The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Who Uses Plugin Alliance?
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by PettyCash View Post

If there is something for you worth owning at that price point, this deal is a very good one to consider.

The Tape plug-ins alone make the entire deal worth buying into.
I got the tape plugins ..I was looking at maybe getting Amplitude or T-RackS then stocking up on the upper tier Comp/Limiters.
If I got either could I use the deal to get the other free?
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
With the subscription model, they have the opportunity to sell people the same plug-ins each and every year. Getting that $250 per year per customer is more valuable to them in the long run than a bunch of impulse buyers that bought a few plug-ins on sale, even if the entirety of the money they end up spending for the year is more than $250, because they can only sell all of that content to them once. In the long run it becomes less lucrative for them as it potentially leaves more money on the table, and they probably only need to convert a fraction of those impulse buyers in order for the subscription direction to be considered a success on their end.
Sort of but I spent over the equivalent of 3 years subscription this year alone with the flash sales though I won't be spending a penny on subscription..............
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by tempsperdu View Post
I got the tape plugins ..I was looking at maybe getting Amplitude or T-RackS then stocking up on the upper tier Comp/Limiters.
If I got either could I use the deal to get the other free?
Yes
Old 1 week ago
Quote:
With the subscription model, they have the opportunity to sell people the same plug-ins each and every year. Getting that $250 per year per customer is more valuable to them in the long run than a bunch of impulse buyers that bought a few plug-ins on sale, even if the entirety of the money they end up spending for the year is more than $250, because they can only sell all of that content to them once. In the long run it becomes less lucrative for them as it potentially leaves more money on the table, and they probably only need to convert a fraction of those impulse buyers in order for the subscription direction to be considered a success on their end.
I get the value of the subscription, I just don't think they'd lose out if they also ran good sales. They'd catch both types of buyers.

... and hopefully they would release enough new stuff that it'd be worth buying $250 each year
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleazy_Rider View Post
Yes
LOL looking through it looks like the basic Amplitude 4 really isn't much use and anyone would be better off waiting till black Friday when they usually have 50% off. (I'd get Max for the same price as Deluxe anyways because I got qualifying crossgrade products).
T-Racks5 on the other hand looks alike it's worth having, shame I got 2 of the included already but looks like it might be something to go for.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
LOL looking through it looks like the basic Amplitude 4 really isn't much use and anyone would be better off waiting till black Friday when they usually have 50% off. (I'd get Max for the same price as Deluxe anyways because I got qualifying crossgrade products).
T-Racks5 on the other hand looks alike it's worth having, shame I got 2 of the included already but looks like it might be something to go for.
I bought T Racks 5 for $125.99 to hit the $149 tier....as I got a great deal last year on a Amplitube Max Crossgrade...

Fender collection was included with Amplitube Max...But I bought it again for $49 to grab 8 x $99 plugins....

and then the staurator X for 29 bucks.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
...as I got a great deal last year on a Amplitube Max Crossgrade...
Lol I very nearly bought Total Studio Max as a crossgrade last Black Friday period but decided it would be a bit OTT of me... now I'm not totally sure it was the right decision

BTW How do the PIA Ampegs compare to the IKM's?
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

59 more Participants to get to 9 free products.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Lol I very nearly bought Total Studio Max as a crossgrade last Black Friday period but decided it would be a bit OTT of me... now I'm not totally sure it was the right decision

BTW How do the PIA Ampegs compare to the IKM's?
The IK's are good, IMHO the PA's are a bit better.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Audio Deluxe couldn't process my payment for some reason so missed out on the Eventide SP2016 but I'm sure it'll be on sale again.

Guess I'll grab the Fender Collection now. How do their amp sims compare to PA? What are the stand out plugs in the $99 range?
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

In my humble opinion and according to the tests and research I did, I preferred to opt for these plugins:

1. T-RackS Mic Room
2. Ampeg SVX 2 (Very good amp amp for bass)
All tape machines are very good:
3. Tape Machine 99
4. Tape Machine 80
5. Tape Machine 440
6. Tape Machine 24
7. Master Match (It seems quite useful to try to match the mixes with our favorite references)
8. AmpliTube Jimi Hendrix Anniversary (very versatile sound, suitable for different musical styles)

I did not opt ​​for compressors and equalizers because I think they can be improved in other brands, and I already have several). I also wanted Brian May's amp sim but I preferred Jimmy Hendrix's.
Old 6 days ago
Gear Maniac

The tape machines were what convinced me to get the Fender Collection
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

Yea unless you have something similar, Master Match can be useful for sure. but keep in mind that it's part of the T-Racks 5 bundle. So if you later decide you want to be able to resize your plugin you'll end up buying it again.
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

TR5 has so much, that it should probably be on everybody's list unless you already have it.
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

9 free products tier reached...just checked got a 149.99 choice, 79.99 choice and 99 choice...

Will probably get fender collection 2 for free...not sure on the others...
Old 6 days ago
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolArt Music View Post
I want to thank you for the suggestion to take advantage of the IK promo. I'm crazy. I went to JRR I bought Fender Collection 1 and now I can choose plugins of 99 dollars or less. Now what I need are suggestions, which plugins should I choose? I really threw myself into the pool but I don't know the IK plugins ...
You can try individual componants of collections in your Custom Shop, like the custom Roland jazz amp from DimeBagDarrel collection, or the Hendrix collection wah pedal etc, 20 days left, so test well.
Some collections, EQ, mastering tools, and a reverb, will bring you lots of productivity. Fulltone collection for a bundle of distortion, chorus, and delay pedals/racks
Cheers
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

Is it true Mic Room is included in Amplitube? Cause I'm about to add it to my collection and i know I'll get Amplitude later so...
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

JRR said the Fender Collection wasn't available in my country, just had to use a US address to get around that.

Definitely going to get the 4 tape machines, might be boring and get compressors, I don't have an 1176, or a Fairchild, I have bx_opto but not a LA2A.
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
In my humble opinion and according to the tests and research I did, I preferred to opt for these plugins:

1. T-RackS Mic Room
2. Ampeg SVX 2 (Very good amp amp for bass)
All tape machines are very good:
3. Tape Machine 99
4. Tape Machine 80
5. Tape Machine 440
6. Tape Machine 24
7. Master Match (It seems quite useful to try to match the mixes with our favorite references)
8. AmpliTube Jimi Hendrix Anniversary (very versatile sound, suitable for different musical styles)

I did not opt ​​for compressors and equalizers because I think they can be improved in other brands, and I already have several). I also wanted Brian May's amp sim but I preferred Jimmy Hendrix's.
Did you prefer Ampeg SVX 2 to 1?
The latter seems much more versatile.
Old 6 days ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustacheVerra View Post
Is it true Mic Room is included in Amplitube? Cause I'm about to add it to my collection and i know I'll get Amplitude later so...
There's a bunch of mic choices in Amplitube, but you've got to go through all the other options (plus the routing) within the plugin to get to 'em. Mic Room is the more efficient path if mic modeling tech is all you want, although you could probably save a preset sans all the amps and room models to get something similar.
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by PointOfDeparture View Post
There's a bunch of mic choices in Amplitube, but you've got to go through all the other options (plus the routing) within the plugin to get to 'em. Mic Room is the more efficient path if mic modeling tech is all you want, although you could probably save a preset sans all the amps and room models to get something similar.
That's what i figured later on. It's probably best to pic it up for convenience sake and i did. Thanks for confirming that.
Old 6 days ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleer View Post
Did you prefer Ampeg SVX 2 to 1?
The latter seems much more versatile.
The truth is I didn't try the Ampeg 1. That's why I chose 2 because I tried it and I liked it immediately.
Old 6 days ago
I've been out of this thread for a minute and it seems it's now an IKM thread? Have PA stopped making new plugins?
Old 6 days ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by thermal View Post
I've been out of this thread for a minute and it seems it's now an IKM thread? Have PA stopped making new plugins?
Nah..they just stopped being able to sell them

Perhaps a new thread should be started called Any Good Deals ATM?
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:

Obviously your choices reflect what you need and are interested in, but I'd just say I think IK's 1176 and LA2A plug-ins are really good. I think they were practically ( or actually ) given away in the past, but it doesn't change the fact they sound really good.

If I were to pick 10 of the best €99 plug-ins from IKM the 1176 and the LA2A would be at or very near the top of that list. For dynamic control of vocals, drums, bass, whatever, those two regularly sound better than anything else I have. Wouldn't be without them.

As far as EQ goes, my goto is Fabfilter ProQ3, but when I need something less intricate and with some colour, it's the IKM Neve Eqs I go for. Unfortunately they're a bit more than €99.

Just my tuppence.

By the way, following on from my previous posts in this thread, I got my wife's sister ( who's American ) to buy the Fender collection from JRR shop for me. Sort of early Christmas gift. Not sure that's strictly within the EULA, but let's hope IK are not reading this... doh ! Still it's wet my appetite and I'm on the verge of buying one of the €149 tier plug-in now to round out my collection so I think it worked out alright for them in the long run.
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Nah..they just stopped being able to sell them

Perhaps a new thread should be started called Any Good Deals ATM?
I did then the Mods closed it as they said there was already a deals thread albeit not one you can comment in...

go figure...
Old 6 days ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
I did then the Mods closed it as they said there was already a deals thread albeit not one you can comment in...

go figure...
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

This was always just the sales and deals thread, let's be honest now it's the secret discussion thread for sales and deals.
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by allstar View Post
By the way, following on from my previous posts in this thread, I got my wife's sister ( who's American ) to buy the Fender collection from JRR shop for me. Sort of early Christmas gift
You just need a US billing address, it's not done on IP or anything, it's just for tax.
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by allstar View Post
but I'd just say I think IK's 1176 and LA2A plug-ins are really good. I think they were practically ( or actually ) given away in the past, but it doesn't change the fact they sound really good.
Agreed. Just tested all the IK plugs I got in the Group Buy (except amp sims yet) and am pleased enough with all of them. Maybe the Pultec is redundant for me, I have the Noise Ash and Tube Tech and I think I prefer those slightly but its still a good plugin.

The 1176 and LA2A though are great. Simple, and sound great to me, very glad to have added these into the fray. I want to compare them to Black Rooster now.

IK White2A is not like bx_Opto to me. bx_Opto has more controls and flexibility, and is way more clean, and the grab is different, more transparent/faster. I do love bx_Opto, and Opticom, although the GUI is wearing on me, been having dumb issues with clicking the knobs not working so more difficult than it needs to be.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search