The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Who Uses Plugin Alliance?
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

I see Masterdesk just went on sale. Would this be a worthwhile purchase if I already have IK's ONE?
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by PointOfDeparture View Post
I see Masterdesk just went on sale. Would this be a worthwhile purchase if I already have IK's ONE?
Sure it could be.

Long story short, get some good tools and learn how to use them well. Outside of that every plugin has a unique flavor so there is no “best” only taste at a certain point.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
To put it in perspective I am curious about Masterdesk as well, however I have TDR Limiter 6 which I love and gets me good results so I’m not sure if I “need” it in any way. However, I’m interested in demoing it just to see what the flavor is.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Ive always wanted this one, getting it now.

Just really surprised witht he hard stance they took and now these sales are pretty consistent. Just grabbed the metricAB also cuz that is a really nice tool.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by deuc647 View Post
Just really surprised witht he hard stance they took and now these sales are pretty consistent.
I'm not.

Last edited by MustacheVerra; 3 weeks ago at 11:50 PM..
Old 3 weeks ago
what's with those 2 fixed frequency notches on masterdesk?
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
They're supposed to work in every daw, even DP. I know it did when I demoed it when it came out. I dropped it for other reasons mostly based on heartburn I had with certain features.
Thanks for confirming, Jack; that's what I thought about PA plugs.

Also, I remember your having issues related to controller assignments' sticking, IIRC, but as you say, apart from the issues you posted about, it still worked "normally" for all intents and purposes.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Klimek View Post
what's with those 2 fixed frequency notches on masterdesk?
I think they are a few general purpose ones for cleaning mud
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomotomoto View Post
I think they are a few general purpose ones for cleaning mud
Yup. 160 almost always works.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karloff70 View Post
Yup. 160 almost always works.
Personally I just like to sweep for it, but I can see how this could be useful for suggestions
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomotomoto View Post
Personally I just like to sweep for it, but I can see how this could be useful for suggestions
Me too, but ask any older mastering guy how often pulling 160 works.....for whatever reason.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

One amazing deal right now is Red Room Audio Palette - Symphonic Sketchpad at Audio Plugin Deals. Much better values than those wave instruments if you ask me.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Head

Anyone has Masterdesk and can share his thoughts? I’m interested and could get it at 35$ with my voucher.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustacheVerra View Post
One amazing deal right now is Red Room Audio Palette - Symphonic Sketchpad at Audio Plugin Deals. Much better values than those wave instruments if you ask me.
mmmnn $99 with 11 days still to go..........................
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan99 View Post
Anyone has Masterdesk and can share his thoughts? I’m interested and could get it at 35$ with my voucher.
There are two threads on it right now if you look at the PA and the UAD ones.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
For that price it's a no-brainer. I kind of liked it, when I trialed it. Definitely has an "high-end analogue quality" to it.
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
It's a nice and quite useful plugin with hidden automatic features, f.i. it's checking your low end: If your mix has too much of it it will detect and correct this. Same with treble, but there you got a dedicated De-Esser control as well. The GUI can be sluggish sometimes (PT10HD here) but that might be a 32bit problem.

If you want to dial deeper into mastering - with Iron, Shadowhill, Waves L3 Multi or Weiss DS1 (to cover only the dynamics part of the job) you will get higher perceived loudness with less artifacts but it will take longer.

All in all a hassle-free analouge-sounding tool - if you are in a hurry.
Old 3 weeks ago
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by tempsperdu View Post
I wonder how it compares with VUMT and VUMT deluxe?
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by tempsperdu View Post
One thing I always appreciate about PSP besides their plugin functionality and great sound (and I hope it continues) is that they don't use a bunch of other companies to send marketing emails that track all your clicks and movements around the 'net.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustacheVerra View Post
I wonder how it compares with VUMT and VUMT deluxe?
https://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=432076
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
One thing I always appreciate about PSP besides their plugin functionality and great sound (and I hope it continues) is that they don't use a bunch of other companies to send marketing emails that track all your clicks and movements around the 'net.
Use a VPN.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Interesting info but too nerdy for me today. Seem like VUMT deluxe will be enough for me. That is if i ever need it. Plus it's always cheap so.. For now I've downloaded the Free VST By Sleepy-Time DSP mentioned in that link. Cheers.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

70% off at www.noiseash.com again, the nice Pultec for $29
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkR View Post
And for some the best.............................
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

What was the issue people had with Amplitube?

Trying to get a demo of an IK synth and after downloading/installing Syntronik it tells me it can't find the Sample Tank 3* sound library, and I'm thinking why the hell do I have to download some sampled pianos to demo a synth that's supposed to be a different product... is amplitube a nightmare too?
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkR View Post
That's been going for a while now.

In my opinion, the one to grab is the Heritage Pro, for $49

You get the filters and the extra mid band. It almost becomes a mastering EQ with all the extra modules added up.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyxx View Post

You get the filters and the extra mid band. It almost becomes a mastering EQ with all the extra modules added up.
Word. That's a terrific deal.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyxx View Post

It was the Summer Sale before when I grabbed the Heritage Pro, maybe they're just perpetually on sale and will just move through the seasons.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

PA Elysia Alpha Compressor $49.99 today

Code : ALPHA-49
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search