The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Who Uses Plugin Alliance?
Old 3 weeks ago
Anyone willing to give me the $149 code they aren't using? Shoot me a DM.
Old 3 weeks ago
trg
Gear Head
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcoutu1 View Post
AFAIK, these vouchers are personalized. But there's some confusion about that...
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

I’m not so sure about this month, but I believe it is only a matter of time before the $29-$69 plugin special returns. Sure, PA is getting an ass-ton of $175 cash injections this month, but how far down the road does that really get them? They need a monthly income as much as the rest of us, and people like Waves are practically giving their catalog away in the meantime. As far as I can tell, there are plenty of people who are holding back from the subscription model, and I personally don’t need yet another console or compressor emulation. I’ll definitely pick one up if the price is right, though.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
I thought the codes were at $179? I'm a heavy hitter and I got a $179 code.
Old 3 weeks ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by trg View Post
AFAIK, these vouchers are personalized. But there's some confusion about that...
If someone sends me a $150 code to try, then we'll find out.
Old 3 weeks ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post

Mine is also $179. A number of people have mentioned $149 code though.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyxx View Post
Looks like the clever bastages have taken away the $19 and $29 plugins from Dynamic Discount within the last 24 hours.... hmmm.... I don't know if that's fair or not but they are preventing people from doing the big combo deal that was posted earlier.
Lol, you are right, funny i tought they would do that so i decided not to wait to the end of the month. This is how i used my voucher to get DSMv3 and Focusrite:
Attached Thumbnails
Who Uses Plugin Alliance?-screen-shot-2019-07-17-12.08.54-copyedited.jpg  
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Gave in on the PSP offer and got Master Q 2, Neon HR and Mc Q. Really love Mc Q so far.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
These codes are linked to user accounts. If they can be used by anybody anyway, then only because they have a bug in their system. Besides, the $149 code is meant to be used by people who spent more $ in the past than people who received a $179 code, it is not meant to be used by random bottom feeders
Old 3 weeks ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadYodeler View Post
it is not meant to be used by random bottom feeders
Gearslutz...
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Nut
Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
Yea mine was the same, $179. I assumed there is one more heavy hitter tier above me. i have about 28 plugs, some guys have way more.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Gearslutz...
GS is where it's at!
Old 3 weeks ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadYodeler View Post
GS is where it's at!
Nah, it's filled with bottom feeders like me.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by tempsperdu View Post
Gave in on the PSP offer and got Master Q 2, Neon HR and Mc Q. Really love Mc Q so far.
I hate to add fuel to the fire but... NobleQ and Precursor 2 are great and at that price...ugh.

I'm assuming you have the E27 already.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Constant_K View Post
I hate to add fuel to the fire but... NobleQ and Precursor 2 are great and at that price...ugh.

What he said: E27, Preqursor 2 and NobleQ.

As far as PA... I'm resolved to wait until Black Friday before looking at some of the latest plugins.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitocorleone123 View Post
What he said: E27, Preqursor 2 and NobleQ.

As far as PA... I'm resolved to wait until Black Friday before looking at some of the latest plugins.
I think a lot of people here as well as other PA purchasers that aren't on here are going the same way. With the exception of the B15 next month I'll wait until Black Friday or Christmas. Yeah it'll hose my voucher amounts but right now, as Rhett Butler would say: 'Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn about PA anymore'
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:

Yeah got E27 and Vintage Warmer and 2445 EMT.

I couldn't really stretch any further as I also got Bitwig 3. PSP seem to make stuff 'available' at regular intervals so I might grab them next time.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Nut

The vouchers aren't personalized. I sent an email to PA and they stated that it was no problem for someone else to give me a code that a user didn't want to use.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrizzie View Post
The vouchers aren't personalized. I sent an email to PA and they stated that it was no problem for someone else to give me a code that a user didn't want to use.
Loyalty right there.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Head
Considering they probably have way too many customers to do things by hand, they probably generated coupons and their amounts using a very simple formula, taking only a few parameters into account.

I was offered $179, and ended up buying my yearly sub for $149 through a voucher I got just by contacting PA and asking nicely, after reminding them that I owned licences for about half of their catalog.

Like or dislike (well, ok, dislike ) how the move's been handled, there are actual people on the other end. If you want a cheaper price because you think you should get it, your wish might be a simple message away.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Passed on the E27 last time it was on sale, you guys seem to love it?

Was thinking about grabbing the Magic Death Eye compressor this month to fill the PA shaped void in my soul, loving the demo, do DDMF do sales? It's a very fair £79 already though.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkR View Post

Was thinking about grabbing the Magic Death Eye compressor this month to fill the PA shaped void in my soul, loving the demo, do DDMF do sales? It's a very fair £79 already though.
I think the E27 is a specific use EQ. It's not good for fixing or heavily sculpting stuff. But for adding broad strokes of color it can be really useful.

I guess I think about it in the same way as my UAD API 550A. It's not going to make it on every track or every song, but when it does come out, it's going to be just the thing I wanted.

The bx Console N is the new thing I'm really noticing as a plugin I can use almost everywhere or anywhere, really versatile channel strip. It's giving me some of the best electric guitar sounds I have gotten in a while. Great on drums or anything else too. A really nice alternative to the usual SSL channel strips.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortal Engines View Post
I’m not so sure about this month, but I believe it is only a matter of time before the $29-$69 plugin special returns.
Per the email they sent out, there should have been a permanent price reduction on some of the older plug-ins to alleviate the need of waiting for those 24 hour sale prices, but that has yet to materialize.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by tempsperdu View Post
Quote:

heh, that PSP sale keeps finding its way into my inbox too. I like the sound of NobleQ (I mean the sound of the name, lol - no idea how the plugin sounds). See, this is how seasonal sales work and benefit all vendors - even if one vendor gets you bent out of shape, it just makes you more willing to buy other stuff from other vendors! (kind of the same concept as a gas station on opposite corners of the intersection - more likely people will stop at either one for gas then, based on which is convenient, even though they're competitors)

Warmer is a classic, isn't it... I'm just literally too busy to dig into their stuff at all though so I think that will save me this time around.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Record-low plugin spend for me this month with only a week to go.

Total outlay for month so far:
$0.00

Not very Slutty.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkey Man View Post
Record-low plugin spend for me this month with only a week to go.

Total outlay for month so far:
$0.00

Not very Slutty.
Shameful sir. Just utterly shameful. What kind of a monkey do you think you are? Still a week to go though and play catch-up. Make this one for the record books!
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

It's already a record, mate.

In my defence of this ultimate shame, er... it's not my fault. A certain company, the one that's received close to 100% of my spend these past few years, has made it extremely-difficult for me to continue with my M.O.

As I've said previously, it has 'til the end of the month to show exactly where it's at.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkR View Post

I promised myself to never buy another digital eq, but that 28k band really is something else. Just adding it to a track does something and you’ll notice it right away if you take it off. Just add a little drive and hit the 28k button on the pre-amp. It’s like an a instant sound better button. Love it.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Addict

The E27 is definitely more than for “specific use” - it can be a 6 band EQ, do Mid/Side, make 16 dB changes, has a 28k band boost, and more. It’s cpu hungry, though, but remains one of the best analog-style eq emulations on the market. That said, the Q is fairly broad at low dB changes - the more you change, the narrower the q.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by vertigopulse View Post
This thread is amazing! The mood here is reminiscent of a certain version 5 drum sampler vst that took a little while to come out...

1. PA is an accumulation of different plug in authors....like an alliance.
2. PA doesn't make vsts. By reading the comments here, I'm not convinced that many of you actually understand that.They host a platform for you to get vsts by Brainworx, Lindell, Unfiltered Audio, SSL, SPL, Diezel, Focusrite, etc....
3. The brands they are partnered with are beasts of companies that put out some of the best hardware as well as vsts in the world to date.
Go look at the companies they work with. Its a who is who of monsters in the music world.

With that said I'm sure that those companies need their cut in order for PA to continue using their brand name. That logo costs $$$. This is a business for them. There was a post earlier saying that PA went from a provider to a seller. What does that even mean? They weren't providing us a consulting service... they sold us plug ins from great companies. They still do.

Thank God PA exists because who knows what these plug ins may have actually cost if they weren't. I could easily see 199, 299 plug ins across the board for most of them sold outside of a group. I mean I want VSE-2 from vertigo but that thing is going for 278 USD right now! And worth every penny if it does what I need it to.

So consider this before you write off PA just because they added subscription models:

I'm sure that sales of plug ins vary wildly from brand to brand. I mean seriously lets not kid ourselves here... was the excitement over the zip compressor the same as say the shadow hills comp? You could debate that either way but that's the point. You could get BOTH from PA. These are tools and one comp over another for a task is why we buy so many.

A subscription service probably just SAVED US ALL from getting boxed out of new great plug ins from awesome developers. I hated that Vertigo dropped, but I would bet if PA implemented the sub earlier on they might have stayed. Their offering was so limited that once everyone bought what they had, VSM3, VSC2, etc..sales probably trickled downward.

I'm sure the subscription service allowed PA to keep business with all of those brands and I would be willing to speculate they are negotiating with others that we will see in the months to come. I am positive the income they will get through subscription models will help their business end with ALL the plug in developers (cash distributions, quarterly/yearly rebates, etc) as opposed to the tilted sales towards an SSL licensed console versus say Spec Ops.

I wish Plugin Alliance the best of luck with their new model! They are an awesome company and I really appreciate all the brands they have lined up with. I myself will not be getting a subscription but I'm glad they went this route if it means more opportunity at great plug ins in the future. I'm keeping my fingers crossed Vertigo Sound comes back!

Granted this is all my humble opinion and I could be wrong about all of it, but it seems pretty obvious to me why they did it. Especially with the new big name brands entering the fray.

What an awesome time to be alive people! Look at ALL these great tools we have now to create music! And that IS the point.
Not really, Brainworx is developimg 90% of the plugins and they just license the names. You can even hear who coded the plugin, just check the credits to find out who coded your favorites and you’ll see a pattern.

PA is Brainworx which is Dirk. Unfiltered audio and Dmitry Sches are two exceptions (and there are a couple of others).
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search