The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
mp3 96000khz how to get there on PC?
Old 4th July 2015
Deleted User
mp3 96000khz how to get there on PC?

I have a PC, I apologize America but I have one. I know there are bunch of converters for MACs what about pc? Anyone?
Old 5th July 2015
Lives for gear
There are way more programs for a PC than for a MAC.
I'm pretty sure that WaveLab can do what you want, but there are lots of alternatives, probably even free.
Old 5th July 2015
Gear Nut

I thought the official mp3 spec stopped @ 48KHz (mainly for video - MPEG, layer 3, like MPEG2 on a DVD ya know? )

I'd have to assume if 96KHz mp3's are even possible that they will be a compatibility nightmare for most users. I'd lean towards higher bitrate 48KHz or 44.1KHz mp3's encoded from your 96KHz master...
Old 5th July 2015
Lives for gear

96000 kHz = 96 MHz
Old 6th July 2015
Lives for gear

Any loss in the transfer from lossless to MP3 is exponentially higher than the loss from 192 to 44 kHz. If you know how MP3 works you should know that a higher sample rate would do nothing, since the format encodes frequencies separately and the only extra info would be 100% inaudible.
You don't need this – get the recording right and stop obsessing about it.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search