The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Leslie Freeware (or cheapware)? Reverb & Delay Plugins
Old 19th May 2015
Gear Head

Leslie Freeware (or cheapware)?

Anyone have recommendations for a Leslie type plugin that is either free or cheap? Last post on this was from like 2012, so I figured I'd give it another try.
Old 20th May 2015
Gear Head

boo. nothing?
Old 20th May 2015
Lives for gear

You could always do what I did.
Google "leslie VST"

Tons of hits.
Old 20th May 2015
rez
Lives for gear

maybe nobody replied, because you didn´t even say what daw you are using?

so how can anyone show you a good plugin without knowing if you need vst, au, aax, rtas or something completely different?

if you are on a mac and use logic 7(?) 8 or 9, there is a very usable leslie called "rotor cabinet" in the stock modulations plugins. this effect also got overhauled for logic x and has more functions now.
also there is a plugin in the guitar effects section called "spin box", which i assume to be the same algorithm but simplyfied, with a different gui.

peace, rez
Old 20th May 2015
Lives for gear

I downloaded the free stompking rotube sometime in the past year but haven't yet tried it. You may want to try that one.

I pretty much use Leslies built in to vb3 and b4 etc. I keep thinking I'm going to buy a ventilator, which is why I don't follow the vst leslies thing much.
Old 20th May 2015
I would recommend giving Melda MVintageRotary a try to see if it delivers the sound you want. If it does then wait for it to come around on their "Eternal Madness" weekly promotion at 50% off.
Old 20th May 2015
Lives for gear

I don't know what you define as cheap, but I love PSP L'otary and it seems to have gotten some pretty nice reviews as well.

CPU hog, so you'll have to bounce/freeze tracks using it, but sounds fantastic with a number of customization options.
Old 20th May 2015
An oldie but goodie ... there used to be a free VST organ called DirtBag. Not really a good organ, but it came with a Leslie plug called SpinBag that was my secret weapon for years. I've got a Neo Ventilator now (hardware) which is awesome, but not cheap.
Old 20th May 2015
Lives for gear

definitely this:

PSP Lo'tary a master quality emulation of legendary rotary speakers!

fresh, cheap and sounds great

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search