The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Bitwig 1.1.8 vs Studio one 3? Virtual Instrument Plugins
Old 6th July 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinh222 View Post
Looking at that screen shot of Bitwig it looks cluttered to me, everything in one place. I guess you'd need dual screen or possibly 3. I still cant figure out why people are into this Bitwig thing though, it maybe cause its the new kid on the block and thus gives the impression its capable of producing something more futuristic compared to Ableton. But compared to other DAWs (especially Protools) you can do pretty much anything in Ableton and fast too.
The effects are supposed to be better in Ableton. Effects are the cornerstone for great music and most synths (even the ones in Omnisphere) are inadequate.
As a new Ableton user Ive explored some of the max for live's and today the standard effects like Grain Delay, there's nothing remotely close to this in Protools. But hey, each to his own. If it works for you then thats what its all about.
Dude, you can remove the clip view if you want. That guy just had everything showing at the same time. It doesn't look cluttered when you are on a 27" screen. You have 3 screens to work with also. The track screen, the mixer screen, and the edit. So you can work just like with a traditional DAW. You don't own Bitwig, I do. I have used Ableton for probably longer than you have been making music. So unless you own Bitwig and have used it, your opinion means absolutely nothing to me or anyone on here.
Old 6th July 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by billcarroll View Post
I'll side with @ lovessuperstrats ... your soundcloud is pretty suck free

Are you on Studio One v3 full time?
Thanks guys! Yep, I've been full time on S1 for the last 2 years or so. I've got it dialed in to the point where I can simply achieve the results I want SO much faster on S1 than any other DAW. It has become another instrument in my studio, more or less. For as many cues as I do, having a DAW that minimizes redundant mouse clicks and menu navigation is a life saver. Now if they will hurry up and add I/O presets and track presets, I'll be golden.

Last edited by feck; 6th July 2015 at 07:03 PM..
Old 7th July 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by That Other Guy
I have used Ableton for probably longer than you have been making music. So unless you own Bitwig and have used it, your opinion means absolutely nothing to me or anyone on here.
Lesson: Arrogance can often lead to embarrassment... Ive been making music for 20 years but it would be nice to be young and know everything again.
Old 7th July 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karloff70
You think it warrants a facepalm to suggest you actually try something before trying to rationalise out some nonsense and coming to a conclusion about how useful it is when you haven't even tried it?
Old 7th July 2015
As you may or may not have noticed I started with "I dont mean to start an argument" but I suppose that was too much for some people, they wanted to start one anyway, why? ...well they obviously need to get a life.
I dont give a rats about what people think of Bitwig or how it trumps Ableton in every possible way!!! It doesn't bother me but clearly it bothers them.

If you have to behave like that, be disrespectful and get all offended simply because someone criticizes the software you use then you need psychiatric help....and now you know what the facepalm was all about.
Old 7th July 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Lesson: Arrogance can often lead to embarrassment... Ive been making music for 20 years but it would be nice to be young and know everything again.
I don't know everything, but you seem to think you do. Proven by your talking points against a software you have never used.
Old 7th July 2015
Gear Addict

Quote:
As you may or may not have noticed I started with "I dont mean to start an argument" but I suppose that was too much for some people, they wanted to start one anyway, why? ...well they obviously need to get a life.
I dont give a rats about what people think of Bitwig or how it trumps Ableton in every possible way!!! It doesn't bother me but clearly it bothers them.
Quote:
It doesn't bother me

Your post, #25 , gives a very different impression. "I don't get why people care about that new Bitwig! They wanna make that damn futuristic music I guess! I mean Ableton can do it all, and faster too! Them FX are better too I heard buh god!"
Old 7th July 2015
Seriously? The points you made about how its greater than Ableton were not justified..things like latency compensation, rendering tracks, its appearance, session loading times...they are not justified reasons. All I did was correct you. Ableton has all those things with the exception of appearance but thats subjective. Any non-user can get access to that information (and I did before I decided to go with Ableton instead).

Now had you mentioned the note event expressions feature (which is about the only thing that puts Bitwig ahead) then you would have a stronger case but even that is only limited to Bitwig instruments, which Im told aren't really that good.

And no, Im not getting into a debate here about which is better, as I said Im not interested, Im just saying the points you made were not justifiable, that's it! so I responded to them and Im only telling you this because you seem somewhat confused.
Old 7th July 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool Tool
Your post, #25 , gives a very different impression. "I don't get why people care about that new Bitwig! They wanna make that damn futuristic music I guess! I mean Ableton can do it all, and faster too! Them FX are better too I heard buh god!"
Old 7th July 2015
Lives for gear

Let's just post random smileys and have a good beer.

Old 7th July 2015
Gear Guru

Quote:

If you have to behave like that, be disrespectful and get all offended simply because someone criticizes the software you use then you need psychiatric help....and now you know what the facepalm was all about.
Funny. Always the guys that 'evaluate' a tool without having actually tried it that blow up when challenged on that point. You don't get it, do you? It's nothing to do with whether I use Bitwig (which is one software I use) or not. It's that YOU haven't, so your opinion is best kept stumm until you have.

You might not appreciate this, but there are a few of us left on here that would LOVE this site to be a place where people give advice and air opinions based on having actually USED things. Simple concept, really. Not hard to stick to. No need to throw your dummy out the pram.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search