The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
more ins/outs for rme babyface? Digital Converters
Old 27th June 2015
Here for the gear

more ins/outs for rme babyface?

Hey all,

What is the best way to expand more ins and outs for the babyface? ADAT (which can be connected to optical port of babyface)? I'm building up some more hardware, would connecting this all to a 12 or 16 channel mixing board then sending the master out of the board to the ins of the babyface work as well?

thanks
Old 27th June 2015
Lives for gear

If you already have a mixer, sure go with that. Personally, I'd go (and did) ADAT so I have more control over each individual channel if I want - or in my case, the ability to record each channel individually into my DAW.
Old 3rd July 2015
Here for the gear

cool thanks for the info,

any specific units you can recommend for ADAT?

cheers
Old 3rd July 2015
Lives for gear

I did the Behringer ADA 8200. Great unit for the price. Also worth considering for a good chunk of change more are RME's offering.
Old 3rd July 2015
Lives for gear

And o fcourse the focusrite octo pre range which is what I now use after I sold mt Behri ADA8000.
Mind you the Behri was fine too. I just got a super deal on a pair of Octo pres.
Old 4th July 2015
Gear Nut

Used ADA8000 can be had for 100-200. Never got a chance to try one because I have an old octopre but I've heard good things
Old 5th July 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terce View Post
Used ADA8000 can be had for 100-200. Never got a chance to try one because I have an old octopre but I've heard good things
You can get a new 8200 for 200 and not have to worry about the heat issues. Plus, the pres are slightly upgraded.
Old 6th July 2015
Here for the gear

cool cheers for the info, will be looking for a Behringer ada 8200
Old 7th July 2015
Lives for gear

Focusrite OctoPre MkII here.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search