The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Who Uses Plugin Alliance? Dynamics Plugins
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkey Man View Post
For now 'though, it's a matter of figuring out whether the elysia's flavour is something that'll compliment everything else I've got, or if it's just plain worth it, and doing so before the one-day sale is up.

Thank you, Schmeete.
right sorry i was mixing up your previous post where you mentioned how much you wanted MetricAB. I have Karakter, it has some good mid to lo weight to it before getting flabby. But you have the VSM3 right? That’s a step above IMHO
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by schmeete View Post
i’m not 100% sure, but i don’t think you can use your survey and monthly voucher at the same time. at least when i tried a test buy in my cart, the survey voucher kicked out my monthly. MetricAB is a must IMHO. as long as you have MagicAB or something similar, i’m sure you’re gonna be ok until the next MetricAB sale
For which plugin did you try this - the Karacter?

If I understand you right you put the monthly voucher in first and then the survey voucher? Keep in mind that the survey voucher must be used on a plugin that is $59 or more. Try this sequence if you still have the vouchers available - first use the survey voucher and then the monthly.

For me I'm going to wait and see what price BYOME comes up as in a few days.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict
yes also waiting for BYOME. will try again then, thanks
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Thanks schmeete.

Too late. I caved. $44 with the 24-hour and survey vouchers, and I at least have the monthly for later on.

I agree, not even having heard this thing, that VSM-3 should in theory smoke it. Still, it's another "classy" flavour of saturation, and I'm all for having as many as possible within reason.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict
Quote:
Thanks schmeete.

Too late. I caved. $44 with the 24-hour and survey vouchers, and I at least have the monthly for later on.

I agree, not even having heard this thing, that VSM-3 should in theory smoke it. Still, it's another "classy" flavour of saturation, and I'm all for having as many as possible within reason.
knock yourself out bro!
muse alpha nvelope expressor.... all amazing software
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Thanks for the reassurance, mate.

I'm sure there's at least a little bit of GAS involved, but figured I'd want to pick it up eventually, so I might as well take advantage of the discount.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict
I listened to the demo for the karacter plug and liked the fizz with the drive dimed so I picked it up but didn't use my voucher as I'm hoping for the neve channel emu to go up. I already have two different A/B plugs I'm pretty happy with so didn't bother with that even though it looks kewl.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by 64gtoboy View Post
I listened to the demo for the karacter plug and liked the fizz with the drive dimed so I picked it up but didn't use my voucher as I'm hoping for the neve channel emu to go up. I already have two different A/B plugs I'm pretty happy with so didn't bother with that even though it looks kewl.
I haven’t really tried this on drums or bass yet. I must give it a go.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by schmeete View Post
yes also waiting for BYOME. will try again then, thanks
Same here. What sucks is not knowing the price for BYOME. Historically unfiltered audio's plugins aren't super expensive like some of the other plugins at PIA but I'm thinking this one might come in on the high side like $199US with an introductory price of $119US. I have no foreknowledge of the pricing just a WAG.

Problem becomes what if something else I want comes up before the release? NSEQ has been on my short list for a while now, more so than MegaDual which I've also yearned for.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Well I spent a few hours with the demo of BYOME and sadly it's one of those unfiltered audio plugins that just doesn't do anything for me. Some of the stuff that is supposed to be from the same algorithms as their other plugs make it feel like a 'lite' version of the original plugs. The missing features of the originals is not a joy to behold. Would love to have the ability to bring in the originals in the chain.

You know what else would be nice to have is something that HOFA does with their System 1 and that is the ability to loop back from one module to another in a controlled feedback loop.

Another thing that is a disappointment is there are no presets for the individual modules as far as I can find. You can create & save your own modules presets but there aren't any from the developer themselves. Sure there are plenty of overall presets.

I'll work with it a bit more and hopefully Ill find something that makes me want to buy it besides a cheap price.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

SPL PASSEQ just went on sale:

RRP $249, sale $129, $69 with 24-hour voucher.

Tempting to spend my monthly voucher on this 'cause I'd get it "for free", but then, it's only the 10th of the month...
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:

Tempting to spend my monthly voucher on this 'cause I'd get it "for free", but then, it's only the 10th of the month...
It's a really good eq; got it as a combo with the Museq eq sometime back. The deal I got was such that with the 'dynamic' discount and both being on sale at the same time I actually got them both for less money than if I had just purchased either one separately. It truly is a Pultec style eq on steroids with mid/side thrown in to boot.

I didn't get an email with a 24 hour voucher but then I didn't need it either. The last daily voucher I got was for the Maaq EQ4. As mentioned I'm demoing the BYOME and my jury is still out on that even after a couple of days mucking about with it. Would love to see if the NSEQ goes on sale.

BTW Nicky please accept my condolences on your side coming up short in the Grand Final but hey at least they made it that far and that's good. And a darn bit better than my poor old Blues - yet another wooden spoon.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:

Me too, honestly this one is very hard to turn down. Im waiting for the Bx_XL V2 to go on sale but this might be too good to pass up.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

You talkin' ta me, Deuc... you talkin' ta me?

Guess you are, bud. I'm waiting for bx_digital v3 (I think that's what it's called), and a few others I can't think of right now, and being only 1/3 the way through the month, this makes it tough.

Um... er... what to do?!
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
You talkin' ta me, Deuc... you talkin' ta me?

Guess you are, bud. I'm waiting for bx_digital v3 (I think that's what it's called), and a few others I can't think of right now, and being only 1/3 the way through the month, this makes it tough.

Um... er... what to do?!
The hardest part is this whole time being a PA plugin buyer ive never seen this one go on sale, whereas ive seen most of the other stuff go on sale a few times.

and wait for the V3, its a very good EQ.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

I think I've seen it on sale tone before Deuc, but as you suggest, not often.

Yeah, I'm definitely up for the V3, but seeing as this one's on sale so-rarely, I dunno...
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict
Quote:

Both Passeq and the museq are great and that's a great price. I think I paid 79 for it last year sometime.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Nut

Quote:

Yeah, I'm definitely up for the V3,
V3 was last on sale in early June so I don't think it's likely it'll be back this month.

I strongly suggest you be ready when it does go on sale though; grab it! (No not there! )

There simply is nothing like it.

Holding on to my vouchers for now, I have more than enough 'character' EQ's.

T
Old 1 week ago
PA have a lot of nice to haves and a few must haves....digital v3, dyneq v2, acme opticom are the ones. Possibly also the vsm-3, haven't owned it long enough to be certain. Those are the ones worth saving vouchers for imo

Edit: haven't tried vsc-2
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

God ive been waiting for this one too!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

The $129 price (excluding any other vouchers you might have) only lasted 24 hours, Deuc.

Sorry if the Passeq is the plug you were waiting for, 'cause unless I'm mistaken, you've just missed out, bro'.

EDIT:
If it's V3 you're talking about, well yeah, you and me both, bro'.
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

SPL TwinTube on flash sale for 24 hours @ $49 with voucher.

Any thoughts on this one?
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

Add me to the V3 list...

R.
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:

I have a mix engineer that uses it lots and lots. Don't have any experience myself though...

R.
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

Thanks man. Appreciate it.
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
The $129 price (excluding any other vouchers you might have) only lasted 24 hours, Deuc.

Sorry if the Passeq is the plug you were waiting for, 'cause unless I'm mistaken, you've just missed out, bro'.

EDIT:
If it's V3 you're talking about, well yeah, you and me both, bro'.
Naw I have the V3, im talking about the stereo maker. I had to get that one. i had something going on last week that i thought i needed a chorus plugin without the effect but this is exactly what i needed. Now its the XL V2 and i think thats a wrap.
Old 4 days ago
Gear Addict
Stereo maker?
Old 4 days ago
adl
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 64gtoboy View Post
Stereo maker?
This one:
https://www.plugin-alliance.com/en/p...ereomaker.html
Old 4 days ago
Gear Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by adl View Post
Oh yeah I have that and completely forgot about it.
Old 4 days ago
Quote:

it's very good, especially the harmonic enhancement. The saturation is quite nice too. One of those "bettermaker" plugins...not essential in my book, but definitely very nice!
Mentioned Products
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search