The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Please help! Been through 2 audio interfaces already need recomendation! Audio Interfaces
Old 20th May 2015
Here for the gear

Exclamation Please help! Been through 2 audio interfaces already need recomendation!

I have an electric guitar with hot pickups, an acoustic guitar with lower pickups, and a standard microphone. I also have a pc computer and two jbl lsr305 speakers.

I want to be able to play my guitar and record songs that are clear and clean through guitar rig.

My first purchase was a focusrite 2i2, out of the box my electric guitar clipped with low gain and I was not impressed by the sound quality that was coming out of the microphone. I have seen videos of the 2i4 and it wasn't much better when it came to the clipping problem. I was comparing the sound quality to my roommates old Native instruments Audio Kontrol 1 and that made me decide to buy a Komplete audio 6.

Komplete audio 6 definitely met my expectations when it came to volume and sound quality. However it has had major limitations when it comes to the drivers. Every few minutes the sound will either drop out or have some popping/clicking going on, even with the new drivers released last month. It's just not a viable PC product.

Does anyone have a recommendation for me, that will match the quality of the Komplete audio 6 box without the driver issues that I have been encountering? I'm hoping my third audio box purchase will be the last for awhile.

Thanks!
Old 20th May 2015
Gear Head

I urge you to try and address the issues with the interface you have, before running off and buying more, pricier equipment. PC audio is finicky, and one setting, buried deep somewhere, can make or break.
Perhaps if you listed and described your rig and computer, one of the brains here could tip you off.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search