The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Echo Audio and Windows 10 Audio Interfaces
Old 10th September 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue Ai View Post
Would the same thing work for a Mia MIDI card?
I'm pretty sure it would, since they both use the same driver.

best.
Old 2nd September 2018
Lives for gear

Bumping this thread with a success report!

I had an Echo Indigo IOx languishing in a drawer for years that I had almost forgotten about. Assumed due to Echo's lack of updates it wouldn't work.

I have just tried the latest Windows 7 driver installer (check Echo's archive driver page), within Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, on a Thinkpad x230 that sports an Expresscard slot. Shortly after inserting the Indigo IOx card and letting Win10 find it, sound mixer reports four stereo virtual outputs through the Indigo. Ableton Live successfully uses Echo's ASIO interface, sound is clear and glitch-free and performance seems very good.

I'm pleased I can use this card again, but I do wish Echo would open source the drivers for these old interfaces.
Old 14th September 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasimirsBlake View Post
Bumping this thread with a success report!

I had an Echo Indigo IOx languishing in a drawer for years that I had almost forgotten about. Assumed due to Echo's lack of updates it wouldn't work.

I have just tried the latest Windows 7 driver installer (check Echo's archive driver page), within Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, on a Thinkpad x230 that sports an Expresscard slot. Shortly after inserting the Indigo IOx card and letting Win10 find it, sound mixer reports four stereo virtual outputs through the Indigo. Ableton Live successfully uses Echo's ASIO interface, sound is clear and glitch-free and performance seems very good.

I'm pleased I can use this card again, but I do wish Echo would open source the drivers for these old interfaces.
I was afraid that when MS stops supporting Windows 7 in 2020 that I was going to have to get a new sound card/interface when I am forced to upgrade to Windows 10 but if the Windows 7 drivers work then great!
Old 15th September 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
I was afraid that when MS stops supporting Windows 7 in 2020 that I was going to have to get a new sound card/interface when I am forced to upgrade to Windows 10 but if the Windows 7 drivers work then great!
There really are no guarantees in this kind of situation.

I would suggest putting together some kind of testbed to try it out before moving over completely. Win10 allows the user to skip the product key during installation so that running as a trial is possible. Perhaps image your OS drive first then try this? Or put it on a temporary drive.
Old 15th September 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Windows 7 x64 drivers work well on Windows 10 with my Echo Gina24. I would expect the same for other Echo interfaces.
Old 15th September 2018
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12Bass View Post
... I would expect the same for other Echo interfaces.
Data point: My Echo AudioFire Pre8 works fine in Win10.
Old 2 days ago
Gear Addict
Echo AudioFire4 and AudioFirePre8 working fine on Dell Win10 laptop with Thunderbolt3:

Connection needs [pricy] Apple converters: DellPrecision3520 -> Apple Thunderbolt3-Thunderbolt2 -> Apple Thunderbolt2-FireWire800 -> FireWire800-FireWire400 cable -> EchoAudioFire

note: does NOT work [at all] on the Dell TB16 dock.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search