar
 

What about DSM V3? I’ve got a code to get it for $50.
Old 20th January 2020
  #7993
trg
Gear Maniac
There's a thread on GS about DSM:
Plugin Alliance: ProAudioDSP DSM V3
People are praising it. I've had V2 and now V3 for a while, but am too amateur to have used it much or say much about it. $50 seems a steal for what it can do. However, there seem to have come up some alternatives recently.
Old 20th January 2020
  #7994
Gear Maniac
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pali View Post
What about DSM V3? I’ve got a code to get it for $50.
I can only recommend it! It's so versatile and detailed.
Old 20th January 2020
  #7995
Lives for gear
 
Chevron's Avatar
 

What's the deal with this new Shadow Hills Compressor vs the older version?
Old 20th January 2020
  #7996
trg
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevron View Post
What's the deal with this new Shadow Hills Compressor vs the older version?
One has red lights, the other green.
Old 20th January 2020
  #7997
Lives for gear
 
Chevron's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by trg View Post
One has red lights, the other green.
Damn, I want them red lights
Old 20th January 2020
  #7998
Gear Addict
 
Volt9's Avatar
I used the green on almost every song. I think the red works even better and now I use the red on almost every song.

It is a bit snappier and sound a bit richer in my opinion. Also the brainworx extra’s are a nice bonus.
Old 20th January 2020
  #7999
Lives for gear
 
JulenJVM's Avatar
Hmmm...ProAudioDSP DSM V3 for $25 with the loyalty voucher...time to cash in on PlA poker, it won´t get much cheaper than that
Old 20th January 2020
  #8000
Lives for gear
 
TonStrom's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by JulenJVM View Post
Hmmm...ProAudioDSP DSM V3 for $25 with the loyalty voucher...time to cash in on PlA poker, it won´t get much cheaper than that

i got DSM v2, but cannot use my 50USD voucher to upgrade it to V3

PA got some great plugins but their pricing policy
Old 20th January 2020
  #8001
Here for the gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonStrom View Post
i got DSM v2, but cannot use my 50USD voucher to upgrade it to V3
Wait, really? Why not?
I don’t remember any restrictions on how I’ve spent my vouchers..
Old 20th January 2020
  #8002
Lives for gear
 
TonStrom's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pluginbug View Post
Wait, really? Why not?
I don’t remember any restrictions on how I’ve spent my vouchers..
The upgrade to v3 would be about 59USD incl vat

if i try to use my 50USD voucher it says, the cart has to be more than 75USD

and i own quite a lot PA ... not nice ...
Old 20th January 2020
  #8003
Gear Maniac
 
Constant_K's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonStrom View Post
The upgrade to v3 would be about 59USD incl vat

if i try to use my 50USD voucher it says, the cart has to be more than 75USD

and i own quite a lot PA ... not nice ...
Some of the Lindell and UA stuff is $29: add it to your cart to get the DSM for $30 after you've applied the voucher.
Old 20th January 2020
  #8004
Here for the gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonStrom View Post
The upgrade to v3 would be about 59USD incl vat
if i try to use my 50USD voucher it says, the cart has to be more than 75USD
and i own quite a lot PA ... not nice ...
Ahh ok.... I forgot about the new minimum purchase requirements. You can’t just add a $29 plugin you also want (or watch for a Flash Sale this month for one) & pay the difference for that?

I know “just buy more” isn’t a solution for trying to pay less but if there are plenty of PA plugins you’d love-to-have....spending a little each month (& watching flash sales like hawk) will at least keep the vouchers coming.
Old 20th January 2020
  #8005
Lives for gear
 
Pali's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonStrom View Post
The upgrade to v3 would be about 59USD incl vat

if i try to use my 50USD voucher it says, the cart has to be more than 75USD

and i own quite a lot PA ... not nice ...
What happens if you use Subscription Bundles (the lower-priced ones) to get up to 75usd? Can you do that?
Old 20th January 2020
  #8006
Lives for gear
 
TonStrom's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pali View Post
What happens if you use Subscription Bundles (the lower-priced ones) to get up to 75usd? Can you do that?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Constant_K View Post
Some of the Lindell and UA stuff is $29: add it to your cart to get the DSM for $30 after you've applied the voucher.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pluginbug View Post
Ahh ok.... I forgot about the new minimum purchase requirements. You can’t just add a $29 plugin you also want (or watch for a Flash Sale this month for one) & pay the difference for that?
I know “just buy more” isn’t a solution for trying to pay less but if there are plenty of PA plugins you’d love-to-have....spending a little each month (& watching flash sales like hawk) will at least keep the vouchers coming.

I just counted, i got 49 PA plugins ( i know...), so

- a subscription makes no sense to me
- the only interesting plugin for me would be the latest Mastering Comp
(which at the moment is "beyond my budget")


since i got so many, it's why i am not really happy that my loyality vouchers got "downgraded", that i have to pay to upgrade DSM from V2 to V3 and - since i have to pay 49USD for it - that i cannot use my 50USD voucher for it.
Old 21st January 2020
  #8007
Lives for gear
 
Monkey Man's Avatar
 

You raise an interesting point, mate.

I reckon it'd be fair to base one's loyalty-discount level on how many plugins one owns, and not to require constant requalification.
Old 21st January 2020
  #8008
Lives for gear
 
Sleazy_Rider's Avatar
 

http://www.acustica-audio.com/store/

78% offf El Ray
Old 21st January 2020
  #8009
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleazy_Rider View Post
Is that the discount or the CPU spike?
Old 21st January 2020
  #8010
trg
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by Local Man View Post
Is that the discount or the CPU spike?
Topic:
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Forum Jump
Forum Jump