The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Apogee ad16/da16 to RME Fireface UFX connections Audio Interfaces
Old 7th July 2015
Gear Head

Apogee ad16/da16 to RME Fireface UFX connections

Hi everyone,
So my story is this: Ive owned a UFX for a long while but recently snagged a toft ATB 16 for a great deal. Soon after stumbled across some apogee converters for substantially less then Ebay, reverb, used pricing. About a month after I received the unit my AD showed a 0 Error. After it taking a nice trip to santa monica and back, with a pretty decent customer service experience with apogee, I have it all back and racked up.

My question is this: because Apogee's support wouldn't give me a clear answer no matter how many times I asked (About 4 in total via the troubleshooting system and chat support.) Is the single 0 error something I could have done to cause (improper connections etc)

I had it set up as follows

Audio: Optical connections via RME -> AD or DA

Wordlock: BNC connections: AD( big ben master) BNC out -> DA set to slave and using a BNC T connector to BNC in -> Through to RME In and RME unit set to Wordlock in (Slave)

I tried searching for connections and such and it seemed people do these connections a couple different ways. I learn't my configuration from reading all 3 units manuals and it worked for a month or so therefore I assumed it was okay.
Im most likely going to Part with the RME soon and just get an apogee option card but I have some projects that have been on the back burner that I need to mix. I just want to make sure this isn't a problem Im causing... otherwise my converters are no good aside from getting so hot I could probably fry an egg on top... (Not that hot.. but warmer then most gear.)

Also, Anyone who does know lots about the 0 problem.... drum roll and million dollar question... is it something reoccurring? I really like these converters but if this problems a pain in the ass I'd rather sell it and get a lynx like the studio room I used to rent. I just wanted a big ben realistically lynx or apogee converters are both great.

Thanks for your help in advance.
Top Mentioned Products
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search