Just received an email from KVR:

"August is Guitar Month at KVR"

Kuassa Caliburn $34
Kuassa Creme $19
Kuassa Matchlock $34
Kuassa Vermilion $19
Kuassa One $24
Kuassa Cerberus Bass $24

All are sub-$50 RRP, FWIMBW. To my little mind, these prices are reasonable and what one would expect in the guitar / bass-amp-sim market.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkey Man View Post
I was joking, Zed, hence the laughing emoji.
Hey it's gearslutz. You never can be too sure
Cheers.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Indeed, mate.

The "element of truth" in my joke was of course my implied reference to the cool reception the campaign has received here and elsewhere. On the surface of it it wouldn't seem like something a well-researched team might've come up with.

As you said 'though, one needs to give these things time to take hold. Whether or not the strategy "forces" enough people to switch to the subscription to match the revenue the company received previously when running its frequent sales remains to be seen. I've said all along that I'm sceptical as to whether or not this will serve as an adequate substitution, and I still am.

Gonna hang in here at watch it play out.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

"We have released 12 new plugins in the past 6 weeks, more than we ever have in such a short period. Some of these plugins are brand-new, PA-exclusive titles. Others have previously been available for the UAD-2 platform exclusively. We are happy to see Brainworx releasing more of these fantastic tools natively!

As you will know by now, all of these 12 new plugins are included in our MEGA Bundle Subscription, so you can get them ALL for just $24.99/mo or $249.99/yr. That's more than 100 plugins from 25+ brands, and growing.

But... if you prefer to buy a few perpetual licenses once in a while instead of renting the whole bundle, we have something for you today!

We offer all 12 new plugins at the official intro prices (no codes needed), for the next 48 hours. So you can mix and match ALL our plugins and save up to 60% extra, using our New & Improved Dynamic Discounts.

You can combine these intro prices with most of your current vouchers (but not with already expired codes - pls check your past emails for details).

To kick-start you all, we are giving you an additional $25 voucher today which you can use on any purchase ($99 minimum cart value) in the next 48 hours, for all of our older and newer plugins!"

The shape of sales to come?
Old 4 weeks ago
i like PA

I use PA since around 9 years now and (over time) "collected" around 30 plugs, which makes sense to me / my work. after buying some of the plugs i got the very most significantly discounted over the years. As more your buy, as more discount you get in sales or if you "Bundle" byself.

PA offers now a subscription model, but this is less interesting for me as i (currently) have what i need and generally prefer life long licenses.

you can't really compare to fabfilter or similiar product lines, because PA offers unique, less "generic" tools and analog emulations from different developers, fitting very different needs / expectations / applications.

i like and use fabfilter and others too. Some of the plugins PA offer are "industry quasi standards" today - i.e. the bx_digital v2/3. selected plugins from PAs analog emulations are available from UAD on their DSP/FPGA platform. I use UAD so i typically have to decide where to buy which tool (from UAD or PA).

from my view, all plugins from PA are top notch in their application or niche. if you look for a tool and PA offer an option you get a high quality solution from them. if they fit your expectations / needs? - demo it...
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Was hopeful reading that email this morning, but it's really just a worse version of the intro offer we got the other week.

Dirk said on Facebook that you could use multiple vouchers in the basket, then someone said you can't, Dirk then corrected and confirmed that you couldn't use for monthly loyalty voucher with the additional $25 voucher and that people shouldn't message support because that's our system and no one on support can change it.

I have tested and you can use both vouchers in the same cart
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkR View Post
Was hopeful reading that email this morning, but it's really just a worse version of the intro offer we got the other week.

Dirk said on Facebook that you could use multiple vouchers in the basket, then someone said you can't, Dirk then corrected and confirmed that you couldn't use for monthly loyalty voucher with the additional $25 voucher and that people shouldn't message support because that's our system and no one on support can change it.

I have tested and you can use both vouchers in the same cart
I wonder if the two vouchers deal depends on the order you put them in the cart. With the new $25 voucher (which you can only use on products that are $99 or over) say you want one of the new amp sims which go nominally for $99 on intro. Put it in your cart and add the $25 voucher. After the system comes back and says that voucher has been applied you put in your monthly voucher if you have a $50 or $75. If it's accepted then you'd be paying $24 if you had a $50 monthly or leaving $1 on the table if you had a $75 monthly.

Try flipping the order and it might not work.

Either way I don't like this deal that to use the $25 you have to use it on $99 or more and as someone earlier asked 'is this the new way PA's operating?' Extending this thought out it could end up being having to spend $198 or more to use a $50 monthly and $297 or more if you have a $75 monthly. My numbers might be off but I can see some restrictions like this to happen from now on.

Would have been neat if there was no restriction as I could get Triad for $24 instead of $49.
Old 4 weeks ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
I wonder if the two vouchers deal depends on the order you put them in the cart. With the new $25 voucher (which you can only use on products that are $99 or over) say you want one of the new amp sims which go nominally for $99 on intro. Put it in your cart and add the $25 voucher. After the system comes back and says that voucher has been applied you put in your monthly voucher if you have a $50 or $75. If it's accepted then you'd be paying $24 if you had a $50 monthly or leaving $1 on the table if you had a $75 monthly.

Either way I don't like this deal that to use the $25 you have to use it on $99 or more and as someone earlier asked 'is this the new way PA's operating?' Extending this thought out it could end up being having to spend $198 or more to use a $50 monthly and $297 or more if you have a $75 monthly. My numbers might be off but I can see some restrictions like this to happen from now on.

Would have been neat if there was no restriction as I could get Triad for $24 instead of $49.
Nope, I just tried that and no dice... the monthly always overrides the flash one...
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:

It's not the heavy hitter intro prices, so with the $25 the prices aren't as good as the original intro prices.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitecat View Post
Nope, I just tried that and no dice... the monthly always overrides the flash one...
Just tried again, it has changed, it definitely did not do that this morning!
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
It's not the heavy hitter intro prices, so with the $25 the prices aren't as good as the original intro prices.
I wonder if these higher 'intro' prices are supposed to make us think the 'intro' prices we got with the ersatz heavy hitter codes (which were higher than they were in months gone by) were a good deal?

On a related issue I wonder if the Lindell vintage Neve TMT console that's supposedly coming next month is supposed to make us forget about the strip/console companion to the Amek 2098? And how would this be different from the console_N we have now?
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

All the $149/$99 plugins have magically morphed into $149/$129 ones now.

Do we really look that stupid?

What's the bet they don't drop back to $99 after the 48H "sale" is over?
Old 4 weeks ago
trg
Gear Head
Quote:
All the $149/$99 plugins have magically morphed into $149/$129 ones now.

Do we really look that stupid?

What's the bet they don't drop back to $99 after the 48H "sale" is over?
My $149s were $99 only with the HH intro voucher code that used to deduct $50, whereas it now deducts $30 to end up at $99 again...
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Well I'm confused trying to keep up with this giving with one hand and taking away with the other.

Considering not spending a cent on PA this month in protest. Who'd have thunk it?
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Yeah, I just got the $25 coupon that can be used on top of the $50 voucher I already have. I still highly doubt that I’ll get anything beyond maybe Magnum K, since it’s already available at a discounted price to me. I just bought Halion 6 on sale, so I’m pretty much done for the month
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortal Engines View Post
Yeah, I just got the $25 coupon that can be used on top of the $50 voucher I already have. I still highly doubt that I’ll get anything beyond maybe Magnum K, since it’s already available at a discounted price to me. I just bought Halion 6 on sale, so I’m pretty much done for the month
You were able to stack them?
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Added the 25 voucher it overrides my 75 voucher so cannot stack them..
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

I was able to stack first thing this morning before Dirk said you couldn’t on Facebook, did they go “oh sh*t” and quickly change it “yeah that’s just our system, can’t do anything about it” because we’ve always been able to stack vouchers before.
Old 4 weeks ago
Quote:
I was able to stack first thing this morning before Dirk said you couldn’t on Facebook, did they go “oh sh*t” and quickly change it “yeah that’s just our system, can’t do anything about it” because we’ve always been able to stack vouchers before.

When a change to the system helps them, it's instant. Then enabling dynamic discounts for license transfers take weeks.

(I'm a web dev professionally and I honestly don't see why it should take a while... shrug)
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Plugin Alliance has great plugins, QC and customer service. BX_Masterdesk is definitely one of their best and is one of the most analog sounding plugins for the 2 bus I have ever heard. There is no other plug out there that combines the ease of use, sound quality and “analog” wow factor for the final chain.
The weekly deals PAlliance offers are a great way to start... after trying their two week demo period.
You can’t go wrong with this company.
Try BX_Masterdesk if you haven’t already. It is absolutely genius and combines well with other finalizers you may wish to use in your output chain.
Old 4 weeks ago
Quote:
Just received an email from KVR:

"August is Guitar Month at KVR"

Kuassa Caliburn $34
Kuassa Creme $19
Kuassa Matchlock $34
Kuassa Vermilion $19
Kuassa One $24
Kuassa Cerberus Bass $24

All are sub-$50 RRP, FWIMBW. To my little mind, these prices are reasonable and what one would expect in the guitar / bass-amp-sim market.
Have you tried these? I've seen plenty of great comments about Caliburn, Creme, and Vermillion....

But I just got done saying I bought enough amps for now, heh
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

No I haven't, Andrew, as I'm a Kemperite.

Yeah, I've heard only good things about them too.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by uumatter View Post
Plugin Alliance has great plugins, QC and customer service. BX_Masterdesk is definitely one of their best and is one of the most analog sounding plugins for the 2 bus I have ever heard. There is no other plug out there that combines the ease of use, sound quality and “analog” wow factor for the final chain.
The weekly deals PAlliance offers are a great way to start... after trying their two week demo period.
You can’t go wrong with this company.
Try BX_Masterdesk if you haven’t already. It is absolutely genius and combines well with other finalizers you may wish to use in your output chain.
Are you joking or what dude?
PA may have some decent plugins but their QC and customer service sucks. SUCKS.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
You were able to stack them?
No. I tried right after I posted. The $25 coupon is only good on cart orders $99 and over anyway. I don’t think I’ll be getting anything this month. I’m really not that bothered over it either, as I think about it
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Are you joking or what dude?
PA may have some decent plugins but their QC and customer service sucks. SUCKS.
I didn't want to say anything Jack but it looked like a plant to me.

Can't wait to see me some of those "... weekly deals PAlliance offers". Sounds too good to be true.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
I didn't want to say anything Jack but it looked like a plant to me.

Can't wait to see me some of those "... weekly deals PAlliance offers". Sounds too good to be true.
his other post was like 2 years ago.

So you haven't used your voucher yet? It's $75 right? Why not go for the B15 Ampeg? Different flavor bass amp than the Bassdude or the V4B.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

I'm a little torn about it, Jack, 'cause I bought Bassdude as a "one-off" alternative to my Kemper for bass should I "need" it once in a while, not knowing of course that PA would later release a slew of Ampeg models at premium prices.

I'm reluctant to start collecting them lest I be OCD-driven to buy them all eventually.

Still haven't figured out what to spend the voucher on this month. Considering BYOME even 'though I have TRAID, just so there's a lower-CPU option there, and also the 7X 500 'cause it's cheap.

I'm open to suggestions of course.
Old 4 weeks ago
Quote:
I'm a little torn about it, Jack, 'cause I bought Bassdude as a "one-off" alternative to my Kemper for bass should I "need" it once in a while, not knowing of course that PA would later release a slew of Ampeg models at premium prices.

I'm reluctant to start collecting them lest I be OCD-driven to buy them all eventually.

Still haven't figured out what to spend the voucher on this month. Considering BYOME even 'though I have TRAID, just so there's a lower-CPU option there, and also the 7X 500 'cause it's cheap.

I'm open to suggestions of course.
you could spend less time posting and obsessing about GAS and just make some music with what ya got
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Hi I have just joined GearSlutz dot Com to tell you about this fabulous company called Plugin Alliance, the professional audio plugins they make are so wonderfully exquisite, so analog, so warm. Also I nearly forgot to mention their customer service, which is the best customer service I have ever experienced in my life. WOW you won't believe how good Plugin Alliance Professional Audio Plugin Software is, if I only had one word to describe Plugin Alliance it would be WOW.

A+++++++++++++++

Click here to find HOT Local Babes • OMG this one simple trick makes ur mixes SO FINE • Mix engineers hate this one simple trick • Earn $67784 an hour making music at home
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardtoe View Post
you could spend less time posting and obsessing about GAS and just make some music with what ya got
Thanks mate; how kind of you.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search