The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Who Uses Plugin Alliance?
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Addict

I must say I really like that the intro price for heavy hitters is back! In this case for Lion.

Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Addict

you really have to love this threat!!

Welcome back to the old!

Let the games begin!
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volt9 View Post
I must say I really like that the intro price for heavy hitters is back! In this case for Lion.

Do you know if we can use our monthly-loyalty vouchers on it, mate?
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

OK... just tried it, and the answer is "yes we can".
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkey Man View Post
OK... just tried it, and the answer is "yes we can".
Right then Lion here we come.............................
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Indeed!
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Addict

MMNNN not a happy bunny. I got no presets whatsover and the delay was supposedly due to not getting NKS authorised from NI but it has no NKS...................
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Not available on the PA Presets page yet either.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by tempsperdu View Post
MMNNN not a happy bunny. I got no presets whatsover and the delay was supposedly due to not getting NKS authorised from NI but it has no NKS...................
Now I'm not member over at KVR but on that thread there's been mention of several problems that are happening with the initial download from PA one of which is no presets for some. I downloaded the demo 2 days ago and I have presets. I know that there's been a couple of unfiltered audio's plugins that put the presets in the wrong place on a Mac. There's also been mentioned a couple of working issues with Lion that Hetrick is surprised made it into the release version. That thread is here: https://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewt...5585&start=510 The issues mentioned are a few pages back as the link takes you to page 35 of said thread.

The voucher code for Lion is: LION-99-INTRO-D7RR

I'm staying away because of an issue in not being able to control the output level in the usual way of a MIDI volume pedal set for cc7 messages. unfiltered's system since they went to macros doesn't respond to MIDI messages anymore. And Pro Tools won't reroute MIDI messages to a macro; Lion's macro controls will react to MIDI messages in PT but there's no way to have that respond to cc7. I have a support ticket in with PA on this.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Addict

what the hell was I thinking using my voucher on Digital V3

Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Ahh... PA Poker™.

Tried to search the package manually and also extract using Pacifist but couldn't find or see a preset folder.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Ahh... PA Poker™.

Tried to search the package manually and also extract using Pacifist but couldn't find or see a preset folder.
I found a preset folder in the Lion folder in the Steinberg folder but nothing would load as they just appeared to be previews. I'm very surprised at the lack of NKS or talk about it.
When I get back home I'll try installing the demo to see if that loads the presets.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
Now I'm not member over at KVR but on that thread there's been mention of several problems that are happening with the initial download from PA one of which is no presets for some. I downloaded the demo 2 days ago and I have presets. I know that there's been a couple of unfiltered audio's plugins that put the presets in the wrong place on a Mac. There's also been mentioned a couple of working issues with Lion that Hetrick is surprised made it into the release version. That thread is here: https://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewt...5585&start=510 The issues mentioned are a few pages back as the link takes you to page 35 of said thread.
I saw the thread earlier, there do seem to be quite a few issues needing fixing asap so I guess there will be a new download before very long.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Addict

OK tried loading the demo and now I not only have NKS but also the presets although I can load the presets from either KK or Maschine Controllers but not from Lion itself...very weird.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by tempsperdu View Post
OK tried loading the demo and now I not only have NKS but also the presets although I can load the presets from either KK or Maschine Controllers but not from Lion itself...very weird.
I don't have anything NKS but can load presets from within Lion,either by the forwards/backwards arrows or the preset menu from within Lion.

Here's something to try IF you have any other unfiltered audio plugins. Go to one of the other plugins and create a preset. Go to save that preset and see where it wants to be saved by default. If you see what are the factory presets from that plugin you should be able to work out within Finder where the factory Lion presets are/ A little convoluted but it may work. I just got back from doing food shopping and will go to my recording space, boot-up and see what's where art least for OSX. Windows I can't help with.

edit for additional:
Did some sleuthing on my system which is OSX 10.13.6. I actually have two boot partitions one is named 'unnamed' and the other is High Sierra Beethoven. Here's the path to the factory presets folder on my system and adjust for your own system:
High Sierra Beethoven
Users
Beethoven
Library
Audio
Presets
Plugin Alliance
Unfiltered Audio Lion and in this folder there are 9 subfolders:
Intro To Lion
Pads
Bass
Leads
Keys and Acoustic
Arps and Sequences
fx and Atmospheric
Drums
Artist and in this folder there are a number of subfolders for the artists

Last edited by musicman691; 3 weeks ago at 06:06 PM.. Reason: added path for factory presets
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Do I buy this...hmmmmm
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Anyone actually try Lion yet?
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomotomoto View Post
Yes and there are issues. The sound is okay but what good is a synth if you can't easily control the volume you play at? Most softsynths make use of MIDI cc7 and that cant' be done in Lion. Lacking that it's difficult to make an evaluation as everything is loud.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomotomoto View Post
No issues with volume over here! So not all have problems ;-)

I like it, it give unusual results and that is good because we all have softsynths already. And the byome fx is a nice bonus.
Old 3 weeks ago
trg
Gear Nut
Yeah, musicmans volume issue isn't my workflow either, so I'm liking it after trying out presets for half an hour.. Seems versatile so far, and the sound goes from spectacular to average, but that's probably taste as well.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volt9 View Post
No issues with volume over here! So not all have problems ;-)

I like it, it give unusual results and that is good because we all have softsynths already. And the byome fx is a nice bonus.
So how are you controlling the volume then if not from a MIDI connected pedal which is the way every other softsynth works. Having to do it by hand isn't the way to work. Remember I'm working in Pro Tools so it needs to work there. I don't want to have to automate the level afterwards as that's backwards and doesn't make for good playing or even auditioning presets.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleazy_Rider View Post
Do I buy this...hmmmmm
No, it's higher than your usual price on your spending frenzy.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Don't really think Lion sounds all that good.

Same way I feel about all of the Unfiltered stuff, each component sounds really generic and any unique sound is a product of wild complexity because of the number of modules available, and once you're at that point it doesn't sound that good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
So how are you controlling the volume then if not from a MIDI connected pedal which is the way every other softsynth works. Having to do it by hand isn't the way to work. Remember I'm working in Pro Tools so it needs to work there. I don't want to have to automate the level afterwards as that's backwards and doesn't make for good playing or even auditioning presets.
Doesn't seem to be mod wheel control, or aftertouch, but I guess this isn't aimed at expressive synth playing.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan99 View Post
No, it's higher than your usual price on your spending frenzy.
$24 with my voucher
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Personally I like their stuff. BYOM/Triad.

I want Lion but I can't afford it even with the discount. I can think of other things for 100 that I'd rather have. I really wish I could punch the idiot that used the voucher on Digital V3 because I'd have grabbed Lion immediately right now.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkR View Post
Don't really think Lion sounds all that good.

Same way I feel about all of the Unfiltered stuff, each component sounds really generic and any unique sound is a product of wild complexity because of the number of modules available, and once you're at that point it doesn't sound that good.
Totally agree with this.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

The easiest way to keep up with UA's beta releases is here:

https://www.unfilteredaudio.com/pages/beta

"Because of the extreme testing that is required by Plugin Alliance for all releases, sometimes they are unable to push out the latest builds. This page has links to anything that has been fixed internally but not yet released through the PA Installation Manager."
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Guru

You multi FX peeps should try Exponential Audio Excalibur it's pretty special and underrated.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Soundtoys PhaseMistress $29 (75% off) at AudioDeluxe:

https://www.audiodeluxe.com/products...eid=700b492108

You could try adding the coupon SUMMER2019 and see if that gets you an additional 15% off.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Head

Quote:
Soundtoys PhaseMistress $29 (75% off) at AudioDeluxe:

https://www.audiodeluxe.com/products...eid=700b492108

You could try adding the coupon SUMMER2019 and see if that gets you an additional 15% off.
It gets applied automatically
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search