The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Metric halo where's the upgrade already Audio Interfaces
Old 18th July 2015
Gear Addict

Metric halo where's the upgrade already

I am a proud metric halo uln8 user, it is just a great kit for what it offers. Recently when I needed to upgrade from 8 inputs to 16 inputs
Option A. Ditch the uln8 and get a fully loaded apogee symphony
Option B. Get a second uln8

Before I tell you my decision let me take you back to AES 2010 NYC that was an exiting year I've just came into some real cash and was looking to to upgrade the studio. My top choice was the symphony even though it was still buggy at the time. I went to the apogee table and basically got snub nobody came to assist me. After a while this one guy came to help but it was all one word answer. I left that area and never look back. after that I went to check out the toft atb 16, version 3. Alen Wyatt told me that all the glitches were fixed. so guess what I ended up owning the very console displayed at the show. On my way out I stumbled onto this odd bunch of guys the metric hallo guys for whatever reason this was the first time I ever saw them or their technology. They were so welcoming in taking the time to show me and explained to me the full usage of the uln8 that the next day I place my order with Shane at alto NYC.

So when it came time to upgrade I just couldn't live without my 8 world class pres with built in character. I bit the bullet and bought a second uln8 with the inticipation of the new 3d card getting released soon. I didn't even open the second unit. That was February now it's July I refused to purchase more AES cables to use the two units together so come on metric where are the new upgrades to these boxes. It seem like we're in vapor ware territories.
Old 18th July 2015
Gear Addict

Yeah I was thinking the same thing re: vapor ware
Old 18th July 2015
Lives for gear

You're kidding right?

Buy a network sound mamba aes->analog converter box and you have 16 analog inputs next to 8 micros (these cannot be used at the same time as the 8 original analog ins).

The 3D card though yes needs a more clear roadmap and release date... AND a new price. I'' say it again on the 3D card update: $599 for existing customers while new customers only pay $99 is ridiculous. I'll think hard before biting.
Old 25th August 2015
Gear Nut

But seriously.
Old 19th October 2015
Lives for gear

bump
Old 20th October 2015
Gear Head

I find it a little disconcerting that their website was not updated to say their interfaces are ready for El Capitan. They're usually pretty quick about making sure everything works properly in the new operating systems and advertising that fact.
Old 20th October 2015
Lives for gear

That is because they have probably not done all the beta testing needed. People that tried it out say that the ULN-8 works fine on El Capitan, but MH have never been in the business of throwing out products or statements without being able to back them up. It would be crazy to upgrade to El Capitan right now anyway, unless you are looking for trouble and pissed off clients - there are just too many issues that need to be ironed out. Likewise, the 3D card is a major endeavour, I am ok for waiting and getting an upgrade that works without problems, rather than one that throws up all sorts of tantrums because it was rushed out.
Top Mentioned Products
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search